Lets all reintroduce ourselves.

mr luvpants

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

My name's Ben, 28 and my OH is Verity, 31. We live in South East UK with our dog Alfie. We joined PIO just last month as a recent find following our start of our journey to emigrating.

I'm a police officer and Verity is a Chef/ Catering manager and we are hoping to move to WA in the not too distant future (pending the DIAC sorting themselves out!).

Following our visit to Perth in March/ April this year, we more eager than ever to get our visa through and begin our new life as we are getting married in 5 Months and plan to start a family!

I'm Jayne and 38 OH is 40. I moved to Coldstream, Vic aged 2 in 1974 and returned to Oldham; UK in 1987.

It took a long time to get back...

In 2008 we applied for the visa. We had a lot against us, OH had been a very naughty youth, I didn't know if I had returned enough for the Former Resident Visa it was a worrying time.

In March 2009 we got the visa. :jiggy:

Because we had front-loaded PCC and Medicals we had until 1.10.2009 to validate.

Amazingly sold the house in a month and arrived on 19th September 2009.

Living on the Mornington Peninsula and loving it :yes:

All good things come to those who wait and believe me - I've done my waiting!!!!!!

Well given that my sister-in-law's called Alexandra, but prefers 'Ali' ?? I'm all confused now, are you telling me she's lying and she must really have been christened 'Alison':goofy:

no not at all !!!!!!!!!! i reckon that her parents didn't want to know what sex the baby was going to be when they had the scan, they thought of two names, one boys and one girls then combined them so they had both in the end..... Alex....Andrea ....lmbo:biglaugh:

Hi! We are Donna (finance manager in a childrens centre) and Dan (granite mason/plumber/gas fitter). We have 2 of our children coming to Oz with us - Lucy (21) hairdresser and Sean (17) apprentice gym instructor. Sean will join us at the end of his apprenticeship.

We honeymooned in Perth in September 2008, staying with friends and loved it enough to want to live there!

Had a bumpy visa ride (like most folk!) and were refused twice by the TRA and finally approved by Vetasses. We were devastated by the 23rd September changes (announced the day after our requested medicals were completed) and are eternally grateful to the fab 5 and Gill without who we are sure that we would still be stuck in limbo.

We are off to validate on 28th June for a month (we cant sell our house) and are looking forward to making the final one way flight as soon as possible when the house sells - Dan has already had a job offer.

Thanks John for starting this thread:cute:

Donna x

no not at all !!!!!!!!!! i reckon that her parents didn't want to know what sex the baby was going to be when they had the scan, they thought of two names, one boys and one girls then combined them so they had both in the end..... Alex....Andrea ....lmbo:biglaugh:

I can see now you have necked my coopers ,stick to the barefoot mate , lol

Guest guest17301
I can see now you have necked my coopers ,stick to the barefoot mate , lol

I see Nic has let you out again Mal...careful you don't want to get 'grounded' again:biglaugh:

Naughty boy:wideeyed:

why the sunnies today mally, you hiding the black eye mad cow gave ya still :biglaugh:

Are you sure they wer not coopers vintage thas supped , just had a file to all the knives to make them blunt and safe for her to use

Guest thebeatties

Hi all,

we are John(45) Civil Engineer, Katrina(45)Nurse, our 4 daughters Clara(15), Anna(13), Louisa(10) and Freya(8), we applied for a 176 visa and got it within 2 months, then applied for several jobs, now heading over in about 1 month to Perth( Dont know where yet) to start a great new job. See you soon in Perth.

Mally , old fart with Nic (Mad Cow) been over 2 and a half ish years , reason we came tyoo much beer at the quiz nite in the local one tuesday in sept , 457 granted in the dec, here in feb 2008 on oh as a nurse , ens 856 lodged dec 5th 2008 granted Dec 11th. had a ball and chain built (house) inBrighton ,lifes life work same play time a lot better, made great friends even the BRUMMIE beer tea leaf (yam yam ) lmao

Hello,

Myself, Steve 41(Cisco networks manager), Wife Cath 49 (Scrub nurse) and 8 year old daughter Maddie, joined PIO 18 months ago. Cath was offered a job in Jan 09 (work sponsored 457 for 4 years) and we have been jumping through the visa and nursing reg hoops ever since.

We finally have end game with a new start date for her post in Aug and flights booked for the 28-7-10 and temporary accommodation booked for our first 6 weeks in Sans Souci :)

We will be moving from the rainy Welsh borders in Shropshire to live in south Sydney but not 100% sure where until we have had a month to explore.

We have been advised Caths employer will sponsor PR after 2 years but are taking things a day at a time.

Were all looking forward to a warmer climate and the big adventure !!!! what’s the worst thing that can happen ;)

Steve, Cath and Maddie

Mally , old fart with Nic (Mad Cow) been over 2 and a half ish years , reason we came tyoo much beer at the quiz nite in the local one tuesday in sept , 457 granted in the dec, here in feb 2008 on oh as a nurse , ens 856 lodged dec 5th 2008 granted Dec 11th. had a ball and chain built (house) inBrighton ,lifes life work same play time a lot better, made great friends even the BRUMMIE beer tea leaf (yam yam ) lmao

didn't know there were any brummies round our way mally :policeman:

Hi All,

I'm Lisa (22 from Brum) partner, Ian (25 from Milton Keynes). We arrived in Sydney in October 2008 on WHV's, we picked apples for three very,very long months to get our second WHV's! We currently have a 457 application in for Ian as an electronic equipment tradesperson. I work in the Administration/Customer Service industry. Currently living back in Sydney at the moment hoping to hear from DIAC soon!

Great idea for a thread btw!

Guest Paul in UK

I'm Paul (41), married to an Auzzie, kids have Auzzie passports (7&4). New to PIO.

Applied in April 10 for a visa (309/100) and now waiting. I'm currently in the Army and due to leave in August so hopefully everything will coinside.

Heading to the Central Coast where the rest of my wifes parents are.

Guest Spindy

Married Couple aged 39, two little girls (7&9) OH is IT self employed contractor so hoping his skills will be on the new SOL list...fingers crossed everyone. We have signed up with Peter from PTlabs about a month ago to help us as OH needs to fill in an RPL which is a lot of work.

We are hoping to get a 176 family sponsored skilled visa and move to melbourne where my aunt, uncle and cousins live.

We have a lovely life, easy life actually. I work part time as fitness instructor was full time but switched to part time as love being at home with the kids (my most important job being a mummy).

OH has worked from home for 8 years!! He is getting cabin fever. We got a lovely home etc. We have thought of moving to OZ for over a decade...now the time feels right ( must be that big 40 coming up). We are not escaping the UK nothing to run from...just out on an adventure : ))

Hi all,

I'm Nicola (38) nurse married to Mark (40) painter & decorator. We have two children, Mark Jnr (21) & Emma (18) please don't do the math.

Hoping to be downunder one day.

Hoping the kids will come with us.

Applying for permanent residency and are currently in the middle of skills assessment, just waiting IELTS results.

Hoping to be able to do our validation trip next April and meet up with old friends.

Hoping to find the 5 points we have lost.

Looking forward to the journey.

Cheers for listening

Hi all,

Love this thread, well we are me Maria 37, Thomas my husband 36, Rachel 11, Jessica 9, and Gavin 3. Myself and Thomas meet in 1991 and were married in 97. Thomas is an electrician, and at the moment I'm a stay at home mum but i was a driving instructor.

We have a nice house in Dublin and have a good life, but oz is calling in a big way mostly for the children as i think oz will give them a better life.

Thomas was made redundant in November after working in the same company for the last 18 years but thankfully just secured a new temporary position yippee:jiggy:

We lodged our visa application last Friday i haven't been able to calm down since.

Beat of luck everyone.

Maria.

Hello, I am Pam and husband is John. We have two girls, both married, eldest living in Sydney for 5? years, youngest lives about 200yards away from us here in Wiltshire and has our first grandchld.

I would give anything for whole family to be together again, and having seen eldests life in Sydney on four separate occasions, can only see the better life we (all of us!) could have there.

I am about to go to Sydney again in September to see my first grandson! and to celebrate my 60th birthday. Pretty sure that I won't want to come back again, except for my youngest daughter and her family still here.

We all visited in Jan/Feb this year, with a view (in my mind) to look at jobs and possible visa applications all going off. Sadly, the weather was soooo hot and humid for the three weeks we were in Sydney and Melbourne, that youngest and her hubbie said a definite "no"

It was on this holiday that I heard I was to be a Grandma again.

So, I am to have two grandchildren and they will be on opposite sides of the world.

This wasn't so much an introduction, as a good old moan.! Sorry, sorry sorry.

My troubles are minute compared to those of you with young families going through the whole visa fiasco. I feel for you all.

ps Mr Luvpants, youngest daughter here is serving police officer and is the main breadwinner in their house. She will be interested to see how you get on. I will follow your progress with interest!

Pam

Archived