Guest guest36187

Thanks for that Dave :biggrin:

Did you withdraw the 103 before/after or at the same time as you applied for 143? It's deffinatly a route I'm considering :yes:

Phoebe

Phoebe

You withdraw it at the same time, it is a section on the application that withdraws any other applications you may have. The application form is the same for both visas. You do not have to resubmit the certified documentation unless there have been any changes to circumstances. I just sent an e- mail to them asking what they wanted from me to change and I got a detailed reply back

Dave

Guest Deweki

Hi all,

I'm new here, but I have a problem that really troubles us. Please give us some advices, experiences and inputs.

My parent has 3 children, two elder sisters and me. One of my sisters is living in Oz now, she's an Oz citizen for several years. I myself is just granted Permanent Resident visa, and I plan to come over Oz for 1 week to validate that visa next month, then coming back Canada as I am working here. We want to apply parent contributory visa for our parent, my sister is sponsor. But we don't know if we can pass the Balance of Family test, since I don't live in Australia, eventhough I have Australia permanent resident visa. We have asked 2 agents, one of them say no problem, but the other say can not, they said I have to stay in Australia during my parent visa processing time (1, 2 years), to prove I am a "usual resident in Australia". Is it necessary??

We are really stressed now, and don't know weather I need to go and stay in Australia in order to apply the PR for our parent!!!

Hi all,

I'm new here, but I have a problem that really troubles us. Please give us some advices, experiences and inputs.

My parent has 3 children, two elder sisters and me. One of my sisters is living in Oz now, she's an Oz citizen for several years. I myself is just granted Permanent Resident visa, and I plan to come over Oz for 1 week to validate that visa next month, then coming back Canada as I am working here. We want to apply parent contributory visa for our parent, my sister is sponsor. But we don't know if we can pass the Balance of Family test, since I don't live in Australia, eventhough I have Australia permanent resident visa. We have asked 2 agents, one of them say no problem, but the other say can not, they said I have to stay in Australia during my parent visa processing time (1, 2 years), to prove I am a "usual resident in Australia". Is it necessary??

We are really stressed now, and don't know weather I need to go and stay in Australia in order to apply the PR for our parent!!!

Have a look at Booklet 3 on parent migration

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books3.htm

This states that eligible children need to be usually resident in Australia. I am not sure how you would prove this if you have never actually lived there. I don't know if there is any way around this. Maybe speak to a reputable MARA registered agent such as Alan Collett.

Hi all,

Hi

Welcome to the forum. You will get the advice you need here.

As I understand it your parents pass the balance of family test because they now have 2 out if their 3 children as permanent residents, however both the children living in Australia have to prove they are 'settled'. This means you have to show you have a job, a property either mortgage or rental etc so if you are not living in Australia I don't believe your parents would qualify

Im sure people with more knowledge will confirm or correct this information.

Phoebe

Hey Mike and Sue

Yeah it was lovely to meet you all and we look forward to meeting up again before you return to England. Best wishes tp Pam amd John and also John and Eirian ( lovely name) who are on the cusp of getting a CO.

Marian and Ian

At last we're flying to Sydney next Thursday to validate our visa, arrange Medicare, order a car, etc., etc.

We'd love to meet some of you Sydneysiders to pick your brains and compare notes.

As you organised the last team meeting, Marian, any change of repeating it between 18 June and 25 June? We fly back to clear the house, etc on 10 July, hoping to return for good by the end of September.

Fingers crossed.

Really looking forward to meeting some of you soon.

John & Eirian

Guest Cathwotherspoon

Hi all

Just wondering how long it takes to get an acknowledgement of the visa application. My daughter sent my 173 application in - from Mackay - about 3 weeks ago.

Already getting impatient lol............. I realise it doesn't happen overnight. The first step in a long process but I am so excited now and planning ahead.

Thanks, Cath

At last we're flying to Sydney next Thursday to validate our visa, arrange Medicare, order a car, etc., etc.

We'd love to meet some of you Sydneysiders to pick your brains and compare notes.

As you organised the last team meeting, Marian, any change of repeating it between 18 June and 25 June? We fly back to clear the house, etc on 10 July, hoping to return for good by the end of September.

Fingers crossed.

John & Eirian

Unfortunately not for us in June, but we are planning to get to Sydney (with our 143s in our pockets!) in early October, so we're up for it after that.

Mike and Sue

Hi all

Just wondering how long it takes to get an acknowledgement of the visa application. My daughter sent my 173 application in - from Mackay - about 3 weeks ago.

Already getting impatient lol............. I realise it doesn't happen overnight. The first step in a long process but I am so excited now and planning ahead.

Thanks, Cath

G'Day Cath

As you'll see from our sign-off, they took six weeks to send the acknowledgement of our 173>143 application, but that included the Christmas and New Year period. You should be hearing soon, I reckon; maybe make a phone call if you hear nothing after a month, but you may not get very far without a reference number to quote.

Remember, though, that the "acknowledgement date" may well be backdated when you do eventually hear.

Mike

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get a Case Officer after the email advising you to have medicals, police checks and arrange the AOS? The email said we'd be allocated a CO shortly. That was approx 4 weeks ago. I'll be chewing down to my elbows soon! I wake up every morning desperate to get online to check And the nerves are starting to get to me! I know it will happen soon, but forgive my impatience. This is a long old road to travel!

Good luck on your own journeys.

Kim

Hi all

Thanks, Cath

Hi Cath, check to see if they've taken the first application charge, at least then you'll know they've received it o.k. Ours was taken 2-3 weeks before we received the acknowledgement letter.

Val

• Like 1

To John and Eirian, Good luck next week. How exciting!!

Just wanted to say you'll love meeting Marian and Ian, they gave us so many 'insights' as to the whys wheres and whens. (Even though we aren't putting them to use .....YET!!!!)

When you return and get to meet Mike and Sue, again lovely people and so helpful.

Have a great few weeks, I'm sure you'll get everything done!

If you are settled in November, I will be there for new granddaughters arrival and would love to meet for coffee if you are anywhere near?

Speak nearer the time.

Cheers Pam

• Like 1

To John and Eirian, Good luck next week. How exciting!!

Just wanted to say you'll love meeting Marian and Ian, they gave us so many 'insights' as to the whys wheres and whens. (Even though we aren't putting them to use .....YET!!!!)

When you return and get to meet Mike and Sue, again lovely people and so helpful.

Have a great few weeks, I'm sure you'll get everything done!

If you are settled in November, I will be there for new granddaughters arrival and would love to meet for coffee if you are anywhere near?

Speak nearer the time.

Cheers Pam

Thanks Pam, and also Mike & Sue.

It sounds like this is a club that will run and run.

We're really excited at the prospect of meeting so many friendly and helpful people; in some ways it feels like we know you already.

Your advice and support has taken away a lot of the loneliness waiting for that 143!

John & Eirian

Fingers crossed.

John & Eirian

Hi guys, congratulations on getting your Visa - don't forget to update the tracker so that we can all move up the list - and you get a big red star - you've earned it!

Although we'll be based in Brisbane we will be regular visitors to Sydney where our son lives so please can we join your group and come to play sometimes??? :wink:

We'll be over in September hopefully!

Have a safe flight.

All the best, Val and Matt x

Hi guys, congratulations on getting your Visa - don't forget to update the tracker so that we can all move up the list - and you get a big red star - you've earned it!

Although we'll be based in Brisbane we will be regular visitors to Sydney where our son lives so please can we join your group and come to play sometimes??? :wink:

We'll be over in September hopefully!

Have a safe flight.

All the best, Val and Matt x

Thanks, Val & Matt.

We updated the tracker the day we heard that our visa was granted!

Great to hear that you'll be visiting Sydney as well and that you'd like to come and play.

I heard that there is an extra subscription charge for foreigners, but maybe that's not true! :wink:

John & Eirian

Thanks, Val & Matt.

We updated the tracker the day we heard that our visa was granted!

Great to hear that you'll be visiting Sydney as well and that you'd like to come and play.

I heard that there is an extra subscription charge for foreigners, but maybe that's not true! :wink:

John & Eirian

Haha! but if the subscription is a schooner and a glass of vino count us in! Whereabouts in Sydney are you planning to live?

Just had a look at the tracker and I don't think its me but it shows you as still waiting..........???????? and others too which I think must have got their visas by now.

The last visa to be on the visa granted list is early April. Am I doing something wrong?

Val x :frown:

Haha! but if the subscription is a schooner and a glass of vino count us in! Whereabouts in Sydney are you planning to live?

Just had a look at the tracker and I don't think its me but it shows you as still waiting..........???????? and others too which I think must have got their visas by now.

The last visa to be on the visa granted list is early April. Am I doing something wrong?

OK Val, I think we're both right.

Technically, we don't get our visa until we arrive in Oz on 16 June, one month before our medicals date expires. However, our email giving us the good news was about a month ago.

Makes sense? What does anyway.

All that matters is that whheeeyyyyyy!

J & E x

PS Look at the waiting list!

Only 4 days before our removal men arrive and the house contract still not signed!!! so getting a bit concerned as we are heading off to Sydney on the 24thJune.

G'Day

We wish you the best of luck. Scary, hectic time, isn't it? We have the shippers in this week too – but in our case (sorry if it sounds we're upstaging you!) our buyers insisted on Completion next Monday, as they are homeless two days later. We'd have preferred a week or so more – but, then, the sorting and chucking would probably simply have expanded to fill the time available – someone or other's Law!

After that we're taking it a bit easier, though, as we're spending the summer (eh? what summer?) in our motorhome – appropriately, a Hymer "Tramp" – before heading for Oz in September.

Mike & Sue

Hi all

Its great to hear of people moving over. I have had an offer on my flat, from my neighbour, but I have not decided whether I will rent for a year or sell before I go, but it certainly makes it easier for me, although we havent talked a price yet. Can people recommend some removers. I think I will start getting quotes in. Although it seems a long time before I move over, I am planning end November I dont want a rush at the end and because I sent in a paper application I cant get my medicals done until I get a case officer because I need a number that only she can give me.

Hoping everything goes smoothly for everyone

Best wishes

Moira

Hi all

I am planning end November I dont want a rush at the end and because I sent in a paper application I cant get my medicals done until I get a case officer because I need a number that only she can give me.

Best wishes

Moira

Not true, Moira.

We did a paper application too (Feb 2011), and had our medicals done in July last year in Cardiff. They sent the medicals on without any reference number from a Case Officer. In fact, we didn't get our CO until Spring this year. We did them early because we wanted to make sure we didn't fall at the last hurdle.

All the best.

John & Eirian

We're going to start looking in Manly if we can even get close to the house/apartment/unit prices there. After that, no idea!

John & Eirian

G'Day

We wish you the best of luck. Scary, hectic time, isn't it? We have the shippers in this week too – but in our case (sorry if it sounds we're upstaging you!) our buyers insisted on Completion next Monday, as they are homeless two days later. We'd have preferred a week or so more – but, then, the sorting and chucking would probably simply have expanded to fill the time available – someone or other's Law!

Mike & Sue

Congratulations, Mike & Sue; well deserved!

Your contributions to this forum have been invaluable.

See ya'll this Spring in Sydney.

John & Eirian

Hi all

Can people recommend some removers. I think I will start getting quotes in.

Best wishes

Moira

Having studied this forum closely, we got quotes from John Mason, White & Co and Doree Bonner. We selected the latter because they seemed to have the best links in Sydney, where we intend to store our stuff for about six months. I got a lot of good advice from their Sydney people about fumigation, gamma irradiation, etc.

All three seemed good, tyhough.

John & Eirian

Having studied this forum closely, we got quotes from John Mason, White & Co and Doree Bonner. We selected the latter because they seemed to have the best links in Sydney, where we intend to store our stuff for about six months. I got a lot of good advice from their Sydney people about fumigation, gamma irradiation, etc.

All three seemed good, tyhough.

John & Eirian

Oops, sorry!

Here's the link

"http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/112260-shipping-cost-top-8-companies-hope-helps.html"

Good luck.

John & Eirian

Edited by JohnandEirian
truncated text