Guest guest36187

43 minutes ago, 8CPA said:

I wrote to Immi to ask for my HAP id on the off chance they would oblige. This was 9 months before we got our Case Officer. I thought they would not reply but about 3 weeks later I got an email with my Hap id and instructions. I used the email given at the end of the update email. We got our medicals and police checks done but only just made it in time  before the year was up. Might be worth waiting a little bit longer as we were sweating bricks at the end.

Thanks for the information

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 8CPA said:

I wrote to Immi to ask for my HAP id on the off chance they would oblige. This was 9 months before we got our Case Officer. I thought they would not reply but about 3 weeks later I got an email with my Hap id and instructions. I used the email given at the end of the update email. We got our medicals and police checks done but only just made it in time  before the year was up. Might be worth waiting a little bit longer as we were sweating bricks at the end.

I think the policy has changed now and they no longer want to give HAP id in advance - possibly because of the medical  becoming outdated due to longer visa processing times. 

Hi all

Well, I have to be honest and say me (the wife and I) are feeling very deflated, we only lodged on June 1st 2016, so God only knows how long we will have to wait. We're really hoping this new 5 year visa will have a positive effect on waiting times, or better still, be a viable alternative that we may go for ourselves. Admittedly, we waited a few years to make sure our daughter was truly settled before making the decision to apply, but boy oh boy do I wish we'd applied back at the beginning of 2014. Ah well, as the wife keeps telling me, stop worrying, its an adventure.

That said, I'm truly happy for all of you who are almost there, good luck to ya, go for it.

Bry

• Like 5

Hi All,

I must admit reading these posts I am confused.   In laymans terms.....my daughter & family move out on 15th May, can I apply for a visa to go out there immediately??   I was told on a forum that I have to wait for her to be resident for 2 years before we can apply.   She is our only child and once she goes I have no one in UK.  What is the simply answer to this or is there not one.   I can fund this easily but I cannot be away for her and the kids for long!!

Marlene Clarke

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, clarkesville1 said:

Hi All,

I must admit reading these posts I am confused.   In laymans terms.....my daughter & family move out on 15th May, can I apply for a visa to go out there immediately??   I was told on a forum that I have to wait for her to be resident for 2 years before we can apply.   She is our only child and once she goes I have no one in UK.  What is the simply answer to this or is there not one.   I can fund this easily but I cannot be away for her and the kids for long!!

Marlene Clarke

You can go on a visitor's visa any time you like if you want to visit.  If you want permanent residency, she can't sponsor you until she has been settled there for 2 years (that's what it was at the time when I applied, it may have changed again by now).   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, clarkesville1 said:

Hi All,

Marlene Clarke

Hi Marlene.

The requirement for the sponsor to be "settled" isn't quite as rigid as you have said.

See this narrative here, which is an extract from a Go Matilda Parent Visas website blog:

Feel able to contact me if you would like to discuss more fully - happy to have an initial freebie chat.

Best regards.

1 hour ago, kimboslice said:

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 22 September 2014.

not good, this is from today, not moved for nearly 3 weeks. :(

I think I read somewhere (but could ge wrong) that they're only updating the auto response monthly, so the last update was on 4th April and the next expected update would not be until 4th May?   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Catlady2014 said:

Daughter's plan for lodging AoS bond tomorrow:

2:30 into westpac to get bank cheque

3pm appointment at Commonwealth Bank, money will clear immediately it's paid in

Centrelink for about 4pm just in time before they close at 4:30pm!

I'm gonna be like Anneka rice lol!

Great news. They usually grant within hours of money received so I've heard. Good AUD rate for you since it went down a few months ago. Did your 2nd house buyer go through ok? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

Great news. They usually grant within hours of money received so I've heard. Good AUD rate for you since it went down a few months ago. Did your 2nd house buyer go through ok? 

It's only the Assurance of Support Bond, not the second VAC yet unfortunately, and I've just heard that Immi want another document from my daughter.  Yes, the house is proceeding, exchanging contracts next week probably. 

• Like 2

It's only the Assurance of Support Bond, not the second VAC yet unfortunately, and I've just heard that Immi want another document from my daughter.  Yes, the house is proceeding, exchanging contracts next week probably. 

Dear Catlady, when did u submitted your CPV 143 application. Just to assume time frame for us.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Just now, karu1 said:

Dear Catlady, when did u submitted your CPV 143 application. Just to assume time frame for us.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

It's all in my signature at the bottom of each of my posts.  Can you not see it?  I think my settings are ok for my info to show on each post.  In any case, application submitted 1.10.2014. 

• Like 2

Exciting time for Catlady and we lodged 10 weeks after you so hopefully won't be more than a few months for us? fingers crossed.

For those who have only recently lodged, imagine if Australia and Uk included freedom of movement between our two nations and did away with the Visa's !.

(With my luck that is a real possibility.)

It would nice wouldn't it ?

I wouldn't mind for you all , I just want to be there, get a job and see our kids weekly or monthly instead of yearly.

I have only recently got more involved in the forum and its been a nice experience, thanks everyone :)

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, gafuk said:

Exciting time for Catlady and we lodged 10 weeks after you so hopefully won't be more than a few months for us? fingers crossed.

I just want to be there, get a job and see our kids weekly or monthly instead of yearly.:)

@gafuk I totally second this, but replace 10 weeks with 9:D

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

I think I read somewhere (but could ge wrong) that they're only updating the auto response monthly, so the last update was on 4th April and the next expected update would not be until 4th May?   

Would be good if the PVC could include a note to this effect on each update, so all of us don't send blank emails each week ...

Best regards.

• Like 3

The £ has bounced against the A$ (relatively speaking) - we're now at about 1.72 as against 1.60-ish a couple of weeks ago.

If you are expecting a second VAC request in the next month or so maybe now is the time to speak with one of the currency forex firms to buy A$'s?

Moneycorp is a kind sponsor of this forum ...

Best regards.

• Like 4

For those who have only recently lodged, imagine if Australia and Uk included freedom of movement between our two nations and did away with the Visa's !.
(With my luck that is a real possibility.)
It would nice wouldn't it ?
I wouldn't mind for you all , I just want to be there, get a job and see our kids weekly or monthly instead of yearly.
I have only recently got more involved in the forum and its been a nice experience, thanks everyone [emoji4]

[emoji253]

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Right, bank guarantee/bond all done.  The latest from my daughter:

"Ok....it seems that most people aren't really sure how deal with this process, but I got there in the end!  My bank had to make the bank cheque out in my name (basically it's the name of the person(s) who is opening the bank guarantee account). They charged $10 to do that. Then commonwealth bank do all their stuff, and charge $150 to do the bank guarantee. They told me $250 on the phone but it was actually $150.  Then I took the stuff to Centrelink and they kept the original bank guarantee (but gave me a copy because I asked for a copy). And they take a copy of the acknowledgement of the deposit. I also let them take a copy of the actual receipt docket.  Hopefully the person there knows what to do with the forms now!  Anyway, all done by 4:27pm and Centrelink closes at 4:30pm! Phew!!!!   And yes, I really did run everywhere - London Marathon training seven years ago probably helped! "

Documents are being scanned and sent to the migration agent.  

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

The £ has bounced against the A$ (relatively speaking) - we're now at about 1.72 as against 1.60-ish a couple of weeks ago.

If you are expecting a second VAC request in the next month or so maybe now is the time to speak with one of the currency forex firms to buy A$'s?

Moneycorp is a kind sponsor of this forum ...

Best regards.

I transferred mine to my daughter just before the election announcement, so unfortunately the best rate I could get then was $1.65, but still a lot better than it had been previously and at least it's in place and ready for when it's requested.  I transferred the bond money two years ago though, and got that at $1.95, so it's swings and roundabouts.  So yes, now could be a good time for people to get their second VACs money transferred.  

• Like 2