Guest guest36187

For those who asked...

600 granted in 3 days but does have the dreaded condition Only 12months stay in any 18months!

very disappointed as I know others who do not have this condition 

I have private income, lump,sum no health conditions 

this means if I go in June, my 143 will have to come through in about 38months which is cutting it fine with current processing times which could get longer!

I said Yes to requiring multiple entries as I want to come back to UK twice next year, am thinking if you put No would it have made a difference?!

oh well fingers crossed for my 143 visa peocessed in 38months then it is !

Edited by Kathss56
  • Thanks 1

My daughter is sponsoring me but it seems as though her partner and child are taken into account when working out income requirements. Is this correct  as I thought it would be based  just on her income as she is the assurer and not married to her partner ? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ferrets said:

Hi Peter,

Using the Centrelink calculator on an 864 visa I have the following (I find it odd that spouse and dependants are optional given they adjust the number so I am not clear if I have misunderstood the meaning of their inclusion);

Assurer (no spouse or kids)

Income requirement
$88,291.41 must be the combined income of all assurers for this financial year. The same income must be earned for the past two financial years. If you don't have enough income you can seek help of another assurer.
Bank Guarantee
$14,000.00 is the bank guarantee you need to arrange if your application is approved.

Assurer + Spouse

Income requirement
$117,721.88 must be the combined income of all assurers for this financial year. The same income must be earned for the past two financial years. If you don't have enough income you can seek help of another assurer.
Bank Guarantee
$14,000.00 is the bank guarantee you need to arrange if your application is approved.

Assurer with Spouse + 2 kids

Income requirement
$123,607.98 must be the combined income of all assurers for this financial year. The same income must be earned for the past two financial years. If you don't have enough income you can seek help of another assurer.
Bank Guarantee

Thanks - is this for one or two applicants on the 143?

I am sponsoring my Mum - lodgement date 16 Sept 2016. My husband is to be the assurer. Currently, his earnings are well over the income threshold to be the assurer (even with a spouse and 3 kids). However in saying that, life is full of unexpected events. If something were to happen and he lost a substantial amount of his income - can there be another assurer as well to 'combine' the income amounts ? For eg, my brother in law is able to assist. If for eg, his parents wanted to also come out later from the UK, what would the implications of him being a co-assurer be? 

1 minute ago, purpleal said:

Thanks - is this for one or two applicants on the 143?

I am sponsoring my Mum - lodgement date 16 Sept 2016. My husband is to be the assurer. Currently, his earnings are well over the income threshold to be the assurer (even with a spouse and 3 kids). However in saying that, life is full of unexpected events. If something were to happen and he lost a substantial amount of his income - can there be another assurer as well to 'combine' the income amounts ? For eg, my brother in law is able to assist. If for eg, his parents wanted to also come out later from the UK, what would the implications of him being a co-assurer be? 

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/60

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/30

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/80

I recommend you review these web pages.

If you are still in doubt, instruct a registered migration agent to review the situation.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

@Kathss56 oh what a shame you got that condition. Will you have somewhere to stay for 6 months if visa doesn’t come through as I know you sold your house? I’m keeping my fingers crossed your visa is granted before that! 

Yes I have brothers and sisters I can stay with  but I would be Helping look after my grandson 3 days a week which is the niggling problem. 

32 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

@Kathss56 oh what a shame you got that condition. Will you have somewhere to stay for 6 months if visa doesn’t come through as I know you sold your house? I’m keeping my fingers crossed your visa is granted before that! 

Yes I have brothers and sisters here so will be ok! But I will be helping look after my grandson! 

just so annoying that this process does seem to have a pot luck element to it.  

ALSO must maintain health insurance which is something else to sort now.

Any pointers anyone?...

15 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/60

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/30

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/80

I recommend you review these web pages.

If you are still in doubt, instruct a registered migration agent to review the situation.

Best regards.

Thanks Alan,

I read through the links - makes sense. Where do I find out minimum income requirements for an assurer who has a spouse and 3 children - just assurer for one adult? Is there a calculator I can use. The examples on the links do not provide a scenario that fits our circumstances. 

5 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Yes I have brothers and sisters here so will be ok! But I will be helping look after my grandson! 

just so annoying that this process does seem to have a pot luck element to it.  

ALSO must maintain health insurance which is something else to sort now.

Any pointers anyone?...

>  HBA

>  BUPA

>   Australian Unity

You are looking for their Health Cover for Visitors offering.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

Having looked at all the new income calculators I’m somewhat confused! 

If I multiply 28868.84 x 3 adults (daughter, her partner and me) that makes 86606.52

plus 10% of 28868.84 for 1 child (grandchild) is 2886. 88

so total would be 86606.52 + 2886.88 = 

yet Centrelink income calculator tell me the income required would be  91234.46

Could anyone  explain difference please ? Happy  have my calculations double checked!!?

1 hour ago, Alan Collett said:

There is a blog on my parent visa web site with a link to the calculator on the Centrelink website.

Best regards.

Many thanks Alan.

For me sponsoring my mother with husband as the assurer (myself as spouse and 3 children under 18) the income required is $97,120.56 

16 hours ago, Wishfull said:

The situation does appear to be somewhat confusing.

In 2015, when we applied, the income level required for an assurer with spouse and child standing assurance for 2 adults was just over $46,000. Today using the Australian Government DHS AOS eligibility checker for a 143 visa the income level required is $120,665 - quite a jump. In both cases the bond seems to be $14,000 for 2 people.

Is this new level for all applicants immediately or just for new applicants? 

Alan can you shed any light on this please.

@Wishfull Your figure is certainly closer to my calculations.  I can't understand where we went wrong.  The big thing that I am feeling desperate about is the lack of communication.  If our daughter doesn't fulfil the requirements (as it is now obvious that she doesn't) why on earth can't they tell us so that we can get moving with additional assurers.  Will they just sit on the application and say nothing, other than you have to wait!!

45 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Having looked at all the new income calculators I’m somewhat confused! 

If I multiply 28868.84 x 3 adults (daughter, her partner and me) that makes 86606.52

plus 10% of 28868.84 for 1 child (grandchild) is 2886. 88

so total would be 86606.52 + 2886.88 = 

yet Centrelink income calculator tell me the income required would be  91234.46

Could anyone  explain difference please ? Happy  have my calculations double checked!!?

The figure you say of 91234.46 is what I got back when I filled it in  

1 assurer and her having a  partner and 1 child  -  Sponsoring 1parent only 

if she is short on this amount her partner will also be an assurer.

14 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

@Pertenhallyour AOs was submitted in January  wasn’t it  so wouldn’t  it come under the old rules?  

28 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

@Wishfull Your figure is certainly closer to my calculations.  I can't understand where we went wrong.  The big thing that I am feeling desperate about is the lack of communication.  If our daughter doesn't fulfil the requirements (as it is now obvious that she doesn't) why on earth can't they tell us so that we can get moving with additional assurers.  Will they just sit on the application and say nothing, other than you have to wait!!

I am week ago than you still nothing. All the best Peter. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

Hopefully yes - but I'm not sure if we will fulful the criteria anyway.  I think we need to get some professional advice.

Hi I recommend you contact Alan Collett for advice we have made contact since being in Australia and he is very helpful, hope you hear very soon Lorraine ?

• Like 3

On 05/04/2018 at 09:32, Pertenhall said:

Now I am more and more concerned.  Having read the new criteria for AoS it would seem that our daughter will not fill the requirements regarding income.  Does her application go by the old rules or the new ones.  This is so frustrating, especially as we will not need her financial support at all as we are fortunate enough to have adequate guaranteed pensions in place.  What do we do now?  More worries to add to the pile already there.

11 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Hi All,

There has been alot of talk and confusion about the changes with AOS and centrelink requirements. Alan Collett from "go matilda" as always helping outwith free advice , 

Our daughter has had the AOS interview etc 8 weeks ago paid the $14k  and has been waiting for the acceptance letter so I am presuming we are not affected by the changes ???? 

Anyone any ideas on the waiting time on receiving the acceptance letter from centrelink ?.

We have eventually got our medical situation sorted so we were hoping to  have the request for 2nd Vac.That won't happen until the Aos is completed. Just trying to build a timeframe picture as we move out of our house in 4 weeks and move in with relatives which is not ideal. Stuff we are taking to Oz will go to storage as until we have visa granted don't dare take a chance on shipping it.

Any info or comments from anyone welcome thanks

Edited by gafuk
duplicated

Hi All,

There has been alot of talk and confusion about the changes with AOS and centrelink requirements. Alan Collett from "go matilda" as always helping outwith free advice , 

Our daughter has had the AOS interview etc 8 weeks ago paid the $14k  and has been waiting for the acceptance letter so I am presuming we are not affected by the changes ???? 

Anyone any ideas on the waiting time on receiving the acceptance letter from centrelink ?.

We have eventually got our medical situation sorted so we were hoping to  have the request for 2nd Vac.That won't happen until the Aos is completed. Just trying to build a timeframe picture as we move out of our house in 4 weeks and move in with relatives which is not ideal. Stuff we are taking to Oz will go to storage as until we have visa granted don't dare take a chance on shipping it.

Any info or comments from anyone welcome thanks

( duplicated on other post sorry )

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

For those who asked...

600 granted in 3 days but does have the dreaded condition Only 12months stay in any 18months!

very disappointed as I know others who do not have this condition 

I have private income, lump,sum no health conditions 

this means if I go in June, my 143 will have to come through in about 38months which is cutting it fine with current processing times which could get longer!

I said Yes to requiring multiple entries as I want to come back to UK twice next year, am thinking if you put No would it have made a difference?!

oh well fingers crossed for my 143 visa peocessed in 38months then it is !

Sorry to hear about the 12 in 18 condition on your 600.

Sounds like you have already thought about contingency plans just in case your 143 takes a little longer. And I still have some concerns that we may see waiting times increase in the coming year. I'm trying not to be negative but we are now guessing about 42 months for our lodgement dates.

So difficult to know, but if you have a plan B ready then you can enjoy your time in Austraia without worry.

Still very exciting to be making the move after all this time.

• Thanks 1