ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest smwarlock20
Any update on Parramatta today?

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 6 June 2011. Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 25 July 2011

There u go.

parra please reach mid august by month end

Guest luca321
Some friends of mine got their 856 visa granted today!!

They lodged 2 weeks ago in Melbourne (yes TWO WEEKS!! :biggrin:). They used a migration agent, but they are unsure if it was DRC or not. Both nomination and application lodged together.

wowww...that`s awesome...their application was very similar to yours lilimary, isn`t it?!?!?

I really don`t understand why the timeframes are so different from each other…

Do you know the profession of the main applicant?

Guest lilimary

Yes, very similar. Not sure of the main applicant occupation sorry. It really is a lucky draw!

I had other friends that applied back in Melbourne, one was a family, the other one a couple. The family got it in 4 weeks, the couple in 6 months.

Go figure!! :)

This is update by DIAC on 12/12/11

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 06 June 2011.

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 25 July 2011

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 23 June 2011.

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 1 August 2011

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 30 June 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 2 November 2011.

Dear all,

My partner is getting close to 45 years of age, we have a sponsor willing to do a ENS 121. The question I have is if the ENS 121 is submitted before he is 45 years old and the DIAC requested his section of the appication later (we was not going to do decision ready) if by then he is over 45 years is it too late or will they accept the application as the sponsor submitted his forms prior to turning 45?

Thanks all for any assistance.

Tina, Family of Five.

Guest mikewheble

Hi Family of Five,

I am 47 in January and applied for my ENS121 in July of this year. I went for the age exception and am not expecting any problems. Just get the potential employer to write a brief letter stating that they want your husband because of his experience and then if your husband also does the same then you should be ok.

Best of luck

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

Many thanks for the reply, I was looking at age exception but not sure how many visa's great granted with this. We might only just miss the cut off by one month as TRA are taking sooooooooooo long at the moment, I also considered skills exception as wondered as have a job offer, highly skilled and unsual job should stand a good chance. Will you keep me posted, I take it you do not use an agent which I might do if looking at any type of exception?

Many thanks

Tina x

Guest mikewheble

Hi Tina

I did it myself and don't expect any problems other than the time it's taking to process. I have been in Sydney for three months now and am treating it like a holiday. My employer wants me to start and I want to get going but can't do anything until we get the visa through.

As far as age exception goes, I guess it comes down to the age at exception and the job role. Mine is Sales & Marketing Manager and so isn't that off the wall. I think you should be ok especially if you have missed the age by a month or two. Just as a note, I am importing my car from the UK and they absolutely stipulate that you have to have owned it for 12 months as a minimum. I had mine 11 months prior to leaving but again, I sent them a letter stating an exception and a couple of months later, they granted me the export license.

You shouldn't have any problems.

Best regards

Mike

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 6 June 2011. Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 25 July 2011

/QUOTE]

Have to say this does not excite me anymore :(:(:(

We are a 23rd MAY application and we still dont have a case officer :(

They told us on the phone that this update means allocating case officers for applications UP TO this date so we are still in the pile waiting

As the date drew closer to our submission date i was getting hopeful we would have an outcome soon. Especially last week when it had passed our date. We are approaching month 7 of waiting now.

The fact we havent got a case officer yet does mean No news either way at least.

its just frustrating waiting knowing they are on applications near ours.

Guest jnrrazz

I was just wondering what peoples view on the dates are. I know that Parra is on 6th June this week but do we reckon this will 'speed up' once they get past June as there was 'extra' applicatons in June due to rate change. I applied ENS 856 on 4th Sept and thus would I still expect a 3 month wait (on top of the 3 months) or would I expect this to speed up.

Also, does Chrimbo mean 'shut down' and slowly or does it mean 'no other work coming in' and thus can spend time on applications (looking for a positive here)

Guest lilimary

I don't think the dates mean much. They do not even get updated on a regular basis...

Look, I had friends who got their visa granted in 2 weeks!! (that was yesterday)

The lucky draw is hard on everyone, but I guess what matters is that we will get it in the end (I certainly hope so hehe). It does not impact me too much as I'm on a bridging visa, so happy to wait 6 more months if that's the plan. Not much can be done :(

EDIT TO ADD : I believe Christmas means shut down - or just a bare minimum service being assured. So many companies/restaurants/business close for 2/3 weeks over Xmas and NYE, DIAC is probably doing the same...

Guest luca321
I don't think the dates mean much. They do not even get updated on a regular basis...

Look, I had friends who got their visa granted in 2 weeks!! (that was yesterday)

The lucky draw is hard on everyone, but I guess what matters is that we will get it in the end (I certainly hope so hehe). It does not impact me too much as I'm on a bridging visa, so happy to wait 6 more months if that's the plan. Not much can be done :(

EDIT TO ADD : I believe Christmas means shut down - or just a bare minimum service being assured. So many companies/restaurants/business close for 2/3 weeks over Xmas and NYE, DIAC is probably doing the same...

The differences of approval dates are quite strange. Lilimary, you have a DRC and still waiting. I think that thay value also the profession and other factors that we don`t know.

Guest lilimary

yes it might a difference in profession. I have had friends, same profession, same immigration centre (Melbourne). One was processed in 3 weeks, the other one in 6 months.

It also depends of the case load of the CO you get. Younger/less experimented CO get less cases so it can go quicker through them.

We are just sitting ducks quack quack :animal-beaver:

Guest jnrrazz

Cheers

It does give you hope that yours will be processed 'quicker' when you here stories of people getting theres...

Lets keep the fingers crossed for a good christmas and new year in the processing teams

Guest auswannabe

I wouldn't stress about dates. I submitted in September. The Perth DIAC dates showed applications from 2nd June were being addressed when my PR was granted.

Guest romysydney

Hi All,

I need your help, Doe’s anyone having any idea which month applications are in process..

I applied my 856 visa on 2nd Aug 2011, still waiting.. please reply.. thanks

Hi All,

I need your help, Doe’s anyone having any idea which month applications are in process..

I applied my 856 visa on 2nd Aug 2011, still waiting.. please reply.. thanks

From an earlier post

This is update by DIAC on 12/12/11

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 06 June 2011.

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 25 July 2011

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 23 June 2011.

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 1 August 2011

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 30 June 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 2 November 2011.

Guest romysydney

Thanks Roberts.. I hope for next month...

Here is my timeline:

-------------------------------

Submitted ENS Sub Class 856 & Nomination on: 2nd August 2011

Visa Payment Deducted from my MasterCard on: 2nd August 2011

Nomination Acknowledgement Received on: 3rd August 2011

Visa Acknowledgement Received on: 3rd August 2011

Family Size: 2

Medical Done on: 11th August 2011

Nomination Approved: Waiting ??

Visa Granted Date: Waiting ??

Processing Office: Parramatta

Guest luca321

Lili...do you know if they had CO and approval at the same time?

Archived