ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mikewheble

CJ, I am really happy for you, you must feel over the moon. Happy Australia Day!!!

Regards

Mike

What a hectic few hours got a phone call from my MA at 10.00 saying my nomination was approved and I should be making arrangements to leave the country then half hour later she calls back and tell me the residency was approved as soon as i leave the country it will be activated. Finally after nearly 8 months Il be a permanent resident. Absolutely over the moon thanks so much for all your help and support and I wish every last one of ye the best of luck with your applications. Words cant even begin to describe how happy im feeling right now

Jackiedoherty and Rkeanu, you should have a look at the below document and add your timeline to it too.

It will give you a fair idea of the current timeline.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqjcLelabWLPdEFBbEc1LW4tbl9vc0FRQjVpcGJ4NEE&hl=en#gid=0

Without an agent, I think the 5-7 months timeline is the average. With a (good) agent, it is between 1 week to 1 or 2 months.

Thanks very much, i added my details to it also, I look to have a bit of a wait as Melbourne office told me that they are only round to the June 2011 Applications :-? Here's hoping they get through the backlog asap as soon as possible cos i applied on 20/12/2011 :err:

Guest ymxiong

Hello guys,

I lodged 121 visa application for a University postdoc position without skills assessment (nomination approved on 22 June). Do I need to do skill assessment after lodging application? Are there anybody to get application granted without skill assessment?

Guest smwarlock20
What a hectic few hours got a phone call from my MA at 10.00 saying my nomination was approved and I should be making arrangements to leave the country then half hour later she calls back and tell me the residency was approved as soon as i leave the country it will be activated. Finally after nearly 8 months Il be a permanent resident. Absolutely over the moon thanks so much for all your help and support and I wish every last one of ye the best of luck with your applications. Words cant even begin to describe how happy im feeling right now

Very happy to hear ur progress.congratulations cj25

Guest lilimary
I think the each case has different processing time as it depends upon your profession (job title) as well.

..Mansawant

I have applied in October in Melbourne and have my visa now, but it is also a case of whether your application is lodged as DRC or not. In the end each case is different sadly, very hard to give an approximate timeline. You should go by DIAC advises and get ready for a 5 months wait if you are from an ETA country (7 for non ETA)

Guest lilimary
Guys, can anyone advise if Form 80 is required for 856 visa application. We both have clean police records. We will both submit Aust police checks, UK police check (me) and Colombian police check, with certified translation (her).

Genghis, I know my agent made us filled form 80 (we are from France and with clean police checks). Although I think it is not required, the agent was just being very pedantic :)

Guest yokelvet

Hi, I submitted my application to melbourne on 11th Jan for an 856 visa, my employer had submitted the nomination on the 5th of jan. mine was with police checks and medicals all included (not drc as like you i did mine myself). havent recieved confirmation that it has got there yet, but hopefully will do so soon.

Guest lilimary

For Melbourne updates, send a blank email to vic.pse@immi.gov.au and you should get an automatic reply soon after. Check your spams though!

They usually update the automatic reply once every fortnight, sometimes they don't.

Guest lilimary

This is the reply I got from my mail to the above address. It looks like the centers are still working on the huge number of applications they received at the end of June 2011 (fees went up at July 01). I am sure it will move faster as soon as they get over that unusual load.

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 14 June 2011.

Parramatta Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 26 August 2011.

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 30 June 2011.

Melbourne Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 1 August 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) ENS cases which were received on 21 July 2011.

The Perth Centre of Excellence (COE) RSMS cases which were received on 14 November 2011.

Guest lilimary

A good agent will contact you on the same day they hear from DIAC. They certainly will not leave you hanging.

So you should not have to ask.

It is their job to keep the information flowing both ways...

But if it puts your mind to ease, you can ask him every fortnight or so.

EDIT TO ADD: Girl65 I just noticed that you applied less than a week ago!! This is a bit early to ask your agent about news from DIAC. Give it at least another week, or maybe 3. Since your application was lodged as DRC, you will soon receive an email telling your nomination + visa has been granted. You just need to wait. Don't worry.... Sit back and relax :)

Hi all, my nomination is no over 7 months and not heard a thing. I am from the UK and so low risk. The question is, has anyone else been in the same situation and emailed/called DIAC and then been assigned a CO?

Sorry, another question, is the seven months from nomination or application? My application went in two weeks after nomination.

Thanks all

Mike

Hi Mike

Stick an email to DIAC with an urgency request. Thats what we did and two days later, they started processing the visa. PM me if you would like a copy of the one we sent

Su

Guest mikewheble

Hi Su (The Whites)

I think I will as this is getting crazy..was going to do it last week but then I thought, na, leave it another week. I am going to ring them tomorrow afternoon as I'll be at home as all my furniture is being delivered tomorrow...Yay...at last

I think the email idea is worth following up.

Hope its all going well for you guys?? Have you done your overseas trip yet??

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike

Stick an email to DIAC with an urgency request. Thats what we did and two days later, they started processing the visa. PM me if you would like a copy of the one we sent

Su

Hi Su (The Whites)

I think I will as this is getting crazy..was going to do it last week but then I thought, na, leave it another week. I am going to ring them tomorrow afternoon as I'll be at home as all my furniture is being delivered tomorrow...Yay...at last

I think the email idea is worth following up.

Hope its all going well for you guys?? Have you done your overseas trip yet??

Regards

Mike

Well let me know if you need the email. We did our trip to Fiji. Got there on the Mon night and received our letter on the Tue am. Could have saved ourselves a shed load of cash if we had gone for the day :)

All settled in now, got a long term rental, but still waiting for the container to clear customs. Three weeks now!! Not sure if the minimalistic look is a good one or not haha.

Hope you get some good news soon

Archived