Any one waiting for 457 visa or got there's????

stewe12345

Our visa application was lodged on the 22/01/10, my partner received request to go for a chest x-ray on the 28/01/10, he's getting that done tomorrow, will keep you guys posted on how long it all takes! We are thinking of running a sweepstake on it, my bet would be that we get it through end of feb? Hope that is not too optimistic! :twitcy:

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pablofet1

Ah ok thats interesting.

Is travel insurance sufficient? As i have read that you are required to keep up a level of medical insurance to keep the visa valid.

Thank you so much for your help with this

Mel:biggrin:

Guest yindavies

Lodged my visa end November 2009, medicals done 8th January, posted from UK to Australia 21st January 2010, still waiting to hear something, anything to let me know my 457 is being processed. They haven`t asked for UK police checks yet. Do I need an Australian police check as well?

Lodged my visa end November 2009, medicals done 8th January, posted from UK to Australia 21st January 2010, still waiting to hear something, anything to let me know my 457 is being processed. They haven`t asked for UK police checks yet. Do I need an Australian police check as well?

Have you done it all youself or did you use an agent? Can you view the status of your application online? Hope you get some news soon!

Guest angiem75

Only if you have lived in Oz for 12 months or more at anytime. You need police check from any country that you have lived in for more than 12 months.

If like me you haven't lived anywhere but UK longer than 12 months, then you only need UK Police cert

Guest yindavies
Have you done it all youself or did you use an agent? Can you view the status of your application online? Hope you get some news soon!

Did it all myself, hasn`t been a difficult process it`s just the waiting. You can view your visa status online at any time. Still states medicals required, so hopefully they will have received them by now and are processing them?? I have sent my police check but the date is up 3rd March 2010 so not sure if I will have to get another one if the date is not long enough.

Ah ok thats interesting.

Is travel insurance sufficient? As i have read that you are required to keep up a level of medical insurance to keep the visa valid.

Thank you so much for your help with this

Mel:biggrin:

If you are from the UK you can sign up for Medicare which DIAC state you can do to maintain your VISA but you cant sign up for Medicare until you are there. The main thing they want to see is that you are covered until you sign up for Medicare. The only thing I have been told to get is cover for is Ambulance.

Did it all myself, hasn`t been a difficult process it`s just the waiting. You can view your visa status online at any time. Still states medicals required, so hopefully they will have received them by now and are processing them?? I have sent my police check but the date is up 3rd March 2010 so not sure if I will have to get another one if the date is not long enough.

Im pretty sure you dont need police checks for 457. I spoke to another member last week and they had there visa granted without requesting police checks.

Guest angiem75

Not sure if you need them for 457, but I had 1 already from a previous PR visa apllication. So I sent it anyway lol.

I had to withdraw due to ill health last year.

Ive just noticed that on my application status online 02/02/10 Application processed Further.

Hope this means a case worker is looking at my part of the application.

Checked on sponsorship status and thats still at application processed further on 28/1/10 but on the Nomination status there is no movement at all. Hmmmm

So confused now whats going on.

So frustrating not knowing whats going on.

Stew

Try not to stress.. You will be all OK. I know its one of those decisions that could change your life. Its raining here again in London I for one cant wait to leave.

If you have done everything they have asked you will be ok. I think most of us who applied where in your shoes with the waiting game.

I going in to the embassy on Thursday morning to get my visa stamped. I will update you on que status and how long it takes etc.

D

Guest koeieboei

For the timeline (457 visa, job in adelaide):

09-01-2010: sponsor approved, nomination lodged by sponsor

20-01-2010: started our part application (online)

25-01-2010: nomination approved. Meds requested

01-02-2010: meds done Manchester

02-02-2010: meds received + finalised, application further processed

Ive just noticed that on my application status online 02/02/10 Application processed Further.

Hope this means a case worker is looking at my part of the application.

Checked on sponsorship status and thats still at application processed further on 28/1/10 but on the Nomination status there is no movement at all. Hmmmm

So confused now whats going on.

So frustrating not knowing whats going on.

Hi stewe,

what company have you managed to get employer sponsorship from, if you dont mind me asking.

Im a sparky too, but off to WA, just wondered if your company has a base around Perth area.

We are desperately looking for a sponsor !!

Cheers, and good luck.

Scott and Tina

Stew

Try not to stress.. You will be all OK. I know its one of those decisions that could change your life. Its raining here again in London I for one cant wait to leave.

If you have done everything they have asked you will be ok. I think most of us who applied where in your shoes with the waiting game.

I going in to the embassy on Thursday morning to get my visa stamped. I will update you on que status and how long it takes etc.

D

You was lucky having your go through so quickly in 15 days. Been trying to get over there now for 2 years and just wanna be there now. Lol

Yer let us know how you get on at the embassy.

Cheers mate.

Hi stewe,

what company have you managed to get employer sponsorship from, if you dont mind me asking.

Im a sparky too, but off to WA, just wondered if your company has a base around Perth area.

We are desperately looking for a sponsor !!

Cheers, and good luck.

Scott and Tina

My employer is only a small company with two other sparks working for him in Qld. I know there is a fair bit of work around Perth but I tried sending some CV's out in that area and did'nt even get any replys.

Just keep trying some thing will turn up.

Best of luck.

Guest angiem75

Can't take this anymore, it's seriously stressing me out!!!:arghh:

I applied on 27/12/09 and they've had my meds since the 11/01/10.

I'm starting to think they lost them down a big black hole. Please please let there be some movement in the morning!!!!!! before I go insane.

Guest alansgirlfriend

Hiya everyone

Just reading through some of the posts regarding 457 Visa and was wondering if you could answer a few questions. We have recently completed 457 visa form. My partner is a mechanic and has possibility of sponsorship in Melbourne.

If we are successful, do we have to travel to London to get our passports stamped ?

Also see mention of health insurance, do we both have to obtain private medical insurance before we travel ?

Alan and Lynn :biggrin:

Hiya everyone

Just reading through some of the posts regarding 457 Visa and was wondering if you could answer a few questions. We have recently completed 457 visa form. My partner is a mechanic and has possibility of sponsorship in Melbourne.

If we are successful, do we have to travel to London to get our passports stamped ?

Also see mention of health insurance, do we both have to obtain private medical insurance before we travel ?

Alan and Lynn :biggrin:

You can post your passports off to the embassy or do it in person its up to you.

With health insurance DIAC require every member on the visa to have medical insurance for the purpose of the visa. Once you arrive you can sign up to medicare as your from the UK and cancel your insurance. DIAC say you can do this in the condtions for the 457.

Ive found IMAN Australian Health Plans - Health Plans for Temporary Residents Working in Australia will give you a certificate for $50 for the visa purpose which is who I have gone with. Its up to you if you take out there health insurance after that as this only for membership. Might be worth taking 1 months cover out until you sign up for medicare.

You will need ambulance cover if you are on medicare but ive been told this is included on electric bills in Qld. Not sure if this is true or what other state do.

Hope this helps

Stewart

Hi Stewart

You are right in QLD ambuance cover is added onto your electric bill so there is no need to take out an extra policy for this.

Cal x

Hi Cal

If we was to rent a private property where the electric is incuded in the rent would we still be covered??

Cheers

Stewart

Unless you are in holiday accommodation or temporary furnished you normally pay your own electric bills,, if you did stay somewhere long term that included your bills then your name would more than likely be on a lease agreement saying you lived there so i would imagine that would cover you should ever the need arise for you to call an ambulance.

Cal x

Unless you are in holiday accommodation or temporary furnished you normally pay your own electric bills,, if you did stay somewhere long term that included your bills then your name would more than likely be on a lease agreement saying you lived there so i would imagine that would cover you should ever the need arise for you to call an ambulance.

Cal x

Thanks for your help. Better make sure we pay the electric bill on time Lol

Guest angiem75

Forgive me if I seem a bit dim, but why do you get ambulance cover with your electric???

Is there something we not been told about the wiring out there lol! Better get more UK Electricians out there ASAP.:biglaugh:

Archived