Any one waiting for 457 visa or got there's????

stewe12345

Guest yindavies
Hi everyone,

Not been online for a while but we are also still waiting, not heared a thing since we last send further information on my speeding fines (9th feb) which was requested by our CO on the 8th! Our meds were finalised on the the 2nd of feb. We were planning to fly out half way march so it's going to be a close finish!!!

Hi

Just noticed on your post that you had your 457 finalised 2nd Feb but not flying out until middle March. Will that be more that the 4 weeks I thought you were allowed after success of visa?

I am hoping to fly out early May as start work 1st June 2010 meds have been finalised but still not heard anything.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pablofet1

HELP

On Saturday night we applied for the medical insurance needed so we could submit our end of the application thinking it was going to cost us $50.

BUT when i checked my emails they have sent me an email telling me that they have taken out the first monthly instalment on $135. On the form i put that we were not sure of our date of arrival (as we only need the cover note)

Why have IMAN done this? I have sent them an unhappy email asking for them to return the money to our credit card so i will have to wait and see what they come back with. :mad:

Has this happened to anyone else?

Mel

HELP

On Saturday night we applied for the medical insurance needed so we could submit our end of the application thinking it was going to cost us $50.

BUT when i checked my emails they have sent me an email telling me that they have taken out the first monthly instalment on $135. On the form i put that we were not sure of our date of arrival (as we only need the cover note)

Why have IMAN done this? I have sent them an unhappy email asking for them to return the money to our credit card so i will have to wait and see what they come back with. :mad:

Has this happened to anyone else?

Mel

You must of missed some thing on the application form as they only took the $50 from me. They are good at responding and im sure they will sort the problem out for you.

Guest koeieboei
Hi

Just noticed on your post that you had your 457 finalised 2nd Feb but not flying out until middle March. Will that be more that the 4 weeks I thought you were allowed after success of visa?

I am hoping to fly out early May as start work 1st June 2010 meds have been finalised but still not heard anything.

Hi Yindavies,

We only had our meds finalised on the 2nd, visa is not yet granted. The 4 week rule is new to me, not heard of it before. I have heard from other people on the forum they sometimes don't grant your visa until 1 month before the start date given on the application even if your application is complete and approved. Our start date however was 1st of march on the visa application, with a leaving date of 20th of feb.

Re aushealth: I have noticed the 'interim membership' button on the website has disappeared a few weeks ago. Might they have stopped it? We have the interim membership from aushealth, they charged us $50 a few weeks ago.

Guest pablofet1
Hi Yindavies,

Re aushealth: I have noticed the 'interim membership' button on the website has disappeared a few weeks ago. Might they have stopped it? We have the interim membership from aushealth, they charged us $50 a few weeks ago.

Yes it does seem to be the case. This is the email we received this morning.

Dear Paul,

To issue a letter for DIAC we require the first payment up front. If

however your visa is not granted we will refund your $135.00.

Unfortunately we no longer offer Interim Certificates (cost $50.00)

Kind Regards

Jackie Vickers

Health Plans Department

Australian Health Plans

IMAN International Pty Ltd

So looks like those that got in quick were the lucky ones.

well my advise would be from here on in if you only require the certificate (because you are covered by reciprocal healthcare arrangements, medicare) make sure you request the minimal cover as we did as for the other policys it costs much more.

Mel

Got my nomination part granted today but my case officer has requested police checks as I had a drink driving conviction 9 years ago.

I had a police check done last year for employment purpose but its just over 12mths old by 2 days and its not done by acpo. Plus the police check does not show any convictions.

Ive emailed it across to them hoping they might accept it along with a copy of my driving licence showing the conviction.

Just hope this works as it will delay things quite a bit if I have to apply for acpo police checks to be done.

Fingers crossed.

Guest yindavies
Hi Yindavies,

We only had our meds finalised on the 2nd, visa is not yet granted. The 4 week rule is new to me, not heard of it before. I have heard from other people on the forum they sometimes don't grant your visa until 1 month before the start date given on the application even if your application is complete and approved. Our start date however was 1st of march on the visa application, with a leaving date of 20th of feb.

We had our meds finalised 4th Feb but not heard anything since, can we except that as confirmation of visa? I want to book flights, container, accomodation etc as we`re only looking at about 9 weeks before flying but I am hesitant to pay out for anything until confirmation of visa. Also trying to rent out our property. Just feel everything on hold until we hear from dept about visa. We have not been asked for police checks, do we need these.

Guest koeieboei

certainly wouldn't take it as confirmation of visa. We thought they'd ask for medicals only if they were happy with all other docs and thought it was the last 'hurdle', however, a week after the meds showed as finalised they asked for more info on speeding fines I declared on the application. Wonder if they are still going to ask for more docs or that's it now. No police clearance requested so far, don't think they do it often with 457's but they might do now because of my 'convictions' (speeding, on foreign licence in the UK but feel a criminal now!!)

It's very hard if you are going short term and want to make arrangements. We decided not to send our stuff over or arrange for a house & flights etc until we have our visa in hand. It's frustrating, i've taken time off work to arrange everything, we're half paked etc...now just bored, sitting at home and waiting!

Hi all,

I have been reading your threads with interest as we also are playing the waiting game.

My husband was offered a job on 13th December and sponsorship on 457 visa.

Meds were done on 15th Jan bit not sent until 20th. Police certificate and character declaration were all done and frontloaded.

Visa application sent 8th Feb. Health insurance copy requested and sent on 17th Feb - nomination approved.

Heard nothing since.

Husband due to start new job on 1st March but we havent booked flights or anything. We all feel like our life is on hold.

Cant believe that we will have to go through all this again for PR..... Aghhhhh.!!!!

Good luck everyone, I hope we all hear something soon.

Elaine.:arghh:

Hey,

Great news.... Got our visa approved today.!!!!! Woooo hoooo Came through by email from our migration guy - so just 15 days altogether.

Apparantly you dont need anything in your visa anymore, just turn up at airport and it is on DIAC system...!!

Hubby booking flights for 10 days time and we are to follow in 8 weeks. Now is the time to panic.

Heres hoping we are doing the right thing.

Elaine.xxx:eek:

Its not always a case of being suitable for you,, the 457 is a great visa and as worked well for many many people. There is however the odd person/family who have come unstuck on this visa, i know personally of 2 guys who lost their jobs for one reason or another,, if this happens and you are pretty settled here it can be a shock to the system and blooming hard work to try and find an employer to take over the visa within the short time frame immigration give you to do so,, if you cannot find an alternative employer you have no choice but to leave the country. As i say if you are settled with kids in school, a house bought etc etc it can be a shock and is certainly something that you should be aware can happen.

Cal x

Good points Cal,

I remember a TV program which had a few UK families on who had come over on 457 visas, sold up in the UK, got the family over here, kids in school and bought a house. They had then lost the job during the downturn and been required to go back to the UK. They were on TV, kids and wife crying, saying it was un-Australian to send them back when they so obviously wanted to stay.

The point is with this visa everyone should be aware of the pitfalls and not assume that they are going to end up with PR.

I have been looking and possibly found a sponsor , 457 route is maybe my only way, I,m the wrong side of 40, have been running and working in garages all my life, skilled route is closed off for the next two years for me, regional areas away from the city are struggling to find staff and have had the same advert running for 3 months. I realise that I maybe taking a chance and that the visa does not offer much security, whoever if I need to find another sponsor if I stay in the country I should be fine , and I have a good agent who is doing the paperwork now. Who knows, will give it a go anyway

Just depends where you end up. Country Australia can be pretty rugged, hot and dusty. I might sound like a whingeing pom here but far from it. I love where we have ended up in Perth and wouldn't have a bad thing to say about it. we have been here since 92 and it's the best move we ever made. My wife and family think the same too and we are the only ones over here. However I have often made the comment that had I been sent to Kalgoorlie or somewhere in land where we couldn't get to the beach it would have driven me crazy and I don't think we would have stayed.

Just shows that it takes all kinds though and not everyone likes the beach and some people will, no doubt, like Kalgoorlie. It just wouldn't have been any good for us.

Hi stewe,

what company have you managed to get employer sponsorship from, if you dont mind me asking.

Im a sparky too, but off to WA, just wondered if your company has a base around Perth area.

We are desperately looking for a sponsor !!

Cheers, and good luck.

Scott and Tina

Don't know whether this will help but check the Gorgon project website. It's a massive project and the site lists companies who have tendered for work. You might have a bit of joy with one of those. Or maybe Woodside direct.

Guest Ambassador

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss got my 457 visa approved, submitted 5th Feb! :biggrin:

(No medical or chest x ray or criminal record search needed)

This is one surreal feeling :goofy:

Guest Ambassador

I believe the company is going to book the ticket for Friday 12th March....same flight? Now that would be weird lol :eek:

They were going to book a flixi ticket in case the visa not awarded in time, so if they have not already booked it they may want me to go sooner (they want me there yesterday)......but thing is i need the 3 weeks to sort my house out to get ready for renting. Lots of DIY to do :mask:

I will advise them the visa has been awarded and see what they come back with

Guest missvet

I applied on 13th Jan. I was hoping I'd be one of the lucky ones to get it through in 2 weeks! This is torture, every morning I wake up and check my emails and online status and then I'm in a bad mood for the rest of the day and just slob around in my PJs and dressing gown... I may soon take up drinking and smoking heavily to pass the time...

I think my PJs and dressing gown may need a wash after 6 weeks of this... :embarrassed:

Guest Ambassador

Well you should hopefully not be far off, they say 2 months which must be max time scale so that means you should only have 3 weeks maximum..... but likely less time to wait

Archived