Guest guest36187

On 08/03/2017 at 5:53 AM, bryant said:

http://www.border.gov.au/News/Pages/global-visa-and-citizenship-processing-times.aspx

Maybe as they r repairing for the newest processing time tool and it can be used on March 17th,2017 and as they said:"the processing time will be updated MONTHLY to reflect the current caseloads and processing pressures...". So its kinda make sense for us that why they havent updated since Jan 23rd. They even said:"they will not publish some subclasses as they r closed to new entrants or capped and queued". if i dont make any mistakes, subclass 143 is not capped and queued right? correct my foolish if i have any mistakes.

I guess we all keep our fingers crossed there will be an update sometime next week.

Happy Bank Holiday weekend everyone. Or, Public Holiday as we will need to call them soon:)

• Like 2

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173
We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 3 October 2014.

Not quite the jump I was hoping for in a month, less than 2 weeks, but better than nothing I suppose.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, NanaJan said:

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 3 October 2014.

Not quite the jump I was hoping for in a month, less than 2 weeks, but better than nothing I suppose.

Thanks for the update. .but like you say not a very big jump! At that rate we could be another 2 years and 4 months before they look at us...depressing to say the least. Just have to hope it was all the holidays with Easter etc.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, NanaJan said:

Hi NanaJan,

Next is you, in line  to receive 'THE' email intructions regarding medicals and police reports etc....Pls update as soon as you hear something. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bear2015 said:

Hi NanaJan,

Next is you, in line  to receive 'THE' email intructions regarding medicals and police reports etc....Pls update as soon as you hear something. 

Believe me, you will hear me shouting from the rooftops:D

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NanaJan said:

if you're in the same mental state we are, with trying to get everything done by June, suggest you double up on the wine and paracetamol, as you'll be getting that e-mail for medicals etc very soon ?

Geoff & Gill

• Like 6

From reading of all your posts and having thought about this allot, we're now just waiting for details of the new 5 year visa in July, like I've said, we only applied on June 1st 2016, so we're looking at at least another two years just to get a case officer, toooooooo long, hoping the new visa will be a valid alternative for us.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bry45 said:

From reading of all your posts and having thought about this allot, we're now just waiting for details of the new 5 year visa in July, like I've said, we only applied on June 1st 2016, so we're looking at at least another two years just to get a case officer, toooooooo long, hoping the new visa will be a valid alternative for us.

https://www.border.gov.au/ReportsandPublications/Documents/discussion-papers/discussion-paper-introducing-tem-visa-parents.pdf

as it says you might not be able to work so big stumbling block! 

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bry45 said:

You might find the processing time shortens if the proposed 5-year visa takes the heat out of the 143 visa.  Maybe ... 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Geoffandgill said:

if you're in the same mental state we are, with trying to get everything done by June, suggest you double up on the wine and paracetamol, as you'll be getting that e-mail for medicals etc very soon ?

Geoff & Gill

The wine is certainly helping with the feeling of living in perpetual chaos!!

There have been lots of "lasts" as well over the last couple of weeks and alcohol has been involved in many of those tooO.o:D!!

Not least of those being our last visit to The Amex. We will have to cheer on our team in the Premier League from afar next season. It only took 34 years to get there...........:o9_9 D'oh!!

Edited by NanaJan
  • Like 4

Hi. I'm Ian. My wife and I applied for 143 visas at the end of June 2015. We are now looking at early next year if processing times are right.
Thing is they quote 75% processed within 33 months. Does this mean it can happen at any time within this period. It's not clear.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

• Like 1

@Ian Ireland

I think you have to assume that it's currently a minimum of 33 months from the date of application lodgement to grant of visa.  I'm on 31 months and expect to get my visa within the next 2 months.  Take a look at my timeline in my signature box below this post.  

Edited by Catlady2014
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Hi Kath

I understand I might not be able to work, whuich isn't really a problem, I'm just trying to get us there as soon as poss and we can still continue with the 143, so at least we will be in OZ while we wait for the full visa, maybe !!!!!!!!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bry45 said:

Hi Kath

I understand I might not be able to work, whuich isn't really a problem, I'm just trying to get us there as soon as poss and we can still continue with the 143, so at least we will be in OZ while we wait for the full visa, maybe !!!!!!!!

That will be another question to ask.... can you do both at the same time ?

3 hours ago, Geoffandgill said:

Well, we applied for 600 visa last week, 25 th April ( were advised by Au High Commission to apply here as its $200 cheaper) and it's been granted today ! ?

Geoff& Gill

Hi, sorry but when you say here do you mean, Oz or UK?

Congrats by the way

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Geoffandgill said:

In the UK it's $134 whereas in Oz I think it's just over $300!

Hi both.

I'm going to pick your brains here! Which 600 visa did you go for? There seem to be several, some of which need additional insurance. We are still thinking of doing the freebie one, knowing that we would have to go offshore after 3 months, but can't decide if that would be cheaper than paying for the longer visa and insurance.

Of course, we might even be sorted within the 3 months............:D:D:DO.o

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NanaJan said:

Hi both.

I'm going to pick your brains here! Which 600 visa did you go for? There seem to be several, some of which need additional insurance. We are still thinking of doing the freebie one, knowing that we would have to go offshore after 3 months, but can't decide if that would be cheaper than paying for the longer visa and insurance.

Of course, we might even be sorted within the 3 months............:D:D:DO.o

We went for the tourist visa and gave reasons as tourism/visit family. They asked for any significant dates on when we wanted to be there, to which we gave birthday dates and Xmas. Details of insurance we gave as ANZPLUS.com plus period covered ( date of flight plus a year) . We stated that type of insurance was Tourist Health Travel Insurance. (We got a quote from insurance company and it was just over £400 which is for emergency cover plus ambulance call out).

Geoff & Gill

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Geoffandgill said:

We went for the tourist visa and gave reasons as tourism/visit family. They asked for any significant dates on when we wanted to be there, to which we gave birthday dates and Xmas. Details of insurance we gave as ANZPLUS.com plus period covered ( date of flight plus a year) . We stated that type of insurance was Tourist Health Travel Insurance. (We got a quote from insurance company and it was just over £400 which is for emergency cover plus ambulance call out).

Geoff & Gill

Hi, That seems a very good price for insurance was that for both of you or each.

Shelagh