Any one waiting for 457 visa or got there's????

stewe12345

Just wondering who is waiting for 457 visa and trying to get a idea of the current time lines at the moment because of the xmas back log.

Our visa should come through any day now and the waitings killing us.

There is no movement on the sponsorship or nomination so not sure if every thing will get processed in one day.

My company applied for Sponsorship and nomination on 22/12/09

28/1/10 Sponsorship Processed further

Employer request for further document from case worker 28/1/10

03/02/2010 Sponsorship Granted.

23/02/2010 Nomination Granted

I applied for 457 visa on the 29/12/09

Acknowledgment of application on 18/01/10,

02/02/2010 Application processed further

23/02/2010 Police Check required due to previous drink driving conviction in 2001

Trade is Electrician

Please add your time lines so we can get a idea.

Thanks

Stewart

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pablofet1

My husband was offered 2yr sponsorship this week.

We are awaiting confirmation of salary & package to be offered. Hopefully if all goes well the ball will start rolling for our 457 this coming week.

Good luck with your grant hopefully you dont have too long to wait now.

Mel:jiggy:

Guest missvet

Hi Stewart,

I'm not sure exactly when my sponsor applied for sponsorship and nomination but it was December sometime.

I applied for my visa on 14/1/10 and they requested further info on 18/1/10.

They acknowledged the further info I supplied on 25/1/10.

I haven't heard anymore since.

I've read that some 457s have taken as little as 14 days before xmas but with xmas backlog who knows?!? Let's hope its quick!

Which office is processing your application? I think it can vary from office to office depending on how many applications they get. Melbourne is dealing with mine.

I applied at Sydney office as going to Qld.

Really hoping we will get it next week as the waiting is killing us. Lol

Yer we have seen some go through in 14 day but think most of these are nurses where the hospitals already have the sponsorship part granted.

I'm not sure about the employer part, but my agent told me my application was submitted on 11 January. They emailed again this week and said the Case Officer needed clarification on something, and that they would have another update for me by next Wednesday (3 Feb).

That's all fine and dandy, but we fly on 9 Feb, so it's cutting a bit fine!

As a worst case scenario, we may get Working Holiday Visas, but OH turns 31 on 7 Feb, so we'd need to do it before then...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Good luck to you all!

Guest missvet
I'm not sure about the employer part, but my agent told me my application was submitted on 11 January. They emailed again this week and said the Case Officer needed clarification on something, and that they would have another update for me by next Wednesday (3 Feb).

As a worst case scenario, we may get Working Holiday Visas, but OH turns 31 on 7 Feb, so we'd need to do it before then...

Good luck to you all!

How easy is it to get a working holiday visa once a 457 has been lodged? I phoned up about it and was told that it wasn't as easy as that as you have to prove that it is a genuine holiday as once 457 is lodged it looks suspicious!! My employer is wants me to go out asap so would be ideal if I could go out on working hol visa in the meantime (although, I also read it takes 2 weeks to get it anyway)!

Good luck to you all!

You have got a close one there. Just hope you get it all sorted in time. Plz keep us updated

Best of Luck

I'm moving with my job for 2 years and then coming back to the UK, so I'm not sure why the 457 wouldn't be suitable for me? I've got a guaranteed right to return to my role in the UK at any point during the 2 year period, so I'm not sure what I need to be aware of.. Oh and the Aus branch of my company has said they would support residency after 2 years if I did want to stay..

I don't have kids, so the temporary residence school fees fot state schools doesn't apply. And I get a tax break (LAFHA) on my rent and food thanks to the 457...

Sounds like its the right visa for me, to me.

Or am I missing something?

Its not always a case of being suitable for you,, the 457 is a great visa and as worked well for many many people. There is however the odd person/family who have come unstuck on this visa, i know personally of 2 guys who lost their jobs for one reason or another,, if this happens and you are pretty settled here it can be a shock to the system and blooming hard work to try and find an employer to take over the visa within the short time frame immigration give you to do so,, if you cannot find an alternative employer you have no choice but to leave the country. As i say if you are settled with kids in school, a house bought etc etc it can be a shock and is certainly something that you should be aware can happen.

Cal x

Guest missvet
Its not always a case of being suitable for you,, the 457 is a great visa and as worked well for many many people. There is however the odd person/family who have come unstuck on this visa, i know personally of 2 guys who lost their jobs for one reason or another,, if this happens and you are pretty settled here it can be a shock to the system and blooming hard work to try and find an employer to take over the visa within the short time frame immigration give you to do so,, if you cannot find an alternative employer you have no choice but to leave the country. As i say if you are settled with kids in school, a house bought etc etc it can be a shock and is certainly something that you should be aware can happen.

Cal x

Thanks Cal, I suppose we do take a massive risk on the 457. I have weighed this up before and figured that its worth it, but having said that, I have no children and employer has to provide my house etc because of my job. Moving to the other side of the world is a pretty big risk in itself anyway!

For some people the 457 is their only option and they so want to move to Oz that they'll risk it! :biggrin:

I have been looking and possibly found a sponsor , 457 route is maybe my only way, I,m the wrong side of 40, have been running and working in garages all my life, skilled route is closed off for the next two years for me, regional areas away from the city are struggling to find staff and have had the same advert running for 3 months. I realise that I maybe taking a chance and that the visa does not offer much security, whoever if I need to find another sponsor if I stay in the country I should be fine , and I have a good agent who is doing the paperwork now. Who knows, will give it a go anyway

Thanks Cal, I suppose we do take a massive risk on the 457. I have weighed this up before and figured that its worth it, but having said that, I have no children and employer has to provide my house etc because of my job. Moving to the other side of the world is a pretty big risk in itself anyway!

For some people the 457 is their only option and they so want to move to Oz that they'll risk it! :biggrin:

So true and if it was the only way we couldve got here i would be applying for it too then going for PR as soon as possible,, lots of luck with everything

Cal x

So, I sent all the paperwork across on the 10th of December.

On the 7th of Jan I chased it up, only to be told the visa management company had not yet got round to filing the application (arrggghh!)

I then chased again on the 26th of Jan, only to be told all the case officers athe the Aus immigration department were on holiday!

At this point I sent a somewhat shirty email to the HR department of my employer over in Aus. And would you belive it, I got my 457 though two days later!!

Will be on a plane to Melbourne on the 11th of February. Phew!

So I think there has been a delay over Christmas that is now being cleared.

Me and my girlfriend applied on the 5th of January 2010.....

457 visa

She being a nurse and the main applicant

Me being the spouse.

Email from emergration on the 15th of January 2010 @ 10am

Telling us that there is a massive backlog ---- 20min later another email telling us our VISA'S have just being granted ....

15 days in total..Not bad in my book, when we started this whole visa process we didnt have a clue. We looked into getting a agent. This site answered all our questions.

Job done!!!!

Guest angiem75

I'm starting to get worried now. I applied on 27/12/09. Meds received 11/01/10 and meds referred now since 22/01/10.

I called HOC last night, and she told me they only processing meds referred on 16/01/10. So could be another 2 weeks until my meds finilised let alone the visa getting granted:arghh:

I applied online, Sydney for e457 offshore, going to Queensland

I'm starting to feel like I dont care if we go now, so fed up of waiting. Its taking so long, cant arrange anything, until we have visa. We planned to go March, so need to hand in my notice at work by Friday the latest, what a joke!

Good look to all those still waiting x

Guest pablofet1
Your situating is almost the same as ours I done my Vetassess in April 09 applied for Qld SS and 175 in May 09 then got granted Qld ss and switched to 176 in Dec 09.

I got offered my job in Sep 09 and went tried to apply for a ENS but because of licensing issues I have to apply for 457 first to gain a full Electrician license before I can apply for a ENS Visa. Bit of a pain in the ass really..................

What is your husbands trade??

My husband is in the refrigeration & Air-con trade.

All this waiting around has been doing our heads in too, so when we found out that someone wants to sponsor us we were very excited & shocked as we have not been looking. It is going to turn out quite costly though as i think we are going to have to pay all the costs.:wacko:But hey if thats what we have to do to get us there then so be it!

Do you have any advice re medical insurance that is required?

Mel

Guest pablofet1

Good luck to you all!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh i was holding my breath just reading your post!:wideeyed:

Good luck for it all to come together in time and best wishes on your new life down under

Mel

Guest angiem75

All this waiting around has been doing our heads in too, so when we found out that someone wants to sponsor us we were very excited & shocked as we have not been looking. It is going to turn out quite costly though as i think we are going to have to pay all the costs.:wacko:But hey if thats what we have to do to get us there then so be it!

Mel

Hi Mel

I went to the IMAN website IMAN Australian Health Plans - Health Plans for Temporary Residents Working in Australia and got 457 visa insurance from them. Was very easy, cost $50 and they sent me all the paperwork needed for my visa application.

They send you a sort of interim policy, (which is what immi want) and you call them to activate the policy when you land in Oz.

Good luck with your move

Mel

With the medical insurance I signed up to IMAN Australian Health Plans - Health Plans for Temporary Residents Working in Australia it cost $50 to join and that will cover you for your application. Its only a cover cert saying you will take out insurance just for the application purpose. You can cancel it at any time and not take out the cover.

We are only useing the cert and not taking out the cover will then take out travel insurance until we sign up for medicare.

Archived