ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Guest smwarlock20
FINALLY PR GRANTED. Yippee yayy. :jiggy:champagne popping tonight. Thank you so much for your helps and everything guys. Merry XMAS and Wish y'all get PR soon.

That is perfect.enjoy ur Christmas mate

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest auswannabe

Hi Whites

Edit your signature in your profile settings. Add the timeline and save it. Give us a yell if you get stuck.

Guest smwarlock20
Congratulations forrest. Have a great Xmas

Can anyone tell me how to put my tmeline at the bottom of my posts?

Go to user cp on top lef hand corner->settings and options-> edit signature->save what ever u write

Cheers

Guest guest55801

HI, I see you lodged your application in July, I'm guessing it was not decision ready? Hoping to lodge mine in Melbourne in the next two weeks, an update on the average time for a Decision ready at the moment?

In case anyone is in a similar position to me and wondering how quickly it is possible to get an ENS 121 visa sorted rather than the official estimate of 5-8 months, I got my job offer finalised at the end of July (due to start Feb 1 2012), employer nomination was approved on 26 August and got my visa on Monday (Dec 5). Timeline was:

VETASSESS applied for 28 Aug (occupation: University Lecturer)

VETASSESS urgency request form submitted 4 Oct

Positive skills assessment received 20 Oct

Visa application submitted to Melbourne Centre of Excellence 23 Oct

Acknowledgement of receipt 28 Oct

Emailed to request prioritising in light of employment start date 29 Oct

Medical requested 16 Nov

Medical 23 Nov

Visa granted 5 December

It could have been even faster if I'd submitted the VETASSESS urgency request sooner, but still not bad going.

Your application did not have the nomination part which is setting people back a further 3 months

Yes, it did - the position required nomination by the employer to be approved in order for me to apply for my visa.

Guest lilimary
A quick update: applocation lodged on 28/11 at Mel Office...DRC...still waiting for the acknowledge letter...

My RMA got the acknowledgement letter the very next day (she lodged in Melbourne, mid-October)

If your job is a a college lecturer I am guessing the uni has already approved to nominated you, it most cases the applicant first lodges their company nomination which takes an average 3 months and the lodges there visa which takes another 1-2 months, I think thats why the dept say 5-8 months

Given how much the timeline can vary, I thought it might be interesting for other people to know my details. Yes, it is likely that universities are already approved sponsors, but then so are many other large companies.

The employer lodges an employer nomination first - no idea what the average time for approval is, but in my case it came through in just under 4 weeks.

In terms of VETASSESS, in the circumstances I wish I had know that it is possible to submit an urgency request, rather than only finding out having spent several weeks thinking that I just had to wait for it (stated time of 12 weeks in most cases).

Then, once the employer nomination and skills assessment had been obtained, actual visa processing took approx 5 weeks. Given that DIAC says 5-8 months specifically for visa processing, i.e. from date of receipt, not as an overall amount of time for the entire process, this was quite a relief - and may be to people in a similar position who are wondering if it is possible to get a 121 visa sorted quickly on an anecdotal level, but obviously am not claiming that this is how it is/will be for anyone else!

Just received this email from Melbourne COE

"Further to the acknowledgement letter sent to you via Email, dated 29/6, if you do not hear from us for a while, do not be concerned. You will be contacted by your case officer about any additional information or documents that may be required in order to make a decision on your application.

Due to the demand driven nature of the program, the Permanent Employer Sponsored Entry network is continuing to receive large numbers of employer nominations and visa applications.

This means applications being received through the Melbourne Centre are currently taking two - three months to be allocated to a case officer for assessment.

Please be assured that all issues surrounding processing backlogs have been appropriately escalated.

You will be contacted by a case officer within 2 working days of the employer nomination and/or visa application being allocated, with either an outcome for decision-ready cases or a request for additional information or documents.

Until a case is allocated, we are unable to provide you with advice regarding processing timeframes.

We apologise for all inconveniences caused as a result of the delays in allocation.

Please note that the published service standards for ENS/RSMS cases is 5 months (ETA countries) and 7 months (non-ETA countries). Timeframes for processing an application vary from one case to another, depending on the individual circumstances of each applicant . The Melbourne Permanent Skilled Entry team are committed to providing you with an decision on your application within the published service standards.

Clients are requested to explore other pathways, such as the 457 temporary business visa, for all urgent cases where the nominating employer needs the applicant to commence working in the position within the published service standards.

Kind regards,

Permanent Employer Sponsored Entry"

Seems to contradict itself as we are now outside the 5 month service standard and have not yet had a decision on Nomination or a Case Officer. Both submitted together and still waiting. FUnny how they have sent this but we have not spoken to them lately. Our employer is already an approved sponsor and has successfully nominated and processed an 856 visa this year. They also requested priority for my husband but were turned down.

Guest guest55801

Am I reading this properly, once a co has been assigned you will be contacted within 2 days with an outcome or request for more info

Am I reading this properly, once a co has been assigned you will be contacted within 2 days with an outcome or request for more info

Yes, that is what they say. However, the whole thing is quite contradictory.

"This means applications being received through the Melbourne Centre are currently taking two - three months to be allocated to a case officer for assessment."

We have been waiting over 5 months and still no allocation. Not even a nomination allocated, yet other PIO members have had nominations approved which have been submitted after ours.

...published service standards for ENS/RSMS cases is 5 months (ETA countries)....The Melbourne Permanent Skilled Entry team are committed to providing you with an decision on your application within the published service standards

We are not even being processed yet and it will be 5 and a half months on Monday

Bizarre!!!!

Guest lucabazzuca
Just received this email from Melbourne COE

"Further to the acknowledgement letter sent to you viaEmail, dated 29/6, if you do not hear from us for a while, do not be concerned. You will be contacted by your case officer about any additional information or documents that may be required in order to make a decision on your application.

Due to the demand driven nature of the program, the Permanent Employer Sponsored Entry network is continuing to receive large numbers of employer nominations and visa applications.

This means applications being received through the Melbourne Centre are currently taking two - three months to be allocated to a case officer for assessment.

Please be assured that all issues surrounding processing backlogs have been appropriately escalated.

You will be contacted by a case officer within 2 working days of the employer nomination and/or visa application being allocated, with either an outcome for decision-ready cases or a request for additional information or documents.

Until a case is allocated, we are unable to provide you with advice regarding processing timeframes.

We apologise for all inconveniences caused as a result of the delays in allocation.

Please note that the published service standards for ENS/RSMS cases is 5 months (ETA countries) and 7 months (non-ETA countries). Timeframes for processing an application vary from one case to another, depending on the individual circumstances of each applicant . The Melbourne Permanent Skilled Entry team are committed to providing you with an decision on your application within the published service standards.

Clients are requested to explore other pathways, such as the 457 temporary business visa, for all urgent cases where the nominating employer needs the applicant to commence working in the position within the published service standards.

Kind regards,

Permanent Employer Sponsored Entry"

Seems to contradict itself as we are now outside the 5 month service standard and have not yet had a decision on Nomination or a Case Officer. Both submitted together and still waiting. FUnny how they have sent this but we have not spoken to them lately. Our employer is already an approved sponsor and has successfully nominated and processed an 856 visa this year. They also requested priority for my husband but were turned down.

Was your application a DRC?

I am really worried because my current Visa (working holiday visa) is expiring at the end of January.

Do you you if the check your VIsa status and speed up the process based on that?

Guest guest55801

I am hoping to lodge a decison reasy to avoid any confusin and to spped up things, could you get your agent or could you write to them it case its stuck in a pile somewhere?

Guest guest55801

I see you are going in as an office manager, how detailed were your reference letters and how long did your medicals take to come back?

I see you are going in as an office manager, how detailed were your reference letters and how long did your medicals take to come back?

We are not DRC. We did it all ourselves and the employer lodged in person at the COE.

Medicals and police checks front loaded. They were with the centre within 10 days of our medicals. Police checks took just over 2 weeks.

Reference letters were pretty standard.

Going to get my OH to call tomorrow to try and make some sense of it all.

Archived