SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi Everyone! I am an Aussie who's lived in the UK for 15 years or so, and we have just applied for a partner visa (07/06/15) for my hubby and 2 x kiddies.Thank goodness for this forum, as it is helping us get an idea of what to expect! its also great to have support from people in the same boat! I will be following in earnest and look forward to sharing our dates/experiences etc. :laugh:

The email I got from the agent said I have a CO from there sister company in Aussie , that is all I know, I thought was weird getting one before payment taken,they have taken there payment for doing it, and all info they need goes through the the agent I don't hear from immi CO ,only my agent CO when she needs anything .

Sounds like all you have is a contact at an agency, not an actual CO at DIBP.

Hi everyone, applied for my 309/100 visa (paper vision), had my medical last week, where do I look/ring up to find out if I passed, kind regards

Hi Hardsuction

When I did my medical they told me they would only contact me if there was an issue, so i guess if you've not heard anything thats good news.

Hey guys, can anyone that's already applied for visa please give me some info. I've been told when u make the payment that it has to b by card and that there is a surcharge for doing so even if it's a debit card! Is this true? Normally when u use a debit card u don't get charge only if using a credit card. Just need to be clear on this. Many thanks :)

Hey guys, can anyone that's already applied for visa please give me some info. I've been told when u make the payment that it has to b by card and that there is a surcharge for doing so even if it's a debit card! Is this true? Normally when u use a debit card u don't get charge only if using a credit card. Just need to be clear on this. Many thanks :)

i was informed that they dont take debit cards in the Uk, so i used a pre paid credit card and had to pay the extra.

What tourist visa did you get? Can you fly to New Zealand and return to Australia after a few days if you want too?

Just a standard eVisitor (subclass 651, free via Immi). Valid for a year and you can enter Aus multiple times and stay for up to 3 months, so fine to have a trip to NZ then return, as long as your total stay in Aus doesn't exceed the 3 months.

i was informed that they dont take debit cards in the Uk, so i used a pre paid credit card and had to pay the extra.

We paid by UK debit card, although the invoice still stated 'credit card surcharge'. Was around 1% of the fee.

I have just paid online with a visa debit there is a $50 surcharge added immediately and then a percentage charge which I think was 1% for visa and 2.5% for MasterCard there is a drop down box listing cards and percentages. I don't know If the bank will charge for Currency exchange as well. Needs Must!

Edited by Fairview70

Uploaded my Police Certificate last night - everything is finally done! Just have to wait now. Funnily enough, I got a call from my CO yesterday afternoon doing a check up on where I was at (he's OH, seems really nice and friendly) so I took the chance to double check a few things. He said I'm OK to apply for a Tourist Visa, although obviously have to be out of Aus to get my PR granted, and as I have dates of when I'll be arriving in Aus to give him a shout when I'm about to go as he may be able to assist in getting my visa granted in time so I won't have to leave the country a week after I get there or something silly like that. Not bad! So yeah, just the wait now...

Uploaded my Police Certificate last night - everything is finally done! Just have to wait now. Funnily enough, I got a call from my CO yesterday afternoon doing a check up on where I was at (he's OH, seems really nice and friendly) so I took the chance to double check a few things. He said I'm OK to apply for a Tourist Visa, although obviously have to be out of Aus to get my PR granted, and as I have dates of when I'll be arriving in Aus to give him a shout when I'm about to go as he may be able to assist in getting my visa granted in time so I won't have to leave the country a week after I get there or something silly like that. Not bad! So yeah, just the wait now...

Sounds good. My CO said same to me as flight is booked for 14/10/15, hoping he can swing it just before i fly. Would save a lot of hassle.

I have OH too - he seems to be the only CO that likes to communicate by phone!

Just to let anyone know that might need to get an Australian National Police Certificate. I applied for mine on the 11th June and it arrived in the post today. I believe it said on the website it could take 25 days but I got mine in 1 week. That's the last thing I've to get for my PMV. That's me exactly 7 months today, hopefully not much longer.

Hi everyone.

I have decided to take a chance and book my flights to Australia on the 16th December.I am hoping that due to the recent grant coming in around the nine month mark that my visa will be approved around November. The reason for this is my work contract finishes in December and my partner would like to be home for Christmas with her family. Also there was a bargain flight to Bali with a week hotel stay then on to Sydney for the same price of a direct flight.

My stats are:

Visa applied for 309\100 hoping for straight to 100

Applied 18-02-2015

Co assigned 10-03-2015 (vf)

Medical & police check 04-03-2015, early but didn't know I had to wait

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi everyone.

I have decided to take a chance and book my flights to Australia on the 16th December.I am hoping that due to the recent grant coming in around the nine month mark that my visa will be approved around November. The reason for this is my work contract finishes in December and my partner would like to be home for Christmas with her family. Also there was a bargain flight to Bali with a week hotel stay then on to Sydney for the same price of a direct flight.

My stats are:

Visa applied for 309\100 hoping for straight to 100

Applied 18-02-2015

Co assigned 10-03-2015 (vf)

Medical & police check 04-03-2015, early but didn't know I had to wait

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks

That is out on a limb. And I really hope it works out for you. Are you going on an visitor visa if the PMV is not complete?

I also have VF and applied a few weeks after you. Have you had any indication from the CO that you could get a grant by then? I'm discussing a job at the moment and any indication would be a good guide for me.