Is there any irish thread???

Guest sinead

Guest allieanddermo

Hi all,

we are off to Brisbane in July ad are getting so much grief from our friends and rellies that I just want to tell them all where to go.

Is anybody else in the same situation??

We ve done it before and came back after 18 months so they think we are wasting our money.

We know that this time its for keeps and they just dont get it???

Anyway good luck to you all with your plans and sorry we missed that last meet up also...

Allie

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest waltzing maltida

Hi All

We are a family of 4 from Dublin heading to Perth next Feb! hopefully all going well... we have friends in Mullaloo... For the police checks do you just go to your Garda station as ask them to apply for one for you. In the uk you can pay for them to come express... probably not anything like that here!

For anyone looking for a medical i booked ours last week and there is a five week wait in the mater!!

Guest loudu
Hi All

We are a family of 4 from Dublin heading to Perth next Feb! hopefully all going well... we have friends in Mullaloo... For the police checks do you just go to your Garda station as ask them to apply for one for you. In the uk you can pay for them to come express... probably not anything like that here!

For anyone looking for a medical i booked ours last week and there is a five week wait in the mater!!

For the garda checks - you need to go to the nearest local garda station that has i think its the superindendant in it. they are the only people who can sign garda clearance certs. (i had some friends who were gards in my old local station in dublin where i'd grown up but couldnt do much except as i had to go through my nearest one to where i was living when applying - in meath).

If your living in dublin- you should be ok. most stations, if not all stations in dublin would have their own superintendant. country police stations dont- for instance, in say meath, i think you have to go to the station in naven or one or two other ones.

My local station didnt know anything about it and i only found this out through my friends in the dublin station.

in the end it only took about two weeks or less for us to get ours from when we applied..

Best of luck with it all.

Louise.

Guest boots

YAHOOO........We were assigned our Case Officer....:biggrin:

Everything is met bar our medicals (booked yesterday for the Mater and nearest date they had 21/7) and sent off police clearances yesterday!

Guest SusieOR

Check out... http://www.garda.ie/controller.aspx?Page=1548

This has a link on it to the Stations you can go to get your Police Clearance Certs!!! Note... not all stations know what you are talking about!!! I had to explain to my station in Baltinglass & the Garda had to go out to the back office to speak to someone else about them...

Also... mine was done & sent to me in just 1 1/2 weeks so it was very quick!!!

Hi All

Hi thanks for this info, we were advised to wait to book in for medicals until we got a case officer, we lodged our 176 on 01/06/2011, our agent said we should get assigned a co within the next few weeks. Im thinking now we may as well go ahead with the medicals with that wait time.

Do you know how long the results take to come through. I have read on other pages that they can mail the results direct to the case officer but from ireland it can take up to 4 weeks. I cant find where I read that now...typical...

We are a family of 5 and really hoping to get over by september. My head is all over the place. my kids are getting their booklists and fee's are now due for tracksuits etc for sept. I wish I knew when we will get it, havnt told the school we might not be here in sept...

Guest waltzing maltida

Hi

Thanks everyone for the garda check info.

Medicals; I think it depends whether the medicals are referred or not but if all is ok and you are doing online application they upload them there, and then wait on the blood tests so it only should take a day or two! i think!!!

I will wait until next week and get my police certs... Just waiting on a case officer now and hoping that i have uploaded all the docs they need! Also starting to stress over our medicals!!! I just keep thinking of the beach......

Guest SusieOR

We had meds done this week at the Mater...

Book them as soon as you can... there is a long waiting list for appointments... chances are by the time you get to do your meds you will have been assigned a CO... & they give you a month to get resilts & police certs back to them!!! Although I think they can be flexible as long as you let them know!!!

If you are registered on ehealth, your results can be uploaded as soon as they are done/through. If not, they wait for your blood results to come back (they said about 1 week) & then sent them registered post...

1 of my daughters was on ehealth & hers were finalised in 2 days... ours werent so are being posted!!!

Sx

Guest Mossylawlor

im moving to Australia in september,prefferably to Perth and I was just wondering whats the job scene like over in Oz??Are jobs easy to come by?? Im not qualified at anything and im just looking for a job mainly on construction.

Guest murph33
Hi thanks for this info, we were advised to wait to book in for medicals until we got a case officer, we lodged our 176 on 01/06/2011, our agent said we should get assigned a co within the next few weeks. Im thinking now we may as well go ahead with the medicals with that wait time.

Do you know how long the results take to come through. I have read on other pages that they can mail the results direct to the case officer but from ireland it can take up to 4 weeks. I cant find where I read that now...typical...

We are a family of 5 and really hoping to get over by september. My head is all over the place. my kids are getting their booklists and fee's are now due for tracksuits etc for sept. I wish I knew when we will get it, havnt told the school we might not be here in sept...

We are in the same position as far as school goes. Our Agent finally lodged out 457 application yesterday after 3mts but have no idea how long it will take to come through and dont want to go and get books and uniforms if they wont need them. Am hoping it wont take too long ...

Guest Crosby Family

Hi we're from Kilkenny. Visa lodged 15 June. heading to Perth hopefully.Need info on shipping companys our if anyone has received any quotes would be great.

Thanks Muriel

Guest allieanddermo
Hi we're from Kilkenny. Visa lodged 15 June. heading to Perth hopefully.Need info on shipping companys our if anyone has received any quotes would be great.

Thanks Muriel

Hi Muriel,

Best quote we got is from Careline Dublin to brisbane.. €3k

Goodluck with it all..

Allie

Guest carrick2

hi crosby clan...we had crown relocation up from their dublin office and they quoted us 7.5k(for a 20ft container),were as mcgimpseys from newtownards were 4250 but dropped to 3950 to match pickfords quote,so far we're goin with mcgimpseys,as i'd rather give the business to a local firm....

Guest SusieOR
hello to the irish, ma 14 year auld boy is playing in the foyle cup in london derry? just want te know how far is derry fae belfast please and best way to get te derry fae aberdeen ? thanks stevie:notworthy:

Hey Stevie... please dont think us rude not replying... :biggrin: I live in ROI so wouldnt be 100% but you can get from one side of Ireland to the other in a few hours & both Belfast & Londonderry are fairly close to each other... I dont think it would take too long!!!

Check out http://www2.aaireland.ie/routes_beta/

Good Luck to your son... Sx

Hey Stevie... please dont think us rude not replying... :biggrin: I live in ROI so wouldnt be 100% but you can get from one side of Ireland to the other in a few hours & both Belfast & Londonderry are fairly close to each other... I dont think it would take too long!!!

Check out http://www2.aaireland.ie/routes_beta/

Good Luck to your son... Sx

Thanks for your reply susie:hug:stevie

it would take about 1hrs drive from belfast to L'Derry, you can fly into Derry airprot too but not sure how available it is from aberdeen. it is a straight raod near all the way too.

chris

hello to the irish, ma 14 year auld boy is playing in the foyle cup in london derry? just want te know how far is derry fae belfast please and best way to get te derry fae aberdeen ? thanks stevie:notworthy:

Guest sinead

Morning all.. Well i have my tickets booked for the 13th August.. Just looking into travel insurance.. Who are use all goin with? can you get insurance just one way?? how does that work? ive only ever gone with multi-trip.com for me holidays!!!

Guest jemmajol

Update: we finally arrived 18th April, have settled in Mornington, vic . Boys 13and 10 have settled into their new schools and never been happier! It's pricey here, but were all adjusting slowly , our container arrives in 9 days! Maybe then it ll hit us that this is permanent. Still have property in co longford for sale. Please god let it sell soon!!!!! It's winter here but a fab 17 deg today . Good luck to you all with your moves . Happy yo answer any questions - even though it's all fairly new to us !

Guest SusieOR
Morning all.. Well i have my tickets booked for the 13th August.. Just looking into travel insurance.. Who are use all goin with? can you get insurance just one way?? how does that work? ive only ever gone with multi-trip.com for me holidays!!!

Wow... Sinead... Good Luck!

No idea who we will use, have also used multi-trip previously!!!

Best Wishes Susie

Guest SusieOR
Update: we finally arrived 18th April, have settled in Mornington, vic . Boys 13and 10 have settled into their new schools and never been happier! It's pricey here, but were all adjusting slowly , our container arrives in 9 days! Maybe then it ll hit us that this is permanent. Still have property in co longford for sale. Please god let it sell soon!!!!! It's winter here but a fab 17 deg today . Good luck to you all with your moves . Happy yo answer any questions - even though it's all fairly new to us !

Fantastic... love these kind of undates... makes me excited for when we eventually make our move!!!

Best wishes guys... lots of luck with settling in... Sx

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update from us, well we have been here nearly a month now and have to say we all love it. The kids started school last week and are having a ball my 12 year old is well impressed her school tour is to Brisbane and the Gold Coast for 5 days I think that beats A day trip to Dublin Zoo.

We're a 30 min drive outside Coffs Harbour in a place called Corindi Beach its really lovely, we're 2 min's to the beach and 2 min's to the pub what more could you ask for

It would remind you of a small holiday town in Ireland about 20 years ago, Bettiestown for example or Rush. There's a shop a post office a pub a caravan park and i'd say maybe 200 houses.

Only down side so far is its a little isolated the nearest decent supermarket is 20k away I went shopping today and it cost me $200 and i'll probably end up spending another 50 or 60 so it is more expensive I suppose it just a matter of getting used to what to buy.

Best of luck to everyone X.

Guest SusieOR
Hi Guys,

Just a quick update from us, well we have been here nearly a month now and have to say we all love it. The kids started school last week and are having a ball my 12 year old is well impressed her school tour is to Brisbane and the Gold Coast for 5 days I think that beats A day trip to Dublin Zoo.

We're a 30 min drive outside Coffs Harbour in a place called Corindi Beach its really lovely, we're 2 min's to the beach and 2 min's to the pub what more could you ask for

It would remind you of a small holiday town in Ireland about 20 years ago, Bettiestown for example or Rush. There's a shop a post office a pub a caravan park and i'd say maybe 200 houses.

Only down side so far is its a little isolated the nearest decent supermarket is 20k away I went shopping today and it cost me $200 and i'll probably end up spending another 50 or 60 so it is more expensive I suppose it just a matter of getting used to what to buy.

Best of luck to everyone X.

Wow guys... fab to hear from you... & so glad you are getting on well in your "new place"...

Take care & good luck to you too... Sx

Hi All,

Just wanted to remind you to claim back your tax whenever you get your P45. You need to download a form from the revenue website - it's called claiming tax back during unemployment and has a section for leaving the country. You'll get a lovely surprise, I did....got back about 90% of the tax I'd paid up to June (mind you I've spent most of it now on clothes, shoes, cosmetics. Now need to keep the rest for excess baggage)

Archived