SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

My case officer has requested this from Canberra. They will either simply resume the citizenship retrospectively ( best case scenario) or send me details on how I do this. In the latter case,we have to withdraw the application for partner visa until I become an Ozzie citizen again because you can't sponsor a partner if you are not an Ozzie citizen and start the process again. I was told that the date of our original application would stay (x fingers). Of course there are cost implications but hey ho

Just to clarify for anyone else reading (though it won't help you) an Aus PR holder can also sponsor a spouse/partner

Hopefully they can resume it fairly easily for you. Where does that leave the kids? Needing visas I guess?

Edited by Nemesis

@CelinaOz can I ask how you found out about your CO did they ring or email you? Does it changed the status on your application? I am hoping we might hear in the next month as we applied only a few weeks after you xx

Ps I have now checked my account Status and it still says Application Received but by my name it says 'Approved' - I am the sponsor, so I'm assuming this just means they have checked me & I am approved as a bonafide sponsor for my husband. X

Quickie question....in the case officer letter it says to upload requested documents at the same time (in underlined & bold - so I think they want that, lol!!). We just have the medical & police check requested on the letter.

We have the police check certificate back now, so I'm going to upload it - the medical is next week and we don't have to upload anything for that, right(?), as the doctor does it his end.

So, my point is, these two documents won't be uploaded at the same time, but guessing that's OK as how can you know what date the doc will upload!

Thanks X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quickie question....in the case officer letter it says to upload requested documents at the same time (in underlined & bold - so I think they want that, lol!!). We just have the medical & police check requested on the letter.

We have the police check certificate back now, so I'm going to upload it - the medical is next week and we don't have to upload anything for that, right(?), as the doctor does it his end.

So, my point is, these two documents won't be uploaded at the same time, but guessing that's OK as how can you know what date the doc will upload!

Thanks X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine are both uploaded prior to CO being allocated so not sure but the ACRO came back and was uploaded like you say to show the date. The Medicals do it all from their end so you can't exact a date as you don't know. I had no notification either that Medicals were approved they just change on immi if you look in to them. Ours says no further requirements. I'm sure as long as they are all uploaded by the date requested then it will be fine. You could always email CO to clarify xx

Hi all, am after some advice please.....I applied for the 309 at the beginning of March - We were looking to make the move in the first half of 2017. I've been with my Aussie partner for 7 years (not married) but last week he proposed! We want to marry in the UK before leaving so our families etc can be there. I'm not sure how this affects my application and wondering if anyone has any experience of a similar situation please? As I know there's a prospective marriage visa option which I didn't apply for or even look into as we were not engaged at the time DOH! Thank you

Hi all, am after some advice please.....I applied for the 309 at the beginning of March - We were looking to make the move in the first half of 2017. I've been with my Aussie partner for 7 years (not married) but last week he proposed! We want to marry in the UK before leaving so our families etc can be there. I'm not sure how this affects my application and wondering if anyone has any experience of a similar situation please? As I know there's a prospective marriage visa option which I didn't apply for or even look into as we were not engaged at the time DOH! Thank you

I'd consider your wedding as simply another piece of evidence to support your application. You definitely don't want to consider the PMV visa as it's only valid for 9 months and then you'd need to apply for the 820 (onshore version of the 309). If you've got de facto evidence of at least 3 years before your application, you should stick with your existing application and you'd likely get the 100 PR visa without going through the temporary visa step.

I agree with MaggieMay. If you marry in the UK before your grant comes through consider your marriage certificate as a piece of evidence to submit. Doesn't really affect your application at all really.

The one thing I will mention is if you marry soon and change your name to take on your partners and apply for a new passport because of it, you'll need to submit the new passport info to your CO also.

My situation was not quite the same as we knew that we were getting married at the time I applied for my visa and included the details of register office appointment with application. CO then asked for copy of certificate once wedding had taken place. Might have been one reason why I was granted 100 straight off.

Situation might depend on how soon you get married or can have some form of formal evidence that wedding is taking place. If in the near future then get the information in to help application. If married after visa granted then I guess that would be a case of reporting any change of passport number. If you get a 100 straight off, and if you have 7 years de facto evidence you may well do so, then that is probably it, if 309 then might need to notify someone though perhaps not as relationship is continuing, leave that until submitting evidence for 100 when the time comes?

Thanks datstheone, snifter and MaggieMay24! I was hoping that would be the case and we would just need to notify them and then upload as evidence. So that's what we'll do! Now to plan a wedding and a move to Australia..... Aaahhh!

All a bit quiet on here, how is everyone doing on the application front ?

Ive just finished collating the requirements required from my CO

The waiting continues........

Hey Mark,

The police check was uploaded last week and medical was done on Tuesday - so we're just waiting for that to be uploaded. Nothing more to do as that was all the CO asked us for. So guess it's just a waiting game now - said to the hubstar tonight I reckon we'll get granted by end Sep!! You can but hope hey.

All a bit quiet on here, how is everyone doing on the application front ?

Ive just finished collating the requirements required from my CO

The waiting continues........

Hi I am still patiently waiting for a CO!!! Just past the 2 month mark so hoping to hear in the next month or so! Already done police and medical checks so nothing to do at this point. We can't move till July next year anyway so as long as we have it all sorted by the end of this year I will be happy!

i think the end of Sept is well within reason, what are your plans once granted?

Ive got a job to quit and a house to sell, Mrs H is heading back (home) mid sept and I plan to follow by end of the year......all being well!!

Hey Mark,

The police check was uploaded last week and medical was done on Tuesday - so we're just waiting for that to be uploaded. Nothing more to do as that was all the CO asked us for. So guess it's just a waiting game now - said to the hubstar tonight I reckon we'll get granted by end Sep!! You can but hope hey.

I just had a phone all out of the blue from my CO, requesting some further info, you may have a CO working on your case and may not even need to contact you!

Hi I am still patiently waiting for a CO!!! Just past the 2 month mark so hoping to hear in the next month or so! Already done police and medical checks so nothing to do at this point. We can't move till July next year anyway so as long as we have it all sorted by the end of this year I will be happy!

I just had a phone all out of the blue from my CO, requesting some further info, you may have a CO working on your case and may not even need to contact you!

I hope so! I don't see any issues with our application, I am a PR on a RRV my eldest 2 children are Aussie citizens as they were born there with an Australian father. My husband and I have been together 11 years, have a 9 year old and been married for 7 years this year. I don't foresee any problems but until you get that confirmation it's just a killer waiting game!

Would be nice to know if we have a CO though just to know our application is being looked at!!

i think the end of Sept is well within reason, what are your plans once granted?

Ive got a job to quit and a house to sell, Mrs H is heading back (home) mid sept and I plan to follow by end of the year......all being well!!

We've got to sell our house too & hubs has to give 3 months work notice (but voluntary redundancy may be up for grabs shortly so weighing up just taking it!). We hope to get out end of this year/Jan ready for the school year start.