Lets start again!

mr luvpants

Hello! We are Deb (34), Matt (31), Sophie (3) and Charlotte/Lottie (18 months) and we are in Sydney on a 457 at the moment, but hopefully applying for PR soon. I am a stay at home mum and hubby is an optical dispenser who has a branch of Specsavers in Hurstville NSW. We moved over here with Specsavers, because hubby was a director for them in the UK and was given the chance to do the same job over here. Have been here for 7 months and so far so good. We are moving into our own house in 2 weeks time, so we are all very excited about that at the moment!

Me Paul 32, been living on the sunny coast since october last year used to be a maintanence engineer/welder/gas fitter/holiday rep for a boat hire company in the uk. Currently working as a labourer/welder for a fella that owns three farms on the sunny coast.

I'm fanatical about anything with an engine, drink too much and have a very very bad ebay habit.

:)

Guest hartleys

Hi All

we are Lisa 36, beauty therapist but enjoying not working at the minute, Darren 38 carpenter Jess 11 and Tilly 4 (the dog).

We arrived in Perth 6 months ago and love everything about it. If you are currently going through the visa process bear with it, its definately worth the wait.

Lisa x

Guest sunnyday

Hi we are Michelle 33 (staff nurse) Nigel 37 (air con engineer), Daniel 8 and Isabelle nearly 10 months (and she is sooooo cute!!). Applying for PR 176 to Vic. Just getting the blurb together for DIAC hoping to lodge in a couple of weeks!

Hi John, did Lisa lodge skills assessment after 01/07/09? is that why she's having to do the IELTS? Just wondering cos I've seen a few posts about nurses doing it and my agent hasn't said anything to me about it!! :unsure:

Guest jucee555

Hi all,

I have been on this site for about a year, since the seed was sown into my head..lol.

My husband Peter (38) is a Chippy, I have 3 children but one does not want to come he wants to live with his mum (i am his step mum), but fingers crossed he will change his mind, we are not coming yet as I am trying to complete my accounting studies, but luckily we have plenty of time, we are hopefully going to start paperwork in 2010 so a long wait for us.

Take Care all,

Sam x

Dominic 38, Natalie 35, Niamh 10, Conal 8, Erin 5 and Fintan 3.

Hi all, we are hopefully heading to perth july 2010 on a 176 visa. Dom is a Carpenter and i'm a Teaching assistant.

Lodged the visa on 10th Sept 09 and waiting patiently now, well sort of. Had some great help and advice from people. Good luck to everyone going through the process or thinking of it and hope everyone who has got to Oz is living the dream.

:jiggy: :jiggy:

Brilliant idea....Joined this in Feb '08 after my mate got his visa for SA and he kicked me into action.

Went to the Australia Needs Skills Expo in Australia house mid-March...up at 5 train at 6...got to the Expo for an early slot at 9:15....10:00 left Australia house...with a job offer...Got to Oz August '08...1 year and 2 weeks ago...not that I am counting!!

Not all been a bed of roses....but things are settling now and glad I had my ass kicked...Cheers Stu!!

To all those just starting the journey....It will seem that everything is stacked against you (it isn't)...persevere...for us at least it is a great move!!

You will find many positives and many negatives on this site...in general most only want to help...but sometimes the truth isn't what you really want to hear...but this site is, even though we are here, a fantastic tool.

Mac (45) nut strangler, Phet (35) hairdresser (waitress at the moment), and Emily (6).

Good luck all

Mac.

Hi John, did Lisa lodge skills assessment after 01/07/09? is that why she's having to do the IELTS? Just wondering cos I've seen a few posts about nurses doing it and my agent hasn't said anything to me about it!! :unsure:

Hi

We got our ANMC application in before the 1 July deadline only to find that Queensland Nursing council brought in the same rule as well. So we have got our ANMC positive letter but to work as a nurse she has to do the IELTS anyway, which she sat yesterday!

JOHN

Guest sunnyday
Hi

We got our ANMC application in before the 1 July deadline only to find that Queensland Nursing council brought in the same rule as well. So we have got our ANMC positive letter but to work as a nurse she has to do the IELTS anyway, which she sat yesterday!

JOHN

Hi John just realised it says that on your signature - DOH!! Good Luck hope she passes :hug:

Great thread ..... I've been a member about 18th months when we first decided to go down this road....

We are me Rachel, Martin (1st class Welder) and Abigail and Cassie

We applied for our 175 in February when DH's trade was on CSL. Then it got taken off the CSL and we decided to sit it out and wait...however as it now seems they could take forever and with more rumoured changes to the MODL we decided to go for WA SS , which applied for on aug 3rd. If WA keep to the current timelines they are working to atm then we hope to get the SS by Nov 22nd. And if DIAC keep processing 176's at the current rate then we hope to have our visa for Christmas!!!

Still trying to sell the blummin house but all being well hoping to make it to WA February/March 2010!!

Hi

We are Howard(44) Pam (43) Becki (14) Luke (11)

Howard has his citizenship by descent(his dad was born in Australia) and the kids and I are in the process of applying for our partner visa...just waiting for my police check to come back and then gonna send it.......meds booked for 5th October.

I am a mental health nurse and will be sitting my IETLS to register with QNC next month....I thought it would be a breeze until I saw the practice exam paper on their website.Howard is hoping to get some work sorted when we go over there.

We are going to Brisbane(have relatives Wellington Point) next Easter with a view to migrating by September 2010(if all goes to plan!!!) looking at Brisbane/Gold Cost area but dependent upon where I get a job.

Archived