SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

yes, you need to tell them of any address change. we changed our address during this process and i just emailed my CO to tell them.

xx

Excellent, I will happily do that...would love for some good news back but probably wishful thinking!

Edited by lucyh88

Yaaaay awesome news!!! Same CO as me too, vey exciting! Seems like getting in contact with them almost acts as a reminder or something...

Does anyone know - we're moving back in with my parents for a few weeks prior to flying to australia, do we need to tell CO this address?

Hi Lucy!

Not long now hun u wont be long! Did u book ur flights already?

Get in touch with her by giving ur new address.

Ive never hasseled her. She has always been polite with emails.

When i sent my copy of new passport today i simply asked her to confirm she had all documents needed otherwise i will immediately get anything else sent over. She simply emailed back thank u and she has everything needed.

When got that email didnt think my grant would be there 2 hours later!!!!!

I was so excitedly scared to open it haha mixed emotions but i sat staring at it before opening and yes i cried lol in my office at work!

Ive never asked her for dates etc. But i submitted only few days before u so wont be long!

Keep in touch x

OMG!!!!!!!

Recieved my passport yesterday as had to change my surname from maiden name!

Sent off a copy via email to my CO and she has now given me my grant!!!!!!!

I want to scream and tell everyone but the hubby (in oz) is in bed and not answering his phone grrr!!! Lol i want to tell him before friends n family!!!

Our application took 7 months and 1 day!

And i got the 100 with indefinate leave!!!!

This is amazing! ! Congratulations! :-) soooo happy to finaly see a May applicant getting a grant! Well done woop woop xx

Hi Lucy!

Not long now hun u wont be long! Did u book ur flights already?

Get in touch with her by giving ur new address.

Ive never hasseled her. She has always been polite with emails.

When i sent my copy of new passport today i simply asked her to confirm she had all documents needed otherwise i will immediately get anything else sent over. She simply emailed back thank u and she has everything needed.

When got that email didnt think my grant would be there 2 hours later!!!!!

I was so excitedly scared to open it haha mixed emotions but i sat staring at it before opening and yes i cried lol in my office at work!

Ive never asked her for dates etc. But i submitted only few days before u so wont be long!

Keep in touch x

Hey Laura,

Yeah my flights are booked, for 18th of jan, so still plenty of time for a grant to come through but of course it would be lovely to have it early and know it's there! Haven't spoken to her in six months so will let her know when we move.

Very pleased for you, great to hear of a May grant. That is really weird you got it so quickly after, would have been such a surprise! When do you fly out to aus? Exciting, hope it all goes well for you :)

Congrats to you gannon, I am so happy for you, but at the same time a bit jealous as we are starting the long process in the next couple of months.

I was wondering if everyone could help me with out. When it comes to the personal stat dec what do people actually put in theirs? I have so documents and forums I at a bit of a loss. Can anyone help me please.

Thanks for that BritChick that was really helpful.

If there is any more advise then I would really appreciate the input.

Just write what works for you. Some people write bullet pointed A4, some write handwritten 10 pages, others type up a few pages of A4. Its your story of your relationship, covering all the points they ask. How you support each other, financially, emotionally etc, how you share household stuff, how you met, how your relationship developed. Just tell the truth, if you are putting dates in, make sure they tally with the statement your OH is writing.

Yaaaay awesome news!!! Same CO as me too, very exciting! Seems like getting in contact with them almost acts as a reminder or something...

Does anyone know - we're moving back in with my parents for a few weeks prior to flying to australia, do we need to tell CO this address?

Yes it seems like a friendly nudge seems to remind them about you or something!

I've been scared to contact my C.O though as they put not to enquire about processing times. Just don't want to annoy them and for them to me me at the bottom of their pile eeeek! even if my enquiry is valid.

I've not herd anything from her in 5 months so I'm just hoping everything is ticking over nicely.

But it's definitely nice to know May are getting grants now so It could be any day! but then again it could be another tow months ahhhhhhh

Yes it seems like a friendly nudge seems to remind them about you or something!

I've been scared to contact my C.O though as they put not to enquire about processing times. Just don't want to annoy them and for them to me me at the bottom of their pile eeeek! even if my enquiry is valid.

I've not herd anything from her in 5 months so I'm just hoping everything is ticking over nicely.

But it's definitely nice to know May are getting grants now so It could be any day! but then again it could be another tow months ahhhhhhh

Haha yeah I've not dared either definitely don't want to annoy her! I'm sure it's a case of no news is good news though. Great to see a may grant, it really could be any day now which is very exciting!! Would love it to be before Christmas!

Haha yeah I've not dared either definitely don't want to annoy her! I'm sure it's a case of no news is good news though. Great to see a may grant, it really could be any day now which is very exciting!! Would love it to be before Christmas!

I keep saying...all i want for Christmas is a visa grant haha

but either way it will be new year and a great way to start 2014!

Has anybody here applied from Auckland in New Zealand? We have a predicted 12 month processing time. Wish that we had applied in London instead now, seems to go through quicker there

Hi guys, I contacted by CO to update details and she replied thanking me and advised my visa would be approved the week before I travel to australia in jan which will be roughly 8 months. Very happy with the news as I hadn't asked for a date, relief to know I won't have to go offshore!

Hi guys, I contacted by CO to update details and she replied thanking me and advised my visa would be approved the week before I travel to australia in jan which will be roughly 8 months. Very happy with the news as I hadn't asked for a date, relief to know I won't have to go offshore!

that is fantastic! i wasn't given a date at all:( will call or email in January to ask (meaning: hassle) (8 month mark) if no grant until then... my flight is also booked for Jan ..i applied a few days before you!

best of luck! :cute:

Oooh sounds good hun but u never know! Ill keep my fingers crossed for a nice xmas prezzie for u!!! Either way ur get it!

Where did you guys say you were looking to move to?? X

Congrats to you gannon, I am so happy for you, but at the same time a bit jealous as we are starting the long process in the next couple of months.

I was wondering if everyone could help me with out. When it comes to the personal stat dec what do people actually put in theirs? I have so documents and forums I at a bit of a loss. Can anyone help me please.

Hi bigboy01. When I first started the process, I found this website extremely helpful: http://teamoyeniyi.com/2011/05/17/applying-for-a-partner-visa/

Her whole section on Partner/Spouse Visa applications is very insightful. Helped me massively, and I even sent the 888 link to my friends and family to help them writing their Stat Decs.

Hope that helps!

That's awesome news!!! I plucked up the courage to make contact as well. She told me the the timing of the grant will still be the 8-9 months and advised me to follow up with a WHV in the mean time if i need to start work. She also told me that she had assessed me for the subclass 100 which I am really happy about!!! Wish she had emailed me that info ages ago. It's hard when you go months without hearing anything and you have loads of questions. I'm glad I contacted her wish id done it sooner to put my mind at rest!!!

Now hurry up new year...we're on the last stretch now!

Hi bigboy01. When I first started the process, I found this website extremely helpful: http://teamoyeniyi.com/2011/05/17/applying-for-a-partner-visa/

Her whole section on Partner/Spouse Visa applications is very insightful. Helped me massively, and I even sent the 888 link to my friends and family to help them writing their Stat Decs.

Hope that helps!

That's a really good link...wish id seen this when applying! Like the title 'love versus Goliath' it definitely feels like that

http://truefunny.com/funny-picture/7541/your-plans-vs-the-universe---s-plans-for-you-

This picture sums up my visa journey...I'm sure some of you can relate!

Audre - I'd definitely go for a little 'reminder' you're due to fly out in January. I am sure you will get it by then, they seem pretty nice at granting just before people go, especially when you've planned for the full time. Good luck to you too!

Laura - Thanks!! Yes I'm just happy enough to have the relief that we'll get it before we go. Off to Brisbane, was it Sydney for you?

Newbie - That's great news! I think I'd just sit tight and enjoy the sun a bit more unless you really need to start work! So close now :) and love that pic haha

OMG!!!!!!!

Recieved my passport yesterday as had to change my surname from maiden name!

Sent off a copy via email to my CO and she has now given me my grant!!!!!!!

I want to scream and tell everyone but the hubby (in oz) is in bed and not answering his phone grrr!!! Lol i want to tell him before friends n family!!!

Our application took 7 months and 1 day!

And i got the 100 with indefinate leave!!!!

Congrats LGannon! I am a May applicant with the same timescales as Cheeseplease so hope we are very soon, just want it for Christmas!

Been looking at this thread for a long time now and being an April applicant I decided to call my co yesterday for a wee chat. I let her know our travel plans and she told me that she was trying to grant all April applicants before Xmas, which was good enough for me as we don't leave until feb. I checked my email 1/2 hour later and BOOM. My grant !!

so all they need is a wee nudge is correct. Call your co if you've been waiting over 7 months . Keep the faith , it will happen

Been looking at this thread for a long time now and being an April applicant I decided to call my co yesterday for a wee chat. I let her know our travel plans and she told me that she was trying to grant all April applicants before Xmas, which was good enough for me as we don't leave until feb. I checked my email 1/2 hour later and BOOM. My grant !!

so all they need is a wee nudge is correct. Call your co if you've been waiting over 7 months . Keep the faith , it will happen

Yeeeeeay Congratulations!!! awesome awesome news. I'm a may applicant and hoping for a January grant!!!!

Who is your CO?

Keeping the faith :)