Guest guest36187

1 hour ago, LindaH27 said:

The figure of 50000 includes  ALL contributory parent types so  I can’t see how that queue (864,884,173,143) as a whole would be longer?  It would still move at the same pace, it just means all applications being dealt with in strict date  order. But to do that they have to bring 173  and 143 applicants up to the same date as 884/864 - January 2017 so 173 and 143 applicants up to January 2017 could actually move a little quicker rather than prioritising 864/884 ? 

Yes I understand some post  January 2017 864 applicants may wait longer but it now appears they have had quicker processing in the past  - almost  2 years ahead of 173 and 143  and also had the benefit of living in Australia with their families whilst waiting  

The same criteria is being applied to the non contributory queue as well 804 and 103

Immi appear to be working towards a level playing field for all applications  and as you say, the queue will be fairer for all  

Meant longer wait for the 864 visa

the best thing to happen would be for honest waiting times on government web sites, when we applied for the 864 in March 2017 it was supposed to be a 1 year wait. Joke or a downright lie?

Hope everyone gets their visas sooner than later 

my time line

864 visa changed to different 143 visa for 410 visa holders 

PR granted a few months later

Edited by ramot

I am an active 73 year old pom, who wants to move to be with a son and his family in Australia, leaving two children behind who also have families.  I am so unsure of what Visa to apply for.  After wading through many I have come across a few that, possibly fit.  Please can I have feedback?

1)Visa subclass 870
this one you can stay  >5years for $au 10K. Proccessing about 66 days

1.a) I also heard / read that you may be able to extend this to 10 years but can find no info on this extension.

1,b)  I can only find an Australian telephone number of 0261960196 [Mon-Fri 0900-1700h]

2) There are also permanent Visa subclass 143 This is Contributory Parent Visa This one I pay $au 47,755.  Processing is about 22 months
This I can this after home sale.  
Plus it state's that I have to have more children in Oz.  Maybe when the time comes I will have more children as my daughter and her family are considering it

3) There is an subclass 804 visa Aged Parent 

4) and 864 visa Contributory aged parent. Child acts as sponcer

5) There is a temporary Visa 173
I can then apply for terminate residency (assistance to support) 

Please HELP

ALSO
I find the immi form that needs to be filled in so very concussing, is there a paper hard copy I have overlooked ?

Thank you to all those who help me
Angel

Based on your post I think you might have a problem with the balance of family test:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/contributory-aged-parent-864/balance-of-family-test

Do you agree?

Note there is no balance of family requirement for the 870 visa, but there is no automatic pathway to permanent residency from an 870.

Best regards.

• Like 1

1) 870 is taking considerably longer than 66 days! Look on other topic in 870 timelines - 

2) 143 wait times have blown out. An application today is  likely to take 6/8 years or more They are only dealing with December 2015 applications at present. 

Balance of family is rigorously  enforced and I think (though not sure)  it applies on Application and not when being  processed 

3) 804 will allow you to stay In Australia on a  Bridging visa but the wait times for that visa  are around 30 years  and you would  have to entirely self fund and have full private health insurance which is expensive. 

4) 864 visas will take the same time as 143 but you can be in Australia  on a bridging visa but again need self funding and health insurance. 

5) 173 takes same wait roughly as 143. It’s valid for 2 years then You have to apply for 143  permanent visa. 

Cost is more than 143 as you are allowed to split the cost but pay more for it in the end

You need a sponsor for all of them who have to have a certain residency and income.  

Sorry to sound negative but there are 50000 parents waiting  in the queue who have learnt that their wait times are not the 18-24 months they were told but  are actually years now.  The  Australian govt had also reduced the amount of visas it will grant - less than 6000 a year for paid contributory visas (173, 143 and 864 ) and 1300 for non Paid visas 804

you would also have to pass a medical as Australia does not  want old people who will cost them or the taxpayer money to look after them. 

It's very much a waiting game at present.  If you look at the timelines under posts you will see how long people are waiting 

Edited by LindaH27
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Joey123 said:

Hi, I am just wondering, can a panel doctor that conducts health examinations who is appointed overseas by the Australian government be eligible to sign a Commonwealth Statutory Declaration? 

Would them being appointed mean that they have a connection to Australia? Would they be registered in Australia wherever they may be around the world?  Here is the website to make more sense of having a (connection to Australia) https://www.ag.gov.au/Publications/Statutory-declarations/Pages/who-can-witness-your-statutory-declaration.aspx

Thank you

Joey

You should also try Australian embassy. They should be able to provide this service for a fee.

On 27/10/2019 at 00:21, LindaH27 said:

Ooh some interesting news from the test email.now working  on December 2015 but the very  interesting bit is what follows

We have identified some discrepancies in processing times between offshore and onshore visas in both Parent and Contributory Parent categories and are taking action to correct them.

* Onshore Contributory Parent (UU884 and DG864) visa subclasses have been assessed up to January 2017. Onshore Contributory Parent visas lodged from January 2017 onwards are likely to take longer to process while we action offshore Contributory Parent (CA143 and TU173) applications to bring the dates back to parity.
** Onshore Aged Parent (BP804) visas have been assessed up to Queued Date of May 2012. Onshore Aged Parent applications with a Queued Date of May 2012 onwards are likely to take longer to process while we action offshore Parent (AX103) applications to bring the dates back to parity.

This looks like good news for the 143 visa applicants as it seems to imply  that they will be bringing the 143 into line with the 864 applications which have been assessed up to January 2017! 

I wonder if this is a new change though as aligning the on and off shore visas timing was mentioned in Go Matilda's blog from Feb 2018

https://www.gm-parent-visas.com/subclass-864-visa-applications-going-nowhere-fast/

Since I started checking the test email at the start of the year 143 has progressed from July 2015 to December 2015 (6 months) and 864 from October 2016 to January 2017 (4 months) so if there has been no recent change and it's just Immigration now deciding to inform people, it could just be that they have been slowing down the processing of 864 visas over the last year rather than stopping processing them entirely. That might just be my wishful thinking though!

It would be great to hear from some of the migration agents on this forum on whether this is a new or old change

That blog referred to 864 visas being brought in line with 143 — ie taking longer but apparently they appear to have prioritised them instead and ended up doing this to the extent that 864 were being processed 2 years before equivalent date of 173 and 143 Applications   So now immi are trying to bring 143 up to same date as 864 as there should be no prioritising one type of visa over another. Immi have said that post January 2017 864 applicants will now have to wait until 143 applicants reach that date then both will move forward in strict date order.of application.  

11 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

That blog referred to 864 visas being brought in line with 143 — ie taking longer but apparently they appear to have prioritised them instead and ended up doing this to the extent that 864 were being processed 2 years before equivalent date of 173 and 143 Applications   So now immi are trying to bring 143 up to same date as 864 as there should be no prioritising one type of visa over another. Immi have said that post January 2017 864 applicants will now have to wait until 143 applicants reach that date then both will move forward in strict date order.of application.  

Until a couple of years ago subclass 864 visa applications were always processed much quicker than subclass 143s.  

Indeed, I recall a time when 864s were granted in 3 months when 143s were taking 15 months.   Those were the days ...

In late 2017 (just under 2 years ago) we at Go Matilda Visas noted that the processing time for 864s had stalled.   I made enquiry of the PVC, and was told that a decision had been made to equalise the processing time of 864s with 143s.   Apparently the rationale was that 864 applicants have bridging visas so can remain in Australia, unlike most 143 applicants, who until the 870 subclass was introduced had to remain offshore for an extended period.

This of course completely disregards issues such as the desire of subclass 864 visa applicants to buy property in Australia and to have the comfort of full Medicare.

I invited the PVC to make this known more widely, as it was a significant change affecting onshore Aged CP visa applicants.   Nothing was communicated externally, so I wrote the blog referenced above.

And now - at last and somewhat later than would have been desirable - the PVC has published what many of us have known for a long time.

Whether this is fair and reasonable depends on your perspective.   If you are an 864 visa applicant who had reasonable expectations of 15 to 18 months for the processing of your visa application learning of a processing time that is going to be 5+ years is a shock, and for most is majorly unwelcome.

As I have said several times before, while there is no requirement on the part of the Australian Government to do anything halfway reasonable in setting expectations on the part of those wanting to move to Australia the Department is being misleading (at best) by providing information as to processing times.   These timelines are for applications that were lodged in the past.   Unless one wants to dive into Freedom of Information requests there is no meaningful information available on the DoHA website that advises how long one should reasonably expect if a visa application is submitted today.

Surely it is not beyond the wit of someone with influence at the Department to provide a reasonable estimate (with suitable caveats) that says we have x visa applications under subclass lodged as at (say) 1 October 2019.    We will grant y visas for 2019/20 for this subclass.

Applicants can then make an informed decision and have expectations reasonably set as to roughly how long it will take for an application to be decided.

Onwards and upwards!

Best wishes to all!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @Alan Collett for the explanation. As you say,  it does depend on the applicants perspective!  143 applicants were unable to move to Australia to spend the wait time with their families and purchase property and have cover with  Medicare  unlike 864 and although this year 870 visas became available, some may not have the finances to apply for them as money is needed for the 2nd vac or their sponsor fails to meet requirements . Also a lot of 143 applicants wouldn’t meet the age criteria for 864. But they will definitely be getting a lot older whilst they are waiting!

It does now seem a fairer way of dealing with applications especially as immi keep saying don’t ask for compassionate help to speed up applications as we are dealing with them in “strict date order”. Many 143 applicants are also getting a big shock at the length of time they are potentially waiting for, as in a similar way to 864, they had expectations of 18-24 months

Lets just agree that immi could do more to be open about current planning levels and that emigrating to Australia is very difficult and all applicants need to be prepared for the long haul!! 

• Like 3

Hello to all again, just a quick question my daughter and hubby had Centrelink interviews yesterday all good sending the acceptance letter

after the $14000 bond is paid what will be the  balance the second vac which has to be paid for myself and my wife ,I had all this on a file on my laptop can’t find it now  

applied 143 mid nov 2015 

Regards to all

On 06/09/2019 at 15:26, rajk said:

Hi All , any idea how long it will take for 2nd vac request 

I dont know how to add signature 

Applied 143 3/0ct/2015

Request for further documents 22/7/2019

Medical , form 80 and Aos done with approval 29/8/2019

Now waiting for 2nd VAC request 

Hlo @rajk did you get visa...?

3 hours ago, kimboslice said:

Hi David

Slight  problem with medical so it’s holding the visa up at the moment, fingers crossed 🙏

Mark

Sorry to hear you've hit a snag.  Hope everything gets sorted soon.  We are flying out next Tuesday - can't believe it is actually happening!  Good luck.  Hope to see you when you get there finally.

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 1

1 minute ago, Pertenhall said:

Sorry to hear you've hit a snag.  Hope everything gets sorted soon.  We are flying out next Tuesday - can't believe it is actually happening!  Good luck.  Hope to see you when you get there finally.

Next tuesday wow, all the very best after such a long and stressfull journey, we will definatly have that coffee at moffatt beach. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pertenhall said:

Have a good flight and all the best in the future 🎉🎉😎😎

• Like 2