Onshore Partner Visa Application time frame

Guest skiingbadger

Hi there, has anyone done their 801 part? If so did you include evidence of your continuing relationship? It only seems to want a statutory declaration from myself and partner? Just wondering if I should include anything else.

Also they want a Federal Police check, I had one done in August last year, so was just going to send that. Do you think they'll want another one?

How long did you have to wait for your confirmation. It says 90 days at the moment!

Thanks in advance

Hey, I've just done mine. You don't need to provide any evidence, just give the contact details for two people who can verify your relationship if contacted. Neither of mine were contacted. We had to do another statutory declaration each. And yes, another AFP check is needed and you'll probably need a new one, I think August last year will be too long ago. You have to declare any health issues you may have developed since the 820, in which case they may ask for a new medical check. I only waited 6 weeks before I got my 801, which was a nice change after the 11 months waiting for my 820! GL!

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, I've just done mine. You don't need to provide any evidence, just give the contact details for two people who can verify your relationship if contacted. Neither of mine were contacted. We had to do another statutory declaration each. And yes, another AFP check is needed and you'll probably need a new one, I think August last year will be too long ago. You have to declare any health issues you may have developed since the 820, in which case they may ask for a new medical check. I only waited 6 weeks before I got my 801, which was a nice change after the 11 months waiting for my 820! GL!

Hey Cez,

Thanks for your reply. Hoping it should be a bit quicker this time! Be nice to have it all finalised.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I applied for 820 in Sept 2013 in Sydney and was told 9-12 months, I am about to approach the 9 month mark, so I thought I'd allow myself to start thinking about it again.

Is anyone else not disgusted about having to pay a second time for medicals and police checks? I personally think this is way way out of order and I'm not sure we should stand for it. What do you think?

I'm also amused at some people getting granted in just a few months, but I think these are not applicants in Sydney, probably the worst place to apply.

Did anyone apply around the same time?

Thanks

Hi Folks,

I applied for 820 in Sept 2013 in Sydney and was told 9-12 months, I am about to approach the 9 month mark, so I thought I'd allow myself to start thinking about it again.

Is anyone else not disgusted about having to pay a second time for medicals and police checks? I personally think this is way way out of order and I'm not sure we should stand for it. What do you think?

I'm also amused at some people getting granted in just a few months, but I think these are not applicants in Sydney, probably the worst place to apply.

Thanks

We applied for 820 in Sydney in the middle of April 2012, and were granted the visa on 17th of May 2013. We front-loaded the application with medical and police checks and had plenty of evidence. In all that time, we haven't had any contact with the immigration (we called to inquire but without any success, of course), and our visa was granted without asking us for new medical and police checks (although 13 months passed).

You must be in a pile, you could be granted tomorrow or in a couple of months. Be patient.

:)

Hi there, has anyone done their 801 part? If so did you include evidence of your continuing relationship? It only seems to want a statutory declaration from myself and partner? Just wondering if I should include anything else.

Also they want a Federal Police check, I had one done in August last year, so was just going to send that. Do you think they'll want another one?

How long did you have to wait for your confirmation. It says 90 days at the moment!

Thanks in advance

Hi Kellbell,We just sent ours off (minus a signature ,another post ) but we sent a FPC off last year too ,I rang them and the advised not to send another one as the one we sent was still valid,might be worth a phone call,When are you eligable for PR ? my partner is as of July 1

Hi Kellbell,We just sent ours off (minus a signature ,another post ) but we sent a FPC off last year too ,I rang them and the advised not to send another one as the one we sent was still valid,might be worth a phone call,When are you eligable for PR ? my partner is as of July 1

Hi Jules,

Thanks for your reply. I sent off my original police check and had an email to say that it is valid for a year so will be ok until Aug. I originally submitted my visa in July 2011, so am eligible for PR from then.

Fingers crossed it shouldn't take too long now.

Hi Folks,

Thanks

Hi Icetea,

I think it depends of the case officer dealing with your application. Mine took 16 months in the end and was incredibly frustrating. I wasn't asked to resubmit medicals or UK police checks, just an Aus Federal police check. Hang in there. Its on its way!

It would be nice if we were both in the quick pile lol I just rang immi and told them about forgetting to sign the checklist and he didnt think there would be a problem but has put it on file that I have rang telling them of my booboo lol .

I have just lodged my 820 visa and am hoping for a quicker timeframe than I see mentioned on here!

9/4/13 - Application posted

10/4/13 - Application received at Partner Processing Office QLD

12/4/13 - Fee taken from bank account

I submitted all documents and evidence apart from my medical as even though it advised to front load, I saw that it also said not to submit the medical so I gave them a quick call and they advised me not to also.

I have got advise that maybe I should do it and send it to them ASAP as it might speed up my application, but I don't have a case reference number or anything so I don't know if it would be possible and I don't want it to expire. Okay if my police check expires that's $45, but if the medical does that's a lot more expensive!

I submitted all the forms and certified documents as well as around 150 pages of evidences of phone bills, travel tickets, bank statements, wedding things so am hoping this will go in my favour.

I am currently on a student visa so am not sure if I will continue on this visa until it expires in July, or if they will change it to a Bridging visa. I checked on VEVO and it's still a TU Student 457.

Wish me luck!

My Medical was requested last week at the end of May....

I posted the hard copy to them on the 31st May 2013

Visa was approved today, 4th June!

Less than 2 months!

Pretty pleased to say the least!!

Guest TOM9981
My Medical was requested last week at the end of May....

I posted the hard copy to them on the 31st May 2013

Visa was approved today, 4th June!

Less than 2 months!

Pretty pleased to say the least!!

Yep it seems Sydney is the WORST place to apply. 2 months is a dream. I applied December 2012. Asked for AFP in April and not had a thing since. If a private company ran like this they would go out of business immediately. So frustrating!

Hi guy's I'm new to the site.

820 Partner onshore application delievered by recorded post on 16/05/13 to Perth Office.

Payment taken 24/05/13

Confirmation Letter 26/05/13

Today I realised that we didn't have our statements witnessed or certified. I'm horrified because we worked so hard to make sure it was a decision ready application and I'm worried I will be sent to the bottom of the pile now :(

I'm going to re-do them and send them in asap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys :). Seems we are definitely the visa that is quick at the moment!

• Submitted - 20th May 2013 - Everything but Federal Police Checks.. stupidly only gave W.A Police Check!!
  • Request for Federal Police Clearance - 7th June 2013
  • Submitted Federal Police Clearance - 12th June 2013
  • Visa Granted!!! - 10th July 2013

Could I please ask you lovely people a question? When you hand in/send off your application, how long before you go on a bridging visa? For complicated reasons I may only be entering aus on a 4 week tourist visa - is that enough time to lodge the application and go on the bridging visa? what if there's something not right or complete with the application, does that delay it? I cant include medical as i'm pregnant (no x-rays). Thank you!

Could I please ask you lovely people a question? When you hand in/send off your application, how long before you go on a bridging visa? For complicated reasons I may only be entering aus on a 4 week tourist visa - is that enough time to lodge the application and go on the bridging visa? what if there's something not right or complete with the application, does that delay it? I cant include medical as i'm pregnant (no x-rays). Thank you!

Afaik your bridging visa kicks in when the other expires. Someone will correct me on this if its wrong I am sure :)

With regard to an incomplete application, if they require more evidence or some such they will make a request for it and tell you how long you have to submit it.

I don't think you do your medical in advance anyways and your CO would wait till after baby was born to request that I would think.

You really should ensure you have all your supporting evidence, stat decs, supporting statements, birth certificates, and all that when you submit. And that its all certified etc properly. They have a check list for a reason ;)

Also if you already have children they may ask for a copy of child's full birth certificate showing names of both parents.

Hi Everyone!

Has anyone here submitted their application in Perth?

If so, how long have you waited or still waiting?

The average wait time for an onshore partner application is 13 months. Work to this is the general rule of thumb although some people get them granted quicker, but the last I heard it was over a year.

Hi Everyone!

Has anyone here submitted their application in Perth?

If so, how long have you waited or still waiting?

Hi hannar1

I submitted my 820 onshore to Perth on the 16th May, got my acceptance letter on the 26th May, no other contact since. Just playing the waiting game and checking VEVO everyday!

How about you?

Hi guys :). Seems we are definitely the visa that is quick at the moment!

• Submitted - 20th May 2013 - Everything but Federal Police Checks.. stupidly only gave W.A Police Check!!

• Request for Federal Police Clearance - 7th June 2013

• Submitted Federal Police Clearance - 12th June 2013

• Visa Granted!!! - 10th July 2013

AWESOME WORK!! Congrats. That's great work. Which office did you apply too? I made my application at the same time to Perth. Fingers crossed!

The average wait time for an onshore partner application is 13 months. Work to this is the general rule of thumb although some people get them granted quicker, but the last I heard it was over a year.

The ones that seem to be granted (much) quicker seem to be ones where there was a prospective marriage visa already in place.

The ones that seem to be granted (much) quicker seem to be ones where there was a prospective marriage visa already in place.

We didn't have a prospective marriage visa and it only took a month or so (july 2012).. I think its more about having your application decision ready, and being from a low risk country eg NZ or UK or something

Hi hannar1

I submitted my 820 onshore to Perth on the 16th May, got my acceptance letter on the 26th May, no other contact since. Just playing the waiting game and checking VEVO everyday!

How about you?

That is so exciting Springerella! Good luck.

We are submitting our application in the next few weeks, just getting the last of the documents/ evidence together. So nervous about the whole process!

We didn't have a prospective marriage visa and it only took a month or so (july 2012).. I think its more about having your application decision ready, and being from a low risk country eg NZ or UK or something

Did you have another substantive visa at the time?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, brilliant forum! This is my first post here, We're about to lodge my Partner Visa (subclass 820) and I'm getting myself in a panic! I am currently on a student visa (have studied here for 4 years) and it's finished next week!!!

The issue is that my partner and I have not yet lived together for an entire year. We have been together 15 months, moved in together 7 months and became engaged in February. The REASON we did not officially live together sooner is because of his two young children, and us not wanting to rush them into an unfamiliar or God forbid uncomfortable situation, that said, I would stay with them for 5 or 6 nights a week for MONTHS before moving in officially. We live very much as a family and the kids and I are very close. It wouldn't do ANY of us any emotional favours for me to have to leave the country. As I understand it, you cannot apply for a prospective marriage visa onshore. So I'm a bit lost for what to do now?! I'm seeing a lawyer this week to see what my options are, but thought I might as well ask you guys if anyone had any advice?!

Thanks so much in advance for any responses!

Archived