ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Guest guest55801

I think it means a decion ready certificate, only agents can include they certs with the application , it means the nomination, visa, all documents, medicals etc are included in the application . A DRC means you will be allocated a case office in around 10 days.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did your employer use an agent. DRC is Decision Ready Certified. They go through quicker.

What date was your nomination lodged?

Thanks for clarifying. No, my application wasn't DRC - I sent all my documents to the HR dept at the university for the employer nomination (lodged around the 27th July, was approved 29th August). Applied for skills assessment and visa without an agent, didn't have medicals frontloaded. I suspect I may have benefitted from the fact that start dates in universities are less flexible than for many jobs, due to needing to be available to start teaching at a set time.

Guest guest55801

I remember hearing from a Senior Researcher in an oz uni that they have a special agreement with immigration as they do 1000's of applications each year

Thanks for clarifying. No, my application wasn't DRC - I sent all my documents to the HR dept at the university for the employer nomination (lodged around the 27th July, was approved 29th August). Applied for skills assessment and visa without an agent, didn't have medicals frontloaded. I suspect I may have benefitted from the fact that start dates in universities are less flexible than for many jobs, due to needing to be available to start teaching at a set time.

Well congratulations on your visa. And good luck with everything. :biggrin:

I remember hearing from a Senior Researcher in an oz uni that they have a special agreement with immigration as they do 1000's of applications each year

At best I think this would depend very much on the uni. Furthermore, the vast majority of visas that universities sponsor are either student ones or 457 visas - my understanding from colleagues and my own experience is that unless you're going for quite a senior position and/or they really want you, 457s are standard with a view to sponsoring for PR after 2 years or "upgrading" to a PR visa once in country if they want you fast.

Well congratulations on your visa. And good luck with everything. :biggrin:

Thanks. Shipping everything on Friday and flying out to Melbourne mid-Jan.

Hope you get some clarity about what's happening with your visa soon and that things start moving for you.

Guest lilimary

ruth23, my RMA lodged the application in person. Yes it makes a difference, as if you send it through the post, it has to go through DIAC mailroom which is very busy at the moment.

lucabazzuca, if you have lodged your application a bridging visa will kick in automatically at the end of your WHV. No stress.

Lodging your application DRC does not guarantee it will be allocated to a CO within 10 days. It is supposed to go quicker but DIAC does not guarantee this.

Guest lucabazzuca
ruth23, my RMA lodged the application in person. Yes it makes a difference, as if you send it through the post, it has to go through DIAC mailroom which is very busy at the moment.

lucabazzuca, if you have lodged your application a bridging visa will kick in automatically at the end of your WHV. No stress.

Lodging your application DRC does not guarantee it will be allocated to a CO within 10 days. It is supposed to go quicker but DIAC does not guarantee this.

Unfortunately I applied for a Visa 121...no bridging visa :(

Guest lilimary

oh ok. why a 121 if you are onshore? isn't 121 and 856 the same thing with only the onshore/offshore difference? Just curious :)

Guest lucabazzuca
oh ok. why a 121 if you are onshore? isn't 121 and 856 the same thing with only the onshore/offshore difference? Just curious :)

with a 121 you can save $1000 but you don`t have a bridging visa...the CO will advise you when the application is going to be approved end you must leave the country (a good occasion the have an holiday)...

i dont think it makes any difference

My RMA postes my nomination and visa(121) application on 22nov evening and i had acknowledge letter on 23nov about 2pm.

Guest lucabazzuca

Received yesterday my acknowledge letter...

It looks that they are very busy. This is what they wrote:

Please note that this application has not yet been allocated to a case officer. We are currently receiving a very high number of applications. Service standards for ENS applications are 5 to 7 months. We aim to ensure this application is decided within those service standards.

It is different from the one I saw in this forum. Furthermore there is no reference to the DRC...:cry:

Received yesterday my acknowledge letter...

It looks that they are very busy. This is what they wrote:

Please note that this application has not yet been allocated to a case officer. We are currently receiving a very high number of applications. Service standards for ENS applications are 5 to 7 months. We aim to ensure this application is decided within those service standards.

It is different from the one I saw in this forum. Furthermore there is no reference to the DRC...:cry:

Dont worry its a standard letter that goes out to everyone and wont mention DRC

Guest lilimary
i dont think it makes any difference

My RMA postes my nomination and visa(121) application on 22nov evening and i had acknowledge letter on 23nov about 2pm.

As advised by my RMA, who has a lot of experience with lodging applications with DIAC, it is better to lodge your application via courier, as opposed to lodgement via registered mail (lodgement in this manner can save up to 1+ week(s) on processing, as the application is not required to go through Immigration’s mail room first).

My company applied for 856 Nomination in Parra back in August. Can I apply for the visa now, or do I have to wait until the nomination is approved and I have the approval number?

When the nomination went in I thought that there would be a yes or no answer to that within a couple of months. It seems like it will be a 5-7 month wait for the nomination and then another 5-7 month wait for the visa application!:arghh: Is this how it works for non-DRC?

Guest guest55801

HI , I know the requirements for every compnay's nomination is different. Can anybody advise whats the principle requirement for a Employer to be approved. I have asked my employer for proof of training ( 1%) and a copy of their current training plan, company P&Loss, is this ok, or can anybody advise any different?

Guest lilimary

Here are the requirements for the company. They are the same for every company!

To participate in the Employer Nomination Scheme, the employer must:

> be actively and lawfully operating a business in Australia

> have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a position in their business

follow all relevant Australian laws and have a satisfactory record of meeting immigration laws (if applicable)

> have a current training strategy for existing Australian employees, or if a newly established business, have a training plan for future training of Australian employees provide the employee with an offer of permanent employment.

Your list of documents seem ok to me. You might add any material that explain what the company does. Also you might want to check with a migration agent, or you can call immigration and ask for their advice. They will be happy to help!

Also have a look at the checklist for the ENS nomination on DIAC website

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/_pdf/ens_nomination_checklist.pdf

Good luck

Ruth,

I'd suggest that you might want to folllow the check-list Lilimary has linked to there, getting as many of the documents applicable. Then when the firm applies for the nomination I'd put that checklist at the front of the application and cross reference all the attachment numbers on it - make it like a contents page. It'll make it easier for the person assessing the nomination to check that the documents are there. That's what my Co. did anyway.

Hey all,

I am in a soup at the moment and was wondering if someone could help me out clear some points that is kinda foggy for me atm.

Below is my situation:

I was recently approved of my 485 visa after almost 13 months of waiting.

My employer has agreed to sponsor me for my permanent residency. But for a 485 to proceed to an ENS as you are know there are criterias like one should have a minimum of 3 years exprience in the skills that one is applying for and should have a positive skills assessment.

I have the ielts score with me atm, the positive skills assessment which falls into the ENS skills list but I do not have the 3 years experience yet.( i have 2 years au exp(part time+ ful time) and almost 6 months overseas exp)

Would it be advisable for me to apply for a 3 year work experience waiver and put my ENS application across? Is it usually approved? Are waivier applications usually delayed?

If a DRC is filled out with a waiver for work experience what are my chances of getting a permanent residency?

Keeping in mind that the DIAC rules change so often I am inclined to ask for work exp waiver when it is available.

Has anybody here applied for a work exp waiver through ENS? If so, how easy was it and how long did it take? I seriously can't be bummed waiting for another year!

Thanks all

Cheers,

Ross

Guest lilimary

Some friends of mine got their 856 visa granted today!!

They lodged 2 weeks ago in Melbourne (yes TWO WEEKS!! :biggrin:). They used a migration agent, but they are unsure if it was DRC or not. Both nomination and application lodged together.

Guest Stevietheworm

I applied for an 856 visa and got the conformation of receipt on the 02/10/2011. Now it's just a waiting game. What is this DRC, is it an additional form you can submit with your application?

Guest antonysb

Hi Ross, your situation is actually similar like mine, but i got my 485 december last year and I applied for ENS on october - i didnt have 3 years experience yet, but i have 2 years AU exp (part time when i was in uni and full time during the break) and i have been with my employer since dec 2008.

When i lodged my application, i applied for 3 years work experience waiver - now i am still waiting for case officer(parramatta office) - i will keep you updated if my application get approved. PM me if you have further questions.

Hey all,

I am in a soup at the moment and was wondering if someone could help me out clear some points that is kinda foggy for me atm.

Below is my situation:

I was recently approved of my 485 visa after almost 13 months of waiting.

My employer has agreed to sponsor me for my permanent residency. But for a 485 to proceed to an ENS as you are know there are criterias like one should have a minimum of 3 years exprience in the skills that one is applying for and should have a positive skills assessment.

I have the ielts score with me atm, the positive skills assessment which falls into the ENS skills list but I do not have the 3 years experience yet.( i have 2 years au exp(part time+ ful time) and almost 6 months overseas exp)

Would it be advisable for me to apply for a 3 year work experience waiver and put my ENS application across? Is it usually approved? Are waivier applications usually delayed?

If a DRC is filled out with a waiver for work experience what are my chances of getting a permanent residency?

Keeping in mind that the DIAC rules change so often I am inclined to ask for work exp waiver when it is available.

Has anybody here applied for a work exp waiver through ENS? If so, how easy was it and how long did it take? I seriously can't be bummed waiting for another year!

Thanks all

Cheers,

Ross

Archived