Category 5 News

Guest Gollywobbler

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest antipope

Looks like things are starting to get moving. Without having to trawl thru all the posts on the thread, has anyone been assigned a CO who (a) hadn't had one before 23/09 and (b) hadn't preloaded meds and police checks? Most of the people who seem to be getting CO's seem to have had both of the above. (I have posted this on another thread, sorry if it bothers anyone).

Guest Sarahe

People have been assigned a CO who have never had one before but they do all seem to have front loaded their medicals but had not been asked to.... I am guessing they are doing these so that their medicals do not expire

Guest antipope

So do you think it may be worthwhile preloading meds and police checks at this point in the hope that they will then prioritise your visa application over others?

So do you think it may be worthwhile preloading meds and police checks at this point in the hope that they will then prioritise your visa application over others?

Good question, so what you are saying is if people who have not been contacted before from a Co, should maybe get the Med etc done and front load???? that is a big gamble surely?

I know other people have done it in the past but i would love to here of any one who has done this since the 23rd Sept Changes...........Ummm!

Proview

Guest Sarahe

Difficult one... I don't think they will prioritise you if you front load now... I think their justification for doing the others would be that the online system/standard practice was to front load so it is not fair to make those who have front loaded to pay to do their medicals again. And I think they are prioritising by those whose meds are about to expire... so if you front load yours now they won't need to prioritise you for 9 months....

Given your timeline I would have thought you could be getting a CO in the next 2 months (I am an eternal optimist though!)....

Personally I have frontloaded my Meds and am doing my Police checks too... not to be prioritised as much as not to be in Limbo for a long period of time if/when I do get a case officer.... I would hate to get a CO and for something new to happen that changes everything.... so if I do get a Case officer I want to get the Visa asap after that so that I am not sitting here waiting for something to happen that puts it all on hold etc. And I am happy to take the risk of having to do them again and that if I get looked at in Nov 2010 I could only have a couple of months to get in and validate....

It is a tricky decision..

Guest antipope

That seems to be a better way of putting it, reading my post back it looks like i'm trying to gain an advantage over others in the same position as me, which isn't what I mean. Just trying to find a way of speeding up the process. Took redundancy last year to fund what i hoped would be a done deal by christmas and the start of a new life for my family and me. Now funds are running lower than i'd hoped, I'm struggling to get a job in the current economic climate, don't qualify for any jobseekers and my visa still seems as far away as ever. Don't seem to be getting any help from two governments 10,000 miles apart.

Guest Sarahe

I think you will get movement on yours soon..... but the medicals will cost you around £600 so if you front load you could have to pay it twice in the end... I would guess not likely given your timeline but I think the only advantage now is that when your file gets picked up you might get your visa 5 weeks sooner....

That seems to be a better way of putting it, reading my post back it looks like i'm trying to gain an advantage over others in the same position as me, which isn't what I mean. Just trying to find a way of speeding up the process. Took redundancy last year to fund what i hoped would be a done deal by christmas and the start of a new life for my family and me. Now funds are running lower than i'd hoped, I'm struggling to get a job in the current economic climate, don't qualify for any jobseekers and my visa still seems as far away as ever. Don't seem to be getting any help from two governments 10,000 miles apart.

Hi Antipope,

My O/H and I have just decided to frontload our meds and Pc's. I am fed upu waiting to be told so too hell with it. Get it done and get it out of the way. If we have to pay twice then so be it, I think its worth the gamble. Off to book them now, will keep you posted.

Regards,

John Gilfillan:hug:

Guest Sarahe

The other thing that made me do mine was seeing the numbers of places you could get them done drastically reduce and worrying that if/when I got a case officer it might then take me 3/4 weeks to get a slot with one of the doctors so prolonging the agony of waiting further too.... but I don't know if that fear has any foundation at all...no idea what the waiting times are to get a drs slot.

Guest cassenova06
Looks like things are starting to get moving. Without having to trawl thru all the posts on the thread, has anyone been assigned a CO who (a) hadn't had one before 23/09 and (b) hadn't preloaded meds and police checks? Most of the people who seem to be getting CO's seem to have had both of the above. (I have posted this on another thread, sorry if it bothers anyone).

I also want to know this, because I am also cat-5 (475) applicant and still waiting for my CO.......

we got case officer other day but didnt have one before but we had done meds etc last feb so they were expired got till aug 25th to go to oz , hope you all hear soon. they will get on to all the other cat 5 when they have processed the ones where meds expiring !!!

Hi all, well we thought along the same lines as sold house in December so feel we have took the plunge already and have just booked our medicals for 25th March, the list of panel doctors has been vastly reduced since we last looked! So we are off to London for a fun family day out to have our medicals, we are a family of 7, kids are 18,17,15,8 and 4 months so fun in think not!!!!!!

We will let you all know if we have any sign of a c/o

x

Guest spenny

Hi Guys, looks like things are moving swiftly along got a c/o assigned today, we are 176 cat 5, 2 documents to reload, and got to be there (all being well) before july 1st :smile: feels a bit surreal at the mo wasnt expecting anything for at least a year :huh:

Hi all, well we thought along the same lines as sold house in December so feel we have took the plunge already and have just booked our medicals for 25th March, the list of panel doctors has been vastly reduced since we last looked! So we are off to London for a fun family day out to have our medicals, we are a family of 7, kids are 18,17,15,8 and 4 months so fun in think not!!!!!!

We will let you all know if we have any sign of a c/o

x

so whats your time line then,? what location are you to go to london?

Proview

so whats your time line then,? what location are you to go to london?

Proview

Hi Proview,

OH Electrician

Agents appointed Oct 08

Vetassess paper passed April 09

Vetassess practical passed July 09

SS SA approved Sept 7th 09

176 lodged on line by agent Sept 10th 09

then sept 23rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

House sold Dec 09

Now waiting impatiently.............

We are going to Knightsbridge for medicals, the only other options are Berkshire, Manchester and think thats it...Heathrow are on list but they told me they are going to be removed shortly.

Rainy

Guest punita

Though DIAC turned up saying on 23rd sep 09 that

NO offshore files would be getting any finalisation before 2013, why suddenly the movement is there.

My concern is i m

176 applicant on 30th Apr 09 and my agent told me that I would be getting atleast some movement before june 2010...for which my finger crossed

BUT

my agent's prediction is against DIAC...is he making fool of me?

or does he believe that I am dumb enough not to check DIAC website and rules.

Please put me up with positive vibs..thanks guys

Guest punita

At least looking at this thread, news is good that there is a movement

thought specially it is for the people applied in late 2008....

I hope i would be the NEXT

Hi Proview,

OH Electrician

Agents appointed Oct 08

Vetassess paper passed April 09

Vetassess practical passed July 09

SS SA approved Sept 7th 09

176 lodged on line by agent Sept 10th 09

then sept 23rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

House sold Dec 09

Now waiting impatiently.............

We are going to Knightsbridge for medicals, the only other options are Berkshire, Manchester and think thats it...Heathrow are on list but they told me they are going to be removed shortly.

Rainy

we started off around the same time, my ss took ages from Q/Land, Good luck mate

Hi Guys, looks like things are moving swiftly along got a c/o assigned today, we are 176 cat 5, 2 documents to reload, and got to be there (all being well) before july 1st :smile: feels a bit surreal at the mo wasnt expecting anything for at least a year :huh:

Sounds like good news. Would you share your timeline so far.

Jules

we started off around the same time, my ss took ages from Q/Land, Good luck mate

Yea our state sponsor came back in 4 weeks for SA! We thought were home and dry then cos people were getting case officers within 2 weeks, house was on market etc, wife was pregnant then Sept 23rd! what a gutting time but cos had buyer for house so quick we went through with it keeping our goal in mind, we realy thought would have visa by Nov but more changes and still here! now in rented and costing a fortune so we are going for it, doing the meds and will sit and wait..............there does seem to be a lot of movement in our category so keeping positive for us all.

Neil

Guest spenny

Sounds like good news. Would you share your timeline so far.

Jules

applied for 175: 22 Feb 2009

meds done: april 2009

applied Wa SS: July 2009

SS successfull: December 12th 2009

CO : today

cheers!!!

Guest Violet S
applied for 175: 22 Feb 2009

meds done: april 2009

applied Wa SS: July 2009

SS successfull: December 12th 2009

CO : today

cheers!!!

Hi Spenny,

Was reading your earlier post and now you got a CO. Congrats. May I know which cat are you in? CSL?

Cheers,

Violet

Guest spenny
Hi Spenny,

Was reading your earlier post and now you got a CO. Congrats. May I know which cat are you in? CSL?

Cheers,

Violet

Hi there, cat 5 - non-csl

cheers

Archived