Guest guest36187

14 hours ago, elnak said:

Tell you what.... no matter how well one prepares, something always changes. We completed form 80 almost 3 years ago with our application and low and behold, the whole format changed.!  xD Keeps us mentally fit all these forms.

Ain't that the truth, but at least we will have the info to hand..... this time next year it will all be behind us:jiggy: 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gafuk said:

Cannot do anything until January as second x-ray can’t be done until then.  Hopefully it’ll all be passed and visa granted soon after. We have accepted offer on our house so anticipate Feb / March completion . Just hope it all comes together like a Christmas dinner !  

Hope it goes well, fingers crossed for you both.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Not sure what you are asking us all?

are you the sponsor for your parents CPV143 application.?

As you have to have proof of income etc 

I am dependent child and I am settling stuff so...  How could I prove my dependcy? 

Arrived in Australia on 25/11 for 6 months and on the 28/11 we were asked to proceed with AOS , police checks and medicals ?. Now the fun starts just hope we have everything we need! Have booked our medicals in Brisbane for next week. Looking forward to meeting other members next week in Brisbane too ?

• Like 4

Just now, HarrisL16 said:

Arrived in Australia on 25/11 for 6 months and on the 28/11 we were asked to proceed with AOS , police checks and medicals ?. Now the fun starts just hope we have everything we need! Have booked our medicals in Brisbane for next week. Looking forward to meeting other members next week in Brisbane too ?

Wow that’s good with your application date only being April 15. ?? You are miles ahead ??

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Wow that’s good with your application date only being April 15. ?? You are miles ahead ??

Yes have just got internet etc. Sorted so haven't been on the site as much, I was watching out for Pertenhall to post as they are before us but might have missed that post. Will keep posting as things progress, hoping to apply for UK and Australian police checks this weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, HarrisL16 said:

Yes have just got internet etc. Sorted so haven't been on the site as much, I was watching out for Pertenhall to post as they are before us but might have missed that post. Will keep posting as things progress, hoping to apply for UK and Australian police checks this weekend. 

Super fast! No logic to this date lodged process thingamajig!!  Good luck???

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, HarrisL16 said:

Sadly no - we still haven't heard anything.  It really is so frustrating.  I'm sure it will happen soon - but in the meantime we wait, and wait, and wait ...........

It's good to see some are moving - just wish we could get started too!!

Edited by Pertenhall
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

Sadly no - we still haven't heard anything.  It really is so frustrating.  I'm sure it will happen soon - but in the meantime we wait, and wait, and wait ...........

It's good to see some are moving - just wish we could get started too!!

My friend lodged 25 Feb -she heard from Immi on Monday so shouldn’t be long for,you ??

i have visions of piles of dusty folders in a dark cavelike room somewhere in Perth 

case officer shuffles along the corridor and does eennie meenie Minnie mo !! 

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

GOOD NEWS.. CONGRATS.. LETS KEEP OUR FINGER CROSSED THAT EVERY THING WOULD GO SMOOTHLY WITH YOU... OUR'S IS ONLY 2 MONTH AWAY.. WAITING EAGERLY..

• Like 1

@Zaki

I think we are all battling to understand your real issue. What exactly is it you want to know? 

If you are not in Australia on a Permanent Resident visa or deemed by DIBP to have been "settled" permanent resident or citizen, you can not apply for sponsorship of parents.  That is my understanding of what you are asking?

@Kathss56

We are discussing this whole issue on a South African forum as well.

We are of the opinion that DIBP has introduced a new system where parents  still in the queue are being requested to PREPARE documents etc. well in advance. Perhaps a few of us are too close to the date when DIBP decided to change the procedure and we are still on the old system and get informed of having to submit docs , do medicals etc within 28 days? 

What are your views on that discussion? Any possibility that we could be right? People who are behind us in the queue have been "invited" to "prepare" documents, but we have been informed that we need to submit within 28 days. Huge difference in semantics there, right?

• Like 1

@Kathss56

I have just had a look at my own private list of parents in the queue which I painstakingly compiled from various sources and have come to the conclusion that all people who applied after 15 March 2015 will probably be "invited to prepare documents etc" while you and all of us in the queue before you will get the email requesting that we submit docs , medicals etc. within 28 days.  

That is just some vague suspicion that I have, nothing is from looking in my crystal ball or anything like that. Although, right now I so wish that I did have that ability.:laugh:

I am very grateful for this forum for all the support and advice and wish to thank each and everyone of you for all your help. Anyone on here heading for Brisbane / Queensland area?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, elnak said:

@Kathss56

I have just had a look at my own private list of parents in the queue which I painstakingly compiled from various sources and have come to the conclusion that all people who applied after 15 March 2015 will probably be "invited to prepare documents etc" while you and all of us in the queue before you will get the email requesting that we submit docs , medicals etc. within 28 days.  

That is just some vague suspicion that I have, nothing is from looking in my crystal ball or anything like that. Although, right now I so wish that I did have that ability.:laugh:

I am very grateful for this forum for all the support and advice and wish to thank each and everyone of you for all your help. Anyone on here heading for Brisbane / Queensland area?

Just done the test email and date hasnt moved! Still assessing at date 26 February 2015!

This at least is new I think ??

NEW ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION IN IMMIACCOUNT 

You can make a payment for a paper application prior to lodgement or pay an invoice for a visa yourself via ImmiAccounthttp://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Immi  You must either have or create your own ImmiAccount. Once the payment is made, you can attach a copy of your receipt to your application.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Just done the test email and date hasnt moved! Still assessing at date 26 February 2015!

This at least is new I think ??

NEW ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION IN IMMIACCOUNT 

You can make a payment for a paper application prior to lodgement or pay an invoice for a visa yourself via ImmiAccounthttp://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Immi  You must either have or create your own ImmiAccount. Once the payment is made, you can attach a copy of your receipt to your application.

Yes looks new. We shall see at the time when they ask for 2nd payment

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, elnak said:

@Kathss56

We are discussing this whole issue on a South African forum as well.

We are of the opinion that DIBP has introduced a new system where parents  still in the queue are being requested to PREPARE documents etc. well in advance. Perhaps a few of us are too close to the date when DIBP decided to change the procedure and we are still on the old system and get informed of having to submit docs , do medicals etc within 28 days? 

What are your views on that discussion? Any possibility that we could be right? People who are behind us in the queue have been "invited" to "prepare" documents, but we have been informed that we need to submit within 28 days. Huge difference in semantics there, right?

We were also wondering if they put extra staff in place ready for the new parent visa stampede they seem to think will happen!!

But as this hasn’t started yet they are using them elsewhere. 

One man’s guess is as good as another in this game ! ??

As long as it keeps this pace which is far better than last years up to now! But! I won’t hold my breath - I might die!!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, elnak said:

@Kathss56

Believe a few parents are meeting up in Brisbane soon whilst living there or are out on hols there now @Catlady2014

@AMP  etc 

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, elnak said:

@gafuk

Hope all will be sorted out and go well for you. 

How soon after you completed your medicals did you get the news about having to redo the x-rays if I may ask? And did they communicate with you directly or through the doctor who did the examination?

24hours

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2017 at 20:23, tabitha10 said:

So heads up....my daughter went into centerlink yesterday armed with all the paperwork and info...thought oh well have to wait possibly 3 months to hear anything and low and behold they called her this evening....yes this evening for the interview...everything was fine just wait for a letter to come to open the bank account...WOW just WOW.

That's amazing.

We have now entered our 8th week since submitting our AOS application. We have called centrelink 3 times and visited them twice since then. Zero updates since. Paying them another visit next Thursday. Unbelievably slow and inconsistent. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rahulshankar said:

That's amazing.

We have now entered our 8th week since submitting our AOS application. We have called centrelink 3 times and visited them twice since then. Zero updates since. Paying them another visit next Thursday. Unbelievably slow and inconsistent. 

Can I ask you what you said when you visited them? Were they any help?

• Like 1