Any one waiting for 457 visa or got there's????

stewe12345

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats you guys for getting your visa's

I recon we could of had ours today if I didnt have to get a police check done.

Fingers crossed this time next week for us as police check only takes 2 days to process plus postage and im able to email it across.

We are planing to fly on the 15th march if its dealt with quick enough.

Guest pablofet1

Haven't been on for a couple of days and i have missed sooo much.

CONGRATULATIONS to all of those that have received their visa:yes:

Mel

Guest pablofet1
Congrats you guys for getting your visa's

I recon we could of had ours today if I didnt have to get a police check done.

Fingers crossed this time next week for us as police check only takes 2 days to process plus postage and im able to email it across.

We are planing to fly on the 15th march if its dealt with quick enough.

Fingers crossed stewe12345 that next week will be you week.:smile:

Mel

Guest yindavies

Am I right in thinking you don`t get your 457 visa until 4 weeks before work start date? If so do they at least let you know if your gonna get it. Iwant to make plans but reluctant until heard about visa. Med finalised 4th Feb but work start date 1st June 2010. Any ideas?

Am I right in thinking you don`t get your 457 visa until 4 weeks before work start date? If so do they at least let you know if your gonna get it. Iwant to make plans but reluctant until heard about visa. Med finalised 4th Feb but work start date 1st June 2010. Any ideas?

Not sure about that, I know they ask for a start date on the application and they give you a date you must arrive by. I wouldnt of thought they would hold back granting a visa until 4 weeks before as applications are processed in order of the date submited.

What they might do is grant your visa and give you 4 weeks to go even though you dont start until 1st June. (Dont quote me on that, just an idea)

Where does it state they only give 4 weeks after granting a visa??

I know I have seen a few people being told this but it may depend on there situation.

Nomination lodged on 24/02/10

Visa Application lodged on 25/02/10

Starting with my new employer on Monday.

Hope I'm allowed to actually start with my new employer. Currently the WHV expires on 26/03/10 and the application status screen says bridging visa granted.

Guest hgierthy

Our 457 visa took 3mths from application to coming through. Didnt seem to be any problem..

..but again im going to ask why be aware??

Guest pablofet1
Our 457 visa took 3mths from application to coming through. Didnt seem to be any problem..

..but again im going to ask why be aware??

Were you requested to do police checks & meds or did it take 3mths without this?

Also did you put the visa required date 3mths from lodgement?

Guest hgierthy

My hubbys work done everything, and total process was from application to visa being granted was 3mths, . We had them come back to us a couple of time inbetween to get paperwork sign'd by my ex-hubby regarding my oldest son. As they want'd confirmation he was allowing us to take him out the country, i would say this was the biggest hassel as 1st it was a lawyers letter with confirmation, then they sent through paperwork for ex to sign, then they came back again asking for ex's passport also. We didnt have to do a police check for any off us. They asked if we had any criminal record in application form, but no offical check.

Guest Ambassador

RE The 457 Visa, just to get confirmation - if you are from the UK you dont need any kind of physical visa in your passport ?

I would prefer to have something in my passport!! :daydreaming:

RE The 457 Visa, just to get confirmation - if you are from the UK you dont need any kind of physical visa in your passport ?

I would prefer to have something in my passport!! :daydreaming:

I was thinking the same, worried in case you go over to Oz and they ask where your visa is then send you back to the UK. Lol

Can you mail your passport to the Australian console or something?

Not sure if you can or not any more but I know many on PIO have gone over to Australia with just there pasport and a copy of the email granting the visa and they have been fine.

Be nice to see a slip in your passport tho.

Any news for you this week stewe12345?:huh:

Only got the Police Check back today and just uploaded it to the case worker. I think it was only the police check they was waiting for...

Fingers Crossed we get the magical email in the Morning !!!

Dont think we could wait all weekend to find out, it would kill us.

Bubbly is on Ice calling so come on case worker :wink:

Guest yindavies

I could scream! Been patiently waiting on a daily basis for my 457, meds finalised 4th Feb 2010, or so I thought. I have been emailing my CO since Nov (5 times) asking if there was anything else required etc and have had no response since Nov 09. Emailed her yesterday with concerns that time was getting close etc. (8 weeks) before departure. Email received of her today saying she was still waiting for medical for my 15 year daughter which she requested 20/11/09. I have kept every email and checked my online application where it has only requested meds for myself. My daughter is diabetic. She hasn`t stated what health checks are required, any idea as I would like to try and arrange today and by the time I email CO back its going to be potentially next week before I get reply. Will I be able to download health results as mine took total of 4 weeks to get posted by doctor to Australia?

Any information greatly received.

Guest pablofet1
Only got the Police Check back today and just uploaded it to the case worker. I think it was only the police check they was waiting for...

Fingers Crossed we get the magical email in the Morning !!!

Dont think we could wait all weekend to find out, it would kill us.

Bubbly is on Ice calling so come on case worker :wink:

Fingers crossed for you. I bet you are almost holding you breath.:wideeyed:

We had an email yesterday to tell us that our application is progessing and they aim to process our application within 28 days.

Is this what everyone else received?

We haven't had an introduction as yet from a case officer but the email said that they will be in contact should they require any further info.

Mel

Guest pablofet1
Our visas got granted end of last week! We've now booked the shipping of our stuff and will be leaving the UK on the 1st April, hope thats not too much of an ominous date!

CONGRATULATIONS

I'm sure any day is a good day if it means you have that all important visa to leave for Oz.

You must be very excited

Good luck

Mel:biggrin:

Guest reginekang

My sponsor applied the 457 visa for me and family and it took around a month for them to get it done. My visa was granted in Nov 09 and my employer gone thru agent for all the process. I'm sure if all documentation are in order it's just a matter of time. Maybe your delay is due to the driving conviction some time ago.

Wishing you all the best

Archived