Guest guest36187

Guest denzil53
I am not sure what others experience is, but we are on a 173 and my husband has just got a job. When you get the visa granted you get an email with the grant letter which states you have the right to work in Australia. My husband just showed this to his prospective employer. There was some issue over the amount of tax he had to pay, but it turned out not to be much more than otherwise.

With regard to the AOS, you are correct that you do not need to pay this until you apply for the 143.

Yes, we have our medicals and police checks done, and still no case officer. Our AoS is also set up - our son went into Centrelink and it was all set up quite quickly. We applied in December 2010 - how much longer must be wait? Our grandchildren are growing up fast.

Yes, we have our medicals and police checks done, and still no case officer. Our AoS is also set up - our son went into Centrelink and it was all set up quite quickly. We applied in December 2010 - how much longer must be wait? Our grandchildren are growing up fast.

I'd give them a ring (using skype!) enquiring about your CO, Denzil. It looks as though a little prompt like this has worked wonders for others on this forum previously. Just an innocent enquiry why some with application dates later than yours have apparently jumped the queue!

Good luck!

John & Eirian

Guest denzil53
I'd give them a ring (using skype!) enquiring about your CO, Denzil. It looks as though a little prompt like this has worked wonders for others on this forum previously. Just an innocent enquiry why some with application dates later than yours have apparently jumped the queue!

Good luck!

John & Eirian

Thanks for the reply, JohnandEirian. I will contact them, although I guess they've all gone home for the weekend now - I'll try emailing them on Monday morning (our Sunday night).

Hi

I think there is already a Contributory Parent Visa thread on here but hey we are willing to participate in anything to do with CPV. We have actually already applied for the normal parent visa but are thinking of switching to the CPV. We are just trying to work out the finances - will need to sell the house which is difficult in the current market and of course the exchange rate is not great.

Our biggest headache is trying to work out pensions and what and how to transfer these to Oz and whether we will be able to survive. Any thoughts or advice on this is welcome. We have already taken some professional advice but ended up more confused than ever!

Hi Linday We came over on a Cont Parental Visa 2/12 years ago it was a long haul waiting for our Visa and getting the house sold but we did it and even though it was expensive I can honestly say it was the best move we ever made being able to watch our Grandson grow up is just the best thing ever for us it has all worked out, a struggle at the beginning like most new things you do but we made the most of it both got jobs right away and we rented for a year now we own our own house have 2 cars and a ongoing project called a BOAT and enjoy every day.

My husband had lots of Pensions which he had brought over and put into Superanuation on that he lost even more money but he now self manages it which is giving us good returns which is something I would recomend If I can assist you in any way please feel free to message me Hope it goes well for you Evelyn

We have just had a reply emailed to us,asking for sponsor to contact Centrelink.Tried phoning but on hold for >20mins,will try again next week

Also that our Police checks have expired so it looks like only valid for 3 months for Police checks,also requesting medicals which we had done last May--hope that has not expired ! But we sent medicals into Perth by post so hope that they have not lost them,perhaps have not tied them onto our application? have emailed but no reply,Australia is a public holiday anyway.

So the message is do not do Police checks early.

Hi We were advised to have our Medicals at the beginning of the application for CPV and by the time it was issued they were out of date so our Case Worker granted us a 3 mth extension when we actually got our Visa As we still hadn't sold our house we had to come over to activate the Visa and go back until our house sold 7mths later but its best not to have the Medical done too early as you get 1 yr from then to activate your Visa, Hope this helps Evelyn

Hi Linday We came over on a Cont Parental Visa 2/12 years ago it was a long haul waiting for our Visa and getting the house sold but we did it and even though it was expensive I can honestly say it was the best move we ever made being able to watch our Grandson grow up is just the best thing ever for us it has all worked out, a struggle at the beginning like most new things you do but we made the most of it both got jobs right away and we rented for a year now we own our own house have 2 cars and a ongoing project called a BOAT and enjoy every day.

My husband had lots of Pensions which he had brought over and put into Superanuation on that he lost even more money but he now self manages it which is giving us good returns which is something I would recomend If I can assist you in any way please feel free to message me Hope it goes well for you Evelyn

Thanks for your reply. I posted this a while ago and we are now in Australia. We have been in contact with someone who is moving the pensions over for us but we are hanging on due to the dire exchange rate at the moment!

Police checks and medicals are normally valid for a year, so Scroogemacduck I would check again with your CO if they are only 3 months old. Our medicals were sent to Sydney by the clinic which did them for us. You normally get a year to validate your visa - that's a year from the date of police checks or medicals whichever is earlier.

I was under the impression (you read these blogs and adopt ideas/rules/etc) as you go along,that it was 3 months but hoped for more ??--but my email from immi did state my Police Checks were expired--so I just sent for more as we have been good citizens UK/OZ,my certificates were 7 months old and if Visa takes another 2 months then,9 months old.Sent email back,will post reply.

Thanks to all & good luck

macduck out --on a warm nite in Melbourne,better then freezing in Scotland

G'Day All

As might be expected, the PVC has been pretty slow over the Chrissie / New Year holidays.

We sent in our application for 143s (from 173s) by Australia Post Express on 13 December. We knew it arrived the next day from tracking the packet, and the fact that our bank account was debited on 24 December for the application fee. But it wasn't until last week that the letter of acknowledgement arrived!

Good luck to all, Mike

Hi Mike & Sue great news that you have you 143, enjoy the heatwave in Perth.

Regards from Ann and Roy.

Haven't got the l43 yet - just the acknowledgement letter from Perth - which has taken ages, although they cashed the $270 application fee after 10 days!! Gather Perth then has to combine the two files ie 173 files into 143 file. Hopefully soon we will get CO and move on smoothly from there. Will keep the forum posted so that anyone interested knows the timescale of upgrading from 173 visa to 143.

In fact we are in Sydney, not as hot as Perth but pretty warm and muggy today.

All the best Sue

Sponsor contacted Centrelink and had a 40 min. queue to speak to representative who needed a reference no different to that initially given to us.My sponsor has to attend an interview with Centrelink !Is this normal,cannot see any problems but my sponsor has a very busy work schedule so unwelcome if needed but OK with it.

Still waiting for reply to email to Perth Immi,other than routine acknowledgement, asking if they have Medicals that were posted in.Also asked how long Police checks are valid for.!

Sponsor contacted Centrelink and had a 40 min. queue to speak to representative who needed a reference no different to that initially given to us.My sponsor has to attend an interview with Centrelink !Is this normal,cannot see any problems but my sponsor has a very busy work schedule so unwelcome if needed but OK with it.

Still waiting for reply to email to Perth Immi,other than routine acknowledgement, asking if they have Medicals that were posted in.Also asked how long Police checks are valid for.!

Interview is compulsory, as they check that the sponsor is fully aware of their responsibilities.

Charlie

Those of you who are on a 176 might be interested to know that we finally got our 143 visa grant today. We came over to Oz on a 176 and applied for the 143 about the third week in June, so it's taken almost 7 months. Now, where did I put that form for the Seniors Card?

Those of you who are on a 176 might be interested to know that we finally got our 143 visa grant today. We came over to Oz on a 176 and applied for the 143 about the third week in June, so it's taken almost 7 months. Now, where did I put that form for the Seniors Card?

That's a long time; they clearly weren't in a desperate need of your $30k+!!

(I take it you mean 173, not 176.)

Mike

That's a long time; they clearly weren't in a desperate need of your $30k+!!

(I take it you mean 173, not 176.)

Mike

Yes, sorry, slip of the keyboard. I am just glad we brought the money over before and didn't have to rely on the current exchange rate.

Guest natalies mum

Hi im a newbe, my daughter and her husband have talked about emagrating to oz when she finishes her studies next year, she will be a mental health nurse,

they are 23 and 25, no children. my daughter wants me to go with them, im 53, we have looked at nursing jobs for her and it seems she needs at least 2 years experiance, also i read that i cant go and live in oz until she is a resident, that would be 2 years later, is there anyway i could move with them if they diside to go, thanks carol.

Hi Carol, your daughter will have to be a permanent resident for 2 years before she can sponser you. And you will have to pass the Parent visa application test also. A good way for you to find out more about this is on www.immi.gov.au. Best of luck Ann.

Hi im a newbe, my daughter and her husband have talked about emagrating to oz when she finishes her studies next year, she will be a mental health nurse,

they are 23 and 25, no children. my daughter wants me to go with them, im 53, we have looked at nursing jobs for her and it seems she needs at least 2 years experiance, also i read that i cant go and live in oz until she is a resident, that would be 2 years later, is there anyway i could move with them if they diside to go, thanks carol.

There is a visitor visa which would allow you to stay in Oz up to a year. As you are only 53 are you still employed? There is a 457 visa which allows an employer to sponsor you for up to 4 years. Can't help much with this, but there are other threads on here relating to this. or maybe have a chat with an agent. They normally will give you 15 mins on the phone at no cost. There are a couple of them who post on here as well. Your daughter would be settled after 2 years and could sponsor you for a Contributory Parent Visa. They are taking around 12-18 months to process at the moment. She does need to be a permanent resident, but they do take into consideration any time spent in Oz on a temporary visa. Have a look at Booklet 3 on the immigration website which should answer most of your questions.

Hi Carol, your daughter will have to be a permanent resident for 2 years before she can sponser you. And you will have to pass the Parent visa application test also. A good way for you to find out more about this is on www.immi.gov.au. Best of luck Ann.

In particular, Carol, look at http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books3.htm

Mike

Hi Gill,

We emigrated to Adelaide in May 2010 and you gave us heaps of help and advice with our visa which were so grateful and now live in Glenelg North and doing good. The reason for contacting you is friends of ours have a visa dilema and if you dont mind we will give you a brief lowdown on their situation:

Chris has lived here (in Adelaide) for 25+ years and kept in touch with a girl (Sharon) back in his home town of Burnley all these years. Last May he visited England and met up with Sharon and to cut a long story short 'fell in love'. She has since been over to Australia twice and is currently here now on a 3 month holiday visa. She desperately wants a permanent visa and we were wondering if you could advise which is the best visa to apply for and how to go about it ?

Many thanks,

David

Hi Gill,

We emigrated to Adelaide in May 2010 and you gave us heaps of help and advice with our visa which were so grateful and now live in Glenelg North and doing good. The reason for contacting you is friends of ours have a visa dilema and if you dont mind we will give you a brief lowdown on their situation:

Chris has lived here (in Adelaide) for 25+ years and kept in touch with a girl (Sharon) back in his home town of Burnley all these years. Last May he visited England and met up with Sharon and to cut a long story short 'fell in love'. She has since been over to Australia twice and is currently here now on a 3 month holiday visa. She desperately wants a permanent visa and we were wondering if you could advise which is the best visa to apply for and how to go about it ?

Many thanks,

David

David

I am assuming the Gill you are writing to is Gollywobbler. If so, then I think you will be waiting a long time for a reply.

As far as I know she only writes/advises on the Poms in Adelaide site.

If you are still about Gollywobbler Gill, then I do apologise, and also would say to you "You are missed"!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam

Hi Gill,

Many thanks,

David

Is getting married not an option?

John & Eirian