SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I was actually about to post something on here about the Evisitor visa as my partner may need to get one before we go :-) then I saw your message and you basically answered my question for me. Can I just quickly ask anyone who has gotten the Evisitor visa as to how long it usually takes once you apply?

I've received my evisitor gran notification within 1 hour . That was last year. Agent for my PMV applied on my behalf this time and it was roughly 2 days. It is really quick as long as it's a straightforward application.

I was actually about to post something on here about the Evisitor visa as my partner may need to get one before we go :-) then I saw your message and you basically answered my question for me. Can I just quickly ask anyone who has gotten the Evisitor visa as to how long it usually takes once you apply?

I've had 2 evisitors in the last couple of years, they needed more info from me for my first one as I had just finished my WHV and they wanted an explanation of why I was going back so soon so I had to send an letter and evidence of funds so it took about 10 days. I got caught out as I had a flight booked which I had to pay a load to change so do it with enough time. The second was this year, which I got in a day or so, and they asked me no questions(although I have done WHV, student, and tourist already and I thought they would).

Also if you applied offshore he will need to be offshore when it's granted, so a hop over to NZ would be easiest. I carried copies of my communication with CO and all that jazz so that IF they asked me questions I could show them I had no intention of overstaying my tourist visa. I read up a lot on this and it seemed this was the main concern. That, and funds, so had bank statements and copies of hubby's work contract. Didn't need any of it in the end but it's good to be ready!

Also if you applied offshore he will need to be offshore when it's granted, so a hop over to NZ would be easiest. I carried copies of my communication with CO and all that jazz so that IF they asked me questions I could show them I had no intention of overstaying my tourist visa. I read up a lot on this and it seemed this was the main concern. That, and funds, so had bank statements and copies of hubby's work contract. Didn't need any of it in the end but it's good to be ready!

Thanks for all the help :-) was aware of having to be out of the country when they grant the visa. That's alright, we'll get to enjoy a few days in NZ, have never been before so will be nice! I'll be taking a folder of everything with us on the plane just in case he gets questioned about anything haha can't be too prepared!

I've received my evisitor gran notification within 1 hour . That was last year. Agent for my PMV applied on my behalf this time and it was roughly 2 days. It is really quick as long as it's a straightforward application.

Thanks for the help :-)

My 10 months is up on the 19th July and we are currently throwing around the idea of emailing our CO on that day to give hime a nudge.

Any advice on what we should put in the email?

Hi just a little confused I sent an email to DP on monday via the link in first email and have used before when was asked to provide extra info but had a different automated message this time

___________________________________________________________________*** This automated message is confirmation we have received your email***

This mailbox is for providing DOCUMENTS ONLY.

***PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BELOW***

This is new and not what I had before and have no response either (previous emails had response with in 24 hours) so dont know if he got email or not...

If you do send an email please let me know if you get a response..... thanks

Edited by Jen NT

Hi just a little confused I sent an email to DP on monday via the link in first email and have used before when was asked to provide extra info but had a different automated message this time

___________________________________________________________________*** This automated message is confirmation we have received your email***

This mailbox is for providing DOCUMENTS ONLY.

***PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BELOW***

This is new and not what I had before and have no response either (previous emails had response with in 24 hours) so dont know if he got email or not...

If you do send an email please let me know if you get a response..... thanks

Jen, I did the same two days ago and got a very quick response from my CO with the information I required. I have no idea why they have that auto response up considering some people have to have speak to their CO directly.

I contacted my CO to ask if an upcoming trip would qualify for me being out of the country for 3 working days as I am currently in Aus on an eVisitor, She simply responded with telling me I had 30 days to hand in the final evidence (my Aus police check)... am I looking into this too much by thinking that she is wanting to grant this sooner rather than later? Wishful thinking, I reckon but you never know.

Jen, I did the same two days ago and got a very quick response from my CO with the information I required. I have no idea why they have that auto response up considering some people have to have speak to their CO directly.

Because it confirms that they have got the documents you sent. A simple auto-respinse like that means that people know their email has been recieved, and it saves COs spending time writing personal acknowledgments.

What many people fail to realise is that every single CO has to recird every single contact with an applicant on that applicants file. And they are all dealing with many files. So every moment taken responding to an email or phone call takes valubale time that could be spent on processing files!

Having an automatic response like that can save an awful lot of work. If the Co then needs to make contact they can, but if someone is just providing documents it saves the CO from extra work.

Because it confirms that they have got the documents you sent. A simple auto-respinse like that means that people know their email has been recieved, and it saves COs spending time writing personal acknowledgments.

What many people fail to realise is that every single CO has to recird every single contact with an applicant on that applicants file. And they are all dealing with many files. So every moment taken responding to an email or phone call takes valubale time that could be spent on processing files!

Having an automatic response like that can save an awful lot of work. If the Co then needs to make contact they can, but if someone is just providing documents it saves the CO from extra work.

It's not an email address just for sending in documents though.

My CO told me to email that address if needed to get in touch. So when I left the UK I emailed him saying I had left. I then got the auto message above, saying it was for docs only and specifically "Any visa and citizenship enquiries sent to this mailbox will not be actioned" so you can see why people get confused!

The day after I got that auto email, I got an email back from my CO.

It's not an email address just for sending in documents though.

My CO told me to email that address if needed to get in touch. So when I left the UK I emailed him saying I had left. I then got the auto message above, saying it was for docs only and specifically "Any visa and citizenship enquiries sent to this mailbox will not be actioned" so you can see why people get confused!

The day after I got that auto email, I got an email back from my CO.

Thank you Im glad you guys understood what I was on about and you have put my mind to rest as I was not sending any documents, Just info.

Oh just a quick question.... My hubby has just renewed his aussie passport as he is my sponsor do I need to let my CO know? I have only found out info if I change my passport but nothing about the sponsors... maybe looking in wrong place...

How long does it take to get a CO? I've hit the four week mark and still haven't got one! Starting to panic, the only saving grace is that no-one else has added CO's to pookie72's list yet that applied similar time.
I applied on 19th June so a week behind u, still no co for me either. I'm using an agent & he said normally 2/4 weeks!!! But I'm thinking if there was an influx of applicants getting in before the price increase we may be waiting longer for co to be allocated. Don't think I'll be stressing over it, application in..... money taken from bank so we're in the system!! Lol.... Sit back and enjoy the sun ??? Edited by Jen44

We applied December 27th but from New Zealand he's English I'm Aussie didn't get a CO until June we were worried about not having one for so long. Ended up fine and visa approved yesterday so just over 6 months for the whole process for us.

6 months, you lucky bugger!

We applied December 27th but from New Zealand he's English I'm Aussie didn't get a CO until June we were worried about not having one for so long. Ended up fine and visa approved yesterday so just over 6 months for the whole process for us.

Thats amazing getting your visa so quick. What visa did you apply for ??

Hi, has anyone else received their visa approval? ( maybe from the London office)? I'm almost at the 8 month waiting mark and I'm already getting really impatient and checking this forum more times than I care to admit! I heard on here that immi may have granted a batch of visas following the 1st July so I was hoping to read some good news on here! If you have got your visas please share on here and give the rest of us some hope....waiting is seriously a killer!!! Helps a bit to see others in similar situation :)

Hi, has anyone else received their visa approval? ( maybe from the London office)? I'm almost at the 8 month waiting mark and I'm already getting really impatient and checking this forum more times than I care to admit! I heard on here that immi may have granted a batch of visas following the 1st July so I was hoping to read some good news on here! If you have got your visas please share on here and give the rest of us some hope....waiting is seriously a killer!!! Helps a bit to see others in similar situation :)

Hi Mrsguvs

We too were hoping for a batch of visa grants on the 1st July but it wasn't to be for people on this thread it seems.

As soon as we hear, which will hopefully be in a week I will be telling everyone I know, and even those I don't know.

No I mean it doesn't make sense to say it's for documents only...

Do you know whether the visa was processed in the London office? I too am English but applied in Malaysia, but mine has been sent to the London office for processing.

you are lucky! 6 Months is great! do you have any special cuircumstances or anything that may have led to the early grant?