Hi Punita,

cat 5, non-csl, librarian.

cheers,

violet

Guest Violet S
Hi there, cat 5 - non-csl

cheers

Hi Spenny,

thanks. Hope it will be our turn soon...

Cheers,

violet

At least looking at this thread, news is good that there is a movement

thought specially it is for the people applied in late 2008....

I hope i would be the NEXT

Hi Punita

Check out the first page on this thread; http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/70633-176-ss-non-csl-where-you-now.html#post596344

It shows all activity in Cat 5 applicants and there is a list further down showing all people waiting in this category. You will see peoples timelines and if they have had contact with a CO or a visa granted.

Tasha

Guest punita

yeah it look like though completely opposite to DIAC saying wait for 3 year. Obviously good news for us CAT 5 people. But this means that DIAC verdicts or timelines are not at all defineate. Thank god, we cat 5 r on move...get us all visa before june 2010

Guest skipling

Wouldn't that be nice, then maybe then can move on to cat 6! Ok. I'm clutching, but I can't do much else at the moment.

Hi there, cat 5 - non-csl

cheers

hi spenny,

this is the kind of news that i've been waiting for. i sincerely hope and pray that this positive development would turn out as a visa grant for your. good luck.

Good question, so what you are saying is if people who have not been contacted before from a Co, should maybe get the Med etc done and front load???? that is a big gamble surely?

I know other people have done it in the past but i would love to here of any one who has done this since the 23rd Sept Changes...........Ummm!

Proview

Hi Proview,

We have just booked our Meds today as we have just found out that in the Uk, the amount of places you can get your Meds done has been reduced. There used to be about 6 or 7 in Scotland where we live, but now there is only 2 that are allowed to do them. I anticipate that further down the line there could be a problem getting them done due to a waiting list, so we just Bit The Bullet and get them done in a couple of weeks.

Regards,

John Gilfillan:hug:

Hi Proview,

We have just booked our Meds today as we have just found out that in the Uk, the amount of places you can get your Meds done has been reduced. There used to be about 6 or 7 in Scotland where we live, but now there is only 2 that are allowed to do them. I anticipate that further down the line there could be a problem getting them done due to a waiting list, so we just Bit The Bullet and get them done in a couple of weeks.

Regards,

Yes i was having a look at the amended list today myself, only one for me and thats in Manchester. What are your time lines by the way?? good luck with them, how many in your family and how much for the meds or are they all standard price?

proview

Yes i was having a look at the amended list today myself, only one for me and thats in Manchester. What are your time lines by the way?? good luck with them, how many in your family and how much for the meds or are they all standard price?

proview

Hi Proview,

our timeline is as follows 175 applied 15May 2009, WA SS applied 11th August 2009 WA SS Granted 18th Feb 2010. O/H is a cook. We got the prices today which were £120 per person for medical examination, £30 per person for HIV Test, £80 per person for X-Rays and £60 for documents to be couriered to Sydney. Grand total of £520 for the 2 of us. There are now only 7 places in the UK where the meds can be done so as I said, we dont want to get caught out.

Cheers,

John Gilfillan

( John and Henni ):hug:

proview

Hi Proview. re medical costs ours are £220 per adult over 15 and £82.50 for 8 year old and £60 for baby plus £50 courier to Sydney so total of just under £1300 for 7 of us, could of gone on holiday!! But OH says no!!

Rainy

Hi Proview. re medical costs ours are £220 per adult over 15 and £82.50 for 8 year old and £60 for baby plus £50 courier to Sydney so total of just under £1300 for 7 of us, could of gone on holiday!! But OH says no!!

Rainy

cheers for the info, 4 adults, 1 child in our family so like you say its a holiday that, lol

what stage are you at?

Proview

Guest Violet S

Rainy

wow...that's a lot. yes, holiday. :-)

Guest rajbeer

hi all we can see on the aussie timeline all the visa granting is 175 ......475 is on holiday

last 4,5 days no news from applicants side is they are also on holiday..........

Guest jupiter123
hi all we can see on the aussie timeline all the visa granting is 175 ......475 is on holiday

last 4,5 days no news from applicants side is they are also on holiday..........

Hi,

Ours is a 475(SS) applied way back on May'2008 from a HR country.

Our Specific work experience is left which DIAC have received on March 05,2010 lately.

Our medicals expired Oct'2009,dont know what next for us!!!

Hi Proview,

our timeline is as follows 175 applied 15May 2009, WA SS applied 11th August 2009 WA SS Granted 18th Feb 2010. O/H is a cook. We got the prices today which were £120 per person for medical examination, £30 per person for HIV Test, £80 per person for X-Rays and £60 for documents to be couriered to Sydney. Grand total of £520 for the 2 of us. There are now only 7 places in the UK where the meds can be done so as I said, we dont want to get caught out.

Cheers,

John Gilfillan

( John and Henni ):hug:

Got our medicals done yesterday in Glasgow. Getting Police checks sent away today. At our medical, the doctor told us that from 31st March 2010 there will only be 1 place to get your Medicals done in Scotland. That will be in Edinburgh. They are looking at a cost of £300 all in for the meds and xrays. I think this also includes the courier to Sydney.

Regards,

Got our medicals done yesterday in Glasgow. Getting Police checks sent away today. At our medical, the doctor told us that from 31st March 2010 there will only be 1 place to get your Medicals done in Scotland. That will be in Edinburgh. They are looking at a cost of £300 all in for the meds and xrays. I think this also includes the courier to Sydney.

Regards,

Hi Guys

good luck with the results, Im going to hang out until around May, June time, by this time things may get a little better whats going on with the new PLAN.

proview

Hi Guys

good luck with the results, Im going to hang out until around May, June time, by this time things may get a little better whats going on with the new PLAN.

proview

Hi we had ours done yest too in london,all was fine just x rays to check were all ok which we can find out in 4 days time the clinic sais.

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi,

Ours is a 475(SS) applied way back on May'2008 from a HR country.

Our Specific work experience is left which DIAC have received on March 05,2010 lately.

Our medicals expired Oct'2009,dont know what next for us!!!

Hi Jupter

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Could you clarify this statement, please:

Who asked for the evidence of your specific work experience? Did a DIAC CO request it?

Also, whose idea was it to get the meds done? Was that a CO's idea or was it yours?

What is your occupation, please?

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Regards,

Hi John

Many thanks for this information. £300 for an adult for complete meds sounds very expensive to me? I thought the going rate was about £220 per adult for absolutely everything? Maybe my ideas are old and out of date?

If this is a genuine price-hike, based on commercial opportunism, then I think that A FUSS should be made to DIAC, via the Principal Migration Officer in London, whose job it is to look after this sort of meds issue in the UK. I've met the PMO for the UK and I have her name etc. She is very nice and very fair minded.

How much did you have to pay, please?

Cheers

Gill

Originally Posted by Gollywobbler viewpost.gif

Hi All

Taz2008 and I are currently planning a joint letter to David Wilden in London. He is DIAC's Regional Director for Europe. He is away on holiday at present so nothing can be done until into April, when Mr Wilden will be returning to London.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill,

I have prepared the letter/email to Mr Wilden and sent it to your email address.

However, I am not sure if you have received it. I also sent you a PiO PM and its still showing unread and as you have not come back to me I am now wondering if there is a problem getting my emails through to you!

So, I am hoping you see this post so you can let me know what you think of the email, and if you did not get it can you let me know so I can resend it.

Many thanks

Best wishes

Tasha :wubclub:

Archived