SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

100 visa granted today, what a relief. :jiggy: Application submitted 8/6/14 so 5 days short of 9 months. Good luck to all those that are still waiting...

Congrats Lucy. Am new to this forum but am watching closely as submitted my application the 12/6/2014 so getting excited about thoughts of it all being finalised!!!

Geez, new June applicants/lurkers now popping out of the woodwork! The list is now -

sarah187 03/03(?) AW submission date estimated

datstheone 05/06 JM

Rikkeskill 06/06 JM

drew1975 08/06 WP Granted 03/03

LucySt 08/06 KC granted 03/03

JonnoM 11/06 KP

Jkcotton 12/06 CO unknown

LouiseCT 16/06 WP

MrsW27 24/06 CO unknown

2 grants today ahead of schedule. Thanks CO's, we love ya :hug:

Edited by JonnoM

Unfortunately I found this forum only a month ago, it d help a lot while applying tho

Been monitoring the line recently, happy for all who been granted

I applied myself on 15 June 2014, emailed my CO in January to find out what's up, got a standart reply that it d take at least 8-9 month. Uffff fingers crossed! I m from the high risk country tho, don't know if it affect the processing time. All application was going smooth, medicals police checks in September 2014.

I could not wait anymore so I m in sydney already :))

My co is AW

Fingers crossed guys! Let's pray!!!! Hahah:wub:

Hello everyone, I discovered this website a couple of years ago occasionally reading threads etc. Have found this one particularly useful in the last couple of months soooooo I finally decided to join up and join in the discussion today! Here's my story:

My husband is Australian/British. I'm American. We have lived in England together since 2006. We have five children - ages 23, 20, 16, 12 and 6. Four from my previous marriage and one of our own. My first husband died in 2005. I remarried to my Aussie hubby in 2006. Our youngest child was born in 2008. Hubby adopted the other four children in 2009. Our Important Documents box has more passports/nationalities than James Bond and the 'should we move to your home in Australia or my home in America or stay in England or live on the moon' discussions have been going on since we met. Ugh.

A decision was finally made but not after a false start and a rise in the visa app fees. Used to be able to add the children to the app for free but since sometime in 2013, each child has an extra cost. My application has three of our children on it. Youngest is Australian and our eldest, as much as I am dying for her to come, is 23 and at the app time was happy living and working in London (that has since changed- *deep sigh*) so she was not added to the visa app.

We applied offshore in London on 27/06 - just scraping by before the 10-14 month update. Phew! JonnoM - our CO is VF (same as MrsW27).

We are well aware of the advice to not make 'irreversible' plans like quitting jobs and selling houses. However, that is exactly what we had to do. Taking a big risk I know but we prefer to call it a 'leap of faith' really. Hubby was working in Sydney for five months before we arrived on a 12 month tourist visa while waiting out the 309/100. Slightly complicated but because of school timings (one son's Uni and one son's GCSE's) and not prolonging the agony for the children who were very worried about leaving their friends, we opted to bring everyone out here. And, we simply couldn't live apart for a year (hubby was already in Sydney for 3 months before we applied + additional 8 to 9 month wait just too long for Dad to be away). This was very much a Now or Never decision both emotionally and financially.

Had to sell the house because with a family this big, there was really no other way than to use the proceeds from the sale for the expensive application, medicals X 4, flights, shipping - the cost has been eye-watering. We are required to leave Australia and go offshore (for at least 3 working days I think) for the actual processing to occur.

MY QUESTIONS: Does anyone know: If the visas take longer when there are children included on the application? How the process works for those of us who are waiting onshore but applied offshore, i.e; How much forewarning will we be given to organise flights to leave, will this delay our processing?

I'm thinking that if we are in the queue and processing like others on this thread, maybe we will be due a grant from around 20th March onwards. Surely if we need to be out of the country in the next 2 to 3 weeks, my CO will be contacting me this far in advance to buy plane tics? Getting a bit nervous here. We knew this bit would be tricky but it's awkward with the children's schooling. Our older son only just started a Uni course yesterday and doesn't want to miss his lectures - same for our Year 11 son who shouldn't miss either (not to mention the other two kids but I think they are less of a worry). Really hoping that by some miracle it might all process over the Easter holidays.

These on-line communities are a godsend. Very hard to communicate with and get answers from the powers that be but it is wonderful to connect with real people and read about their situations. This has been a long, hard road for us so far. ALOT more expensive than anticipated and we had some setbacks as well (UK shipping company Global Moving Systems stole ours and many other customers' money without shipping the goods so we had to pay another company £3,500 more to retrieve our belongings from their warehouse and have only just received our shipment a few weeks ago after a five month wait).

The 'life is on hold' feeling we all have is so unnerving. The unknown. The waiting. The emotional and financial toll. My visa terms don't allow me to work so that's been really hard as well. I am a singer, choir leader/conductor and freelance writer. I really miss working. It's better to be together in the same city though. In the long run, I am convinced that this move will make for a wonderful future for our family, but let me say that getting on the emigration train is Not. For. The. Faint-of-heart.

Good luck to everyone. I feel for you when hearing about all of your highs and lows. You have my utmost respect and good wishes.

Applied for 309/100 - 27/06/14

CO assigned - 'VF' - 18/07/14

Arrived in OZ on 12 month tourist visa - 17/09/14

Medicals done - 27/10/14

Police checks submitted- 04/02/15

Hello everyone, I discovered this website a couple of years ago occasionally reading threads etc. Have found this one particularly useful in the last couple of months soooooo I finally decided to join up and join in the discussion today! Here's my story:

My husband is Australian/British. I'm American. We have lived in England together since 2006. We have five children - ages 23, 20, 16, 12 and 6. Four from my previous marriage and one of our own. My first husband died in 2005. I remarried to my Aussie hubby in 2006. Our youngest child was born in 2008. Hubby adopted the other four children in 2009. Our Important Documents box has more passports/nationalities than James Bond and the 'should we move to your home in Australia or my home in America or stay in England or live on the moon' discussions have been going on since we met. Ugh.

A decision was finally made but not after a false start and a rise in the visa app fees. Used to be able to add the children to the app for free but since sometime in 2013, each child has an extra cost. My application has three of our children on it. Youngest is Australian and our eldest, as much as I am dying for her to come, is 23 and at the app time was happy living and working in London (that has since changed- *deep sigh*) so she was not added to the visa app.

We applied offshore in London on 27/06 - just scraping by before the 10-14 month update. Phew! JonnoM - our CO is VF (same as MrsW27).

We are well aware of the advice to not make 'irreversible' plans like quitting jobs and selling houses. However, that is exactly what we had to do. Taking a big risk I know but we prefer to call it a 'leap of faith' really. Hubby was working in Sydney for five months before we arrived on a 12 month tourist visa while waiting out the 309/100. Slightly complicated but because of school timings (one son's Uni and one son's GCSE's) and not prolonging the agony for the children who were very worried about leaving their friends, we opted to bring everyone out here. And, we simply couldn't live apart for a year (hubby was already in Sydney for 3 months before we applied + additional 8 to 9 month wait just too long for Dad to be away). This was very much a Now or Never decision both emotionally and financially.

Had to sell the house because with a family this big, there was really no other way than to use the proceeds from the sale for the expensive application, medicals X 4, flights, shipping - the cost has been eye-watering. We are required to leave Australia and go offshore (for at least 3 working days I think) for the actual processing to occur.

MY QUESTIONS: Does anyone know: If the visas take longer when there are children included on the application? How the process works for those of us who are waiting onshore but applied offshore, i.e; How much forewarning will we be given to organise flights to leave, will this delay our processing?

I'm thinking that if we are in the queue and processing like others on this thread, maybe we will be due a grant from around 20th March onwards. Surely if we need to be out of the country in the next 2 to 3 weeks, my CO will be contacting me this far in advance to buy plane tics? Getting a bit nervous here. We knew this bit would be tricky but it's awkward with the children's schooling. Our older son only just started a Uni course yesterday and doesn't want to miss his lectures - same for our Year 11 son who shouldn't miss either (not to mention the other two kids but I think they are less of a worry). Really hoping that by some miracle it might all process over the Easter holidays.

These on-line communities are a godsend. Very hard to communicate with and get answers from the powers that be but it is wonderful to connect with real people and read about their situations. This has been a long, hard road for us so far. ALOT more expensive than anticipated and we had some setbacks as well (UK shipping company Global Moving Systems stole ours and many other customers' money without shipping the goods so we had to pay another company £3,500 more to retrieve our belongings from their warehouse and have only just received our shipment a few weeks ago after a five month wait).

The 'life is on hold' feeling we all have is so unnerving. The unknown. The waiting. The emotional and financial toll. My visa terms don't allow me to work so that's been really hard as well. I am a singer, choir leader/conductor and freelance writer. I really miss working. It's better to be together in the same city though. In the long run, I am convinced that this move will make for a wonderful future for our family, but let me say that getting on the emigration train is Not. For. The. Faint-of-heart.

Good luck to everyone. I feel for you when hearing about all of your highs and lows. You have my utmost respect and good wishes.

Applied for 309/100 - 27/06/14

CO assigned - 'VF' - 18/07/14

Arrived in OZ on 12 month tourist visa - 17/09/14

Medicals done - 27/10/14

Police checks submitted- 04/02/15

Doesn't take any longer if you have children on the application, nor does it take longer f you are already in Australia :)

Geez, new June applicants/lurkers now popping out of the woodwork! The list is now -

datstheone 05/06 JM

Rikkeskill 06/06 JM

JonnoM 11/06 KP

LouiseCT 16/06 WP

MrsW27 24/06 CO unknown

Nope can't update my time line - submitted 20/6/14

Thanks Nemesis. I read somewhere that onshore applicants are notified when the CO is 'ready to make a decision' so the applicants need to make plans to leave the country. I'm wondering if that info will come within the same time frame as if I were offshore i.e; offshore applicants are informed on the day that the visa has been granted, onshore applicants are informed within the same 8 to 9 month timeframe but need time to make travel arrangements and be gone for the set time which will presumably take longer to then actually grant the visa. I thought they might give us a heads up a few weeks in advance which would be right now. Haven't heard a word so I guess they just wait until the day you would have had it granted as per your place in the queue and it is then not processed for a few more weeks while the travel is completed.

datstheone 05/06 JM

Rikkeskill 06/06 JM

JonnoM 11/06 KP

LouiseCT 16/06 WP

MrsW27 24/06 CO unknown

So good to hear june applicants are starting to be granted! Congrats to everyone who's got theirs recently :) hopefully there's more to come in the next couple of weeks! I can't wait to hear!! Good luck guys :) x

Thanks Nemesis. I read somewhere that onshore applicants are notified when the CO is 'ready to make a decision' so the applicants need to make plans to leave the country. I'm wondering if that info will come within the same time frame as if I were offshore i.e; offshore applicants are informed on the day that the visa has been granted, onshore applicants are informed within the same 8 to 9 month timeframe but need time to make travel arrangements and be gone for the set time which will presumably take longer to then actually grant the visa. I thought they might give us a heads up a few weeks in advance which would be right now. Haven't heard a word so I guess they just wait until the day you would have had it granted as per your place in the queue and it is then not processed for a few more weeks while the travel is completed.

They generally know in advance roughly what week it'll be granted - as you can see from the thread the times are consistent. So I'm sure they'll advise you a couple of weeks beforehand so you can tell themwhat your travel plans are. That's how it always worked with skilled visas.

They generally know in advance roughly what week it'll be granted - as you can see from the thread the times are consistent. So I'm sure they'll advise you a couple of weeks beforehand so you can tell themwhat your travel plans are. That's how it always worked with skilled visas.

That's what is so great about this thread!

No visa for me today! My co is part time and doesn't work Thursday/Friday. Hopefully it will be Monday. Datstheone did you hear anything today? I know we have the same co but your a day in front of me.

Booooooooo!!! :huh:

Hello everyone,

Newbie here!! I've been reading this post for a couple of weeks now and congrats to all those who have had their visa granted recently. I'm not gonna lie, i'm a little bit jealous.

Anyway could someone kindly tell me how to add my visa time frame to the bottom of my messages just like most people on here? I've searched it and looked around in my profile but can't find anything. It is a footer right? I'm sure it's really simple so please go easy on me!

Hello everyone,

Newbie here!! I've been reading this post for a couple of weeks now and congrats to all those who have had their visa granted recently. I'm not gonna lie, i'm a little bit jealous.

Anyway could someone kindly tell me how to add my visa time frame to the bottom of my messages just like most people on here? I've searched it and looked around in my profile but can't find anything. It is a footer right? I'm sure it's really simple so please go easy on me!

Welcome to the waiting room!

if you go into Settings (found at top right of page) and then look for the My Profile heading down the left hand column, there is a heading called Edit my signature. That is where you can enter all you details. Hope this helps. (By the way if you tick the 'Show your signiture' box when you post a message, your time line details will appear in every post).

Welcome to the waiting room!

if you go into Settings (found at top right of page) and then look for the My Profile heading down the left hand column, there is a heading called Edit my signature. That is where you can enter all you details. Hope this helps. (By the way if you tick the 'Show your signiture' box when you post a message, your time line details will appear in every post).

Thanks Pookie72, cheers for your help.

Rikkeskill, how did you find out that your CO is part-time? I have had very little contact with mine.

I have the same CO as Rikkeskill, unless there are two COs with same initials. On the original email about visa being lodged and her being appointed my CO there was a note saying that she is only in the office Monday to Wednesday.

No visa for me today! My co is part time and doesn't work Thursday/Friday. Hopefully it will be Monday. Datstheone did you hear anything today? I know we have the same co but your a day in front of me.

No, nothing for me either.

With recent grant times, a part-time CO and the fact that February was a short month I wasn't really expecting to get it this week. Given that some people who lodged after us were granted on Tuesday I now feel rather disappointed that mine didn't come through. Mixture of feeling happy for them and upset that they got their grants before I did!

If I don't hear anything on Monday I will send a reply to an earlier email along the lines that I am seeing later grants, believed that visas were granted in order and wondering if there is any issue with mine that is causing it to be delayed etc.

If I get a grant next week I think that will still give me time to go with my plan to leave at Easter, several things make that the perfect time to leave including the friend buying my car being able to pick it up from Brighton and all of my sister's family being at home for Easter.

Having resigned myself to waiting until next week I have just received my grant email! 9 months. And straight to a 100. (Though unlike some others I have only got the one email granting the 100, not 309 and then 100.) Didn't come from my CO, so perhaps other members of staff can work through ready to go grants even if CO not in office.

One other strange thing about the grant is that I have until 15 December to enter the country when my medical and police check were done in September, doesn't even match up with getting an e-visitor visa at beginning of December last year. Not an issue to me as I hope to be entering in a month.

Really happy to get the 100 as we only got married in July having spent more and more time together in both UK and Australia since we met 6 years ago, but without merging our lives completely. For example, I handled all the sterling spending and my wife the Australian dollar spending, with spreadsheets keeping track of things! Wasn't sure whether that would tick the right boxes.

Now to get things moving and rejoin my wife in our new home.

Good luck to all of those of you still waiting.

Edited by datstheone
Typo