ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

hi white

u dont hav to go to Australian High Commission but do one thing go to airport one day bfore you fly, just to confirm that NZ immigration wil not stop you

(can u fly to NZ without visa?) if yes then everything is fine.u can come back any time after DIAC grant u visa

We can go to NZ without visas as they have an agreement with the UK

We are thinking of going to Fiji though as it is cheaper and we can have a 5 day holiday. Just didnt want to have to trek from Nadi to Suva which is a 2 1/2 hour drive if we didnt need to. Not sure if we need visas for Fiji

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Deedeemk
Think we just set a world record on fastest processing time...... Had resigned ourselves that would be through well after xmas after reading some on your stories but heres my timeline....... there is hope, think its just a case of who's desk it lands on.

457 since Feb 2009. Employer Nomination for 856 Onshore approved August 2011. Medicals carried out onshore and Police checks received back Oct. 2011.

Submitted DRC Application to DIAC Parramatta via Migration Agent 2nd November, Acknowledgement letter confirming DRC received 4th November, Approval Received and 856 Visa Granted 15th November 2011.

Woooo Hooooo. Still in shock!!!!!

Nomination and visa application submitted on 31/10/11. Nomination acknowledgement received on 8/11/11. Visa application acknowledgement received on 15/11/11. No word from anyone after this. Medicals done on 5/12/11. 856 Visa granted on 20/12/11. It's amazing.. its like LESS THAN TWO MONTHS!!! (31/10/11 - 20/12/11)

Good luck all!!!!!!

Nomination and visa application submitted on 31/10/11. Nomination acknowledgement received on 8/11/11. Visa application acknowledgement received on 15/11/11. No word from anyone after this. Medicals done on 5/12/11. 856 Visa granted on 20/12/11. It's amazing.. its like LESS THAN TWO MONTHS!!! (31/10/11 - 20/12/11)

Good luck all!!!!!!

Congratulations!!! This must have been decision ready?

Guest Deedeemk
Think we just set a world record on fastest processing time...... Had resigned ourselves that would be through well after xmas after reading some on your stories but heres my timeline....... there is hope, think its just a case of who's desk it lands on.

457 since Feb 2009. Employer Nomination for 856 Onshore approved August 2011. Medicals carried out onshore and Police checks received back Oct. 2011.

Submitted DRC Application to DIAC Parramatta via Migration Agent 2nd November, Acknowledgement letter confirming DRC received 4th November, Approval Received and 856 Visa Granted 15th November 2011.

Woooo Hooooo. Still in shock!!!!!

Sounds like my story. Nomination and visa application submited on 31/10/11. Nomination acknowledged on 8/11/11. Visa application acknowledged on 15/11/11. No word from anyone after this. Medicals done on 5/12/11. 856 Visa granted on 20/12/11. IT'S LIKE IN LESS THAN TWO MONTHS. Good luck all.

We can go to NZ without visas as they have an agreement with the UK

We are thinking of going to Fiji though as it is cheaper and we can have a 5 day holiday. Just didnt want to have to trek from Nadi to Suva which is a 2 1/2 hour drive if we didnt need to. Not sure if we need visas for Fiji

good i came from fiji today

i know i went to suva just to ask them and they said no

u dont need a visa for fiji ,they will give 4months tourist visa when u go to arrive at airport

and one more thing fiji immigration says that u hav to pay $76 for visa on arrivel but they dont actually charge it

ask me if want any travel tips for fiji as i was there for 5days

good luck

Guest mikewheble

Fantastic, well done The Whites...enjoy NZ and let us know how you get on in NZ as I'll have to do the trip in January (hopefully)

Have a great Chrsitmas

Regards

Mike

Got our pre-grant letter this morning. Looks like a small trip to New Zealand is on the cards for Jan 1

:biggrin:

Guest lilimary

So much for thinking Immigration work would slow down before Xmas. If anything, it looks like they have sped up things!!

I am still so high from having my nomination approved and visa pending our marriage certificate....!! :)

Just can't believe they have agreed to wait for us to wed when they did not have to. Thanks thanks thanks Immi!

Quick update from me,

Had a nightmare due to not providing my relevant licence, CO has been helpful so far whilst I waited for the ARTC from TRA. Found out this morning TRA have rejected my ARTC. Meaning no license! At the moment its looking like my 856 is going to be declined unless the CO agrees to put it on the backburner until I complete the RPL gap training to obtain my licence. He has said he will leave it for now and look at it again end of Jan. Fingers crossed or this could all have been for nothing!!

Rick

Guest lilimary
unless the CO agrees to put it on the backburner until I complete the RPL gap training to obtain my licence.

How long will it take Rick? They gave me 28 days before looking at my application again...

Guest mikewheble

Well done Lilmary, enjoy Christmas

Regards

Mike

So much for thinking Immigration work would slow down before Xmas. If anything, it looks like they have sped up things!!

I am still so high from having my nomination approved and visa pending our marriage certificate....!! :)

Just can't believe they have agreed to wait for us to wed when they did not have to. Thanks thanks thanks Immi!

Immigration are certainly knocking out the visas. Contrary to expectation Melbourne COE is actually working two days next week so more dreams could come true.

We have booked a 5 day break to Fiji leaving on Jan 2, returning as PR on Sat 7. What. Great start to the New Year!!

Guest scottmeister007

Melbourne must be working overtime??! We've been assigned a Christmas Case Officer - yippee! Just asking us to get registration to teach in NT first (cheers M. Breen agent - something else you didn't tell us about?!)

How long will it take Rick? They gave me 28 days before looking at my application again...

I can do the course in 2 months apparently so not looking good to keep the visa open, will most likely have to start over again when I get my license,

Rick

Guest NataLibera
Immigration are certainly knocking out the visas. Contrary to expectation Melbourne COE is actually working two days next week so more dreams could come true.

We have booked a 5 day break to Fiji leaving on Jan 2, returning as PR on Sat 7. What. Great start to the New Year!!

Hi the_whites, we are planning our trip offshore too. may I ask why did you chose Fiji? Flights from Sydney or Canberra to Nadi aren't cheaper than those to Auckland...please give some suggestion...

Guest Deedeemk
I'm no expert but I think if you use a migration agent they sign the application off as decision ready, vouching that everything needed in the application is there. These are supposed to be processed faster.

Did you use an migration agent Deedeemk?

Yes I did. This is the first time my work place are sponsoring someone so the felt comfortable with an agent involved.

After Submitting evidence of our relationship to our CO last week i have recieved an email stating that my evidence is sufficient. Just waiting for my AFP clearance cert now so i can forward it.

Submitted employer nomination june 31st(approved), everything else is in order so it hasnt been too long a drama.

Fingers X now we get that big thumbs up next month! :jiggy:

THE LONG AWAITED NEWS ARRIVED TODAY AT 1230

Woo Hoo - finally i can say - We are Permanent residents :)

On top of the world, and what better way to end the year and start a new one.

Thansk to everyone for your words of support through out this process

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Congrats Robert... :) Wish You Happy New Year.... :biggrin:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Brilliant news. Congratulations and Happy New Year to you and your family!

Archived