Its the end of the road for us.

mr luvpants

Hi Guys

We started this visa journey 2 years ago when we visited my brother in NSW. My wife Lisa was a student nurse then and she did a placement at Wyong hospitable on the Central Coast whilst out there as part of her training. We both loved it and decided that we wanted to migrate.

Since then Lisa has graduated and we have had to put up with all the changes, the IELTS requirements for nurses and DIAC changing the conditions whenever it sees fit.

We managed to sell our house in December and are now in rented.

So we applied for our 176 on 8th January 2010 thinking nothing else could go wrong. But something major has happened and it is now the end of the visa application road for us and we are off...........

...... OFF TO AUSTRALIA AS TODAY WE HAVE BEEN GRANTED OUR VISA!!!!!:chatterbox:

Thank you for everyone's help on here especially Gill.I honestly could not have done it without you guys and I mean that. I did all the paperwork (with your help) and cant believe we got it so quickly. We have booked flights and we leave on Christmas day. We are flying to Brisbane and are looking to settle wherever Lisa gets a job.

Thanks guys and good luck to everyone still waiting.

JOHN AND LISA

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sh7t man no way

you got me there mate--till i got to the bottom of ya thread----well done you guys im so pleased for you---onward,and upward from now on.:wubclub:

WOW John that's fantastic news and quick quick !

Have been following your progress as you have been behind me all the way but now it seems you have pipped me to the post as I am still waiting to hear those golden words "applicant approved".Isn't it just amazing how some visas just fly out of DIAC in a blink of an eye whilst others are in sleep mode.......aw well good on you and all the best for your future plans.

WOW John that's fantastic news and quick quick !

Have been following your progress as you have been behind me all the way but now it seems you have pipped me to the post as I am still waiting to hear those golden words "applicant approved".Isn't it just amazing how some visas just fly out of DIAC in a blink of an eye whilst others are in sleep mode.......aw well good on you and all the best for your future plans.

Thanks everyone. Shirley we are hopefully going to end up near you so I will get the barbie warmed up!

JOHN

You bluming well had me going then john… I have Pomsinoz set on the smallest internet window as I’m at work so I kept scrolling thinking ‘oh my god whats happened’ and then I find it’s good news….!!!!! That was mean haha!

I’m so happy for you though… did you all get accepted even your eldest children?

Congratulations anyways :D

Guest VickyMel

Congratulations Mr Luvpants - all the best to you and Lisa.

Thanks for sharing your journey with us with your posts in PIO - I have enjoyed watching your progress and your help to others.

Good luck to you!

Vickymel

Guest guest17301

Sorry John I guessed even before I read the post! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Gotta be a record, thought mine was quick....how many weeks??

Good luck Lisa and John, hope it's all you wish for. Now you can concentrate on the finer details. Hope Christmas comes round quickly for you guys! Well done. xx

You bluming well had me going then john… I have Pomsinoz set on the smallest internet window as I’m at work so I kept scrolling thinking ‘oh my god whats happened’ and then I find it’s good news….!!!!! That was mean haha!

I’m so happy for you though… did you all get accepted even your eldest children?

Congratulations anyways :D

Thanks. We decided to get Ash her own visa and will be starting that soon. She is going travelling for a year as from November so by the time that is completed and she has been back to the UK to see her dad she should have it. She is a Hairdresser.

JOHN

Sorry John I guessed even before I read the post! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Gotta be a record, thought mine was quick....how many weeks??

Good luck Lisa and John, hope it's all you wish for. Now you can concentrate on the finer details. Hope Christmas comes round quickly for you guys! Well done. xx

Thanks Fiona

6 weeks and 5 days! And I was beginning to panic as we have already booked our flights!

JOHN

Guest Karen and Colin

Congratulations. My heart skipped a beat thinking something bad had happened. Well done, hope things go smoothly for you all.

Archived