Guest guest36187

Hi

We have just been told we have to wait 14-16 months for a case officer to be allocated to us for a CPV. We applied through a Migration Agent in Perth (although we want to settle in Canberra). Has anyone else similar experience?

Regards

Roger

We have just applied for the Contributory Parent Visa subclass 143 the cost is

1st instalment $2,060 second instalment $42,220 for each applicant. When 2nd instalment is due (about 1 - 2 years after paying first instalmen). You have to pay you assurance of support $10,000 for a single applicant or $14.000 for 2 applicants.

Expensive ? but it will be worth it!

Hi can anyone explain the benefits of applying for a Contributory Aged parent visa rather than a Contributory Parent visa. I know for the aged PV you have to apply from Aus - but how can you stay in aus if the tourist visa is inappropriate ? They both cost the same so not sure which is the best.

Can you access medicare whilst you are waiting for your visa to be granted.

Hi can anyone explain the benefits of applying for a Contributory Aged parent visa rather than a Contributory Parent visa. I know for the aged PV you have to apply from Aus - but how can you stay in aus if the tourist visa is inappropriate ? They both cost the same so not sure which is the best.

Can you access medicare whilst you are waiting for your visa to be granted.

The main benefit of applying for a Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 864) over the Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143) is the ability to remain in Australia on a Bridging Visa while the visa application is being processed to a decision.

Medicare is available on an emergency basis while you are on a BV, given you come from a country which has a Reciprocal Health Care Agreement with Australia - such as the UK.

Best regards.

The main benefit of applying for a Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 864) over the Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143) is the ability to remain in Australia on a Bridging Visa while the visa application is being processed to a decision.

Medicare is available on an emergency basis while you are on a BV, given you come from a country which has a Reciprocal Health Care Agreement with Australia - such as the UK.

Best regards.

Funnily enough I have just been looking into the differences and this is what I had figured so thanks Alan; you've confirmed what I thought.

Can anyone give me an idea of the cost of additional medical cover whilst on a bridging visa and awaiting an aged parent visa?

You could have a look here:

http://www.privatehealth.gov.au/

and check out the various options for non=permanent residents or

there is an 804 thread on here = you could try a search or post your query:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/131621-aged-parent-residence-visa-subclass-804-a-2.html

Best regards.

What are the downsides of a temporary visa if their main use is to stagger the visa payments?

Edited by Lou8670

What are the downsides of a temporary visa if their main use is to stagger the visa payments?

* The risk that when the time comes to apply for the permanent residency visa the originally intended Assurer does not have the required level of taxable income to satisfy Centrelink, meaning an alternative needs to be found. If one can't be found the permanent visa is no longer possible, meaning a likely need to depart Australia. Remember that an Assurance of Support is not needed at temporary residency visa stage - it is required for the permanent visa.

* Increased overall Visa Application Charges payable to DIAC.

Best regards.

Hi to all those parents trying to get out to be with family xx

I am one of the "children" and we are heading back out to Perth this year once the house is sold. I am just enquiring on my parents behalf what visa they might be able to obtain to get out there. My mum has enquired before but because more of her children (I have 4 other brothers/sisters) reside in the UK she wouldn't be able to get a parents visa-if that makes sense?!?

Thanks to anyone taking the time to reply, Jess xx

I am one of the "children" and we are heading back out to Perth this year once the house is sold. I am just enquiring on my parents behalf what visa they might be able to obtain to get out there. My mum has enquired before but because more of her children (I have 4 other brothers/sisters) reside in the UK she wouldn't be able to get a parents visa-if that makes sense?!?

If they do not pass the balance of family test, then as you say, no unfortunately they would not qualify for a parent visa. Unless they can get out under their own steam, on a skilled visa of their own, then I don't think they would be able to get a permanent visa. Would they qualify for the 457, although I believe that it is getting more difficult now to get this and unless they are under 50 it would be difficult to move to a permanent visa from this. The only other option would probably be a visitor visa. There is a long term, 3 year visitor visa for parents of permanent residents which allows parents to stay in Australia for 12 out of every 18 months. See the link posted above by Alan Collett. Otherwise, maybe have a chat with someone like Alan to see if there are any other options at all.

If the balance of family test can't be satisfied your parents are unlikely to have a long term visa pathway available - unless they have sufficient personal wealth as to look at a subclass 405 visa.

Alternatively, possibly a business skills visa if they are business owners or successful investors.

How old are your parents?

Best regards.

Hi All,

I'm an Australian Citizen, looking to apply for my mom long-term 3 years visitor visa. She has been in Australia for 3 months 4 years ago, and satisfied all the visa's conditions. I tried to find an application for Long term tourist visa but unable to do so, at the moment we just use the normal tourist visa with my invitation letter attached.

Does anyone know if I should apply as a normal tourist visa and the person inviting her is myself and my partner / or a different form, will the 3 years visa be granted automatically? I'm confused as how the immigration department will know if the applicant wish to apply for short/long term visa?

Thanks