SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Whoop whoop, insert happy dance here, visa granted today!!! 8 months and 1 day after applying 19th June. I emailed CO to ask how it was going, where we were in the pile, etc. and got the grant in their reply, couldn't quite believe it!

So bizlarker, I don't see that it could hurt for you to do the same, best of luck to you!

Congratulations!!

I think you'll still find cheap flights if it's granted. You can have a bit of time to book and plan, it's not like you have to go off shore the next day or anything.

If you want to email your CO, nothing to stop you. I don't think I disturbed them past month four and they granted without any contact from me later on.

When exactly is your time frame up?

Thanks. 11th March. Still time!

just a thought - but you can through some airlines book flights where they permit you a certain number of changes - so if you book them for a time and it has not been granted (give the notice period they require) you could transfer them to another date!

Thank you, I'll investigate that.

Thank you, I'll investigate that.

Have a look at STA Travel for your flights. They offer a package where you are able to change dates!

I have always used them for my flights although never had to change dates apart from on my whv as i went for a yr i had to push my return date back by a month and sta sorted everything for me.

Fingers crossed you wont be long now!

Have a look at STA Travel for your flights. They offer a package where you are able to change dates!

I have always used them for my flights although never had to change dates apart from on my whv as i went for a yr i had to push my return date back by a month and sta sorted everything for me.

Fingers crossed you wont be long now!

Thank you, good tip. Will take a look. Cheers

Hello, My Partner and I sent off his application for the Partner 309/100 Visa. It was confirmed to have been received and assigned a CO 10/2/2014 after a call to the London High Commission today. They told us that we should expect to hear anything until they need the medical/police check. I have applied for and been granted 3 UK Partner VISAs ( the 1st and 2 extensions) and we always recieved correspondance from the UKBA while it was being processed. Im a bit nervous as our hopes are set and with the cost of the application we cant afford this to fail. we completed the forms ourselves, no agency. Can anyone give me any advice to help me through the next 6+ months (according to the official processing times on immi.gov.au) What should I expect?

Hello, My Partner and I sent off his application for the Partner 309/100 Visa. It was confirmed to have been received and assigned a CO 10/2/2014 after a call to the London High Commission today. They told us that we should expect to hear anything until they need the medical/police check. I have applied for and been granted 3 UK Partner VISAs ( the 1st and 2 extensions) and we always recieved correspondance from the UKBA while it was being processed. Im a bit nervous as our hopes are set and with the cost of the application we cant afford this to fail. we completed the forms ourselves, no agency. Can anyone give me any advice to help me through the next 6+ months (according to the official processing times on immi.gov.au) What should I expect?

Hello and Welcome to the Thread. You can expect an email in due course, about 4-6 weeks after your payment has been taken and this will include information about who your CO is, the current processing times (at least 9 months right now) and the HAP number for your partner's medical. You will be advised of when the CO wants you to take the medical (it will tell you in the email to take it after a certain date) and this is also the same time that you need to apply for the Police checks through ACRO. After that, if no further information is required, you are playing a waiting game as you will only be contacted if/when the CO requires something from you or when it's time for the CO to grant the visa. Hope this helps x

Hello :)

I'd not compare the process to the UK one as they are totally different things. Don't expect to hear anything till the time they've told you. If you email chances are you won't get a reply or just a standard 'You will be contacted in due course'.

The time given on the website is wrong. It is currently running around 9 months and may even go out longer than that for more recent applications.

You'll hear from your CO when they are wanting you to take your medical and send off for your police check. They'll give you a HAP number for your medical and a list of places you can go to for them. You can only book a month ahead iirc when you get your number.

That will be pretty much it. If they need anything further from you they will let you know and give you plenty of time to provide it.

Just sit tight :)

Quick questions. . . . anyone waited more than 3 weeks for a CO to be allocated?

(I know, be patient but that word seems to be missing from my vocabulary at the moment!)

We are planning on heading to Brisbane while waiting for grant as fed up waiting for house to sell here. Has anyone applied for a tourist visa while waiting for the

partner visa grant?

Thanks peeps! :smile:

Quick questions. . . . anyone waited more than 3 weeks for a CO to be allocated?

(I know, be patient but that word seems to be missing from my vocabulary at the moment!)

We are planning on heading to Brisbane while waiting for grant as fed up waiting for house to sell here. Has anyone applied for a tourist visa while waiting for the

partner visa grant?

We waited nearly two months for a CO and were told not to get a medical before 19th march as they are only valid for one year. It's taking 9 months to get the 309/100 at the moment

Hi just getting last bits of paperwork ready for my girlfriends visa app do we get the meds and police check now or wait to be asked by the CO

Gary

Since its taking so long for the visas now, I'd wait else you could find yourself buying flights a t the eleventh to activate your girlfriends visa

partner visa grant?

It has taken some people a month or more to be allocated a CO. Don't worry overly. If your application is in, money taken, the visa clock is ticking :)

Plenty of people go over to Aus on a tourist visa while waiting for grant. Be aware though that you will need to do your medical around 3 months in and police check then also. And that the processing time does seen to be increasing. Some longer term tourist visas are not meant to be used to wait out a partner visa grant (I recall this has come up before). So you could find yourself having to go offshore a couple of times to keep within the tourist visa rules. Plus go offshore for grant.

You must inform your CO if you intend to travel to Aus. And ensure they have contact details for you there.

Also consider the financial implications of being on a tourist visa longer term. And just throwing it out there as for me another key thing is the possible boredom aspect if you cannot work for many months (and perhaps don't have kids to chase round). Being on holiday is fun for a bit, but months can get rather long if you are not keeping busy as you are used to. It's surprising what not working for extended periods can do to a mindset if you are used to being in work.

Hi just getting last bits of paperwork ready for my girlfriends visa app do we get the meds and police check now or wait to be asked by the CO

Gary

Wait till asked by CO for them both.

Usually about 3 months in. You need a HAP Number anyway for medical and CO gives you that.

Hi Micman,

What visa have you applied for? Ive reached the 6 months mark, patient is the frustrating word.. One which we have all had to get use to. I put my house up for sale a few weeks ago, hoping it all comes together in the next few months. As I know the earliest the visa will come is end of April. My concern is selling my house. So good to see im not the only one waiting for that to happen.

Me patient it will all come together..

partner visa grant?

It has taken some people a month or more to be allocated a CO. Don't worry overly. If your application is in, money taken, the visa clock is ticking :)

Plenty of people go over to Aus on a tourist visa while waiting for grant. Be aware though that you will need to do your medical around 3 months in and police check then also. And that the processing time does seen to be increasing. Some longer term tourist visas are not meant to be used to wait out a partner visa grant (I recall this has come up before). So you could find yourself having to go offshore a couple of times to keep within the tourist visa rules. Plus go offshore for grant.

You must inform your CO if you intend to travel to Aus. And ensure they have contact details for you there.

Also consider the financial implications of being on a tourist visa longer term. And just throwing it out there as for me another key thing is the possible boredom aspect if you cannot work for many months (and perhaps don't have kids to chase round). Being on holiday is fun for a bit, but months can get rather long if you are not keeping busy as you are used to. It's surprising what not working for extended periods can do to a mindset if you are used to being in work.

Thanks for your reply Snifter, I quite like the idea of being a "kept man" while waiting for the visa grant! :biggrin:

We are quite fortunate in having our own business in the UK that involves travelling to clients locations including the Asia Pacific region so we will continue to keep the UK company going

and travel to Jakarta, Singapore etc as and when. I'm guessing that will help with the leaving and re-entering stage until the PR is granted.

We plan on moving to the Gold Coast this year so medical was done last week and police certificate received at the same time.

Just don't want to sit here and tick off the days when we can be house hunting and doing all the other things that need doing.

As for chasing the kids around. . . . still doing that and they're in their 20s!!!!:wink: