Is there any irish thread???

Guest sinead

Thank guys, will try Liz OHagan again tomorrow.

Do ye mind me asking how much your visa's cost and if I apply for the 176 visa is there a long processing time, Visa First say over a year! And the costs they quoted us were... alot. Didnt expect it to be so much... :swoon: Apologies, the most I read up on all this, the more confused I get. Plus a 12 hour shift doesn't help, need sleep. Tomorrow another day. zzzzzzzzz

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi if your case is straight forward its easy enough to do yourself, you will need to do a bit of research but its worth the effort as the agents charge a rather large fee. A rough outline of costs are State sponsorship usually around $300 depending on the state some states are free. Visa application fee $2960 then you will have your English exam ( i think that's about €300ish), your trade recognition costs and your medicals. Thats about it. Here a link for DIAC all the info is on the web site http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/professionals-outside-australia.htm.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/visa-options.htm Best of luck with it whatever you decided to do.

Guest celticboy39

Hi vindee....our costs for our state sponsered 176 visa were as follows; vetassess 1800 euro...state sponsership with south oz was free..on-line visa application 1900 euro..medicals..970 euro and one consultation with Liz o hagan was 95 euro,plus 2 couriers by DHL of 65 euro each!! Making it a grand total of 4895 euro...not cheap but hey its a whole new life!!!!

Hi,

Just a word of advice regarding shipping company's. This is our story so far, The shipping company we used were not the cheapest but I found the sales lady very nice and professional (OR SO I THOUGHT) Our goods were wrapped up and taken out of our house mid may with the promise they would arrive at my door in oz by mid to late July. We were told in no uncertain terms 6 to 10 weeks door to door, its now been 13 weeks and counting.

Once I paid the fee we had no communication from the shipping company, nothing at all. I never received a receipt nor did I receive an insurance policy, thought I should as I paid over €500 for one. No one called to tell me when the container left,what ship it was on or when it would land.

As far as I was concerned my container was going to land in Brisbane as its much closer and thats what I was lead to believe, but when I rang them to see what was going on (4 weeks later) I was told it was in a container with lots of other shipments heading to Sydney and it was due to arrive on the 13th of july.

The 13th of July came and went and I heard nothing so I called the company dealing with it here in OZ and was told to wait until I revived an e mail telling me when the container will arrive in other words I was being told not to bother them. So ignoring that I called again and was told the container was delayed and would be in by the 20th of July. You guessed it, that came and went, again nothing so I was on the phone again and this time told the 27th of July, so on the 27th of July I received an e mail telling me I owed them $480 for a customs inspection fee, the shipping company in Ireland told me it would be $250 I made sure to ask about this charge on many different occasions as I didn't want to be hit with a big bill and was assured it wouldn't be much more in her words it will be aprox $250.

So at this stage i'm really p#/*&ed off and decide to e mail the company in Ireland and inform them how badly i'v been treated and to ask were my receipt is and why i'm being asked to pay nearly 50% more than I was quoted for the inspection fee. Sorry I ment to add the container hadn't even landed yet it didn't arrive till the 30th of July so needless to say I was wondering where or how they were getting this figure from.

They e mailed me back the next day saying they would look into it ASAP, two weeks passed and I heard nothing in the mean time my good's were due to be delivered on Wednesday the 3rd of august Brilliant I was delighted hubbie booked the day off work so as to be here when it arrived. Then late on the Monday before I revived a call telling me the van that was booked to take our good had mechanical trouble and couldn't do it.AHHHHHHH............:arghh:

So again I e mailed the company in Ireland and this time let rip I still haven't received a reply the customer service is just awful awful awful I'v never been treated so badly its appalling I definitely could not recommend them at all their just terrible a joke.

I still haven't received my good's I'm sick to death of it, its just a joke i'm calling every day only to be told sorry I have no one to take it to you, we're waiting on the company to get back to us, ever day i'm told i'll ring you back later and she never does I was told today it could be 2 more weeks I am getting nowhere its costing me a fortune. We are in an unfurnished rental and have been for over 6 weeks my children are sleeping on the floor my husband need's his tools for work I ended up having to go out and buy loads of stuff and the laundry situation is a joke. I just don't know what else I can do

Sorry I no I'm going on and on but really all i'm saying is be very careful about who you use as I said I can defiantly not recommend them, they lied about the charges the $250 is clearly printed on my quote and as far as the customer service goes, all they are interested in is the money soon as they have it your on your own.

If you look back at my posts you can see who they are or you can PM me and i'll tell you.

Name & shame them, so others planning to use them and google before commiting can make an informed decision.

Do ye mind me asking how much your visa's cost and if I apply for the 176 visa is there a long processing time, Visa First say over a year! And the costs they quoted us were... alot. Didnt expect it to be so much... :swoon: Apologies, the most I read up on all this, the more confused I get. Plus a 12 hour shift doesn't help, need sleep. Tomorrow another day. zzzzzzzzz

Hi there,

I used Visa First and it cost me round 5500 euro including medicals for family of three.Its a lot but if your busy working and with a kid they do sort it out even if you have to provide them with all the correct info.They told me it could take over a year but only took a few month after.

Good luck with it anyways.

Hi there,

I used Visa First and it cost me round 5500 euro including medicals for family of three.Its a lot but if your busy working and with a kid they do sort it out even if you have to provide them with all the correct info.They told me it could take over a year but only took a few month after.

Good luck with it anyways.

Guest Jonny Andy

Hi Vindee,

We used VisaFirst as well, €5900 in total for family of four inc medicals €720, took nearly 24 months but the WA side sut down the process for nearly six months! but may be thats because I was self employed and that adds a lot of extra paperwork, rev, references etc etc.

Can't fault their service, just need patience.

Thanks Ditch,

Our quotes were a little higher, then again... for myself, DH and 2 kids. Didnt realise that might include Medicals etc. I persume those figures are for the cost all-in??? Visa, Assessor, the whole process, and medicals etc. Is the ielts exam, extra???

We have been trying to get an assessor/advisor (Liz O'Hagan), but she is on ML, and her staff are up to their eyes and referred us onto John (in England), hoping to hear back from him soon, which we are unsure of using just yet...It sure is a costly process, how we're goin to pay for it all is another thing... Im sure (in drib & drabs) we'll get it together, eventually.

Congrats btw on getting your Visa, when are ye all goin over?

Thanks also to Jonny Andy,

24 months!!! Christ, hoping we wont have the same wait. Don't think we can tolerate another 2 years of getting shaffted, and just supposed to except it...

Also ye guys might share ye info regards schooling for ye're children. Public or private, cost either way? Also telling them about the big move, and their reaction about leaving... my younger (almost 3 year old) son wont know any difference as such, but I tormenting myself over my almost 6 year old boy...

Thanks for the info, much appreciated

Dee

Guest cazperth
Hi everyone.

A newbie here, hoping to join ye. Myself and DH and 2 young boys hoping to make the big move to Perth. Only starting process at the moment. The whole visa applications (lodging & granting) seems to be getting quicker, am I right? We are hoping to get over in the new year of 2012, as kids start school term in February in Perth.

We rather, and like, the North suburbs of Perth, have friends in Butler and a cousin in the city, and Im sure alot others we would actually know over there. We like Joondalup, Currambine, Quinns etc.

Been trying to contact Liz O'Hagan, but read in different forums she might be off on maternity leave. Any other assessors recommended here? Would it be possible to do the process ourselves? Or would that be delaying it up?

Heading to Perth ourselves n Jan 2012 - keep in touch

Guest Crosby Family
Thanks Ditch,

Our quotes were a little higher, then again... for myself, DH and 2 kids. Didnt realise that might include Medicals etc. I persume those figures are for the cost all-in??? Visa, Assessor, the whole process, and medicals etc. Is the ielts exam, extra???

We have been trying to get an assessor/advisor (Liz O'Hagan), but she is on ML, and her staff are up to their eyes and referred us onto John (in England), hoping to hear back from him soon, which we are unsure of using just yet...It sure is a costly process, how we're goin to pay for it all is another thing... Im sure (in drib & drabs) we'll get it together, eventually.

24 months!!! Christ, hoping we wont have the same wait. Don't think we can tolerate another 2 years of getting shaffted, and just supposed to except it...

Also ye guys might share ye info regards schooling for ye're children. Public or private, cost either way? Also telling them about the big move, and their reaction about leaving... my younger (almost 3 year old) son wont know any difference as such, but I tormenting myself over my almost 6 year old boy...

Dee

Hi ya,

I used amvl started visa on the 14 feb, skills ass, then TRA and finally ss. give Katherin a call on 045 868322. everything went very fast but you have to put some time in yourself and get it right.

M

Thanks Ditch,

Dee

Hi Dee,

The medicals are extra ,620 quid for 2 adults and 1child.Its a pure money racket but thats just another reason to get out of here.Australia is gonna be no better but hey hopefully there be some sun.Derek:biggrin:

I definitely think that it is very do-able to lodge the application by yourself. The immi website has to be your new bible but it would save a fortune. We are going through an agent and the fees are very high, considering that you actually still have to get everything sorted yourself anyway! I feel like half of the time I'm paying them to let me do their job!!! HOWEVER - I am not sorry that we used an agent (if application is successful I will then justify the use of an agent) because since we started the process in May, the rules have changed four times for our category of visa, assessment and only last week medicals. Without an agent informing you of the constant changes, it could be very easy to overlook something and ruin the application. Rant over!

Guest hannash
Well Careline are supposedly coming today to collect our stuff..

still waiting for them to arrive and its 10.30 already

flights booked to Brisbane for myself and kids and hubby

following august 1st..

All happening now.

good luck to everyone with their move..

Allie

x

hey dermo can i ask did you price around for shippers other than careline ,we got a price of them and they are buy for the most expensive:unsure:

Guest hannash
I definitely think that it is very do-able to lodge the application by yourself. The immi website has to be your new bible but it would save a fortune. We are going through an agent and the fees are very high, considering that you actually still have to get everything sorted yourself anyway! I feel like half of the time I'm paying them to let me do their job!!! HOWEVER - I am not sorry that we used an agent (if application is successful I will then justify the use of an agent) because since we started the process in May, the rules have changed four times for our category of visa, assessment and only last week medicals. Without an agent informing you of the constant changes, it could be very easy to overlook something and ruin the application. Rant over!

hey nicoleeire,where use thinking of going has your philip had much luck finding building work or has he started looking yet,

Hi everyone, thanks to all who answered any of my questions.

We are at the moment waiting to see agent(s), which is proving to be a chore in itself. Hopefully within the next week we will get the ball rolling. We have decided to go with an agent, as like it has been said before the new rules and regulations could prove to be tricky, and if we screwed up it would turn out more costly. We are going to a expo in the beginning if we're still in limbo, hoping that will shed some more light on all of this for us.

We're just dying to get started... Its all goin to cost a fortune, where the funds are going to appear is anyones guess, but we're doin a bit so saving is going to be the long process.

Thanks Dx

Guest hannash
Hi there,

We're heading to Melbourne. Philip is actually being sponsored by a bricklaying company... How about yourselves?

Nicole

were,head in to brisbane but hearing tonnes of stuff about work slowing way down, considering just validating now but it will cost a fortune, as long as they are garanteeing him work thats dead on ,is he still working here as a bricklayer or what

Guest blackwater

Hi All,

I have this post in Dilemas but I thought I would put it up here as some other Irish might be able to help. I'm sorry if it's the wrong place, I'm not great on forums. :embarrassed:

This is something I should have sorted by now but even though we are going in Jan and begining to pack up etc we still have not finalised a location.

We currently live in a small village in Meath with my kids 10 and 12 (almost 13) going to the local primary school. Primarily I want to be in a nice area with nice schools and close to amenities. I don't mind if I am 30/40min drive from the beach it's the schools that I am more worried about. i don't want a huge culture shock for them with huge schools.

I am doing so much research but am at the stage where I know so much I actually know nothing :sad: Any help and information would be so greatfully welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

D

Guest Crosby Family
Hi All,

I have this post in Dilemas but I thought I would put it up here as some other Irish might be able to help. I'm sorry if it's the wrong place, I'm not great on forums. :embarrassed:

This is something I should have sorted by now but even though we are going in Jan and begining to pack up etc we still have not finalised a location.

We currently live in a small village in Meath with my kids 10 and 12 (almost 13) going to the local primary school. Primarily I want to be in a nice area with nice schools and close to amenities. I don't mind if I am 30/40min drive from the beach it's the schools that I am more worried about. i don't want a huge culture shock for them with huge schools.

I am doing so much research but am at the stage where I know so much I actually know nothing :sad: Any help and information would be so greatfully welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

D

Hi D,

If you go onto Irish people Perth bound there is plenty of info on Schools and Areas, you may have to start at the begining do as im nt sure what page,

Good Luck

Muriel

Hi All,

Thanks in advance,

D

Hi D,

Have you tried Noosa think its about half way between brisbane and fraiser island i think.I stayed there on my travels 7 years ago.Seemed like a nice easygoing place and near all the amenities you could want!Just a thought..Derek.:idea:

Guest celticboy39

Hi everyone...been a few weeks since ive been on!! We are offically homeless..lol..moved out of the house on aug 31st and all our furniture etc was shipped on sep 1st so its somewhere on the ocean at the moment,we have been given oct 25th as its arrival date in adelaide port...kinda pushing it since we dont fly till oct 14th and stopping off in hong-kong on the way for a little holiday!! We are living everywhere at the moment literaly out of our bags,staying wit my sister in kilkenny most of time but in Dublin at de moment for 2 weeks in a gorgeous pent-house apt while friends of ours are away in miami....lol...its great since hubby is still working!! So he can get de train into work and i can drive back to celbridge to se my friends,daughter is finding it tough cos she should be in play-school wit her little pals but couldn send her:-(...we only have less than 4 weeks to go now before we fly to oz so count down is on and good-byes getting harder!!!!

Guest Crosby Family
Hi everyone...been a few weeks since ive been on!! We are offically homeless..lol..moved out of the house on aug 31st and all our furniture etc was shipped on sep 1st so its somewhere on the ocean at the moment,we have been given oct 25th as its arrival date in adelaide port...kinda pushing it since we dont fly till oct 14th and stopping off in hong-kong on the way for a little holiday!! We are living everywhere at the moment literaly out of our bags,staying wit my sister in kilkenny most of time but in Dublin at de moment for 2 weeks in a gorgeous pent-house apt while friends of ours are away in miami....lol...its great since hubby is still working!! So he can get de train into work and i can drive back to celbridge to se my friends,daughter is finding it tough cos she should be in play-school wit her little pals but couldn send her:-(...we only have less than 4 weeks to go now before we fly to oz so count down is on and good-byes getting harder!!!!

Hi Ya,

Know exactly how you are feeling we leave in under 3 weeks flight booked for 6 Oct bit crazy at the mo with packing etc, container arrives next friday:arghh:We live in Kilkenny also, but id say the penthouse is sooooooo much better.

Muriel

Guest celticboy39

Lol....penthouse is fantastic but we have to move out and back to kilkenny this weekend,jus gonna be tough cos hubby works in dublin,he will have a lot of driving to do lol...finally booked our flights yesturday and we offically fly on thurs 13th oct and decided not to do hong-kong but to fly straight to sydney and have a week there wit really good friends of mine before we fly to our new home in Adelaide:biggrin::biggrin:.....somebody asked about shipping companies,we used AMC removals who were fantastic,if it moved it was wrapped lol...very professinal and all the lads (5 in total) couldn have been nicer or taken better care of our belongings,we paid 5,290 for a 20 ft container,not cheap but its our entire home sent over and wat wit such a huge move i wanted everything we owned wit us to make our move a little easier :smile:....its been a stressfull 7 mths since we started the whole process,we did it all ourselves and glad we did cos it was worth every headache and every fight we had...now all we have to get over is the very tearful..emotional...good-byes to all our family:sad:

Lol....penthouse is fantastic but we have to move out and back to kilkenny this weekend,jus gonna be tough cos hubby works in dublin,he will have a lot of driving to do lol...finally booked our flights yesturday and we offically fly on thurs 13th oct and decided not to do hong-kong but to fly straight to sydney and have a week there wit really good friends of mine before we fly to our new home in Adelaide:biggrin::biggrin:.....somebody asked about shipping companies,we used AMC removals who were fantastic,if it moved it was wrapped lol...very professinal and all the lads (5 in total) couldn have been nicer or taken better care of our belongings,we paid 5,290 for a 20 ft container,not cheap but its our entire home sent over and wat wit such a huge move i wanted everything we owned wit us to make our move a little easier :smile:....its been a stressfull 7 mths since we started the whole process,we did it all ourselves and glad we did cos it was worth every headache and every fight we had...now all we have to get over is the very tearful..emotional...good-byes to all our family:sad:

Well done u guy,s... its a hard process like u say but all worth the stress ect in the end... can i ask what visa you are going on we,re at the v start of the long process..... Thanx Linda:jiggy:

Archived