SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

By the end of my 3 months it'll be nearing the 10+ month mark from my application date. When I first applied they quoted 8-9 months for the visa process.

Last time I was here on a 3 month visa was back in 2010, so I think I should be fine for another one right?

Have you not got an email address for your CO to ask the situation? They say they dont give them out anymore but mine slipped up and emailed me off hers rather than the generic one so she was easily contactable :wink: I found mine very helpful as I had a obscure situation and she was always happy to help.

Have you not got an email address for your CO to ask the situation? They say they dont give them out anymore but mine slipped up and emailed me off hers rather than the generic one so she was easily contactable :wink: I found mine very helpful as I had a obscure situation and she was always happy to help.

The only emails I've had from my CO are the initial one and another email saying that he was satisfied I was in a relationship and to move on to the health and character requirements, which I have done and uploaded.

Looking at them the only contact is this: Email: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/europe

I've phoned up the immigration number a few times in the past but all they say is that I have to leave Australia when they make a decision if I'm there. I'm hoping that by no response asking for anything else that its the 'no news is good news' kind of situation.

I wonder how I can contact my CO directly to ask/inform him on the current situation? :huh:

The only emails I've had from my CO are the initial one and another email saying that he was satisfied I was in a relationship and to move on to the health and character requirements, which I have done and uploaded.

Looking at them the only contact is this: Email: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/europe

I've phoned up the immigration number a few times in the past but all they say is that I have to leave Australia when they make a decision if I'm there. I'm hoping that by no response asking for anything else that its the 'no news is good news' kind of situation.

I wonder how I can contact my CO directly to ask/inform him on the current situation? :huh:

Do people normally get an email to say the CO is satisfied that you are in a genuine relationship? I am just wondering as the only email I have received is to say it has been submitted and I needed to give some further information, but that is it. So far it has been 7 months with no other correspondance.

Hi All, my hubby (English) has just applied for his spousal visa, on the 17th March! I've been in the UK (am Aussie) for almost 10 years, we've been married a year but in a defect relationship for 9 years, so am really looking forward to getting back to Oz! Our 4 month old son has finally been granted Aussie citizenship too, so it's all coming together!!

We applied online, have uploaded loads of documents, have his medical booked in for 31st March and completed his police check request online today. Just wondering what the next step is? Do we receive an email from a CO at some point asking for more info or letting us know the application is ok? what are the current time lines?

Any advice/info/waiting tips would be most welcome!

Thanks!!!

Hi All, my hubby (English) has just applied for his spousal visa, on the 17th March! I've been in the UK (am Aussie) for almost 10 years, we've been married a year but in a defect relationship for 9 years, so am really looking forward to getting back to Oz! Our 4 month old son has finally been granted Aussie citizenship too, so it's all coming together!!

We applied online, have uploaded loads of documents, have his medical booked in for 31st March and completed his police check request online today. Just wondering what the next step is? Do we receive an email from a CO at some point asking for more info or letting us know the application is ok? what are the current time lines?

Any advice/info/waiting tips would be most welcome!

Thanks!!!

Hi Melibos, current processing times are 10-14 months, you will get a letter from your CO introducing themselves and telling you what the waiting time is. They also advise you when to book your medical and police checks, mine is 6 months after I applied as the medical and police checks are only valid for 12 months. Unless they want more info, the CO is unlikely to contact you after initial introduction. I never received any indication from my CO if my application was ok. Then you just sit it out and wait! Hope this helps.

Might be better to hang fire on the medical Melibios until you hear from your CO. Like you say it's a lot of money to pay out twice. As I understand it the medical is valid for 12 months and it needs to be valid when you enter Australia to validate the visa. From what I've read on here, the "must validate visa before...." time given on grant of the visa is based on 12 months from when you had your med/police checks done.

Might be better to hang fire on the medical Melibios until you hear from your CO. Like you say it's a lot of money to pay out twice. As I understand it the medical is valid for 12 months and it needs to be valid when you enter Australia to validate the visa. From what I've read on here, the "must validate visa before...." time given on grant of the visa is based on 12 months from when you had your med/police checks done.

my must enter before date is the date I had my police check. My medical was 3 month earlier. I really expected my must enter before date to be the anniversary of my medical.

my must enter before date is the date I had my police check. My medical was 3 month earlier. I really expected my must enter before date to be the anniversary of my medical.

You were fortunate. COs have discretion to extend entry dates by a few months and yours chose to exercise that discretion but they could equally have chosen not to do so.

My must enter by date is 3 months after both my medical and police check! I suspect CO typed December when they meant September as that would have matched date of medical. Everything else on grant is correct so I didn't bother to query this as I am flying out on Easter Sunday anyway.

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I submitted my Prospective Marriage 300 visa online on 22nd December 2014, with all of the paperwork and medicals etc submitted over the next few weeks. I received the automatic letter stating my application was received, but I've heard nothing at all since the first day.

I've no idea about whether we have a CO assigned. Is this very unusual? Other seem to have a case worker assigned within a short time frame. I've just emailed them asking.

Thanks

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I submitted my Prospective Marriage 300 visa online on 22nd December 2014, with all of the paperwork and medicals etc submitted over the next few weeks. I received the automatic letter stating my application was received, but I've heard nothing at all since the first day.

I've no idea about whether we have a CO assigned. Is this very unusual? Other seem to have a case worker assigned within a short time frame. I've just emailed them asking.

Thanks

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

It's not at all unusual to not hear from a CO if you've submitted everything required and have good relationship evidence. For some visas, they go to grant without the applicant ever hearing from a CO. In your case however, if you've applied from the UK, Partner and PM visa processing times are currently 10-14 months so your medicals and PCCs may expire before your visa is ready to be granted and in that case, you'll probably get a request to have them done again.

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

It's not at all unusual to not hear from a CO if you've submitted everything required and have good relationship evidence. For some visas, they go to grant without the applicant ever hearing from a CO. In your case however, if you've applied from the UK, Partner and PM visa processing times are currently 10-14 months so your medicals and PCCs may expire before your visa is ready to be granted and in that case, you'll probably get a request to have them done again.

Cheers. Yes, our paperwork was very thorough and I think our evidence was strong - and also they don't need much for the PMV anyway.

It'll be hard to wait a year with no news and no update, but at least it's been suggested now that there's probably nothing wrong. I mean, I have a wedding to organise, and how am I suppose to do that with no idea when things are going to happen?

From reading this forum, it seems the 10 - 14 months is quite accurate, although the letter I received did say 9-12 months - can anyone shed light on this?

Arghhhh. No news for me. Was really hoping for yesterday. Now have to wait the weekend again. What about you Whitey287? We are both 27th June. 8 months 3 weeks and counting...

Hi Lisa and family, I see you went to Oz on a tourist visa - we're gonna have to do the same with my hubby as my maternity leave finishes before the 10-14 month time line, did you have any trouble going across on it? Did u let your CO know? Did u have any issues at passport control getting in? Final question, when u finally get notice u r visa is ready for approval, are you heading to nz? Sorry for all the questions!! :-)

Hi Lisa and family, I see you went to Oz on a tourist visa - we're gonna have to do the same with my hubby as my maternity leave finishes before the 10-14 month time line, did you have any trouble going across on it? Did u let your CO know? Did u have any issues at passport control getting in? Final question, when u finally get notice u r visa is ready for approval, are you heading to nz? Sorry for all the questions!! :-)

Hi Melibos,

I know you weren't asking me but thought I'd try to help.

My fiance came here on a tourist visa while waiting for a PMV, we let the CO know just in case and they responded saying thanks but wasn't a big deal. He received the tourist visa fine and got through easily.

We have the 10-14 month wait too. 7 months down so far.

Cheers. Yes, our paperwork was very thorough and I think our evidence was strong - and also they don't need much for the PMV anyway.

It'll be hard to wait a year with no news and no update, but at least it's been suggested now that there's probably nothing wrong. I mean, I have a wedding to organise, and how am I suppose to do that with no idea when things are going to happen?

From reading this forum, it seems the 10 - 14 months is quite accurate, although the letter I received did say 9-12 months - can anyone shed light on this?

Your letter said 9-12 months and you applied in december yes? So does that mean they've dropped it back to 9-12 months? great news if they have! I applied end of july just after they raised it to 10-14 months, but at the moment grants are being made at around 9 months, and I cant see why they would suddenly jump to 10 months.

Your letter said 9-12 months and you applied in december yes? So does that mean they've dropped it back to 9-12 months? great news if they have! I applied end of july just after they raised it to 10-14 months, but at the moment grants are being made at around 9 months, and I cant see why they would suddenly jump to 10 months.

I applied in December 14 and was told to expect the grant in December 15

No problems at all. We have been very open about it from the start but to be honest the visitor visa goes thru your immi account anyway so they are very aware of your whereabouts and visa status. However you MUST treat it as a visitor visa and not a bridging visa which is only available when applying onshore. I am not allowed to work for example. Children are only allowed to attend school for 13 weeks but the NSW Temporary Residence programme waived that for us quite unexpectedly. Kids would have been bored out of their minds otherwise. We are hoping to get the notice any day (any minute, any second - am I counting here?) now. Seems like the best option is going to NZ. I think we have to be out of the country for 3 business days but have had no confirmation from my CO on this. Have only read this on the forums. I am finding the communication side of this rather difficult. I have had a grand total of about 3 emails from my CO in 9 months. She is not contactable other than sending an email via the immi account and asking them to forward it on which I did almost a month ago and have not had a reply. Just. So. Ready. To. Be. Done. Fingers crossed that this is my week. 8 months 24 days and counting...