Any one waiting for 457 visa or got there's????

stewe12345

Guest yindavies

We finally received our 457 visas today, yipee. Booking flights for May,can`t believe its all going to happen. Good luck to all those waiting, it really does happen.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my visa last night! Received email at 11pm, which would have been midnight in Sydney where my case officer is based.

25/02/2010 Visa and nomination application lodged

02/03/2010 Nomination approved

03/03/2010 Case officer emailed asking for proof of ID, certified references, proof of qualifications and health insurance.

26/03/2010 Working holiday visa expired and went on to bridging visa

31/03/2010 supplied case officer with paperwork, with proof of qualifications and half of my references still outstanding as I was waiting on these to come from Ireland.

06/04/2010 457 visa granted

All worked out well for me. Surprised the case officer didn't want the remainder of the paperwork. Could have saved $71 on paying for certified copies of qualifications, including $20 for sterling draft..

Guest pablofet1

Wow CONGRATS guys, i think all the staff must have returned from their Bank Holiday break raring to go go go

WE GOT OURS TOO!!!!!!!

All systems go now , i am booking flights for May

Woo Hoo:laugh:it feels good

Mel

Our primary 457 visa has been lodged for a week now but it won't let me lodge my de factor partner secondary bit. Have tried contacting visa office but no word yet. It gives me an error when I think it's trying to find the TRN and DoB of my girlfriends visa application. Anyone else experienced this?

Guest pablofet1

Hello Robdav

I'm sorry no one has been able to help you with your question.

I think you may be better starting a new thread on the forum as more people are likely to read it.

Good luck:biggrin:

Guest 1ucasbe11a

We applied on 25th March 2010 and have heard nothing since. Am I right in thinking that the average time is about 6 weeks?

Hello,

A fairly recent 457 approval. I'm already on a 457 so it's effectively a "renewal" even though it's a new application.

27/01/2010 - lodged

16/02/2010 - granted

The sponsorship and nomination were already in place.

HTH,

Mike

I thought with the new rules that if you changed sponsor you did not have to lodge a new visa and the sponsor just did the nomination bit

Guest sittinghorn

Yes yes and thrice yes.

457 visa granted this morning. Lodged 21 feb 2010

now starting to panic, we'll be off in 4 weeks or thereabouts; sydney here come

Yes yes and thrice yes.

457 visa granted this morning. Lodged 21 feb 2010

now starting to panic, we'll be off in 4 weeks or thereabouts; sydney here come

Nice one sittinghorn, really pleased for you.

We lodged our 457 on the 30th March, assigned a CO on 8th April but she hasn't acknowledged any of our three e-mails so far or lodged 'information received' on the visa application checking web page. Was this similar to your experience.

Any idea whereabouts in Sydney are you heading? That's where we're going, probably North Shore somewhere close to town if we can,

Guest awhartj

Hello.

I recieved my 457 3 weeks ago. I applied only 2 weeks before that. Was very suprised by the quick turnaround.

Guest sittinghorn
Nice one sittinghorn, really pleased for you.

We lodged our 457 on the 30th March, assigned a CO on 8th April but she hasn't acknowledged any of our three e-mails so far or lodged 'information received' on the visa application checking web page. Was this similar to your experience.

Any idea whereabouts in Sydney are you heading? That's where we're going, probably North Shore somewhere close to town if we can,

They do take longer than 7 days to reply, it took 3 weeks for me to get a case officer after lodging additional info and then a further week before we really started to communicate, probably because of Corporate issues that needed to be cleard up. Once we did start to communicate her replies were back within 2 days max. What is the name of your CO. Mine was Janet Lieu. She was helpful. At least you have a CO, thats a good sign.

Not sure where we are going yet. Looked at Cronulla in the South and Dee Why/Curl Curl in the North. Would like to move to Manly but its very expensive and likely to get really busy in the Summer. Will let you know when we are sorted.

Guest elle2010

Hi all,

Been reading this thread for quite some time. Seems like most of the 457 visas were granted an average between 4-8 weeks, and some took even longer.

Mine are the following:

19 March 2010 - Application received - processing commenced

23 March 2010 - X-ray received

24 March 2010 - Health requirements finalized

31 March 2010 - Application being processed further

Its been 4 weeks since my application started and 2 weeks since the x-ray and insurance policy requirements received. I still haven't heard anything from DIAC as yet.

Really getting worried. :confused: Can't make any plans as yet.:frown:

~ elle2010

Guest awhartj

Hello Elle

My imigration agent told me that the process will not start to be processed until after the Xrays are recieved as OK, this means your application will really not be looked at until 23rd of March. There is no need to worry if you meet all the requirments. We got ours 2 weeks after the X rays were recieved however people at the same company took 4 weeks. As with most of these processes they review the forms part by part. Are you ready to send additional documentation if requested?

Police checks (ACPO certificates) take minimum 1 weeks turnaround. Not to say they will ask for them or that you will need one, but they asked for mine laterin the process. If time is short you may want to think about getting these done in advance although at 70pounds (short turnaround)they are not cheap particularly if they are not required, however if they request one then you will be gutted as its another delay.

Also dont forget your sponser needs also to provide information, make sure they are on the ball.

I was so worried it kept me awake at night but in the end it was fine, your timing is really not late yet.

Guest elle2010
Hello Elle

My imigration agent told me that the process will not start to be processed until after the Xrays are recieved as OK, this means your application will really not be looked at until 23rd of March. There is no need to worry if you meet all the requirments. We got ours 2 weeks after the X rays were recieved however people at the same company took 4 weeks. As with most of these processes they review the forms part by part. Are you ready to send additional documentation if requested?

Police checks (ACPO certificates) take minimum 1 weeks turnaround. Not to say they will ask for them or that you will need one, but they asked for mine laterin the process. If time is short you may want to think about getting these done in advance although at 70pounds (short turnaround)they are not cheap particularly if they are not required, however if they request one then you will be gutted as its another delay.

Also dont forget your sponser needs also to provide information, make sure they are on the ball.

I was so worried it kept me awake at night but in the end it was fine, your timing is really not late yet.

Thanks Awhartj for your explanation. I really appreciate it.

I emailed my employer's agent for an update and she informed me that she have already provided all the necessary documents required by DIAC and that we are just wating for DIAC's results.

On the other hand, my friend had just been granted a 457 visa as well. He told me that it took 4 weeks after all the requirements have been submitted for DIAC to grant him visa. Same as your colleagues.

Which brings me to an assumption. If I'm gonna count from the time I got the "application being processed further" status which is 31 March 2010, then this week is just going 3rd week for me. That means I can at least expect results by the end of next week.

Oh well. I'll just keep by fingers crossed and pray harder as well. :sad:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aussie Wannabe

Hi all,

457 approved yesterday after 10 weeks of waiting.

All the best to all waiting & hopefully everyone gets through ASAP. Will be heading Down under next week...

cheers

Guest awhartj

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our container is now on the high seas so if you need any advice with packing, shipping etc let me know.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our container is now on the high seas so if you need any advice with packing, shipping etc let me know.

Which company did you use? Have they been OK so far?

Thanks.

Guest awhartj

Hello

We used Interdean. They are a large firm and we had very good service from them. I guess you are being sponsered and your company will pay for your relocation? If this is the case then I would recommend them no doubt (I am not sure about their costs so if you pay yourself, shop around)

We have sent a 20ft container which was full to the brim (2 bed flat, Myself and Wife, no kids, 1 cat). We took everything, our colleagues who have moved regretted not taking appliances, sheets, furniture etc as they thought (wrongly) that Australia will be cheaper or maybe the same as the UK.

This is not the case, example my friend wants me to ship his Dyson. 800AUS which is far more expensive than the UK. We took the lot, gave it a good scrub and Interdean made an excellent job of packing. The container is going by Mearsk, you get a number, and if your a saddo like me you can log onto a website and track the ship real time at sea. updated every few minutes :-)

Hello

We used Interdean. They are a large firm and we had very good service from them. I guess you are being sponsered and your company will pay for your relocation? If this is the case then I would recommend them no doubt (I am not sure about their costs so if you pay yourself, shop around)

We have sent a 20ft container which was full to the brim (2 bed flat, Myself and Wife, no kids, 1 cat). We took everything, our colleagues who have moved regretted not taking appliances, sheets, furniture etc as they thought (wrongly) that Australia will be cheaper or maybe the same as the UK.

This is not the case, example my friend wants me to ship his Dyson. 800AUS which is far more expensive than the UK. We took the lot, gave it a good scrub and Interdean made an excellent job of packing. The container is going by Mearsk, you get a number, and if your a saddo like me you can log onto a website and track the ship real time at sea. updated every few minutes :-)

Very useful. Do you mind me asking what a 20ft container costs? Long story but we're not getting relocation expenses so will have to cover ourselves. I have two bedroom flat, no kids but one girlfriend. Renting flat furnished so can't take the white goods but it seems like the thing to do.

Thanks, Rob.

Guest awhartj

Sorry no idea about the costs as this was invoiced back to my new company. If you are paying everything yourself then your choice of move will depend on how much hassle you are willing to take yourself. Interdean will come to your home 1st, review and then quote. Next 3 guys will come, pack everything (stickers used to indicate what will stay), they will pack everything from the shelves and kitchen (you pack nothing), they wrap all your furniture etc, mark up the boxes. This takes 1 day. Next day they come back with the container. Load and go. Before all this you will have to make an insurance declaration of all your goods and their value. (for Ozzy customs), plus any declared goods. (wooden items, cosmetics etc). This is one reason why Interdean pack all, they need to witness the insurance items. It is no hassle and they will engage either themselves in Australia or another firm to recieve the container and make the customs clearance in Australia.

I am not sure, but I guess if you have the time, you could do all this yourself and save a ton of money. Perhaps somebody on the forum has relocated themselves?

Guest sharpie76
Very useful. Do you mind me asking what a 20ft container costs? Long story but we're not getting relocation expenses so will have to cover ourselves. I have two bedroom flat, no kids but one girlfriend. Renting flat furnished so can't take the white goods but it seems like the thing to do.

Thanks, Rob.

Hi Rob we are in the process of moving our furniture in a 20ft container only using 600cft half a container load and that has done a 3 bed house!!! going to share it cheapest way. Prices differ from £2800 - £4,000 so shop around Pss seem to be giving competitve prices you could also try brittania removals. Hope this helps Nicki :smile:

Archived