SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Wooohooooo!! Our Visa has been granted. Off to NZ tomorrow for 3 days to activate it. So excited finally we have it. So excited!!!

congrats on your visa - I can't wait to have same peace of mind!! We are thinking of waiting out our visa in Oz as well , can I ask how long did DIAC give you to go offshore to validate your visa? Cheers!

Thank you @Gayle1976 - yes, we still have the house to sell so until that goes, we are stuck here but hopefully we will get a buyer soon xx

Ill keep fingers crossed for you - what part of UK are you in? Seems some parts are quicker than others for house sales. God we can't wait for our visa - up to about 5 more months! Praying for one of those miracle quick visas - have to pray a lot me think! Are you still moving to Perth? We are miss it heaps.

Ill keep fingers crossed for you - what part of UK are you in? Seems some parts are quicker than others for house sales. God we can't wait for our visa - up to about 5 more months! Praying for one of those miracle quick visas - have to pray a lot me think! Are you still moving to Perth? We are miss it heaps.

Still Perth bound for sure. We live in the North West and sales up here are quite slow tbh but hopefully, now the visa has been granted, karma has shifted a bit :wink:. Definitely pray as everyday I was making dua for the visa grant. Not that it actually sped things up lol

congrats on your visa - I can't wait to have same peace of mind!! We are thinking of waiting out our visa in Oz as well , can I ask how long did DIAC give you to go offshore to validate your visa? Cheers!

Thank you Moving to Australia, it is a HUGE relief. We have 3 small children, moving without income and a valid visa has been stressful. Congratulations on your Visa

Lozza, we asked our CO for an update and she said our visa would be approved. She advised us that our visa would be approved and if we can give her dates when we could be out of the country. I recommend you contact your CO around the 8 month mark. Good luck with your visa. I remember feeling it would never happen and now it's here.

Good luck everyone.

Good Afternoon All

Just joined the long wait for a Visa and wanted to come onto the forum (have been reading it for a while) in the hope that people can share their experiences and hopefully if there are any tips pass them on.

Submitted my 309/100 application on 12th May and the next 9 months seem like a long time to wait but at least countdown is on. My wife is Australian and we have lived together for over 6 years now so hopefully have enough time and documentation to make the process smooth. We are both in the UK and counting down the days until can move to OZ

Just an update from my side... We emailed our CO today requesting for an update (applied 9th Oct, so nearly 8 months) and received the 'out of office' reply :mad:

Thankfully he's on holiday only for a week and will resume work on the 10th... that'll be the full 8 months for us! So hoping that our grant comes through once he is back from his short break :yes:

Just an update from my side... We emailed our CO today requesting for an update (applied 9th Oct, so nearly 8 months) and received the 'out of office' reply :mad:

Thankfully he's on holiday only for a week and will resume work on the 10th... that'll be the full 8 months for us! So hoping that our grant comes through once he is back from his short break :yes:

Im also with DP and applied a week after you. I emailed him a few weeks back as I may go to oz end of this month and he told me he will be approving mine early July so best to wait to save some money on airfares so yours should be before then, hopefully in the next couple of weeks!

Im also with DP and applied a week after you. I emailed him a few weeks back as I may go to oz end of this month and he told me he will be approving mine early July so best to wait to save some money on airfares so yours should be before then, hopefully in the next couple of weeks!

Thanks Owliswise :-) I am planning to move to Oz end of July; so I think the timing should be okay. Fingers crossed for both of us! :hug:

Thanks Owliswise :-) I am planning to move to Oz end of July; so I think the timing should be okay. Fingers crossed for both of us! :hug:

Hi @dia2499 & @owliswise, we've got DP too, and he has pretty much told me the same thing too. Our flights are booked for the 17th July, and he said to contact him the first week of July and he will see if he can grant us then.

Just counting the days left of work now...

Hi @dia2499 & @owliswise, we've got DP too, and he has pretty much told me the same thing too. Our flights are booked for the 17th July, and he said to contact him the first week of July and he will see if he can grant us then.

Just counting the days left of work now...

Now that's very interesting - we've got DP too and applied same time as you.

I seem to be the only one that hasn't bothered to contact their CO :P We're just waiting it out and will maybe send a quick note beginning/middle of July if we haven't heard anything by then.

We are planning on flying out middle of September.

Now that's very interesting - we've got DP too and applied same time as you.

I seem to be the only one that hasn't bothered to contact their CO :P We're just waiting it out and will maybe send a quick note beginning/middle of July if we haven't heard anything by then.

We are planning on flying out middle of September.

I too never contacted my CO once (it was not DP but I don't think that makes any difference). As you can see from the timeline I received my visa in 8 months which is about average. I work on the basis that, if anything, hassling them will slow down the process overall while they are responding to such requests. Some may think that it helps push their application along quicker (which by definition will slow someone else's). I will be interested to hear how you get on as I know of nobody else who has never contacted the CO.

I've not contacted my CO, only when sending forms in etc and to ask if medicals had been received, I've got KC and she is really quick to respond when I've emailed her,

We are now at the 7month mark as I submitted my application in November with KC allocated a few days later.

All I know is my application has been passed to the senior migration officer and that I can travel to OZ but I'd need to leave OZ when my visa comes through to activate it.

Guest AmesManchester

Losing my mind here.. We are now at 9 months 4 days. Have emailled our CO (VF) who was apparently back off holidays yesterday with no reply. Husband trying to call her and just getting voicemails. Call centre is no help. Does anyone have any advice. I think we are reasonable to accept some type of explanation to why it's now taken so long..???

Guest AmesManchester

Does anyone have contact details for a senior immigration officer? Surely if we can't get a hold of our CO after 3 weeks we need to contact someone else??

Does anyone have contact details for a senior immigration officer? Surely if we can't get a hold of our CO after 3 weeks we need to contact someone else??

@AmesManchester I can understand your frustration but there's no need for you to need to contact your CO unless your circumstances have changed, in which case an email can suffice. Please remember that the 8-9 month processing time is a guideline only and generally speaking most visas will be granted in that time but it can also take up to 12 months or longer. I can imagine you feel pretty disheartened right now, but try not to worry too much :hug:

hi hi sorry to hear about the delay , think most people would feel the same way in your shoes. Not sure what else you could possibly do to get a response. Keep us updated on your progress , good luck!

Guest AmesManchester
Visa granted!!! 8months and 3weeks. Cannot believe it!

Big Congrats.. at 9 months 4 days i'm hoping we'll find out any moment.

Did you get an email??