SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Yep its confusing and messy. We are planning on coming back around jan 2015 to tidy loose ends up so im thinking if we leave here sept and say visa granted November the the return trip to uk and then back to perth around march should be ok to validate visa ? Medical snd police check was done in May so wed be under the 12 months?

That's a plan actually since you're planning to leave Australia and come back to the UK anyway and as long as you validate the visa before the medical/PCC runs out (whichever comes first) then it'll be okay. The CO will give a date anyway when they grant but it's possible that they may grant before you go if they have notice of your intention. Did the medical go smoothly for you?

That's a plan actually since you're planning to leave Australia and come back to the UK anyway and as long as you validate the visa before the medical/PCC runs out (whichever comes first) then it'll be okay. The CO will give a date anyway when they grant but it's possible that they may grant before you go if they have notice of your intention. Did the medical go smoothly for you?

Yes medical was fine i think Dr was great she said all good as long as blood test and xray are ok - cant see a problem fingers crossed! Be nice if they let us know if all clear.

Hi. First time user. Aussie in UK. Partner submitted for partner visa on the 12th April. We are using the new ImmiAccount (so payment taken same day of submission!) Have completed police checks and medical in the last month (as the ImmiAccount seemed to suggest we should) and scanned and uploaded heaps of documents! Not heard anything yet about getting a case officer.

I get the sense from some of the threads that some people are still using paper submissions. Has anyone used the ImmiAccount and had their application progress? Is it the same process as the paper based one - am I to expect roughly the same time scales in terms of CO assignment, grant etc. ?

Hi. First time user. Aussie in UK. Partner submitted for partner visa on the 12th April. We are using the new ImmiAccount (so payment taken same day of submission!) Have completed police checks and medical in the last month (as the ImmiAccount seemed to suggest we should) and scanned and uploaded heaps of documents! Not heard anything yet about getting a case officer.

I get the sense from some of the threads that some people are still using paper submissions. Has anyone used the ImmiAccount and had their application progress? Is it the same process as the paper based one - am I to expect roughly the same time scales in terms of CO assignment, grant etc. ?

Welcome to the Forum.

AFAIK it is the same process just electronic, not paper based. The only problem that you might encounter is that you may not have much time from grant to validate the visa as they need to be validated before the PCC and medical checks run out, whichever was first. Currently, the processing time is at least 8-9 months but can be up to a year. It's just a waiting game right now but it seems to be taking about 5-6 weeks to be allocated a CO.

Edited by MovingtoTasmania

Cheers for the quick reply. Not too concerned about validating - want to be in oz for the start of the next academic year anyway. Am hoping our app will be closer to the 8-9 month mark as we have a strong case (lived together for 5 years, 2 year old son - and I made sure his citizenship was sorted just after he was born!)... Hope that all counts for something!

Since your son has citizenship, I'm assuming that the only applicant is yourself? If that is so, if the visa isn't granted before February next year, then you could apply for a Tourist Visa and go over. Of course, you won't have work rights and you will have to leave the country for 3 working days when your 309/100 is granted but that is a possibility for you.

The reason that I mentioned the grant and validation is because, since you have already done the PCC and medical, if for some reason, there is a delay in processing (and the processing times are all only guidelines), you may end up with a week or less to actually book a flight and validate. Generally speaking, the CO asks for the PCC and medical to be done around 3 months or so after the application has been received. This seems to be so that there is about 3-4 months after grant for people to sort their affairs out and get over there to either validate or move permanently.

An update for you all but primarily aimed at @partychick and @AmesManchester.

I emailed my husband's CO today, did some trivial typical English chitchat about the weather then asked how things were progressing and did they have any better idea of a firm date for the grant.

The response was that she will be contacting us again anytime next week - of course, she didn't say if it would be granted or refused but she did add have a nice weekend, so it was certainly friendlier in tone than previous emails.

We haven't really emailed that much as we are aware of how busy she must be and not able to constantly reply to emails and also we haven't wanted to pester her.

I will of course update the thread again as soon as I have news, one way or t'other xx

We're at 8 months 22 days.. Our CO is not back until 2 June, so by that time it will be 9 months. My husband is about to lose it.. so sick of waiting. We haven't dared book flights like everyone seems to have on this forum.. It's too unpredictable waiting time!!

I really hope they haven't capped them for this financial year. I don't think I can wait until July to see him!

well at least its another other 6 weeks I don't have to shave my legs! :)

I've been told that the checks should be done after the 20th August. So quite a while yet.

Hey Romansmyth, glad you've finally heard from a C/O. We've been waiting for 5 weeks now... And still nothing. Hopefully, get allocated one soon! I just had a quick question about the checks. Did they say not to supply them before 20th of August or not to start the process of getting them until then?

Guest soopheh

Hi all, hope someone can help with my querie. Application is in, CO allocated, health/character check dates given. My partner and I are considering spending some time travelling whilst we wait for the visa grant. I understand that I cannot do the health and character checks before the date given, but would it hinder or slow anything down if I don't do them right away after that date? I'm not expecting anything to be referred etc. I'll get them done asap after the date if it will benefit me, but if we are traveling it would be more practical do to it at a later date, plus give me more time to validate the visa at the end of the whole process - we're not really in a rush to arrive in Aus.

Looking forward to your input, thanks!

Hey Romansmyth, glad you've finally heard from a C/O. We've been waiting for 5 weeks now... And still nothing. Hopefully, get allocated one soon! I just had a quick question about the checks. Did they say not to supply them before 20th of August or not to start the process of getting them until then?

Hi Jess,

They said not to get them done until after the 20th Aug.

This is the direct quote " we ask that you obtain the following health and character checks after 20 August 2014".

It did talk around 7 weeks to get my CO, so I'm sure your will be soon. (My CO is R.N). They asked for additional info in the letter (about my wife's citizenship) but we replied with that straight away and they seemed happy with that!

Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress. I find it really reassuring to have contact with people in the same boat as me.

Ronan

Hi all, hope someone can help with my querie. Application is in, CO allocated, health/character check dates given. My partner and I are considering spending some time travelling whilst we wait for the visa grant. I understand that I cannot do the health and character checks before the date given, but would it hinder or slow anything down if I don't do them right away after that date? I'm not expecting anything to be referred etc. I'll get them done asap after the date if it will benefit me, but if we are traveling it would be more practical do to it at a later date, plus give me more time to validate the visa at the end of the whole process - we're not really in a rush to arrive in Aus.

Looking forward to your input, thanks!

Hi Soopheh

I don't think it will slow anything down in terms of getting your visa grant before the 12 months, but it might slow things down in terms of the 8-9 months timeline. Since you're not in a rush, then you should do things as they suit you, at times that suit you. The date for the health/police check is a guideline to let you know that you can submit them after that date, not before. Go on holiday or travel and submit them when you get back.

So we emailed our CO (LG) last Thursday (22nd May, 2014) to see if there was any further progress with our application. She politely emailed back saying it would be end of May - end of June before anything would be processed but as soon as there was any developments she would let us know. We hadn't been in any contact with our CO previously, only to let them know that we had sent the further information they required and that we had sent away my partners' police checks and medical, which was back in February. And as if by magic at 1.23PM this afternoon (28th May, 2014) our visa was GRANTED!!!!!!!!!!! To say we are over the moon would be an understatement. Our payment was taken on the 30th of September so we're just short 2 days of the 8 month mark. Also, we applied for the 309 but said that if we met the requirements could we be considered for the 100... And we got the 100!!!!!! All of our hard work, emotional goodbyes and hellos and endless skypes have seemed to have paid off! And for those of you waiting.. It won't be long! Stay strong and remember it'll all be worth it in the end!!!!

Must be time for Mr MtT's visa lottery number to be drawn surely? Have you pestered them again lately?...

An update for you all but primarily aimed at @partychick and @AmesManchester.

I emailed my husband's CO today, did some trivial typical English chitchat about the weather then asked how things were progressing and did they have any better idea of a firm date for the grant.

The response was that she will be contacting us again anytime next week - of course, she didn't say if it would be granted or refused but she did add have a nice weekend, so it was certainly friendlier in tone than previous emails.

We haven't really emailed that much as we are aware of how busy she must be and not able to constantly reply to emails and also we haven't wanted to pester her.

I will of course update the thread again as soon as I have news, one way or t'other xx

I have just heard from my visa agent. The Case Officer emailed yesterday requesting a new notice of intent to marry. The original had 15 May as the planned wedding date.

We are now at 8 months 2 weeks and 2 days.. surely they cant request anything else.

Fingers crossed the next email is the grant!

I have just heard from my visa agent. The Case Officer emailed yesterday requesting a new notice of intent to marry. The original had 15 May as the planned wedding date.

We are now at 8 months 2 weeks and 2 days.. surely they cant request anything else.

Fingers crossed the next email is the grant!

Is this a PMV you've applied for?

Reading some people's experiences of having their PMV granted between 7-8 months got my hopes up but now with you posting your update I will look to see when yours in granted as mine should be a month after.

Does sound like your visa should come through any day now. I really hope it does for you. All the best