Category 5 News

Guest Gollywobbler

Well checked my online status and most things on there are MET !!!!!!!!!!!

The only things required are Harrison's new passport which I know they have as when I called DIAC to see if they had everything they needed the lady told me she had Harrison's new passport !

The other thing is Tim's work experience says further checking required and I would say they must be checking if he is still doing this job as the information they have was sent end of 2008, he is still working for the same company so this should help.

So looks like we have a case officer :spinny:

We did not have one before the 23rd September so looks like things are moving :wink:

Wine O'Clock tonight everyone

Emma and Gang

Wow we submitted our visa day after you, congrats you have given us hope!!!!

Enjoy your wine!!!!!!!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Emma & Gang, hope it is a sign of good things to come......:biggrin:

We lodged our applicaion in January 09, and our page has not changed......

We have not frontladed our medicals & PC's, do you think they are processing the ones who have.

If so I may arrange my meds (ha ha) :biglaugh:

Keep us updated.

Donna

Congrats Emma & Gang, hope it is a sign of good things to come......:biggrin:

We lodged our applicaion in January 09, and our page has not changed......

We have not frontladed our medicals & PC's, do you think they are processing the ones who have.

If so I may arrange my meds (ha ha) :biglaugh:

Keep us updated.

Donna

Two words that helped us

DAVID WILDEN xxxxxxxx

Guest Violet S

oh so sorry about this. Was seeing a lot of congratulations notes just now...

so, is this the first time you were being allocated with CO? Am still waiting for our dear CO... :-)

Guest donsayuriru

Thanks Gill. Well, we got a CO back in Feb 3rd, apparently before Feb 8th. But I know the changes "again" came in while the visa was still being processed. I guess all hope for a near visa decision is lost after MD42.

Hi there

DIAC never, ever said that all 3,500 Cat 5 applications which they held by the end of November 2009 would be processed by 30th June 2010. DIAC insisted that only "a few" of them would be processed by 30/06/2010 and that DIAC's focus would be on the applications where a CO had asked for the meds and pccs to be done.

Ministerial Direction 42 came into force on 23rd September 2009. Ministerial Direction 45 came into force on 8th February 2010 and MD42 no longer has any effect.

I think that the current ASPC information e-mail is much clearer than all the words and new "information sheets" on the DIAC website. The information e-mail thread is below:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/78598-aspc-adelaide-processing-update-email-9-february.html

The information e-mail is carefully worded so that it will rarely need changing. If/when it does need to be altered, the e-mail is changed on Tuesdays each week.

You can obtain your own copy of the above e-mail whenever you like. Please send a completely blank e-mail to aspc.processing@immi.gov.au The DIAC computer will send you an auto-reply within about an hour.

According to a reply that somebody got to a recent PLE, some of the COs at the ASPC are busy with CSL applications at the moment.

I would suggest a PLE to the ASPC to ask them where your own application stands at present.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Miajohnson

Hello, everyone. I got a reply for my complaint as follow.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF FEEDBACK

Dear Ms xx

Thank you for your correspondence that was received on 23 February 2010.

Our Independent Skilled Migration Policy section has provided the following response in relation to your feedback regarding the recent changes to Skilled Migration Program.

The Australian Government is aware that the priority processing Direction impacts on many applicants who will now have to wait longer for their visas to be processed. However, the Government must also take into account the effect of the difficult labour market conditions which migrants, Australian permanent residents and citizens currently face. The priority processing Direction has been designed to ensure that the economy gets the skills it needs now, rather than those of visa applicants who applied first.

The new Ministerial Direction on priority processing applies to all GSM applications including those in the final stages of processing. Case officers must adhere to this Direction. Priority processing is an administrative arrangement, and impacts on the order in which applications are considered. It is not retrospective legislation as it does not change the criteria for the grant of a GSM visa. Departmental officers must follow this Ministerial direction, which applies to both new applications and those applications awaiting a decision.

The Australian Government appreciates that migration is a major life decision and can be emotionally and financially stressful for applicants. Applicants are advised when they apply for a visa that there is no guarantee of a visa being granted. For this reason, the Department consistently provides information to applicants recommending they do not make any irreversible arrangements before being advised formally that their visa applications have been approved. This includes selling their property, resigning from current employment, purchasing travel tickets or booking airline flights, particularly in circumstances where it is a visa requirement that the applicant be offshore at the time of approval.

For further information please see: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/whats-new.htm

I hope this information is of some assistance.

Yours sincerely

Inna Kasyan

Global Feedback Unit

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

25 February 2010

Hello, everyone. I got a reply for my complaint as follow.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF FEEDBACK

Dear Ms xx

Thank you for your correspondence that was received on 23 February 2010.

Our Independent Skilled Migration Policy section has provided the following response in relation to your feedback regarding the recent changes to Skilled Migration Program.

The Australian Government is aware that the priority processing Direction impacts on many applicants who will now have to wait longer for their visas to be processed. However, the Government must also take into account the effect of the difficult labour market conditions which migrants, Australian permanent residents and citizens currently face. The priority processing Direction has been designed to ensure that the economy gets the skills it needs now, rather than those of visa applicants who applied first.

The new Ministerial Direction on priority processing applies to all GSM applications including those in the final stages of processing. Case officers must adhere to this Direction. Priority processing is an administrative arrangement, and impacts on the order in which applications are considered. It is not retrospective legislation as it does not change the criteria for the grant of a GSM visa. Departmental officers must follow this Ministerial direction, which applies to both new applications and those applications awaiting a decision.

The Australian Government appreciates that migration is a major life decision and can be emotionally and financially stressful for applicants. Applicants are advised when they apply for a visa that there is no guarantee of a visa being granted. For this reason, the Department consistently provides information to applicants recommending they do not make any irreversible arrangements before being advised formally that their visa applications have been approved. This includes selling their property, resigning from current employment, purchasing travel tickets or booking airline flights, particularly in circumstances where it is a visa requirement that the applicant be offshore at the time of approval.

For further information please see: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/whats-new.htm

I hope this information is of some assistance.

Yours sincerely

Inna Kasyan

Global Feedback Unit

25 February 2010

I dont know what to make of this reply due to the recent news paper reports in oz saying low on trades men, what are they playing at.

proview

An interesting read from the latest press release from HIA - the Housing Industry Association, dated 16 Feb 2010.

http://economics.hia.asn.au/media/HIA-Austral%20Bricks%20Trades%20Report%20Release%20-%20Dec%2009%20qtr.pdf

I particularly like this part of the press release;

"Immigration policy is also an important focus at the same time as we look to bolster the ranks of the domestic skilled workforce over the next few years. The current immigration framework is less than effective in plugging skilled labour shortages in the residential sector as distinct from the wider construction industry and HIA have sought to work with the Government to address this issue," Harley Dale said.

Guest rufndtuf

yesterday, I had received the Reply for my PLE. Though it sounds more like a standard reply, I am stilll happy that my application is under processing (still it is Live!).

happy waiting!

keep posting!!

Dear Mr xx

Thank you for your email in relation to your clients visa application

under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

At present this application is undergoing routine processing.

Unfortunately, ensuring all the legal requirements are met in relation to

an application can take some time.

The case officer is following up on the status of the application on a

regular basis to ensure it is being processed as soon as practicable. You

will be contacted if we require additional information to process your

application.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Yours sincerely,

xxx for

ASPC communications unit

General Skilled Migration

Guest sparamjit

Thanks atleast some good news from your side for 475. I applied on October 11, 2008, everything met except job verification (I think), still not hearing anything from them.

yesterday, I had received the Reply for my PLE. Though it sounds more like a standard reply, I am stilll happy that my application is under processing (still it is Live!). :confused:

happy waiting!

keep posting!!

Dear Mr xx

Thank you for your email in relation to your clients visa application

under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

At present this application is undergoing routine processing.

Unfortunately, ensuring all the legal requirements are met in relation to

an application can take some time.

The case officer is following up on the status of the application on a

regular basis to ensure it is being processed as soon as practicable. You

will be contacted if we require additional information to process your

application.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Yours sincerely,

xxx for

ASPC communications unit

General Skilled Migration

Guest landarjatt

Name: Landarjatt

ASCO & Occupation?: Refri and AC Mechanic

Date and subclass of original application?: 00/01/09 475 submitted

Date SS received, which state?: SA SS recieved Dec2008

Date CO awarded?: June2009

Meds & PCCs frontloaded? If so, when? (Y/N & date): y

Date CO asked for additional info? (i.e., before Aug/2009):

Date meds & PCCs sent or uploaded?:due to exp PCC letest one send pccs- sept 2009

Date everything finalised/RECIVED?: 13/7/2009

Date granted?: when ll my trn?????????????? pls tell me

i m waiting when CO request for fee of spouse ....coze she cannot do ielts

now on 26 feb2010 CO request for 2nd fee, i also send it ..

any body tell me what happen now with my case

Guest cassenova06
Name: Landarjatt

ASCO & Occupation?: Refri and AC Mechanic

Date and subclass of original application?: 00/01/09 475 submitted

Date SS received, which state?: SA SS recieved Dec2008

Date CO awarded?: June2009

Meds & PCCs frontloaded? If so, when? (Y/N & date): y

Date CO asked for additional info? (i.e., before Aug/2009):

Date meds & PCCs sent or uploaded?:due to exp PCC letest one send pccs- sept 2009

Date everything finalised/RECIVED?: 13/7/2009

Date granted?: when ll my trn?????????????? pls tell me

i m waiting when CO request for fee of spouse ....coze she cannot do ielts

now on 26 feb2010 CO request for 2nd fee, i also send it ..

any body tell me what happen now with my case

You will get your visa so soon.......Enjoy!!!!!!!!:jiggy:

Archived