Guest guest36187

Where did you hear that about 143's moving onto 103's? & the drastic fall in 143 applicants? a link would be useful.

Please go to the link given in my previous post.Feed the acknowledgement date of your 143 application , choose the visa type and click.It will show the number of applicants ahead of you in the queue. As a test case feed the date as 28 feb 2013, choose the visa type as 143 and see the results. I am not sure if the result shown is reckoned from the date of appointment of CO or with reference to acknowledgement date of the application itself.

With warm wishes

As per the information the average number of new Visa 143 applicants with effect from Jan 2013 is 150 per month. If this average continues then total number of 143 applicants during 2013 will be 1800 only. With introduction of 3 to 5 years tourist/family visa for parents in Visa 103 queue, I heard that many applicants in queue for 143 have switched over to 103. I am left wondering about the impact of all this on those who are still in queue for 143.Will it reduce the waiting time. One thing is clear that there is drastic fall in number of applicants for 143. Could it be because of GFC and rising AUD ? I would love to hear from others their take on this and their perspective on the situation. Queue link is given below. https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/qcalc/QDateAnswer.do

I didn't think the parent queue calculator applied to/works for the 143 but only the 103?

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/parent-visa-processing-priorities.htm#a

Edited by Linday

Hi All,

Dad emailed the parents email yesterday to see when they were currently looking at applications - came back with the automated reply saying they were looking at 173 applications lodged in November 2011.

He's feeling a bit dispondent about that, as although I did say it could take up to 18 months to get their visa, they really hoped to be out here by November 2013 (lodged in August 2012). Do we take this info with a pinch of salt? After all, I've seen some peoples timelines and it seems more likely that they could be out for November this year (so a 15 month timescale).

Any thoughts from anyone currently allocated a CO?

Thanks!

Hi All,

Dad emailed the parents email yesterday to see when they were currently looking at applications - came back with the automated reply saying they were looking at 173 applications lodged in November 2011.

He's feeling a bit dispondent about that, as although I did say it could take up to 18 months to get their visa, they really hoped to be out here by November 2013 (lodged in August 2012). Do we take this info with a pinch of salt? After all, I've seen some peoples timelines and it seems more likely that they could be out for November this year (so a 15 month timescale).

Any thoughts from anyone currently allocated a CO?

Thanks!

G'Day

I don't want to be depressing, but it does seem, if you look at Steve's tracker (http://www.chireckles.com/cpv/tracker.php), that the time has lengthened a bit, to 440–460 days, as compared with our own 315 days for the 173 stage.

It's well worth keeping an eye on this tracker – haven't seen much reference to it on here recently; maybe newer members don't know about it.

Good luck, Mike

well ive trawled through pages and pages and cannot get a definite answer..... sooooooo who did you get to certify your documents ??? how much did it cost ??

thanks a bunch

Tab x

You can ask solicitor (probably most expensive!), doctor (or ditto), or anyone else who is an official or is on a public register of some sort – clergyman, etc, etc. I think we asked the pharmacist in the chemists' just over the road, and it cost about £30 if I recall correctly.

Good luck, Mike

We went to the local magistrates court and got a court official to certify deed poll documents and a copy of one passport, but for birth certs. etc and the routine ID docs we didnt get anyone to certify them - as they are clearly labelled 'this is a certified copy of .....' Please someone tell me I havent dropped a clanger.

I understood they all had to be stamped & signed "certified". Mine went to a solicitor- very reasonable cost, £5 for the first& £2 each for subsequent docs- did have to ring around a few though, some solicitors think their 10 minutes is worth a fortune!

We went to the local magistrates court and got a court official to certify deed poll documents and a copy of one passport, but for birth certs. etc and the routine ID docs we didnt get anyone to certify them - as they are clearly labelled 'this is a certified copy of .....' Please someone tell me I havent dropped a clanger.

As I understand it, that's fine IF they are "original" copies – not photocopies of the official copies.

Mike

Thank you Mike&Sue for the info! I read and re-read the blurb before we sent everything off but still had a bit of a panic when I read recent posts about certification. Ours were original copies supplied by the registry office.

The copies we got were very reasonable - about a tenner each, but quite long winded - ordered online and took about two weeks or so to arrive. You can order express but of course that bumps up the price.

Anyone in the same boat as us re: name change, if you have changed your name by deed poll, we went along to the magistrates court and had it ceritfied by a court official, got a copy of the passport certified at the same time to be on the safe side.

Thanks again Mike & Sue, for putting my mind at rest :-)

Question for Alan, if you are out there - I am wondering whether I ought to stress about getting acknowledgement of our application as my daughter sent it recorded delivery from Sydney about seven weeks ago, with a money order (so no tracking via visa bills possible). Is it normal to fork over £2000 and not get a receipt?

Thanks Alan or anyone else who has info.

Question for Alan, if you are out there - I am wondering whether I ought to stress about getting acknowledgement of our application as my daughter sent it recorded delivery from Sydney about seven weeks ago, with a money order (so no tracking via visa bills possible). Is it normal to fork over £2000 and not get a receipt?

Hi Fisher1,

I had applied around 70 days back and not yet received my acknowledgement. But I inquired to parent visa center and they said they had already dispatched the acknowledgement on 29th of March. So you need not worry about it. Things are getting delayed it seems. Good luck.

Blueray

A quick reply from me, as I'm on holiday!

PVC service standards seem to have fallen off a cliff recently, so probably not worth worrying unduly.

If the application was sent by Registered Post your daughter should be able to confirm its safe delivery via her local Australia Post outlet; we tend to send applications within Aus by Express Post Platinum so we can check delivery online.

Best regards.

In 3 weeks time we are heading back to the UK for a 7 week stay, the first visit since we arrived her 2.5 years ago. I'm pretty sure that we can receive the enhanced state pension for the time we are on UK soil and I wonder whether anyone has done this. I realise that the amount we receive will be hardly worth the effort but it's the *****ation factor that I 'm interested in.

Cath

Hi cathntone

I found references to this on the ukgov site (googled frozen pensions) but they only talk about coming back to live in the UK. However, there is a web site that I have quoted on here before and cant now find (!) focussing on issues arising from frozen pensions. I know I read on this site that you can claim an anhanced pension for every day you spend in any country that has a reciprocal agreement with the UK and they advise you to take every possible opportunity to claim what you are owed, on principle. I'll have another look and post the website here if I can find it - might be in my profile.

I wrote to my MP a while ago asking if there was any chance the 'frozen' pension would change for parents going to join their children in Oz given that the UK has a reciprical agreement and UK residents emigrating to EU Countries don't have to suffer the 'frozen pension'.

She passed it onto the 'Minister for Work & Pensions' I got a reply from the House of Commons to say they had no intentions of changing

the 'frozen' pension policy in the foreseeable future.......no surprise there then :swoon:

Phoebe

Hi cathntone

I found references to this on the ukgov site (googled frozen pensions) but they only talk about coming back to live in the UK. However, there is a web site that I have quoted on here before and cant now find (!) focussing on issues arising from frozen pensions. I know I read on this site that you can claim an anhanced pension for every day you spend in any country that has a reciprocal agreement with the UK and they advise you to take every possible opportunity to claim what you are owed, on principle. I'll have another look and post the website here if I can find it - might be in my profile.