Category 5 News

Guest Gollywobbler

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest timpage
guess what we got our qls ss today after waiting since beg july, second time application for ss due to first time lack of funds. great bday present for craig!!!!

Great news guys, congratulations. QLD were taking their time. Its all good now:biggrin::biggrin:

Hi Shaman,

Did you ever get an email telling you that you CO is back?

Or since Sept 23 struck, you didn't have any CO placed back but suddenly just got your documents met? And then CO appeared and visa got approved?

Donsayuriru

Hi donsayriru

I first had my CO from team 1 on the 25th August, requesting for medicals and some additional documents, since then nothing happened, then around 15th Jan,upon my insistence my agent reluctantly sent a PLE, On 22nd all documents turned to MET, its the same CO.

BTW I am from a HRC

Hope this info will help you,

cheers:jiggy:

Guest pablofet1
guess what we got our qls ss today after waiting since beg july, second time application for ss due to first time lack of funds. great bday present for craig!!!!

Fantastic news, you must be sooooo pleased.

CONGRATULATIONS & Happy Birthday Craig.

Mel :biggrin:

Hello all

I need some advice

My approval letter indicates visa sub Cat as VE 175.

Originally I applied for 175 then obtained SS approval and switched to 176 which was acknowledged by DIAC, but now I have been blessed with 175,

Is this possible or is it a mistake ?

What should I do, Please advice.

Guest jilkfree1978

keep your visa and go to australia! dont question it!! congrats

Hello all

I need some advice

Originally I applied for 175 then obtained SS approval and switched to 176 which was acknowledged by DIAC, but now I have been blessed with 175,

keep your visa and go to australia! dont question it!! congrats

My heart is Melbourne,

should I inform WA, will there be any complications later ?

Guest VickyMel
Hello all

I need some advice

Congrats on the 175 rather than 176.

I have seen it happen to several people who originally applied for a 175 and then converted. I have never seen anyone come on to say they had a problem with this on reaching Oz.

Although someone did recently post that this was what happened to them and then Victoria were chasing them up as they had given SS and I think with the 175 they had decided on Sydney or something? But it was very recently and I don't remember if there was any outcome from that?

Here is the link - Oh it was on BE

175 granted but now SS are asking about me : British Expat Discussion Forum

VickyMel

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi donsayriru

I first had my CO from team 1 on the 25th August, requesting for medicals and some additional documents, since then nothing happened, then around 15th Jan,upon my insistence my agent reluctantly sent a PLE, On 22nd all documents turned to MET, its the same CO.

BTW I am from a HRC

Hope this info will help you,

cheers:jiggy:

Hi Shaman

Your timeline says, "Visa granted 19th July 2010." That date is some 5 months in the future! (Have youu been at the champagne or some other type of intoxicating liquor???!!!_ I take it that you mean your visa was gramted today - 19th Feb 2010?

If they have granted a subclass 175 visa instead of a subclass 176 visa, some of the COs at the ASPC have been doing this and those COs are obeying the law, so don't argue with anyone about anything, I suggect.

The subclass 175 and 176 visas are both in Class VE. Because of this, the CO is supposed to assess you for both of the visas. If you score enough points that you could be granted either of the sc 175 or 176 visas, the CO is supposed to grant the better visa - which is the sc 175 because that does not contain the 2 years in a particular State notion.

Therefore grab the sc 175, get it into your passport, head for Melbourne which is where you want to go to anyway and simply forget about WA. Your CO chose to grant a sc 175 visa, did so correctly and WA won't die just because you don't go to WA.

There is no need to say anything to WA. If you want to tell them anything, send them a copy of your Grant letter, confirming that you met the criteria for both subclasses of visa and so your CO chose to grant the better of the two visas. End of story. The matter is not a subject for debate because th CO has done exactly as the legislation requires.

The Minister may have been altering the order of processing priority but he has NOT

altered the legislation, so your CO has done the right thing.

WELL DONE, SHAMAN!!!! ENJOY!!!

Cheers

Gill

The subclass 175 and 176 visas are both in Class VE. Because of this, the CO is supposed to assess you for both of the visas. If you score enough points that you could be granted either of the sc 175 or 176 visas, the CO is supposed to grant the better visa - which is the sc 175 because that does not contain the 2 years in a particular State notion.

Interesting. so technically because I meet the 120pts for 175, but switched to 176 for faster processing, they would end up issuing me the 175 visa?

Hi Shaman

Your timeline says, "Visa granted 19th July 2010." That date is some 5 months in the future! (Have youu been at the champagne or some other type of intoxicating liquor???!!!_ I take it that you mean your visa was gramted today - 19th Feb 2010?

If they have granted a subclass 175 visa instead of a subclass 176 visa, some of the COs at the ASPC have been doing this and those COs are obeying the law, so don't argue with anyone about anything, I suggect.

Therefore grab the sc 175, get it into your passport, head for Melbourne which is where you want to go to anyway and simply forget about WA. Your CO chose to grant a sc 175 visa, did so correctly and WA won't die just because you don't go to WA.

There is no need to say anything to WA. If you want to tell them anything, send them a copy of your Grant letter, confirming that you met the criteria for both subclasses of visa and so your CO chose to grant the better of the two visas. End of story. The matter is not a subject for debate because th CO has done exactly as the legislation requires.

The Minister may have been altering the order of processing priority but he has NOT

altered the legislation, so your CO has done the right thing.

WELL DONE, SHAMAN!!!! ENJOY!!!

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill,

You are right, I'm little on the high side, still partying ,

Guess you are correct, I will go to Melbourne and let's see .

Thanks

originally Posted by the dougans viewpost.gif

Congratulations on you getting your state-sponsorship,its been a long time coming for you guys! Hopefully the visas will start coming along soon for all us guys.All the best Dave,Debs & family.

Guest Gollywobbler
Interesting. so technically because I meet the 120pts for 175, but switched to 176 for faster processing, they would end up issuing me the 175 visa?

Hi Mat

I suspect it depends on whether the CO is Politically Correct or a Rebel. My impression is that the Rebels insist on upholding the legislation and that since the Minister has not changed the legislation, he can interfere with the factors for the order of priority processing but he can't change the Law without the consent of Parliament. Other COs seem to adopt a tamer approach from what I have seen in people's timelines etc.

Personally, I'm with the Rebels. I don't see why the Minister should get away with changing the Law surreptitiously, via the back door.

Cheers

Gil

Guest bilaln30
Hello all

I need some advice

Enjoy 175. Dont raise this issue. Get ur visa slip and head towards Victoria or NSW. Forget WA and perth.

Originally Posted by sagar viewpost.gif

hi all... ( especially dear gill )

whats going on....?again and again the changes.... Recent changes capped the pre sep 2007 applicants...

What will be new changes...? May be capping for pre sep 2008 ..??

What's ur views?

I just want to know that in sep2009 there was only total 3500 ss non csl applicants .. And minister told to finalise all these cases under special directions?

" according to first page of this discussion blog"

{

at the meeting with david wilden at australia house today, we were told as follows:

all the applications in hand from people in categories 1 - 4 as listed in the faq of 23rd september 2009 are now under control.

diac estimate that there are about 3,500 applications in category 5 - that is, state sponsored but the main applicant's occupation is not on the csl. Mr wilden has been told that diac are now in a position to make a start on processing the cat 5 applications.

mr wilden said as follows:

• roughly 3,500 is the number of actual visa applications, not the number of people involved. (i checked this with him specifically and he was definite about it.)
  • they will start to process the cat 5s according to the dates when the visa applications were lodged and they will deal with the oldest applications first.
  • they will make no distinctions between the different visa subclasses - first come, first served means what it implies in a situation where the occupation is not on the csl but the applicant does have state sponsorship.
  • there is no foundation to the rumour that tradies may be excluded from cat 5 processing - the tradies are to be treated identically to people whose occupations are in asco groups 1-3.
  • }

why still now these are not over?

Why diac is not acting on ministerial direcitons? And then news came where co requested meds and pcc... ?

Why for people where meds and pcc requested why not for frontloaded meds and pccs?

When diac website allows to fronload the pcc and meds then why line of difference .. Even who have not submitted the meds and pccs they also be treated as same for 3500 applicants?

People who applied in 2008 are still waiting.....even in my case med and pcc finalised and now they are expired. Why diac is not finalizing the cases ? Why new priority processing are always for people who are in queue or pipeline? It must be for new applicants.

I correctly remember in may 2009 changes state sponsored were on 2nd priority...

But in sep 09 they were divided by csl and non csl..this is not good.

If the states demanded then they must me given visas?

Becoz states need them then why diac is creating speed brakers in there ways.

Moreover, some people who have applied state sponsorship in 2008 may not get there occupation in recent states requirements? And the state sponsor may expire...then what ..what for them?

Its not their fault, the delay is from diac.

Instead of this i request department to stop accepting new cases if there is back log...

They can clear the backlog by this and after clearing the back log then apply and implement new policies..why to put people in such a long wait and limbo stage by applying new priority processing who are already waiting for such a long time.

If the priorities will change frequently like this (3 times from may 2009 to feb2010) then this create backlogs as new priorities will get visas and old ones will be capped and ceased.

Then there will be no place for others to apply. As they always have lowest priority.

my suggestion is that "diac must give visas to all the applicants lodged before feb2010 (including pre sep 2007) but put all of them in regional areas, so that they can develop the regional areas and help in building regional to modern australia"

yes all of them must be given visas...

I on the behalf of all my friends and froum members who are waiting for there cases to be finalize request respected Gill to ask the question to diac to finalize these cases as soon as possible before april 2010..and ask hon'ble mr wilden to take interest in this by giving any new ministerial direction to finalize all these cases...as new changes may occur.

Thanking u all for reading my views and responding to this discussion.

Please give ur views also

thanks and regards

wishing quick visa for me all others

always praying ...

sagar..............

good work sagar!!!! Thank you so much

Hi Again..

What will happen to those who are in cat 5 and NON csl SS . There is no fault of them.

DIAC CO's must give quick decisions on there applications.

Moreover, They are only few and why diac is creating delay.

I think that one CO handles approx 25 cases per week.

and there must be 20 case officers atleast. ( This is the Least number)

and if the Cat 5 NON CSL state sponsored are 3500 then this means

20*25= 500 applictions per week

3500/500= 7 weeks for all of them..

DO SOMETHING TO WAKE UP THE DIAC

THANKs

SAGAR........

Guest sparamjit

Good Job Sagar, but unfortunately our calculations does not match with DIAC CO's :confused:

Originally Posted by sagar viewpost.gif

hi all... ( especially dear gill )

whats going on....?again and again the changes.... Recent changes capped the pre sep 2007 applicants...

What will be new changes...? May be capping for pre sep 2008 ..??

What's ur views?

I just want to know that in sep2009 there was only total 3500 ss non csl applicants .. And minister told to finalise all these cases under special directions?

" according to first page of this discussion blog"

{

at the meeting with david wilden at australia house today, we were told as follows:

all the applications in hand from people in categories 1 - 4 as listed in the faq of 23rd september 2009 are now under control.

diac estimate that there are about 3,500 applications in category 5 - that is, state sponsored but the main applicant's occupation is not on the csl. Mr wilden has been told that diac are now in a position to make a start on processing the cat 5 applications.

mr wilden said as follows:

• roughly 3,500 is the number of actual visa applications, not the number of people involved. (i checked this with him specifically and he was definite about it.)
  • they will start to process the cat 5s according to the dates when the visa applications were lodged and they will deal with the oldest applications first.
  • they will make no distinctions between the different visa subclasses - first come, first served means what it implies in a situation where the occupation is not on the csl but the applicant does have state sponsorship.
  • there is no foundation to the rumour that tradies may be excluded from cat 5 processing - the tradies are to be treated identically to people whose occupations are in asco groups 1-3.
  • }

why still now these are not over?

Why diac is not acting on ministerial direcitons? And then news came where co requested meds and pcc... ?

Why for people where meds and pcc requested why not for frontloaded meds and pccs?

When diac website allows to fronload the pcc and meds then why line of difference .. Even who have not submitted the meds and pccs they also be treated as same for 3500 applicants?

People who applied in 2008 are still waiting.....even in my case med and pcc finalised and now they are expired. Why diac is not finalizing the cases ? Why new priority processing are always for people who are in queue or pipeline? It must be for new applicants.

I correctly remember in may 2009 changes state sponsored were on 2nd priority...

But in sep 09 they were divided by csl and non csl..this is not good.

If the states demanded then they must me given visas?

Becoz states need them then why diac is creating speed brakers in there ways.

Moreover, some people who have applied state sponsorship in 2008 may not get there occupation in recent states requirements? And the state sponsor may expire...then what ..what for them?

Its not their fault, the delay is from diac.

Instead of this i request department to stop accepting new cases if there is back log...

They can clear the backlog by this and after clearing the back log then apply and implement new policies..why to put people in such a long wait and limbo stage by applying new priority processing who are already waiting for such a long time.

If the priorities will change frequently like this (3 times from may 2009 to feb2010) then this create backlogs as new priorities will get visas and old ones will be capped and ceased.

Then there will be no place for others to apply. As they always have lowest priority.

my suggestion is that "diac must give visas to all the applicants lodged before feb2010 (including pre sep 2007) but put all of them in regional areas, so that they can develop the regional areas and help in building regional to modern australia"

yes all of them must be given visas...

I on the behalf of all my friends and froum members who are waiting for there cases to be finalize request respected Gill to ask the question to diac to finalize these cases as soon as possible before april 2010..and ask hon'ble mr wilden to take interest in this by giving any new ministerial direction to finalize all these cases...as new changes may occur.

Thanking u all for reading my views and responding to this discussion.

Please give ur views also

thanks and regards

wishing quick visa for me all others

always praying ...

sagar..............

Hi Again..

What will happen to those who are in cat 5 and NON csl SS . There is no fault of them.

DIAC CO's must give quick decisions on there applications.

Moreover, They are only few and why diac is creating delay.

I think that one CO handles approx 25 cases per week.

and there must be 20 case officers atleast. ( This is the Least number)

and if the Cat 5 NON CSL state sponsored are 3500 then this means

20*25= 500 applictions per week

3500/500= 7 weeks for all of them..

DO SOMETHING TO WAKE UP THE DIAC

THANKs

SAGAR........

Guest johnsonclan

We are 17 months in the waiting, 176 skilled visa with a SS hoping to head to Perth.

We found out a couple weeks ago that DIAC were saying they had never received our SS from WA ?

WA were saying they had sent it last July and had confirmation from DIAC that they had received it ? So again the DIAC had lost something else, as previously they had lost 1 of my sons medicals and this turned up after a month of them searching !

Our agent has contacted DIAC 3 times in the last 7 days and eventually had a reply to the effect that they now have our SS and our file has been passed to a CO to be processed and we should hear something in a week ?

Our previous CO was on team 3 but dont know who we now have and to be honest im not bothered i just want that damned visa.

Our timeline is

Agent appointed May 2008

Visa application August 2008

ON CSL Jan 09

OFF CSL Mar 09 ?

Changed to SS

Got SS July 09

Got CO? Not sure when

Had Medicals August 28th 09 at request of CO

23rd Sept !!!!!!!!!!!! informed on hold for 3 yrs, then told would have visa before end May 2010 Yipee !!!!

Feb 2010 found out DIAC lost SS

Feb 19th DIAC got SS

AND NOW WE WAIT ???? But told we should hear next week (will wait and see)

We are 17 months in the waiting, 176 skilled visa with a SS hoping to head to Perth.

We found out a couple weeks ago that DIAC were saying they had never received our SS from WA ?

WA were saying they had sent it last July and had confirmation from DIAC that they had received it ? So again the DIAC had lost something else, as previously they had lost 1 of my sons medicals and this turned up after a month of them searching !

Our agent has contacted DIAC 3 times in the last 7 days and eventually had a reply to the effect that they now have our SS and our file has been passed to a CO to be processed and we should hear something in a week ?

Our previous CO was on team 3 but dont know who we now have and to be honest im not bothered i just want that damned visa.

Our timeline is

Agent appointed May 2008

Visa application August 2008

ON CSL Jan 09

OFF CSL Mar 09 ?

Changed to SS

Got SS July 09

Got CO? Not sure when

Had Medicals August 28th 09 at request of CO

23rd Sept !!!!!!!!!!!! informed on hold for 3 yrs, then told would have visa before end May 2010 Yipee !!!!

Feb 2010 found out DIAC lost SS

Feb 19th DIAC got SS

AND NOW WE WAIT ???? But told we should hear next week (will wait and see)

Well, this sounds promising now for you.....:yes:

Wishing you the very best of luck that the visa grant isnt far away.....:wink:

Archived