SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I have mine this Monday at Manchester. Was due on the 19th but I also have the day off so decided to go for it .

Don't think a few days will make much of a difference either way

Cheers, think I will do the same! Did you let your CO know you've booked it?

Good luck with the med.

Is it my imagination, or are 300's taking longer than 309/100's? Not sure which one Jkcotton is waiting for, but JonnoM you're on the waiting list for a 300. I hope I'm wrong........I really don't want to wait the full 14 months........

I am waiting for 309/ 100. Currently in Oz as have 2 kids under 3 years old so didn't want them to be away from husband. I really do think it is just that JonnoM and I have the same case officer and he is on leave at the minute. Am hoping beyond hope it comes through next week so that I can leave country for 3 days with the baby but have parents here to help look after the 2 year old. Fingers crossed!!!

Hi there,

we we ended up submitting paper application in October 2014 and got an email with acknowledgment within 2 weeks, providing details for what to do ... Ie. Arrange medical for partner after 29/04/2015. We then had a whole chunk of our original documents returned at some point in November and we haven't heard anything since! :)

think it really is just a waiting game after that!

Good luck with your application.

Hi lollipop1804,

You're roughly the same as me...

Application lodged on 6th October 2014, medical/police check on 17th April, not heard anything from really. I'm trying to be patient, but it's hard!

When and where are you looking at going?

Throwing this question out into the arena - how far in advance did people book their medicals for the date provided by their CO?

And did anyone book their medical slightly earlier than was requested? I've been told after 15 May, but I actually have that day off work and was thinking to book it for then. Otherwise I will have to wait a week to have my medical and I don't want to delay the process anymore than necessary. Does anyone think it makes a difference to your grant time if you delay the medical slightly later than asked? (Obviously your medical date affects your visa validation date).

Ta.

I was told I could book my medical from 16 th April. Booked it at the end of Feb, for 17th April in Manchester. Xx

I am waiting for 309/ 100. Currently in Oz as have 2 kids under 3 years old so didn't want them to be away from husband. I really do think it is just that JonnoM and I have the same case officer and he is on leave at the minute. Am hoping beyond hope it comes through next week so that I can leave country for 3 days with the baby but have parents here to help look after the 2 year old. Fingers crossed!!!

We are the same as you. Been hanging out in Sydney because we couldn't handle being away from Daddy. Hope we both get our news this week. Are you planning a quick trip to NZ? Where are you in Oz?

My fiance applied on 12th August 2014 and completed medicals as asked mid February.

As everyone is getting theirs at 9 months currently and we applied a little after it hit 10-14 months, I'm hoping we get it around the 10 month mark.

Waiting is killing me!

I applied at the same time, got a CO on the 14th August. I am also hoping for the 10 month mark...fingers crossed!

I got a phone call from my CO asking me to confirm our planned wedding date (14-Nov-2015), followed by the grant email about 5 minutes later.

It has been a long wait (9 months and 6 days) but at long last, I can make definite plans for flights, shipping of possessions, farewell visits, closing down my UK life etc

Australia here I come :cool:

Edited by JonnoM

I got a phone call from my CO asking me to confirm our planned wedding date (11-Nov-2015), followed by the grant email about 5 minutes later.

It has been a long wait (9 months and 6 days) but at long last, I can make definite plans for flights, shipping of possessions, farewell visits, closing down my UK life etc

That's great news JonnoM, wish you the best in your new life down under! P.s. keep posting, any info on living down under will be greatly appreciated!

I got a phone call from my CO asking me to confirm our planned wedding date (14-Nov-2015), followed by the grant email about 5 minutes later.

Yaaay! 'Bout time. MrsW27 was right then. Best of luck. Manly is gorgeous!!

Hey guys I'm new to this forum, just wanted to ask a quick question. Hopefully you all can help!

I'm currently in Australia spending time with my partner on a tourist visa. I initially applied for the visa outside of Australia. I was told that I would have to leave Australia in order for the visa to be granted.

Does anyone know how long do I need to be outside of Australia in terms of the decision time? I don't fancy flying all the way back to the UK if it means I can spend a little time in New Zealand and do some sight seeing for a week lets say before flying back to Australia to live.

Fingers crossed to everyone here to get their visa soon! :smile:

Hey guys I'm new to this forum, just wanted to ask a quick question. Hopefully you all can help!

I'm currently in Australia spending time with my partner on a tourist visa. I initially applied for the visa outside of Australia. I was told that I would have to leave Australia in order for the visa to be granted.

Does anyone know how long do I need to be outside of Australia in terms of the decision time? I don't fancy flying all the way back to the UK if it means I can spend a little time in New Zealand and do some sight seeing for a week lets say before flying back to Australia to live.

Fingers crossed to everyone here to get their visa soon! :smile:

Well it depends how long ago you applied for the VISA when I applied it was 8-9 months for a 300 visa but I believe that has increased substantially since then. I believe a tourist visa only last 3 months and theres no guarantees you will keep on getting accepted as a tourist if you need a few to tide you over. Of course you would have to leave the country every three months anyway.

Looking at your timeline, and assuming that your application was front loaded, I think thats a safe assumption.

All the best and keep us posted. With each application that is approved it helps us "guestimate" turn around times.

Steve

sorry if i am a bit dim but what exactly does it mean if your application was front loaded,thanks

Well it depends how long ago you applied for the VISA when I applied it was 8-9 months for a 300 visa but I believe that has increased substantially since then. I believe a tourist visa only last 3 months and theres no guarantees you will keep on getting accepted as a tourist if you need a few to tide you over. Of course you would have to leave the country every three months anyway.

By the end of my 3 months it'll be nearing the 10+ month mark from my application date. When I first applied they quoted 8-9 months for the visa process.

Last time I was here on a 3 month visa was back in 2010, so I think I should be fine for another one right?