SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Nemesis have you heard about people having their visa declined? My relationship is genuine & we have nothing to hide but It is a worry when yr life is in someone else's hands!

Nope.

Oly ones I've heard about are from high risk countries where the marriages are believed to have been frauulent - there were some in the news in Aus recently, Sydney I think.

If you're in a genuine relationship, the worst thats likely to happen is that you might get asked for more info, but even that seems very rare.

Nope.

Oly ones I've heard about are from high risk countries where the marriages are believed to have been frauulent - there were some in the news in Aus recently, Sydney I think.

If you're in a genuine relationship, the worst thats likely to happen is that you might get asked for more info, but even that seems very rare.

That's what I thought but good to hear, thanks for info

That's what I thought but good to hear, thanks for info ?

Hi Jen44,

I too was worried about our application. In a committed relationship with my Aussie partner for 6 years but only moved in together 14 months before I sent my application. I was worried that we wouldn't have enough evidence to submit as my name only appeared on few household bills etc. But our agent sorted everything and said that she wouldn't submit our application until she was 99% positive it would be approved. We are almost 8 months in now, medicals and police check submitted and I still feel a little pang of worry although I know everything is legitimate and we'll under way. Good luck.

Just the way to start the week. VISA GRANTED. 9 months 28 days. Case officer: VF. Got the 309 visa, although we qualify for the provisional 100 visa as we have been living together for over 3 years now, they said because date of application was before, we got the 309.

But who cares, WE GOT IT, only means we have to wait another year and 2 months. Whoop whoop. So happy.

To all those waiting, good luck and although the wait is long, its worth it in the end. :)

Hi Nemesis,

Just the standard 9 - 12 months no mention of case workers being assigned. Just wondered what the average time was until one was assigned.

Unless things have changed recently the info was sent out by the CO and they used to gve their contact details. Maybe someone else who has applied more recently than me can tell you if things have changed.

If the initial contact no longer comes from the CO you probably won't hear fron them unti they want something. That doesn't mean you don't have a CO, just that they don't need anything more from you yet.

Thanks Nemisis

Yeah a standard auto generated letter with no contact details for a CO sow ill wait and wait some more !

And so you should wait, the rest of us are too, ha ha. I'm probably the least patient person and this requires a lot of it and I'm struggling too :wink:

Seriously though, I got the auto email instantly, and I had to wait six weeks before a CO got in touch. There were no contact details except for the generic email inbox and the CO only stated their first name. They asked for one more document, I got a date for meds and PCC and that was it.

I'm more relaxed about it now though.... now that I know how they operate. They are a very understaffed team so I'm happy to let them get on with it now.

Good of luck with your application. Keep us posted on your progress.

Edited by CameronsDad

Thanks Camerons Dad

I applied on 28 Feb and have not had anything through (apart from the automated email) about a CO and you already have yours ??? Starting to panic now as I have not heard anything about med's or PCC's and I applied a month before you :-) IS it worth an email ?

Edited by michaelwowzer
spelling

I did email them through the website and the CO contacted me the same day I got a reply from the general office. But I'm not sure if it was connected.

I understand your position though.

I I must say that I have found them to be very courteous and professional.

Just the way to start the week. VISA GRANTED. 9 months 28 days. Case officer: VF. Got the 309 visa, although we qualify for the provisional 100 visa as we have been living together for over 3 years now, they said because date of application was before, we got the 309.

But who cares, WE GOT IT, only means we have to wait another year and 2 months. Whoop whoop. So happy.

To all those waiting, good luck and although the wait is long, its worth it in the end. :)

Congratulations!! Hopefully not long for us now then :)

Hi there.

I've seen some other responses but just to let you know my experience: visa submitted online 24th July 2014, auto email received the same day confirming receipt. Email from the CO received 31st July 2014 containing 4 attachments: 1. Intro letter from the CO confirming who she was, that she would be our CO, and dept contact details, 2. an FAQ, 3. a copy of their Client Charter (basically like their privacy policy etc.), and finally 4. confirmation that no further documents were required but that I should book my medical and police check for on or after 24th Jan 2015 (ie 6 months).

The emails from the CO came from a 'Family Migration London' email address, so a different one to the auto generated emails. Hope this helps & good luck :)

So you must be almost there then bcml? Quick question...... Do u get a list of places where u must have yr medical done and can u tell me what they do and cost please, was told £200/300 is that about right? Many thanks :)

Edited by Jen44

So you must be almost there then bcml? Quick question...... Do u get a list of places where u must have yr medical done and can u tell me what they do and cost please, was told £200/300 is that about right? Many thanks :)

It was granted today Jen :) The list of places for the medical is on the Immi website, just search for 'Immigration Panel Physicians', select UK, then select your region. When my time arrived I simply called the one nearest to me to make an appointment, and they link into your Immi account to so it's really quite straightforward :) Cost was £290.