thinking of going home to uk

plazze

my wife and i have being here 5 months now we are thinking of going home .we live in rockingham she is a nurse am a paint sprayer took me three months to find work we miss home and dont know if we like it here and ever will, everone says they move for the lifestyle what lifestyle , get home and do nothing maybe coz its winter i dont know i cant speak for everone but i dont find australia people freindly i think there rude bellive me am trying they ,where strugling to make freinds wife shifts are crap ,hey i might be a big straping scotsman but am almost crying writing this knowing what i gave up to come here .anyone thinking the same or anyone at home who went back

gary

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know where you are coming from.My O/H (rugby playing geordie) has been on the point of tears a few times.

He is fed up of going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark.His working hours mean we do not really have much of a social life.The people he works with treat him like a child who knows nothing.He has been in his trade 23yrs!!!!!!!

I really do not know what the answer is to your situation but there seems to be quite a lot of people in the same position.:hug:

Have you been feeling like this since day 1, or is it coming in waves (good and bad days)? I hope you both can work though this, if not congratulations for giving it a try.

I hope you can find your answer Gary.

All the best

Geoffrey

Guest pegasus 90

Hi Plazze,

I know exactly where you are coming from, I have trod your path. I have been here 9 years this month & have all the T-shirts !!!. Yes it is very difficult at the start, and I think we all underestimated how much we have to work at it. Unfortunately Perth is very parochial with a country town mentality. As far as work goes most people couldn't care less what you did or achieved back in U.K. I found that in my industry they had the attitude 'this is how we do it, stuff the rest of the world'. Until you both find jobs you enjoy, it will be very hard to settle in.

Just another bit of advice: we originally settled in Rockingham (what a mistake!) but quickly realized that apart from the Swinging Pig & the beach, there's nothing there.We found that we quickly got bored with the place (my opinion only ofcourse).

Keep your chin up , things are a bit miserable in winter time anyway.

I personally found it takes 12-18 months to settle in, so try to keep positive we have all been through what you are feeling.

It is not easy, but as time goes by you'll find less effort is needed, but be warned : it takes a lot of compromises to be a successful immigrant!.

Hi Gary

My advise to you would be consider moving, i have not heard the best about Rockingham especially from young couples. Have some freinds who live in Mandurah just south of you and connected directly by the train and they adore it, may be this is worth a shot? We havent moved to Perth yet but i do know that it took me about a 9months to get used to just being at uni about 100miles from home!! (this was many moons ago i must add ;o) ) so i can imagine it will take a good while longer yet to find yourself and settle in to a whole new life and country. Dont give up mate, remember why you wanted to move in the first place. Your starting a whole new life from scratch, theres going to be all sorts of swings and roundabouts on the way, but you can do it.

My and my OH are moving to Perth in Nov, i know its a few months away yet but please feel free to PM me and hopefully we can meet up once we are downunder ;o)

Take care and remember UK is dark and depressing in the winter too but it pretty much continues into the summer, at least you can guarantee that when summer comes you will get the sun! ;o) You have to stay to see an Aussie summer, like here when the suns out people change, things dont seem quit so bad. Give it a bit longer mate and chin up.

Hope it gets better for you i really do.

If you werent a big strapping Scotsman I'd give you a :hug:

Put a time limit on it - do your best to make it work for a year or two - or whatever you think you can handle and then make a decision. As the others have said, you can try moving elsewhere to see if there is somewhere else that floats your boat or you could make the decision to move to places that you do know float your boat (I am determined not to say BACK because I think that we need always to move forward but that moving forward can definitely be to a place where we "belong"). In the meantime just treat it like a holiday and dont countenance any "shall we go/stay" questions just wait until your target date to sit down and decide. (If you have teenage kids though, all bets are off, sometimes your decision time frame is shorter for educational reasons)

It does seem that people who dont hang in for a bit longer - and the magical date seems to be 2 years - do tend to pingpong because once they move on they agonize about whether they gave it enough time or not and we have pingpongpingers on here who came back and still found it wasnt for them. I think you do know if you are going to belong or not and I think you know that quite early on but then it all depends on how much you are prepared to change so that you fit in here if you dont feel that you belong.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Hi, What visa are you on? Can your wife ask her manager for reduced hours? or ask for early shifts for a while, if she's having trouble settling. What shifts do they do at Rockingham (I'm assuming that's where she is) - at Armadale which is also South Metro they're 7am - 3.30 and 1 - 9.30pm which aren't too bad as you get home a bit earlier and can do things before going to work.

I think in the workplace you can get 'rude people' however, I know that my aussie colleagues have said that over the years they have been subject to a lot of migrants (English generally) coming over telling them how to do their job, and how so much better it was done in the UK ... I guess that after a while it rubs them up the wrong way and they tend to think we'll all be like that until we prove we aren't

Guest keith lancaster

My my...... that does sound familia! curious? what trade is o/h. I,m a carpenter myself or should I say an out of work carpenter. Been here 18 months now and I can sooooo relate to what your saying. The best thing to do is to do something new and to there way of thinking. Personally I could do with a change anyway. I do get very home sick (friend sick) but go home to What? the economy is in a worse **** state over there. I have a 5 year plan. Every one needs a plan and stick to. Give yourselves and the rest of the fasmily a chance. It is a new way of life, totally different to our old. Its our way of thinking thats got to adapt and that does not happen overnight.

Oh! and as for the big scottish lad, "touhgen up princess"......

just kidding, I feel like f**king crying sometime too big fella.

All the best to you all. Keith

Guest twilighter

Hi there I feel your pain, we are in a the process of moving back and have found out that on a 457 visa you can cash in your superannuation and your employer is by law made to pay for return flights (check out immigration website and ring them) really helpful, good advice from quoll, our flights are 9 aug but just recieved a call about another job (been waiting 4 wks for it) typical so all in limbo again.. got a teenager in middle of hsc s and a 5 yr old, nightmare, if new job works out we are staying for 1 more yr, then heading back again, who knows, but hope the money advice helps x follow your heart and instinct, thats ususally right and dont worry it all works out in the end.

Guest ElizaBee

Hi Plazze,

You arenot alone!

:hug:

I actually do feel like giving a big scotsman a hug! A cyber hug anyway.

We totally have been in your position, although my hubby got a job quickly. I didn't enjoy nursing over here.

We lived in Perth nearly 2 years, went back UK, came back to Melbourne and that was 10 years ago, but are now planning a move to UK.

Would have moved back to the UK years ago, but life happened and couldn't.

We are now in a position where we can in the next few months hopefully.

I find myself totally agreeing with Quoll yet again. Always such great advice.

With hindsight, we should have stayed over there and not come back, but we kept second guessing our instincts. Everyone saying negative comments in the UK like "what you doing back here?" doesnot help.

Saying that, life has been good to us over here, and i would not put Oz down in any way. Its just not for us anymore.

You could waste a lot of time moving around trying to settle, if you know in your heart where you want be.

On the other hand i know there must be many people who found it difficult to settle at first and now are very happy.

Knowing what i know now, I personally dont think there is a magic set amount of time it takes to feel settled. I think you know yourself and your own personal situation.

You know what life you left behind and what you would have here.

You just have to choose what you want, which when you think about it is a great situation to be in. You have a choice.

I wish you and everyone else making these hard decisions the very best of luck.

Hope you feel a lot happier soon.

Guest jackie Macdonald

I was recently in a similar mind frame to yourselves and have since returned to the UK. I think a lot of posters are right, it might just be a phase you are going through so it may be as well to give it a little longer. I on the other hand knew very early on that Australia just wasn't for me and am extremely happy being back where I belong. If you can get through all the bad feeling then you know it was just a bout of homesickness, but if it doesn't eventually leave you or it gets worse then you have your answer.

Most importantly listen to your heart!

All the best whichever you decide.

jackie xx

my wife and i have being here 5 months now we are thinking of going home .we live in rockingham she is a nurse am a paint sprayer took me three months to find work we miss home and dont know if we like it here and ever will, everone says they move for the lifestyle what lifestyle , get home and do nothing maybe coz its winter i dont know i cant speak for everone but i dont find australia people freindly i think there rude bellive me am trying they ,where strugling to make freinds wife shifts are crap ,hey i might be a big straping scotsman but am almost crying writing this knowing what i gave up to come here .anyone thinking the same or anyone at home who went back

gary

Hello Mate,

My wifes a nurse and I am working in Landscaping ( When weather lets me ) We have been here 2.5 Months and I must admit that I sometimes feel just how you feeling.

Lets make a deal to carry on a little longer.

I keep thinking about the U.K. and the fact that I had a regular and secure job and MONEY ( Just about to run out mate ) My wife is enjoying her work which is good as that is one reason why we came and its good to see her happy.

I wish I could have dealt with the move better as I have been grumpy at times ( Due to work being on and off ) and the roles have changed as she earns more, which feels odd.

I will not give up..

Think about it.....

You worked so hard to get here and it is Winter. ( The sun will make a difference. )

The U.K. seems good in memory as you remember only the good times, but if you go back now i think you WILL regret it mate.

People seem rude here, but its just their way dude and I find its better to the snob attitude people have in the U.K.

I told my wife if she hates her job, to move onto another Hospital as we made the journey here for a BETTER life, so look into different jobs and areas. I know its a risk but she will find more work being a nurse.

Hell, I applied for a Grave Digging job today :biglaugh: no joke mate, bet your work seems better already.

Keep at it and I am sure things will work out mate.

Leigh.

gary

Hi Gary,

We've been here 8 months and have just got back from a holiday back home, my OH cried at Glasgow airport sayig he didn't want to come back...if we knew then what we knew now then maybe we wouldn't have come but we did and going back wouldn't be going back to what we had - we'd have no jobs, we 'gave away' the house and cars and spent a fortune getting here and all the reasons we wanted to leave would still be the same. What I'm trying to work out is how we can make life here better rather than regretting our decision to come.

If you haven't bought a house I would defintely consider moving to a different area, you don't mention children so that may be quite easy. You could even consider another city altogether??

I do think though that the weather at the monent isn't helping (us for sure, you maybe?) I keep complaining this wasn't what I was promised at all!!

Got to go the wee one can't sleep (jet lag!) but hope things get better for you.

Jules

Guest LukeSkywalker

Before you go back, then I think its worth considering the wider world.

Unemployment in Europe is rising fast and shows no signs of abatement. Many countries are reaching 10% with for example Spain at 19% and Latvia at 16%.

But as I have said for quite some time, of the larger European nations, the country with the biggest problems is the UK. Unemployment in the UK is currently “only” 2.5 million or 7% but it is estimated to reach over 3 million by the end of 2009.

The combination of government deficits, a banking system which is extremely fragile and too big for the country, very high personal credit that will not be repaid and a housing bubble which still has a long way to fall makes the UK very vulnerable to a major financial shock. That shock is coming. Early 2010.

During the next 6-9 months unemployment will severely affect most parts of the world including China, Asia and Africa.

Never before has there been a global unemployment crisis affecting the world simultaneously.

This will not only mean a massive decline in consumption and world trade leading to a recession or depression worldwide but also poverty, famine and social unrest.

Millions of people will be on the move - all searching for food and a better way of life etc. This will be a very serious event. Not apocalypse in some ways, but damned close to it economically.

Again here Britain is most vulnerable.

With an "open doors" policy on immigration (which it is despite governments saying it isn't) millions more people are set to arrive in the UK and demand (as it is their right in law) housing, medical care and social security. Britain will suffer like no other country in the West. remember there are 100 million peopel in Europe who can come to the UK and claim benefits (as Brits can somethimes go there). And NO I'm not saying they all will - simply a percentage will.

Why is the flu pandemic on the news permanently in the UK and not elsewhere? To divert attention from the crumbling economy. The government and senior civil servants ALL know this is the case.

ACCELERATION OF THE DOWNTURN IS ABOUT TO START

The next phase of this tragic saga will soon start.

Compared to the of the 1930’s we are already in a worse position today than at the same stage of the Great Depression. Industrial production is worse in many countries. World trade is worse and the stock market fall is greater than at the same stage in the corresponding period of the Depression and both government and private debt is a lot worse. Everything is in place for the next leg - which for those of you who study the Great Depression is DOWN, BIG TIME.

So what is likely to happen next?

• Unemployment will increase government deficits

First unemployment will rise substantially as outlined above and the effects of the unemployed masses will have major repercussions on the economy. This will lead to government deficits growing substantially. Tax revenue is already falling at alarming rates in the US and UK and most other countries but it will get a lot worse.

Government expenditure will rise rapidly due to the mass unemployment. Taxes will rise but this will be like getting water out of a stone – there won’t be much revenue to tax. And if Vat or sales taxes are increased this will kill consumption even more. In addition governments will have to implement more programmes to help the poor, hungry and homeless. This will lead to more money printing.

• Next phase of bank problems

Secondly the next phase of problems in the financial system will start by the autumn of 2009 at the latest. Some of the write downs in loans are collosal - and they are beginnign to happen now. Since this will come as a total shock to most people the effect will be much worse than in 2008. So far US banks have taken losses of $1.1 trillion. Conservative estimates put total losses at $2.2 trillion but realistic estimates are around $4 trillion and this excludes any problems in the $600 trillion to $1 quadrillion derivatives market a big part of which is worthless. In the next round of capital raising for banks there will only be one investor – the government. Thus there will be more money printing.

• Government paper will collapse – first in the US and UK

With the escalation of money printing markets will be flooded with government paper which nobody wants, leaving governments to buy its own junk. The two countries with the worst problems are the UK and the US and their precarious situation will emerge first.

Within the next few months rating agencies are likely to downgrade both countries’ debt. This will lead to the value of the treasury bonds and gilts collapsing and interest rates quickly moving up into the teens. I have a friend who works in a very good position at the BoE and they are already factoring in 10% to their economic models. If they factor in 10% then I'd be thinking of 12%-15% since they always undershoot in this area.

The higher rates will make the financing costs of the debt to up exponentially leading to more money printing and higher interest rates. This could create the “perfect” vicious circle that will end in a hyperinflationary depression.

Of course, the above is not necessarily the scenario that will unfold. But on the basis of debt and the precarious situation of the banks I think it is very likely. When thsi starts to unravel the world stock markets could tumble by as much as 90% from their 2007 peaks. Impossible? No. Study history. Its exactly what happened in the 1930's. Huge rise in stock market, and a tumble, then another huge rise (witness 2009) and then the BIG tumble. Most people think that the crash happened in one day - it most certainly didnt. The real crash happened when people realised that the first crash had createde more problems that it had solved. When they realised governments were lying to them and a credit based life was nto sustainable. PEOPLE FORGET THERE WAS A HUGE CREDIT BOOM IN THE 30's

I hope I am wrong. I really do. But I dont think I am. I think we are close to financial armageddon. Australia is in a better position to survive than most countries, simply by virtue of not having had the massive bank problems YET.

Oh, and incidentally for those of you that have read some of my postings where I was WORRIED about a decision, none of this worries me per se. It scares me but doesnt worry me. I am aware that if I am right then I am reasonably powerless to make things better :-)

Guest LukeSkywalker
Wow, Thanks for that

Apologies for the typing - I hate making typos. Wrote it whilst in a very boring meeting this afternoon (ironically at the Bank of England). Waiting to take a picture of the Governor who didn't turn up.

I guess the thing is - if Luke's Armageddon scenario comes to fruition (and there is an even chance that it will although I dont share his sanguinity about Australia faring better because I think there are other inherent problems with Australia which may impact upon it )- where would you be best supported? If you are an isolated individual in Aus without a family/social support network and you lose your job then you are in a more precarious state than if you were in a country with a well established support base imho. People do tend to look after their own. However I have doubts about whether now is the time to move anywhere if you have a job especially one which is essentially recession proof unless you can walk into another equally secure job in your destination. So there are elements of pragmatism about considering the state of the world at the moment and balancing that with the emotional turmoil of finding yourself in a place which isnt comfortable.

Guest LukeSkywalker
I guess the thing is - if Luke's Armageddon scenario comes to fruition (and there is an even chance that it will although I dont share his sanguinity about Australia faring better because I think there are other inherent problems with Australia which may impact upon it )- where would you be best supported? If you are an isolated individual in Aus without a family/social support network and you lose your job then you are in a more precarious state than if you were in a country with a well established support base imho. People do tend to look after their own. However I have doubts about whether now is the time to move anywhere if you have a job especially one which is essentially recession proof unless you can walk into another equally secure job in your destination. So there are elements of pragmatism about considering the state of the world at the moment and balancing that with the emotional turmoil of finding yourself in a place which isnt comfortable.

Good advice. People do look after their own etc. I'm not sure Australia will be completely immune from the turmoil, but the league table of "knackered countries" does seem to have the UK and USA in the relegation zone.

Brown is a complete liar. NOTHING he says is true (witness today more lies about the UK troops and helicopters). This man has single handedly destroyed Britain. His legacy will be a bankruptcy lasting 20 years.

The incredible thing is ..... I actually think he may well get re-elected.

People are completely stupid. And gullible.

Just like Goebells and Hitler Brown and his cronies keep repeating the mantra (AKA Big Lie theory) "this is a global problem, we didnt cause it". Some fools are now beginning to believe it.

We should all do well to remember Marx. He wrote that capitalism would only be destroyed by capitalism (Das Kapital). Darling and Brown are both ex-Trotskyists (if you beleive leopards can change spots) so they are both happy to destroy capitalism.

Thats who is running Britain.

Incidentally - interesting fact. Gordon Brown intends to educate his children privately "for security reasons". Funny old world isn't it? One rule for them .........

gary

Have you had a look at Bunbury or mandurah?- i spent a lot of time back and forth to Perth whilst i was there. As i have said on here a few times , the Perth views ,Kings park etc great ........but the suburbs,not for me........and Rockingham ......i must say i havent been there since 94, NO TAH.

I loved Bunbury then ,and still do .If iam lucky enough , i may retire there.

But iam currently back home and loving it, iam institutionalised.

Weathers crap,recession will be a long one,but everything is here.

I know exactly how you feel,but at least give a few different areas a go or treat it like a holiday.

I remember my first weekend in oz , i was drafted into the local football (soccer) team to play COLLIE.......dear me it was like going into redneck country.

I thought i was in the movie Deliverance..........."squeal like a pig boy"

Before you go back, then I think its worth considering the wider world.

Unemployment in Europe is rising fast and shows no signs of abatement. Many countries are reaching 10% with for example Spain at 19% and Latvia at 16%.

But as I have said for quite some time, of the larger European nations, the country with the biggest problems is the UK. Unemployment in the UK is currently “only” 2.5 million or 7% but it is estimated to reach over 3 million by the end of 2009.

The combination of government deficits, a banking system which is extremely fragile and too big for the country, very high personal credit that will not be repaid and a housing bubble which still has a long way to fall makes the UK very vulnerable to a major financial shock. That shock is coming. Early 2010.

During the next 6-9 months unemployment will severely affect most parts of the world including China, Asia and Africa.

Never before has there been a global unemployment crisis affecting the world simultaneously.

This will not only mean a massive decline in consumption and world trade leading to a recession or depression worldwide but also poverty, famine and social unrest.

Millions of people will be on the move - all searching for food and a better way of life etc. This will be a very serious event. Not apocalypse in some ways, but damned close to it economically.

Again here Britain is most vulnerable.

With an "open doors" policy on immigration (which it is despite governments saying it isn't) millions more people are set to arrive in the UK and demand (as it is their right in law) housing, medical care and social security. Britain will suffer like no other country in the West. remember there are 100 million peopel in Europe who can come to the UK and claim benefits (as Brits can somethimes go there). And NO I'm not saying they all will - simply a percentage will.

Why is the flu pandemic on the news permanently in the UK and not elsewhere? To divert attention from the crumbling economy. The government and senior civil servants ALL know this is the case.

ACCELERATION OF THE DOWNTURN IS ABOUT TO START

The next phase of this tragic saga will soon start.

Compared to the of the 1930’s we are already in a worse position today than at the same stage of the Great Depression. Industrial production is worse in many countries. World trade is worse and the stock market fall is greater than at the same stage in the corresponding period of the Depression and both government and private debt is a lot worse. Everything is in place for the next leg - which for those of you who study the Great Depression is DOWN, BIG TIME.

So what is likely to happen next?

• Unemployment will increase government deficits

First unemployment will rise substantially as outlined above and the effects of the unemployed masses will have major repercussions on the economy. This will lead to government deficits growing substantially. Tax revenue is already falling at alarming rates in the US and UK and most other countries but it will get a lot worse.

Government expenditure will rise rapidly due to the mass unemployment. Taxes will rise but this will be like getting water out of a stone – there won’t be much revenue to tax. And if Vat or sales taxes are increased this will kill consumption even more. In addition governments will have to implement more programmes to help the poor, hungry and homeless. This will lead to more money printing.

• Next phase of bank problems

Secondly the next phase of problems in the financial system will start by the autumn of 2009 at the latest. Some of the write downs in loans are collosal - and they are beginnign to happen now. Since this will come as a total shock to most people the effect will be much worse than in 2008. So far US banks have taken losses of $1.1 trillion. Conservative estimates put total losses at $2.2 trillion but realistic estimates are around $4 trillion and this excludes any problems in the $600 trillion to $1 quadrillion derivatives market a big part of which is worthless. In the next round of capital raising for banks there will only be one investor – the government. Thus there will be more money printing.

• Government paper will collapse – first in the US and UK

With the escalation of money printing markets will be flooded with government paper which nobody wants, leaving governments to buy its own junk. The two countries with the worst problems are the UK and the US and their precarious situation will emerge first.

Within the next few months rating agencies are likely to downgrade both countries’ debt. This will lead to the value of the treasury bonds and gilts collapsing and interest rates quickly moving up into the teens. I have a friend who works in a very good position at the BoE and they are already factoring in 10% to their economic models. If they factor in 10% then I'd be thinking of 12%-15% since they always undershoot in this area.

The higher rates will make the financing costs of the debt to up exponentially leading to more money printing and higher interest rates. This could create the “perfect” vicious circle that will end in a hyperinflationary depression.

Of course, the above is not necessarily the scenario that will unfold. But on the basis of debt and the precarious situation of the banks I think it is very likely. When thsi starts to unravel the world stock markets could tumble by as much as 90% from their 2007 peaks. Impossible? No. Study history. Its exactly what happened in the 1930's. Huge rise in stock market, and a tumble, then another huge rise (witness 2009) and then the BIG tumble. Most people think that the crash happened in one day - it most certainly didnt. The real crash happened when people realised that the first crash had createde more problems that it had solved. When they realised governments were lying to them and a credit based life was nto sustainable. PEOPLE FORGET THERE WAS A HUGE CREDIT BOOM IN THE 30's

I hope I am wrong. I really do. But I dont think I am. I think we are close to financial armageddon. Australia is in a better position to survive than most countries, simply by virtue of not having had the massive bank problems YET.

Oh, and incidentally for those of you that have read some of my postings where I was WORRIED about a decision, none of this worries me per se. It scares me but doesnt worry me. I am aware that if I am right then I am reasonably powerless to make things better :-)

Luke,in the 2012/biblical /islamic scenario no one gets away scott free.

So going and putting your feet up in oz ,whilst the world collapses,gives me great humour.The dust will touch your deck chair

So stop FLAPPING.......what are you worried about.......if it kicks off big style,you wont know much about it,and there isnt Jack you can do about it.

Guest georgia6

Hi there. I wouldnt rush into anything, you must always have a plan always and follow it and at the end of the strategy you can say 'yep at least we gave it a shot'. My mum is Australian and I have dual citizenship, I've been coming to Australia for many years for a holiday but this Jan 09 I came out with my partner and little girl to live due to the financial crisis back home and also we lived next door to neighbours from hell. We've still kept our house back home , we just rent it out and were in no rush to buy over here. I agree with you SOME of the Aussies I feel like smacking them as there attitude stinks but you know what treat them how you find them, thats what I tell my partner. And on the other hand some are lovely and will really go out of their way to help you. With regards to the weather, I'd rather have Australias winter to Englands. In summer I can't wait to be in the outdoors again. Job wise I worked in recruitment out here and I left for the reason being it took about 3/4 weeks to process 1 persons application for a job and people need work now. My advice is sell yourself to as many companys as possible and maybe look for a different trade? I know it can be draining but you have to do it and in the long run it will pay off. I miss England so much the humour especially, the countryside, the local transport, my Wilkinsons, Marks and Sainsburys. But we to have a plan that in 3/4 years no joy we will go back home. We've paid all this money to come out, we can at least give it a shot, and there's been times me & my partner have both cried and wished we could go back home, but at this moment in time we can't afford it as were using the money we make here to pay our debts off.

Your wife needs to go into work and say I need hours that SUITS my family life, one thing I have noticed out here is that if you speak to the Aussies direct and up front then they have a more respectful attitude towards you. I would give it till the end of the year and if there's no change then go back but seriously dont rush into anything try and committ, remember there was a reason why you came to Oz in the first place so stick to that reason and give it a shot.

Guest LukeSkywalker
What ever we had back in the Uk.....its long gone

Starting with its backbone!

I kind of agree with this - with one very clear exception.

The UK armed forces (and in consequence a lot of young men) has an incredible backbone.

The rest of the country (less by spinless politicians) I would agree with.

am not unhappy at work it would take more than 10 oz guy to make me unhappy ,am not here for the money and could live for a while back home on little money and my wife has a job which is still called fo but for how long???? am lucky i have no debt or morgage here or there in uk and as someone said everthing is there ,have decided to go back anyway i dont think this is the place for us .thanks for the supory anyway

gary

Archived