Guest guest36187

4 hours ago, sh aron said:

Hi 

just a quick question when visa 143 is granted it says no condition but I have been told by few people it has condition of living 2 years.Has anyone got any idea?

Thanks 

It’s permanent but you have to move there within five years. If you stick on a PR and want to leave the country you have to get a  RRV. If you’ve been in Oz for at least 2 years you’ll get a 5 year RRV, if not only a one year one. Wonder if that’s where the mix up re condition of living there has come from. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sh aron said:

just a quick question when visa 143 is granted it says no condition but I have been told by few people it has condition of living 2 years.Has anyone got any idea?

@sh aron, the 143 is a "permanent" visa, which means that once you settle in Australia, you can stay there permanently.  However that doesn't mean you can travel in and out of the country forever, and if you leave the country for too long, you may not be allowed to return.

When you get a permanent visa, you get a 5-year "travel facility" with it. That means you are free to travel in and out as often as you like.  Every 5 years, you must apply to renew the travel facility (it's called a RRV).   To be eligible for the RRV, you must have lived in Australia for at least 2 years out of the previous 5 years (every time).   So yes, there is a 2 year condition, which never goes away.

If you don't want to go through that rigmarole then the solution is to apply for citizenship as soon as you're eligible to do so.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi folks, 

can anyone please share any experiences of outcomes of medicals if one has had a heart attack in the past. What are the likelihood of passing the medicals? Do you know of someone who has passed/failed health check with a heart attack history. Unfortunately, my mother (whom we have this applied 143 visa for) had a scary heart attack whilst on visitor visa last month. Whilst it stressed us all out, luckily she did not need any stents/by pass surgery and her heart function is not at a level of any concern which means we are hoping the long term prognosis is positive; however it has got me concerned re the outcome of medicals in due course. My mother has never had any other medical history, is still in her late 50’s so it all came as a shock to us and being the only child, I am really stressed at the prospects of the 143 visa. I understand the medical officer would test her condition against costings over 10 years. Would love to hear people’s experiences and if they can share anything relevant based on medical outcomes of similar heart conditions that they may be aware of? 

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks very much.

13 hours ago, dj cat 5 said:

Hi folks, 

can anyone please share any experiences of outcomes of medicals if one has had a heart attack in the past. What are the likelihood of passing the medicals? Do you know of someone who has passed/failed health check with a heart attack history. Unfortunately, my mother (whom we have this applied 143 visa for) had a scary heart attack whilst on visitor visa last month. Whilst it stressed us all out, luckily she did not need any stents/by pass surgery and her heart function is not at a level of any concern which means we are hoping the long term prognosis is positive; however it has got me concerned re the outcome of medicals in due course. My mother has never had any other medical history, is still in her late 50’s so it all came as a shock to us and being the only child, I am really stressed at the prospects of the 143 visa. I understand the medical officer would test her condition against costings over 10 years. Would love to hear people’s experiences and if they can share anything relevant based on medical outcomes of similar heart conditions that they may be aware of? 

Thanks very much.

https://visamedicalassociates.com/index.html

Maybe make enquiry of Dr Martha Baz here?

Best regards.

On 29/02/2020 at 21:09, dj cat 5 said:

Hi folks, 

Thanks very much.

Anyone else have any experiences to share? Would really appreciate hearing people’s stories tht may be relevant.

Thanks alot,

DJ

25 minutes ago, Bishoy95 said:

I just saw this on the Visa tracker website but I am not sure if this is 100% true though. @canemk 

Correction: Sorry i am not sure if that's April or May 😕

image.png

It’s April,it defaults to filling the date in that format. You have to manually change it to read the normal way 

• Sad 1

On 29/02/2020 at 22:09, dj cat 5 said:

Hi folks, 

Thanks very much.

My advice is don't stress, I personally have known two cases, one not 143 but PR visa was delayed due to surgery/pacemaker, and had a 10 year cost assessment done and the lawyer presented a very strong case, after multiple rejections before, I too helped out by providing an affidavit of some sort. Finally was granted. Second case was 143 and granted. My advise is think outside the box, if not 143, maybe the 3 year or 5 year visa? hope this helps, All the best.

22 hours ago, lecher said:

My advice is don't stress, I personally have known two cases, one not 143 but PR visa was delayed due to surgery/pacemaker, and had a 10 year cost assessment done and the lawyer presented a very strong case, after multiple rejections before, I too helped out by providing an affidavit of some sort. Finally was granted. Second case was 143 and granted. My advise is think outside the box, if not 143, maybe the 3 year or 5 year visa? hope this helps, All the best.

Thanks a ton. To hear about the two cases is encouraging and a little assuring. Its tough to consider other options when you have put all your hope into being united with your parents especially being the only child. But really appreciate you sharing this. Thanks

Can anyone advice if only one parent can apply/migrate under the aged contributory visa? Do you have to demonstrate and convince DHA as to why the second parent is not applying? My father in law who is living separately (but not divorced) from my mother in law would like to apply - want to understand if it is not seen in good light by DHA or other things to consider? What documentation may be required for the question as to why your partner is not joining you?

Thanks

15 hours ago, dj cat 5 said:

Can anyone advice if only one parent can apply/migrate under the aged contributory visa? Do you have to demonstrate and convince DHA as to why the second parent is not applying? My father in law who is living separately (but not divorced) from my mother in law would like to apply - want to understand if it is not seen in good light by DHA or other things to consider? What documentation may be required for the question as to why your partner is not joining you?

Thanks

They ask the question why partner not emigrating in the application form. See below F907B0FE-F416-4B8A-9F79-3407CB37F01C.thumb.png.4e10da0ec70c84581ce1fd144d0e53cf.png

I was reading an article in The Guardian by Labor Shadow Home Affairs minister Kristina Kennelly. Although the article is mainly talking about visitor visas and asylum claims from Chinese,  one point  she makes sounds like it may  have a potential effect on those on bridging visas for 804 and 864 applicants  

The article says:-

Since taking on the home affairs portfolio, Keneally has been targeting minister Peter Dutton over plane arrivals and the growing number of temporary migrants in Australiasaying their number has doubled since 2007 to 1 million people, or 4% of the population.

A large cohort of this is the more than 216,000 people on bridging visas in Australia, with the majority of those waiting for the department of home affairs to process their visa applications.

Obviously some of these will also be partners I think but Im aware they tried to stop 804 a few years ago before having to reintroduce it but given that Australia is trying to reduce immigration - particularly of older people - I wonder whether there will be a further attempt to make everything off shore applications in the future.

Its a self replicating problem though because the more time people have to wait for their visas the more they will try vis other routes. If the wait time is 30 years at least they’re onshore and can even work and get reciprocal health cover so if that’s available why pay big bucks and wait years offshore?? 

The govt may in the end decide only contributory offshore visas are allowed - I can’t see it being retrospective if they did that as they would have to deport thousands of older people!!

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/mar/06/keneally-says-surge-in-visitors-on-tourist-visas-claiming-asylum-exposes-dire-system?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX0d1YXJkaWFuVG9kYXlBVVMtMjAwMzA2&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=GTAU_email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayAUS

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

They ask the question why partner not emigrating in the application form. See below F907B0FE-F416-4B8A-9F79-3407CB37F01C.thumb.png.4e10da0ec70c84581ce1fd144d0e53cf.png

Thanks for sharing this. Apologies, should have framed my question better - just want to understand whether you have to prove the reason you give. For example, is it just a matter of stating that they are living separately, or for instance under ‘other’, the mother-in-law would prefer to stay with my wife’s step brother who is well settled in India whereas my father-in-law would rather be with my wife as his relations are strained. Is it just a case os stating facts or proving them too? And does the department generally have objections when only one parent applies?

Thanks a lot