Category 5 News

Guest Gollywobbler

Guest Gollywobbler
Originally Posted by Gollywobbler viewpost.gif

Hi All

Taz2008 and I are currently planning a joint letter to David Wilden in London. He is DIAC's Regional Director for Europe. He is away on holiday at present so nothing can be done until into April, when Mr Wilden will be returning to London.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill,

I have prepared the letter/email to Mr Wilden and sent it to your email address.

However, I am not sure if you have received it. I also sent you a PiO PM and its still showing unread and as you have not come back to me I am now wondering if there is a problem getting my emails through to you!

So, I am hoping you see this post so you can let me know what you think of the email, and if you did not get it can you let me know so I can resend it.

Many thanks

Best wishes

Tasha :wubclub:

Hi Tasha

I have about 20 unanswered PMs at the moment and another 20 unanswered e-mails. Oddly enough, I have decided to put my own legal career first for a change. I've been very busy with organising that for the last couple of weeks, though I think the next thing that I want to do (working with an old friend of mine) is sorted out now.

I started to deal with some of the backlog of other things last night. Mr Wilden was not back in London until yesterday, so he must be swamped. I think that he should be left in peace until next week at least.

I do have your messages and I will get back to you before Sunday evening.

Cheers

Gill

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Tasha

I have about 20 unanswered PMs at the moment and another 20 unanswered e-mails. Oddly enough, I have decided to put my own legal career first for a change. I've been very busy with organising that for the last couple of weeks, though I think the next thing that I want to do (working with an old friend of mine) is sorted out now.

I started to deal with some of the backlog of other things last night. Mr Wilden was not back in London until yesterday, so he must be swamped. I think that he should be left in peace until next week at least.

I do have your messages and I will get back to you before Sunday evening.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill

Thanks for getting back to me... I did think you had been flying under the radar over the last couple of weeks!!!:biggrin: Good luck with your new project!

I was just concerned as I am having a few problems with my computer at the moment and was not sure if you were getting my emails or not. Like I say, I am having lots of issues and trying to work out if its with my computer / Internet Explorer or PiO!!! :arghh:

Mmmm, the joys of modern technology! :wub:

Thanks again,

Tasha x

Hi John

Many thanks for this information. £300 for an adult for complete meds sounds very expensive to me? I thought the going rate was about £220 per adult for absolutely everything? Maybe my ideas are old and out of date?

If this is a genuine price-hike, based on commercial opportunism, then I think that A FUSS should be made to DIAC, via the Principal Migration Officer in London, whose job it is to look after this sort of meds issue in the UK. I've met the PMO for the UK and I have her name etc. She is very nice and very fair minded.

How much did you have to pay, please?

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill,

Here is a breakdown of what we have paid.

Medicals = £120.00 per person

Blood Test = £30.00 per person

X-rays = £80.00 per person

Courier costs = £60.00

Because there was the 2 of us, we only needed to pay one cost for the courier.

Our total cost for the 2 of us was £520.00.

We were told by the Doctor that the price is due to go up soon.As far as I know it will be an all inclusive price per person which will include Medicals, Blood Tests, X-rays and courier services. For us it would have meant an £80.00 increase.

There will now be only one place in Scotland to get this done from 31st March 2010 and it is in Edinburgh. I am not sure about the rest of the UK. This is the reason why we decided to frontload our medicals.

I hope this has been helpful.

Regards,

John Gilfillan:smile:

Guest leojack

Grt news for 886 state sponsorhip but famous five wht u think abt family sponsorship ? i m also coming under 886 but relative sponsorship, i have lodge on july 09 and dont knw whn its gonna open !

Guest Gollywobbler
Grt news for 886 state sponsorhip but famous five wht u think abt family sponsorship ? i m also coming under 886 but relative sponsorship, i have lodge on july 09 and dont knw whn its gonna open !

Hi Leojack

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

The only definite indications are that the present Minister for Immi is not particularly interested in facilitating family reunion. He believes that the needs of the States and Territories are miles more important.

1. What is your occupation, please? That is, which occupation have you nominated in your existing sc 886 application?

2. Would any of the States or Territories consider offering you State sponsorship? The link to all the State and Territory Immi websites is on the link below. In the website you will find the occupation Lists for the State or Territory concerned.

State and Territory Migration Sites - australia.gov.au

Cheers

Gill

Guest landarjatt

in india all medical cost only=£34

Hi Gill,

Here is a breakdown of what we have paid.

Medicals = 120.00 per person

Blood Test = £30.00 per person

X-rays = £80.00 per person

Courier costs = £60.00

Because there was the 2 of us, we only needed to pay one cost for the courier.

Our total cost for the 2 of us was £520.00.

We were told by the Doctor that the price is due to go up soon.As far as I know it will be an all inclusive price per person which will include Medicals, Blood Tests, X-rays and courier services. For us it would have meant an £80.00 increase.

There will now be only one place in Scotland to get this done from 31st March 2010 and it is in Edinburgh. I am not sure about the rest of the UK. This is the reason why we decided to frontload our medicals.

I hope this has been helpful.

Regards,

John Gilfillan:smile:

Guest jains005

Hi...is there any news about the state migration plan? just looking forward to that. it doesnt look like anything else can make a move ;)

Jains

Guest jupiter123
Hi Jupter

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Could you clarify this statement, please:

Who asked for the evidence of your specific work experience? Did a DIAC CO request it?

Also, whose idea was it to get the meds done? Was that a CO's idea or was it yours?

What is your occupation, please?

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill,

Ours is a 475 case(my wife being primary applicant).We lodged way back in May'2008.Our medicals were done in July'2008(FL),post which my wife was asked for few more X-rays and finally my medicals were finalized(as shown in the status website) in Nov'2008.However,all other documents showed Met except for my wife's specific work experience for which our CO asked us to provide the same in Aug'2009 to which we provided as well,but we didnt hear anything after that due to the changes in Sept 23,2009.However,to my surprise,I just found a status update on March 05,2010 that the specific work experience evidence has been received by them.

Guest leojack
Hi Leojack

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

The only definite indications are that the present Minister for Immi is not particularly interested in facilitating family reunion. He believes that the needs of the States and Territories are miles more important.

1. What is your occupation, please? That is, which occupation have you nominated in your existing sc 886 application?

2. Would any of the States or Territories consider offering you State sponsorship? The link to all the State and Territory Immi websites is on the link below. In the website you will find the occupation Lists for the State or Territory concerned.

State and Territory Migration Sites - australia.gov.au

Cheers

Gill

Thanks Gill,

well my nominated occ is accounting. i asked to one immi agent and he told me may be my file can be open next year but according to this situation i dont think so. does state sponsorship is able to get in adeliade as i m living here and i also finished my study from here and most of my relatives r living here. what will be the best option to get pr for me "Wait or apply for some other visa to get PR"

Guest JohnandLisa

Feeling a little disheartened today. Am going to check DIAC but not heard from CO yet.

Visa sent 10th Sept 2009

Guest Violet S

Any visa grant for this week? Hoping to see some 475 movements. Someone mentioned that the CO is processing limited 475 this financial year (replied from CO). Any balance of 475 will be considered in July 2010... provided the priority lists have been processed.

Hopefully, the 2009 475 will be processed then.

Cheers,

Violet

Guest Cathy77

Leojack

would you please write what is the great news about 886? I have missed the discussion in this forum. I tried to search but couldn't find what news you are talking about. Is there something positive said about state sponsored 886?Is their new ray of hope?

Really appreciate your reply.

Guest jains005

Hi

My agent told one of her new clients that state migration plan will be introduced by April 1st and there is a good possibility for his occupation to be in the plan of the state. was it just giving a hope for him or is there is any truth in it? anyone knows??

Jains

Guest Sarahe

Why not implement if it has been finalised?? Can't really believe it is true though - April Fools day and all.................

Sarah

Hi All,

Today when I checked my online status... a new line added to my status..

"31.03.2010 - Application being processed further"

Is somebody started looking into my file today?

Is it a happy news for me? keeping my figures crossed!!

I have front loaded all docs including Medicals/PCC etc.. No CO pre-23/09.

Satish

Guest jackd
Hi All,

Satish

HI, Ponnuvarun

Congratulation that means u have co & u already submited all doc & medical & pcc then u will hear good news soon...

jackd.:notworthy:

Guest samra138

Hi All,

My medical shows that it is received since last June 2009.

Now "Medical Requirements finalised"

But,

The rest of Medical requirements still show received (for example: HIV received)

Please let me know what it does mean that only the medical requirements just finalized and the rest are still received?

BR,

Sam

Guest jackd
Hi All,

My medical shows that it is received since last June 2009.

Now "Medical Requirements finalised"

But,

The rest of Medical requirements still show received (for example: HIV received)

Please let me know what it does mean that only the medical requirements just finalized and the rest are still received?

BR,

Sam

thats good means co is working on your file, Is this your 2nd co or what?

& please share your timeline.:notworthy:

Guest Sarahe

I definitely don't have a CO (would love one though)... and I front loaded my Meds. They show Health requirements finalised and then for all the parts that make up the Health requirements e.g. further medical results, HIV blood test just shows received. My agent said this is correct and I would understand it to mean firstly the parts that say received means exactly that, they have just got the results from the Doctors who did your medical... then the part that says Health requirements finalised must mean that all the results have been reviewed by the Australian doctors/health checkers (not quite sure of the name of the body who deals with this) and that they are happy that you have satisfied their health requirements.

I am afraid that it does not necessarily mean that you have a CO...sorry:unsure:

Guest Miajohnson
Hi All,

Satish

Hi Satish,

I don't think it has sense for this line. I got my application being processed further on 15.12.2009, but till now I have no CO and no updates.

Anyway, we should keep our figures crossed and hope for the best. Good luck to everyone!

Mia

Guest jains005

From SA's website:

"As you may be aware DIAC (and not Immigration SA) announced changes to General Skilled Migration on 8 February 2010:

What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

Following the announcement by the Federal Minister for Immigration and Citizenship many applicants/prospective migrants have raised concerns over what the changes may mean for them.

DIAC has indicated that, once the revised SOL is introduced, state and territory governments may be able to sponsor applicants with a nominated occupation listed on a State Migration Plan (SMP). This may include occupations not included on the new SOL. Occupations listed on an SMP will attract the second highest processing priority (behind employer sponsored) by DIAC.

At this stage the state government has only received preliminary communication from DIAC regarding the concept of SMPs. Therefore, at this stage we can provide very little information of use to prospective migrants or to migration agents acting on their behalf.

It is expected that the SMPs will identify occupations in which migration is required to supplement supply available from the local labour market.

Information about the SMP will be available on this website when it is finalised. As at 19 February 2010, the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship has not approved any State Migration Plans. "

Guest antipope
Hi Satish,

I don't think it has sense for this line. I got my application being processed further on 15.12.2009, but till now I have no CO and no updates.

Anyway, we should keep our figures crossed and hope for the best. Good luck to everyone!

Mia

I had application being processed further on 11/09/09 and heven't heard a thing since. So i wouldn't be getting my hopes up.

Archived