Lets start again!

mr luvpants

Hi all

I have been on this forum nearly 2 years and have at least another 15 months before we get to oz. I have seen loads come and go. So I thought it may be the time to reintroduce ourselves and get to "know" all the new ones on here.

So I will go first:

John (42) and Lisa (cant say) living in Colchester, Essex at the moment. I am a Firefighter and Lisa is a newly qualified nurse and we are hoping to go to either the Gold or Sunny coasts in December 2010. We have 3 kids (22,20 and 19) who are not coming with us. We have applied for the ANMC assessment which should be here in the next week or so and then we will put in for QLD state sponsorship. Hopefully we will have that Jan-Feb time and then we will stick in for a 176. Lisa has her IELTS test this coming Saturday so that she can apply to the QLD nursing council to get registered. I am hoping to join either the QLD Fire service or the Police when out there.

Who's next?

JOHN

Nice idea John.

We are Annette (?), Former RGN, but not registered at the moment. and Steve (45), IT: Business intelligence. Ben (12) and Buddy the dog.

I have dual Aussie/British nationality but had never been to Oz until 2008. Steve and Ben now have PR and we have booked our flights to Brisbane on our anniversary, 30th December. We will be settling in Gladstone, Qld. No jobs yet, and little chance of Steve getting what he has been doing recently. I am hoping to be able to re-register but my case seems to be too complicated for the websites so I think I need a face-to-face interview.

Hiya it is a nice idea.

We have been plodding away at this since June 2008

Matt is a Toolmaker and its his trade we have applied under.

I am Catherine and I am an Employment Law Adviser for the Civil Service.

I have an 18 year old who lives with her Father in Brisbane and I have a 15 year old daughter who lives with us and together we have a son of 8.

We were coming on a 175 PR visa but Toolmaker was taken off the CSL list in March so we applied and were successful in getting State Sponsership for Western Australia.

We have been asked to supply our case officer with further info, and hopefully should recieve our visa soon. we have sold our house and are now renting.

We would like to travel to Perth in January 2010.:cool:

Guest gonefishing

Hi

Nigel (42), Kim (39 again) and Darwin the dog. Been in oz for 5 months now and loving it. I'm a student at the Sunshine Coast Uni and Kim is just about to start a voluntary job at the local op shop. Found out so much useful info on this site before coming over thought it might be a good idea to give back a little. Good luck with your adventure.

Nice idea John as I have just started responding on threads again after a self induced absence having joined this site about 2 1/2 years ago.

Me Lyn 50 not working yet. OH Sean 48 is a plumber. Son Callum 19 studies dance and performing arts in Brisbane.

Have been living on the Gold Coast since Feb 08. Here on a 136 (now 175) PR visa.

OH has adapted to plumbing australian style pretty easily and has built up a really good reputation. I would like a job but its been tough going finding one but thankfully we can manage ok. We are all really happy here and will be especially so when our daughter arrives.

Son graduates in Dec and is getting professional work on a regular basis with his first long contract starting in Jan next year and is absolutely loving his life here.

Daughter aged 22 has just been granted her PR visa (115 last remaining rellie) and joins us next month with her boyfriend who is coming on a working holiday visa (hoping to find a way of getting him PR too).

Moved into our own house in Apr which was built by an independent builder to our design and spec. Now busy sorting out the front and backyards!

Lyn

Guest milly molly

Hi all,

Me, Michelle (43), nurse, OH, Pete(51), firefighter, Kids are, James (21) apprentice engineer doing foundation degree one day a week at uni, and Alex (17) one more year of A-Levels and then hopefully queensland uni to do something in sport! I have ANMC skills assessment and I am just waiting for QNMC which should be any day now. I will start applying for jobs after Xmas so heres hoping, and we will come over next summer after sons exams. OH will be my house husband for a while but will do any job really!! James will hopefully join us once his apprentiship and degree are finished in 2012!

We have sold the house after only 4 weeks and are going in to rented in a weeks time! We have found a friend who wants our 2 labradors which i feel after a lot of heartache is best for them, but not best for us, so the jury is still out!

We are so excited, but i keep having big doubts, especially as OH will not have a job and is probably too old to go in to the fire service over there, but this site keeps me motivated and we will keep going!

lol

michelle x

Hi all,

Me, Michelle (43), nurse, OH, Pete(51), firefighter, Kids are, James (21) apprentice engineer doing foundation degree one day a week at uni, and Alex (17) one more year of A-Levels and then hopefully queensland uni to do something in sport! I have ANMC skills assessment and I am just waiting for QNMC which should be any day now. I will start applying for jobs after Xmas so heres hoping, and we will come over next summer after sons exams. OH will be my house husband for a while but will do any job really!! James will hopefully join us once his apprentiship and degree are finished in 2012!

We have sold the house after only 4 weeks and are going in to rented in a weeks time! We have found a friend who wants our 2 labradors which i feel after a lot of heartache is best for them, but not best for us, so the jury is still out!

We are so excited, but i keep having big doubts, especially as OH will not have a job and is probably too old to go in to the fire service over there, but this site keeps me motivated and we will keep going!

lol

michelle x

Have sent you a PM.

JOHN

Guest guest17301

Fiona (34) Pete (34) Courtney (12) and daniel (3)..

Currently living on a 457 visa in Perth, I am a nurse, Pete is a driver...we love Perth and Wa and are in the process of applying for our state sponsorship to enable us to apply for a 176. Been on the site since June 2008...also seen em come and go!

Hi to all new ones and a big welcome..

Guest mandisfam

Hi, What a great idea, Im afraid I only lurk on here now and again but have been a member since March 2008, when we started all of this.

We are me, Mary (34), oh is Nick (37), 2 children, Katie (6) and Scott (4). We were granted our 175 visa on 3rd July this year. We were one of the lucky ones, with oh's job on the CSL, he works in IT.

We are still deciding when to move out. Due to the fact we still trying sell our house, which has been up since March, and only 4 viewers and no offers, we are losing all hope in it selling by May next year. We have decided that we will make a firm decision over christmas time as to whether we will either validate the visa or move out early part next year, and maybe rent out the house.

We have the opinion at the moment, what will be, will be.....

Mandisfam

We're Alison & Nigel both 45, I'm a nurse in Mental Health and Hubby is an electronics engineer working for a small broadcasting Company in WA. Two Children (14 & 10 ... in a couple of weeks), been here since Jan 2007 and became Australian Citizens in June this year.

Hi all

We are Warren (33) furniture spray painter, Jill(32) Patient care adviser NHS, Liam (13) stroppy teenager & Jack (7) thinks he's a teenager and still as stroppy.

We all moved over in Jan09 to Gold Coast. We only lasted a month because Warren got the wobbles. He now been back over on gold coast since 15th August on his own. Once he gets work we will follow. didnt want to drag the kids out of school until Warren knew what he wanted. (took alot of hassle to get them back in school)

Warren loves it now over there. He has had a few down days with not getting work quickly and missing us but he knows what has to be done and that its not forever.

He has an interview today so fingers crossed he gets it.

Jill

xxx

HI we are Sue (45ish) wilf (50) David (21) Michael (18) and Danielle Nearly 15

we have been members a while came to Brisbane in April 08 on 457 visa have applied for PR due to that golden age I have to go down the sponsored route for PR but immigration are taking there time bit of a back log due to stricter process. on all visa applications.:arghh:

Hubby didnt have a job first 14 weeks as was let down by recruiting compamy but a trip to the library landed him a job with the local council and he as you say Is like a PIG in S*** was made permanent several weeks ago.

I have found this site useful and gained valuable information and made some really great friends and if I can help/advise other people in there new adventure I feel I would have given something back to this site for all the help love and support that I have been given

THORPES : Good Luck Warren with your interview :hug:

Hi, I am new to this site and the whole process. We are Kate (30 very soon) Lewis (33 very son) Eve 6, Rhys amost 3 and Phoebe 6 months. We have decided we want to jump ship and after years of saying that Australia didn't interest us have suddenly found quite a lot that does. (Not the spiders tho!!) Lewis is a Chef, I, whne I am not havin children, work in theatre production and administration. We thought we were going to have to go the skilled migrant route via state sponsorship so have been looking at Adelaide, that ay when the 2 years is up we can move over to Melbourne or Sydney for my work if we felt the desire. However very excited today as we have found out that my Father in Law is an Austalian citizen (born there but lived most of his life here) so we are speaking to people to find out what this will actually mean for us?????? Hopeig to go there Jan 2011 as that will mean my dauughter can start a new school year, my son will start school the following year, rather than start school here in September and then start school again over there. However my eldest is a daughter from my previous marraige so that is our first hurdle convincing my ex, or getting the courts to convince him that she will be better coming with us. eeeeek

Guest guest30038

Hi,

We are: Kev (61), Bridget (49), Jake (16), Josh (14). We have been here in Brizzy for 15 yrs. I am on home duties and Bridget has rotated on several roles at the Prince Charles Hospital (Duty Nurse Manager, Clinical Nurse Teacher, Transplant Co-ordinator and is also on the organ retrieval team).

Introduced to this site by Yvonne (Andy&Yvonne) who have recently arrived here and are loving it in Brizzy.

I hail originally from Blackpool, and Bridget was born here in Frankston (father an exchange naval officer) but she was raised in Cornwall.

Feel free to PM us, if you have any questions regarding Brizzy or nursing in brizzy.

kev

Guest JoanneHattersley

Im Joanne, aged 38 (almost) and I am a registered nurse in aged care (dementia unit). OH is Mark , 45 and a bus driver for Brizzy council. We arrived here in Feb 05 so rack up 5 years next year!

Been in Brizzy the whole time and love it x

Hi everyone, I'm Cazz (44, school caretaker) hubby Al (45, aircraft maintenance engineer) daughter Terri (21) Ben (19) Sam (15). needless to say got our visa on hubbies job!!! We joined the site 18 months ago, it's fab, learnt a lot & great peeps always willing to help. We are off to Perth as soon as the house sells (can't wait!) My daughter isn't coming with us (can't work in the heat, she says) & eldest son (who has got a visa cos he's at college) still can't make his mind up!!! The youngest can't wait.

Guest Dionne and Rickie

Good idea John,

We are Dionne(33) Rickie(32), Thomas(10) Maisie(7) Lucy (10) Labrador Mollie(6) Boxer

I am a nursery nurse i work in southend hospital in the special care baby unit and i love it!

Rickie is an electrician special class and we are going on his visa!

We have been doing this process since August 2008!

Was on CSL but not any more, applied for 176 in march got to show proof of funds now then MORE waiting......

Hoping to move to the Gold coast!!:smile:

Hi I am Lisa (38 yrs ) and hoping to move to North Bris or Gold Coast with OH (Stephen 47yrs) and son (Dan 12 yrs). We live in County Durham and both work as RMN's and will continue to do so in aus. Patiently awaiting visa.

Lisa x

Hi

We are Emma (35) & Mark (39) and we are off to Perth on a student visa. I fly out 23rd September and Mark is coming out next year as we have not sold house yet.

Been on PIO for over a year and think is a great site and have met a lots of lovely people!

Welcome to all you newbies and good luck on your adventure!

xxx

Guest yindavies

Hi

We are Kerrie(45) Ian (41) Lowrie (20) Morgan (16) Ellis (14) and Tomos(13) who looking at moving to Brisbane Jan 2010. I`m a ICU nurse who is having interview this week at The Mater and currently transferring WA nursing registration to Queensland. OH is electrical engineer and probably won`t be moving out iniatially until children and myself get settled, so at least we`ll continue having his wage for a while. Oldest daughter has told me today she doesn`t think she wants to come now so as put serious doubt in my mind. We`ll see.

Found this site so informative, keep up with all the good information.

Guest jackie Macdonald
Hi all

We are Warren (33) furniture spray painter, Jill(32) Patient care adviser NHS, Liam (13) stroppy teenager & Jack (7) thinks he's a teenager and still as stroppy.

We all moved over in Jan09 to Gold Coast. We only lasted a month because Warren got the wobbles. He now been back over on gold coast since 15th August on his own. Once he gets work we will follow. didnt want to drag the kids out of school until Warren knew what he wanted. (took alot of hassle to get them back in school)

Warren loves it now over there. He has had a few down days with not getting work quickly and missing us but he knows what has to be done and that its not forever.

He has an interview today so fingers crossed he gets it.

Jill

xxx

Oh Jill, My sympathies are with you both! isn't it a pain this immigration lark, my husband and I spend 6 months apart and it is bloody hard. I hope it all works out for you all!

I wish you all the best!:hug:

jackie xx

Hi we've been on here since July 2008. Living in Adelaide and love every minute of it. We came on a state sponsored 475 visa. I'm a mortgage broker, Maria is taking time out for now and the boys are busy applying for jobs after completing their exams. Sam wants to join the police, once we get our permanent residency and Jamie hasn't got a clue what he wants to do yet. Our names and ages are in our signature.

Howard.

Archived