Onshore Partner Visa Application time frame

Guest skiingbadger

Im on my second whv which expires February 7th ;)

Yeah I had about 200 sites or so included forms..but sent police check and medicals straight away because I thought its quicker that way, so they can't ask for more, it was decision ready..

just waiting for the bridging visa now so i

can start work again, don't really care if visa takes longer to grant.. Have they taken money out yet?

No money taken out yet but it only arrived in Perth yesterday morning so not stressing just yet. As long as i get my bridging visa by the 6th Feb.

Also once i get my bridging visa (I assume it will be BRIDGING VISA A) Do i then have full working rights or does the work restrictions continue as my WHV? I have been told that it will be the same as my WHV. But i'm kinda looking forward to getting back into the routine of having a full time job again instead of looking for one every 6 months.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No money taken out yet but it only arrived in Perth yesterday morning so not stressing just yet. As long as i get my bridging visa by the 6th Feb.

Also once i get my bridging visa (I assume it will be BRIDGING VISA A) Do i then have full working rights or does the work restrictions continue as my WHV? I have been told that it will be the same as my WHV. But i'm kinda looking forward to getting back into the routine of having a full time job again instead of looking for one every 6 months.

You'll have full, unrestricted work rights as soon as your WHV expires and your BVA kicks in. :)

I wish i could help you out with the work thing hallie! Maybe mine is different as i applied from a tourist visa, but on my email about the bridging visa it says I'll have BVA and have NIL working restrictions so i assume i can work for an employer for as long as I want.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but you said you were on a tourist visa and on your BV you can work?

I just wanted to ask because I had to go onto tourist visa and just worry that when I lodge my application I wont be able to work

Thank's :)

Hi anybody know time scales for off-shore partner visa

Gary

Depends on where you apply from.

UK was running at 8-9 months, officially, though some visas come through after the 7-8 month make but that is not a given.

I think the wait time may have dropped a bit recently but not by much.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but you said you were on a tourist visa and on your BV you can work?

I just wanted to ask because I had to go onto tourist visa and just worry that when I lodge my application I wont be able to work

Yeah! I wasn't sure either, but I'm a 3 month tourist visa atm and when it runs out i'll be on bridging visa A and can work unrestricted.

Evening, does anyone know if you can withdraw an offshore application and lodge onshore? Obviously losinh out on the original fee paid for the offshore.

cheers

I would think so but consult a decent agent to ensure you won't stuff up if doing so.

If you cancelled and went over you'd still not be able to work for 3 months till your bridging visa kicked in. And it takes longer iirc and does cost more. If your application is in I'd sit tight for the offshore or head over on a tourist visa to wait it out, as it'd be the same as being there waiting to apply onshore pretty much. And if you needed to head offshore for a day if 3 months ran out, got to be cheaper than forking out a new application fee, medical etc I'd think.

Have a read of this

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2012L02217/Explanatory%20Statement/Text

If applying onshore you get a bridging visa with no restrictions.

Thanks snifter, here already. 3rd 3 month tourist visa expires 8th April and PCC expires 14th April. Am still within 9 months but if its going to take longer than that then will be an option rather than paying for me and kids to fly home.

It shouldn't do. They grant in the timeframe from what I've seen. I can't recall anyone in recent times (or even further back) who applied in the UK and their application ran over the stated time. Most got it earlier than the latest date. Was your medical ok? If it's been referred the wait time on that is 3 months but again, this is done before the 9 months is up. Mine was referred and I got a grant at 7 months.

When is your 9 months actually up?

Louise, when you apply for a partner visa and move from the visa you were originally on to the BVA, you have full work rights. Doesn't matter if it was a tourist visa or a WHV or whatever. Same deal.

EDIT: Sorry, missed that there was another page to this thread and your question had been answered already. :)

It shouldn't do. They grant in the timeframe from what I've seen. I can't recall anyone in recent times (or even further back) who applied in the UK and their application ran over the stated time. Most got it earlier than the latest date. Was your medical ok? If it's been referred the wait time on that is 3 months but again, this is done before the 9 months is up. Mine was referred and I got a grant at 7 months.

When is your 9 months actually up?

guess 11th March as lodged 11th April. My concern is that because my CO only works part time it may take longer.

Surely you're going to get granted within the next few weeks bizlarker, sit tight and don't stress about it :biggrin:

(easy for me to say, we're sat in the UK not quite confident enough to book flights yet, but it is oh so close, and I just can't wait to get out there, back to my roots!)

Thanks. I hope so. Think will get the application ready so if need to I'll call my CO and ask if that is going to be ok and submit here. So wish I applied onshore in the first place. Can't stop kicking myself about that! N'mind, what is done is done.

guess 11th March as lodged 11th April. My concern is that because my CO only works part time it may take longer.

My CO worked part time. 3 days a week.

It should be granted soon. If it takes till March that is 11 months which is well over the 8-9 months (assuming you UK lodged) timeframe. Hopefully it will be soon :)

My CO worked part time. 3 days a week.

It should be granted soon. If it takes till March that is 11 months which is well over the 8-9 months (assuming you UK lodged) timeframe. Hopefully it will be soon :)

I lodged 11th June sorry not sure why I put April. Ahh, was wondering if you had same CO as me as I haven't seen their initials on here either.

Finally applied for 820 visa on 22nd Jan. Went with the online lodgement, so after submitting the first form I'm now in the depths of scanning in, uploading and gathering the finals bits of evidence we currently have.

Has anyone else applied for the 820 visa online? How long does it usually take for a case officer to be assigned? TIA

• 4 weeks later...

So...

PMV to 820

19/2/14 - 820 application sent to Melbourne office by mail

20/2/14 - visa fee taken from account

21/2/14 - RECEIVE VISA GRANT LETTER (plus return of documents) by postal mail!!!

Never imagined it to be this fast! Over the moon that we only had to endure one long wait time for the PMV, not both. Also, didn't get asked to do another medical (even though I did it back in Sept 2012) - I was fully expecting a request for that. What a bonus!

Good luck to all going through the process; it is quite the experience, and a real test of resilience and relationship strength, at times. All the best!

That will not affect your visa grant situation I am sure. They may only work part time but would only be assigned the cases they could manage in that time I am sure.

If your CO told you 8-9 months at the start when they notified you in their first contact email, go out from that. IIRC we share the same CO and I had no problems or delays.

• 2 months later...

Archived