Guest guest36187

The Brand New PIO Parents Visa thread

14 hours ago, Suzyq said:

I've not been asked anything so far about a visa Kathss56? Good point though and I'll call Pet Air tomorrow to double check. If there is an issue I'm sure my son would take ownership of them for me. I pretty sure you are able to purchase dogs / cats and have them shipped over so long as they go through the correct process. I'll find out and let you know!

9 minutes ago, Geoffandgill said:

Hi, we know what you mean! We have just returned from a lovely restful two weeks in Crete and are now back on the case! Having a shipping company coming today to take two boxes of summer clothes/ shoes to Oz. They should arrive just in time for spring.We are now in the process of packing the last couple of boxes to put in storage and in our caravan which will await shipping once 143s are issued. We leave our rented flat on 14th June to stay with friends till 18th when we fly. Geoff is still contemplating having to sell his car, which he loves! See you soon! Where in Melbourne area are heading?

Geoff & Gill

@nyorksgrannie  @Geoffandgill @NanaJan

Great you are all making the move. Hope you will all keep in touch and update us all on here

best wishes to you all ?

• Like 2

143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

12 NOV 20 -2ND VAC REQUEST !

Hi geoffandgill. We shipped my Jeep inside our container and really wish we had shipped my husbands jag as well we came in 2008 PSS helped us and it was very straight forward we sold the jag in the U.K. for £5k and would have got $60k here ?  

14 minutes ago, Geoffandgill said:

Hi, we know what you mean! We have just returned from a lovely restful two weeks in Crete and are now back on the case! Having a shipping company coming today to take two boxes of summer clothes/ shoes to Oz. They should arrive just in time for spring.We are now in the process of packing the last couple of boxes to put in storage and in our caravan which will await shipping once 143s are issued. We leave our rented flat on 14th June to stay with friends till 18th when we fly. Geoff is still contemplating having to sell his car, which he loves! See you soon! Where in Melbourne area are heading?

Geoff & Gill

Just a thought on Geoff's car.

We are planning on taking our car with us. There is "personal imports option" which means you don't pay import tax. 

When we have compared prices, selling the car here then buying a replacement, to the cost of shipping. It easily stacks up for us.

Best wishes for your move

173 Visa lodged - March 2016

Documents submitted / medicals completed – May 2020

2nd VAC payment - October 2020

173 Visa granted - October 2020

143 Visa lodged - October 2020

32 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

We are planning on taking our car with us. There is "personal imports option" which means you don't pay import tax. 

When we have compared prices, selling the car here then buying a replacement, to the cost of shipping. It easily stacks up for us.

Good luck to you all, I haven't started this process yet, but am reading all these posts its a minefield.   Our daughter and gran kids only moved out on the 15th May.   They have moved to Mount Eliza, Victoria and are loving every minute so far.    We will be traveling back and forth to visit until they have been there for the 2 years and we can apply to retire there.  

I was interested in your posts saying you would bring your cars.....my husband has a weakness for a nice car and wondered what sort of costs would we be looking at to ship a car??  Never even crossed my mind to do this.   I will be watching this site carefully over years.   One other thing, does anyone recommend that I speak to an agent now or leave till the two years are up?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, clarkesville1 said:

Good luck to you all, I haven't started this process yet, but am reading all these posts its a minefield.   Our daughter and gran kids only moved out on the 15th May.   They have moved to Mount Eliza, Victoria and are loving every minute so far.    We will be traveling back and forth to visit until they have been there for the 2 years and we can apply to retire there.  

I was interested in your posts saying you would bring your cars.....my husband has a weakness for a nice car and wondered what sort of costs would we be looking at to ship a car??  Never even crossed my mind to do this.   I will be watching this site carefully over years.   One other thing, does anyone recommend that I speak to an agent now or leave till the two years are up?

There is a special thread on taking cars (or not as the case may be).  It's here:  

CPV 1.10.2014, 1st VAC 31.10.2014, Receipt 31.10.2014, Acknowledged 28.2.15

Form 80 - 26.1.2017, Police check 4.2.2017, Medical 21.2.17 (with DIBP 24.2.17)

AoS commenced 17.2.17, approved 19.4.17, bond lodged 28.4.17, acceptance 9.5.2017

2nd VAC requested 19.9.2017.  Visa granted 28.9.17

Brisbane area.

1 hour ago, SusieRoo said:

Hi, we changed our car and caravan back in 2013 with the intention of taking both, after minimum ownership of 12 months. Caravan is going, we have our import authority, but regarding the car, it turns out that many modifications would be needed and tests performed beacause it's not a standard model that Australia recognise! Therefore it is more economical to sell car here and buy new when in Oz! 

Hopefully when he gets his new car, he'll just have fond memories of his Yeti ?

Geoff & Gill

CPV 143 lodged, 1st VAC paid, receipted and acknowledged 9th June 2015

Heading to Diggers Rest, Melbourne. Au & UK police checks , form 80 completed and passed to agent 16th Feb, AoS lodged 21st Feb, medicals arranged 26th Feb. Daughter received Centrelink phone call and had interview 4th April. E-mail received 11th April to pay AoS bond at Commonwealth Bank within 14 days. AoS bond lodged 12th April with Centrelink. Letter of Acceptance dated 20th April from Centrelink received by e-mail 23rd April, forwarded to agent. Paid second VAC 21st September, holiday booked to NZ 7th-11th October ( been pre booked for babysitting duties before then. Visa issued 8thOct 2018 for indefinite stay with multiple entries and nil conditions!

Hi Geoff & Gill, we fully intended taking both our cars but the first problem we hit was that one car wouldn't be able to have Sat Nav updated (making it more difficult to sell when we changed it)  and the other only a year old could, but whereas the sums made sense had we been going with our 143,  having now to put it in to storage here plus the fact that it would be older and therefore less valuable if and when it could be shipped it didn't seem worth the hassle, the problem we all have is not knowing how long things will have to be in store awaiting the 143 whilst being in Oz on 600 visa.  Frustrating!

CPV 143 lodgement 09.04.15, Acknowledged 11.05.15, tax invoice/receipt 17.05.15

AOS document submitted Centrelink 20.10.17, medicals 24.10.17,  Forms 80 submitted 31.10.17 UK & Aus police penal clearances submitted 03.11.17   AOS letter from Centrelink received 08/12/17 Commonwealth bank appt. & payment of AOS 09/12/17  Docs taken to Centrelink 11/12/17  AOS acceptance letter received 22/12/17  Final payment requested 12/03/18  Visa granted 04/04/2018 !

Heading for NSW central coast area

3 hours ago, clarkesville1 said:

Think I would leave  it near the time. Visa's seem to be changing fast who knows what the waiting time will be and at what higher cost, which is highly anticipated. You could always message Alan Collett at Go Matilda, free first consultation I believe 

• Like 2

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

3 hours ago, clarkesville1 said:

Hi Clarkesville

It never hurts to speak to an agent, but to be honest, PomsinOZ has provided us with the best info so far. Given that your daughter has to have been a permanent resident for a minimum of 2 years, you'l be fully up to speed with all the relevant info. 

• Like 1

143 visa. Lodged 1st June 2016 First payment 1st June

5 hours ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Good luck Nana Jan, we are not far behind you, we have exchanged on house and fly two days after completion in late July. I was interested  that you have arranged post re-direct - to Australia? or do you have family in uk? We do not now have any close family in UK and have been cancelling everything and could give a friends address for bank etc., but I hope the post office can just put a stop on all the rest. There is such a lot to think about but we are making progress. Not good news that staff on visa processing are being cutback, it can't be an easy job with everyone complaining and now some may lose their jobs. 

I hope it works out for you and everyone else, we decided to drink our wine stock but now it has gone down so much we will have to buy more! 

I know what you mean on the wine front. I'm just getting ready for a night out with the girls from work. Couple of cocktails first then a nice pasta, and wine, at the local Italian.

I have had the post redirected to my brother in the UK but there shouldn't be too much. All of our banking 'stuff' comes electronically and as I've been closing things I've asked for electronic final accounts. There is an option on the redirect form to have it sent worldwide so you could do it for a few months if you wanted to.

Good luck with it all. This last bit is flying by.......almost too fast bizarrely!!

• Like 2

143 Visa application lodged & acknowledged 1st December 2014. Invitation to supply further documents received 4th July 2017. AoS submitted to Centrelink 6th July. Police Certificates and Forms 80 handed in to our agent 12th July. Medicals done 12th July.

Bond lodged mid-August.

Assurance of Support accepted and uploaded to Immi 30th August.

2nd VAC request received 8th September.

VISAS GRANTED 18th September:jiggy:

whilst on holiday in Bali....

Back to Oz on 20th September as official residents:)

54 minutes ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Hi Geoff & Gill, we fully intended taking both our cars but the first problem we hit was that one car wouldn't be able to have Sat Nav updated (making it more difficult to sell when we changed it)  and the other only a year old could, but whereas the sums made sense had we been going with our 143,  having now to put it in to storage here plus the fact that it would be older and therefore less valuable if and when it could be shipped it didn't seem worth the hassle, the problem we all have is not knowing how long things will have to be in store awaiting the 143 whilst being in Oz on 600 visa.  Frustrating!

Hi, unfortunately we were caught up in VW dieselgate! Although modified software has been installed, the model Yeti we own is a higher powered engine than the Aussie version. They have frowned upon all VW Diesel engines and made it clear that ours would require special consideration . Can't be bothered with the hassle either. We're happy having our caravan in storage as prices over there are very high for our van and our shipper is happy to collect it for us from storage point when our visa is finally issued. Plus it will be a good way of conveying all Geoff's tools. 

Geoff & Gill

• Like 1

CPV 143 lodged, 1st VAC paid, receipted and acknowledged 9th June 2015

Heading to Diggers Rest, Melbourne. Au & UK police checks , form 80 completed and passed to agent 16th Feb, AoS lodged 21st Feb, medicals arranged 26th Feb. Daughter received Centrelink phone call and had interview 4th April. E-mail received 11th April to pay AoS bond at Commonwealth Bank within 14 days. AoS bond lodged 12th April with Centrelink. Letter of Acceptance dated 20th April from Centrelink received by e-mail 23rd April, forwarded to agent. Paid second VAC 21st September, holiday booked to NZ 7th-11th October ( been pre booked for babysitting duties before then. Visa issued 8thOct 2018 for indefinite stay with multiple entries and nil conditions!

4 hours ago, Geoffandgill said:

Geoff & Gill

It's all a bit frantic isn't it but I'm sure the holiday helped. Our daughter lives in Oakleigh so we will be based there initially.

Looking forward to that drink on South Bank. Maybe we could even post a picture on here:D

• Like 3

143 Visa application lodged & acknowledged 1st December 2014. Invitation to supply further documents received 4th July 2017. AoS submitted to Centrelink 6th July. Police Certificates and Forms 80 handed in to our agent 12th July. Medicals done 12th July.

Bond lodged mid-August.

4 minutes ago, Geoffandgill said:

Hi, unfortunately we were caught up in VW dieselgate! Although modified software has been installed, the model Yeti we own is a higher powered engine than the Aussie version. They have frowned upon all VW Diesel engines and made it clear that ours would require special consideration . Can't be bothered with the hassle either. We're happy having our caravan in storage as prices over there are very high for our van and our shipper is happy to collect it for us from storage point when our visa is finally issued. Plus it will be a good way of conveying all Geoff's tools. 

Geoff & Gill

The last time I was in Oz I was chatting to a chap who shipped his car over. He basically said that unless you had a total love affair with your car, don't bother - it wasn't worth the hassle!:D

• Like 2

Bond lodged mid-August.

I checked with Pet Air and they don't need evidence of a Visa! Yippee!

• Like 2

CPV 143 Acknowledged 3rd November 2016, Visitor Visa 600 (Tourist) Acknowledged 11th May 2017, Sponsorship submitted for 870 21st May Approved 29th July, Police checks submitted 6th August, Medical completed, 2nd VAC and Health Insurance evidence requested 16th Sept. 870 Visa granted 19/09/19!

Hi All,

As we applied in Dec 2014 our projected 34 months is due October ( yeahhh) as per the immi site.

Is that projection a start date or completed by date , anyone know ?

we have heard nothing from anyone about AOS , medicals etc so looking at the dates with a squint if its going to be completed by then as its still showing a now processing date of 3rd October ... :/

• Like 2

1st Vac 14/12/2014 ........................waiting !

Received invitation to start Medicals, Police check & AOS    8/09/2017

( case officer assigned  ). 27/9/17  Received email instructing to get police checks and medical within 28 days .no mention of case officer though? Nb we have  case officer but been told that the case officer remains anonymous .had medical and police checks and sponsor had centrelink interview all during october. Delay now due to further medical tests.Medicals completed 22/03/18.

Waiting for instructions to pay 2nd VAC ( please hurry up )

Request for 2nd Vac received 10th April 2018  Yipee ! At last look to the sky and say thank you.      23/04/18 Our visa is granted ...thank you again !!

We should be in Oz 8th June , the application has been a long journey but eventually it is happening.

Keep believing and waiting and hopefully you will get there with your kids too. Good Luck ! 

2 minutes ago, gafuk said:

Hi All,

As we applied in Dec 2014 our projected 34 months is due October ( yeahhh) as per the immi site.

we have heard nothing from anyone about AOS , medicals etc so looking at the dates with a squint if its going to be completed by then as its still showing a now processing date of 3rd October ... :/

We haven't heard anything either but we did our Police checks a couple of weeks ago so that would be one less thing to think about when we do hear.

I think they are only updating monthly now, so the beginning of June should give us a better clue. If it still hasn't moved, there could well be tears!! :(

Who knows anything anymore?

• Like 3

Bond lodged mid-August.

25 minutes ago, gafuk said:

Hi All,

Supposed to be for completion by 34mths. If you look at @Catlady2014 timeframe at bottom of her posts. Give you an idea of times when things have been lodged/competed etc.,  At least you are on the home run unlike a lot of us ?

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Supposed to be for completion by 34mths. If you look at @Catlady2014 timeframe at bottom of her posts. Give you an idea of times when things have been lodged/competed etc.,  At least you are on the home run unlike a lot of us ?

We are way past @Catlady2014's timeframe already:(

• Like 1

Bond lodged mid-August.

31 minutes ago, NanaJan said:

We are way past @Catlady2014's timeframe already:(

Are you 8 weeks behind? A teeny bit of light at the end of the tunnel for you, but you won't need sunglasses just yet!?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Are you 8 weeks behind? A teeny bit of light at the end of the tunnel for you, but you won't need sunglasses just yet!?

Yep. On Catlady's timeframe we would have been contacted end of March/beginning of April.............

We certainly need our sunglasses here todayB|:)

• Like 2

Bond lodged mid-August.

latest update from immi 13th oct 2014

• Like 3

143 visa lodged 4.10.15

heading to the sunshine coast (caloundra)

extra documents requested 18/7/2019

aos submitted 25/7/2019

police checks completed  1/9/2019

form 80 completed 3/9/2019

medical taken 7/9/2019

aos submitted 2.12.19

aos accepted 8/1/2020

2nd vac request 23.1.2020

2nd vac paid 27.1.2020

visa granted 28.1.2020

Fly to brisbane december 28th (hopefully) That was cancelled.

New flight booked for 16.1.2021 (fingers crossed)

1 hour ago, NanaJan said:

Yep. On Catlady's timeframe we would have been contacted end of March/beginning of April.............

We certainly need our sunglasses here todayB|:)

Have you got an agent?  Or doing it yourselves?

AoS commenced 17.2.17, approved 19.4.17, bond lodged 28.4.17, acceptance 9.5.2017

Brisbane area.

32 minutes ago, kimboslice said:

I applied on 10 October 2014 and today I got request from case officer for additional documents such as form 80 (haven't asked during AOS & Medical request), asked for new passport details cause it might be less than 6 months validity when they will grant visa, etc.

Hi Catlady2014,

have you asked to further documents or 2nd VAC payment. You are 10 days ahead of me :)

• Like 2

143 Application Lodged: 10th October'14

38 minutes ago, kimboslice said:

That's good news! -  we are 10 days nearer Australia this week (only 500ish more to go for us)

• Like 1

173 Visa lodged - March 2016

Documents submitted / medicals completed – May 2020

2nd VAC payment - October 2020

173 Visa granted - October 2020

143 Visa lodged - October 2020

9 minutes ago, clerk85 said:

I applied on 10 October 2014 and today I got request from case officer for additional documents such as form 80 (haven't asked during AOS & Medical request), asked for new passport details cause it might be less than 6 months validity when they will grant visa, etc.

Hi Catlady2014,

have you asked to further documents or 2nd VAC payment. You are 10 days ahead of me :)

Not yet.  ?  My passport has less than 6 months left on it but that's not been mentioned either.  

Brisbane area.