SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Depends on the airline. I asked Qantas for FIL when he migrated to NZ and the 'migrant' fare was £1000 more! Was told it would be cheaper to buy excess baggage.

Saw on here recently that Singapore Airlines automatically give the unvalidated visa holder extra 10kgs, plus they have upped their economy allowance to 30kgs!

Hi guys

congrats to everyone granted recently.

just a quick question do you know if you are entitled to extra baggage allowance on flights as emigrating?

Good news, when did you apply? My application was received mid June 2013 and I fly to oz 5th of feb, hopin it comes through before then, Savin goin over seas to nz

Andy

I'm a 23rd of May applicant, so I'm a week shy of 8 months, they're pretty much sticking to that. But they give you time to sort out getting abroad / overseas (as the Aussies say), as long as you tell them within 28 days and are back by your initial entry date.

Remember to tell your CO that you'll be in Australia.

Depends on the airline. I asked Qantas for FIL when he migrated to NZ and the 'migrant' fare was £1000 more! Was told it would be cheaper to buy excess baggage.

Saw on here recently that Singapore Airlines automatically give the unvalidated visa holder extra 10kgs, plus they have upped their economy allowance to 30kgs!

Does anyone know the policy on taking electrical items, like a PS3, my OH is having withdrawal symptoms and wants me to bring it back with me :)

Does anyone know the policy on taking electrical items, like a PS3, my OH is having withdrawal symptoms and wants me to bring it back with me :)

Check the airline website or post a new thread in Flights/Holidays perhaps and ask there as more chance of being seen by a wider audience who may know the answer :) This thread doesn't really get read by the masses ;)

Great to see lots of people being granted on here it's nice to read all the success stories. It's getting on for almost 4 months for us now and we still haven't been assigned a case officer!

Great to see lots of people being granted on here it's nice to read all the success stories. It's getting on for almost 4 months for us now and we still haven't been assigned a case officer!

It may work differently if you applied from a country that is not the UK. I know people posting from some countries outside of Europe seem to wait months before getting a CO or hearing anything and then it all seems to happen quickly nearer the end of their wait time. Someone I know who applied from Thailand had similar and didn't hear anything till a few months in and then visa grant happened for them within 6 weeks of this. Might be similar for you.

Hi everyone, just looking for a bit of reassurance. My visa application was received on 11th Dec, we know from checking bank balance that payment was taken the same day. However, we did not receive a receipt. We have since received our paper statement, had thought there might be a receipt number linked with the transaction-no such luck. Is this the norm? Is there no way of tracking your application until a CO is assigned? Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone, just looking for a bit of reassurance. My visa application was received on 11th Dec, we know from checking bank balance that payment was taken the same day. However, we did not receive a receipt. We have since received our paper statement, had thought there might be a receipt number linked with the transaction-no such luck. Is this the norm? Is there no way of tracking your application until a CO is assigned? Thanks in advance!

You will eventually get a reciept. Ours came through with supporting documents that our CO returned to us.

Hi guys.

I booked through China Eastern Airlines includes 2 pcs luggage plus £100 for an extra case.

Flight only costs £495 so just a bit of a bargin!!!

Hi FroginOz,

I was advised that we shouldn't apply with police check already completed. Had you been advised differently of just decided to do? Also, was that the UK police check or Oz?

Hi aussiejo84,

No, I wasn't. I just thought as my husband/sponsor had to supply an ACRO and an AFP upfront due to him being stepdad of my son emigrating with us and it being a requirement for Child protection laws on both sides, I may as well have mine done too!

Eeek, I hope it will not be detrimental to the application! Having said that, if I have to do the ACRO police check again, that's fine, it only took about 10 days. I haven't been asked to do an Australian police check, as I haven't lived there yet, only visited as a tourist.

Thanks for making me aware of this, I'll look into it

where are you guys looking to move to FroginOz? we are looking at sydney

Well, it depends where my husband can find the best job offer really. He's from Adelaide, but we're thinking probably Sydney or Melbourne. He's going to go ahead on his own in September while I take the kids to my parents in France for a couple of months, till he's found us somewhere to live! ;-)

Has anyone had any good news? Are you offshore newbie121?

Hi guys,

just for update , my agent called my CO last week to tell her that i'd like to be in oz by the end the month and he nicely asked her if she could speed up the process to grant my visa ( i applied on the 6th of june London) . First answer was simply a no , so i applied for a tourist visa.

At the end of the week , i sent my flight itinerary , she said to call her few days before i fly and she will try to grant it before i arrive in oz.

So im just hoping she'll grant it before i get there to avoid expensive trip to bali or fiji...

Hi guys,

just for update , my agent called my CO last week to tell her that i'd like to be in oz by the end the month and he nicely asked her if she could speed up the process to grant my visa ( i applied on the 6th of june London) . First answer was simply a no , so i applied for a tourist visa.

At the end of the week , i sent my flight itinerary , she said to call her few days before i fly and she will try to grant it before i arrive in oz.

So im just hoping she'll grant it before i get there to avoid expensive trip to bali or fiji...

ooh, that's nice of her! Hope it all works out!