SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Congrats Anna. Good job on calling AB. What was he like on the phone? :D

Thanks everyone! :D

AB was soooo lovely. First apologised for not answering because he was at lunch. I was thanking him for getting back so fast and with all the info I wanted and he was saying not a problem, didn't seem like he minded. However I have to stress that's the second contact I've ever made with him and never by phone until now. I guess it's not speeded the process up by pestering but it was worth it for peace of mind (or sanity!). I would say a phone call after 5 months and some days for a sanity check worth it. Now to find out if my hubby's got a job for sure and start date so we know which way and how long we have to get to Oz, exciting times!

I'll be keeping posted on this thread to see how the other AB applicants get on now... Good luck and hope you don't need to wait as long.

Guest jimmyciara121

looks like a busy phone call day for AB. We have just spoken to him and have confirmed that we will get ours in the next few weeks (by the 6 month mark). We applied 27th feb, but i think ours might take longer because we arnt married and have been together only 2.5 years. Good luck to everyone and hope you get yours soon.

Has anyone just started applying for their Spouse visa???

I am just going through my application getting my paperwork organised so i am all prepared.

Me and my husband (who is australian) only got married 5 weeks ago, weve been in a long distant relationship for what now seems like ages!! We first met in March 2009 and I cant wait to get out there again now to live with him again instead of back and forth around the world!!!!!

I know ill have to wait a while, but can anyone give me any advice on how long it takes for the visa to process and any tips you can give me whilst I'm going through this!

I'd be so grateful!

Thank you!

Laura

Has anyone just started applying for their Spouse visa???

I am just going through my application getting my paperwork organised so i am all prepared.

Me and my husband (who is australian) only got married 5 weeks ago, weve been in a long distant relationship for what now seems like ages!! We first met in March 2009 and I cant wait to get out there again now to live with him again instead of back and forth around the world!!!!!

I know ill have to wait a while, but can anyone give me any advice on how long it takes for the visa to process and any tips you can give me whilst I'm going through this!

I'd be so grateful!

Thank you!

Laura

Hi Laura,

It looks like since the new Australian financial year the spouse visas are estimated to take 6-8 months. I think the key thing is to add as much solid evidence as you can to your application. If you are lacking in it your case officer will ask for more (mine asked for a couple extra bills). It takes a while to get copies of everything but I guess this is what they base the decision on. Once you've submitted your application you will then be asked to go for a medical and get a police check - no need to do this beforehand.

Good luck, I hope you're successful!

Hi Laura,

It looks like since the new Australian financial year the spouse visas are estimated to take 6-8 months. I think the key thing is to add as much solid evidence as you can to your application. If you are lacking in it your case officer will ask for more (mine asked for a couple extra bills). It takes a while to get copies of everything but I guess this is what they base the decision on. Once you've submitted your application you will then be asked to go for a medical and get a police check - no need to do this beforehand.

Good luck, I hope you're successful!

Hi Anna!

Thank you.

Over the years I've kept all recipts for our flights, telephone bills, my bank account in Oz (which is registered to his address) etc.

And of course things like reciepts for days out, photos, bday & xmas cards I guess the standard stuff really.

What sort of bills did you need to provide?? As Im living back with my parents now trying to save the money, I dont really have any major bills that I pay for.

Have you been for your medical? What do they go through?

Thanks

I sent my visa in 26 July, money left my account mid week and my case officer emailed me yesterday.

Just been reading these posts... making me more stressed!!! :(

I am currently applying to University Queensland. Course starts in February?!?! :/

Who ever knew this would be so stressful?!?!... Not me!!!! :(

I sent my visa in 26 July, money left my account mid week and my case officer emailed me yesterday.

Just been reading these posts... making me more stressed!!! :(

I am currently applying to University Queensland. Course starts in February?!?! :/

Who ever knew this would be so stressful?!?!... Not me!!!! :(

Race ya!!

We submitted at the same time. Have you been asked for your meds and police checks yet

Who is your CO?

Edited by kateNollie

Guest charleysmum74

Hi Anna,

We booked our flights through a company called worldwide flights, they got me a really good deal about 3 weeks before we flew. It cost us under 2 grand for 2 adults and 1 child on Singapore airlines, cattle class but it was still quite comfortable. We had a 14 hour stop over in Singapore which was a god send. We flew Manchester to Munich (1.5 hrs) then Munich to Singapore (14 hrs) had the stop over. We had pre booked into one of the transit hotels, where we had a rest, swam in the pool and mooched about the airport, then on to Melbourne on an A380!!(6.5 hrs). I must say I was dreading the journey esp with a four year old, but it was relatively painless!!

I came out 3 weeks ago on a tourist visa (which runs out on 18th Sept and my 100 visa is hopefully due to be granted on 11th Sept). Obviously I can't work as yet, so I have spent my time looking for places to live , found a lovely child care centre for my little boy who starts nursery tomorrow and I had an interview for a job I applied for before I came out here (awaiting outcome!). Oh, and I have had my hair done, done lots of shopping, sightseeing, bonding with my child (as he has been in full time nursery since 9 months old) and going to the local gym as they have a creche!!

I can recall reading about it, but I can't remember who it is who's coming over on a tourist visa. It has worked out really well for us as my husband started work straight away so it has given me a chance to scope out areas and do a lot of research mainly about housing. It has taken us all this time to decide which suburb we want to live in!

Good luck everyone, we are loving it, despite hardly having a possession to our name, one of us being jobless, being homeless and I have had the joys of being a full time parent!

C :)

Guest charleysmum74
AB just called back, said my permanent visa was going very well and he'd get it finalised on Wednesday! :D

Background for permanent visa... will be married 2 years on Sunday, been together for almost 9 years. Living in UK together for 6 years, bought house together 5 years ago. Baby just over a year ago. Maybe the delay on the visa for me was to be officially married more than 2 years, who knows. All I know is it's flipping great news! :D

AB was lovely to speak to, however I think I could be bias. I'll keep you posted Wednesday!

Hello Anna,

forgive me for probably being out of the loop, but how long is it since you submitted your application? Bet you are sooooooooooo excited!!

C:)

Hello Anna,

forgive me for probably being out of the loop, but how long is it since you submitted your application? Bet you are sooooooooooo excited!!

C:)

Hey Charleysmum,

I got a CO assigned on 13th Feb, so if it comes through Wed as I've been told it'll have taken just under 6 months, I was given 5-6 months process time. I recon they may have held off because I will officially be married 2 years tomorrow so I'd imagine the paperwork for a permanent visa is much simpler if you are over 2 years, rather than just under. All speculation though!!

Thanks for your other post about flights. We're in a similar situation with 2 adults and a 1 yr old. We need to stop over in Dubai to see friends/family (at the loss of extra baggage for me!). This will somewhat limit our choices. Flying out of Manch or Glasg and into Melbourne.

Now for me to find a new thread to post on. So nice to be coming out the end of this process after so many months waiting. Good luck all!

Just for an update on people applying for the 309 visa from London, my OH submitted his in March and they have said current waiting times are long, more towards the 6months end of the scale :(

Goodluck to everyone who've submitted, I have my fingers crossed things will speed up! We are backpacking in SE asia until it comes though so hoping it won't be toooo long.... nx

Just for an update on people applying for the 309 visa from London, my OH submitted his in March and they have said current waiting times are long, more towards the 6months end of the scale :(

Goodluck to everyone who've submitted, I have my fingers crossed things will speed up! We are backpacking in SE asia until it comes though so hoping it won't be toooo long.... nx

Bad news! Thanks for posting it though. Starting to think I might have to look into delaying my flights. :(

Not such good news, fingers crossed it is max 6months! we have just lodged our 309 visa application in Auckland, apparently same processing time as if lodged in London, does anyone know if this is true or whether it is any shorter/ longer...

We lodged 6th July so hopefully only 5 more months to go.... let the wait begin.

At least you will get to see some amazing sights in SE Asia whilst waiting for the visa to be granted, lucky lucky!! :smile:

Hi Laura

We first filled out our application forms in October!! Then waited for our supporting statements from friends and family to come through (took until February) then faffed about a lot, then finally got everything together and sent it off at the end of June (just got in on the last day of the month). So my advice would be to not muck around like we did and get everything in as soon as possible. We could have been there by now if we hadn't wasted so much time doing nothing and looking for solicitors to certify documents. :wacko:

We have been told 3 times now 5-6 months, so hopefully it'll be the same for you when you lodge. Good luck!

Edited because I quoted the wrong person. It's too early in the morning.

Nic

Edited by mng75

Hi! Submitted application today for Permanent Partner visa. OH went to Aus 2wks ago to care for his mum who has terminal cancer, and due to finances it now looks like we will be apart until we can get to Aus. Was told 6-8 mths on phone on Friday, quite gutted it's gone up! Have explained our circumstances in a covering letter (we have a 3yo so being apart for months is tough) and asked if we can be considered for compassionate/compelling circumstances. Is there anyone who has made a similar request, or know what kind of circumstances are considered 'compelling'? We're looking at flying out in November, so it wld be a real blow if I couldn't work until march! All thoughts appreciated :D

Guest wardie77
Havnt heard of anyone getting Visa yet..think im next .......Keep checking my emails ...evan tho I know its not due till mid Aug :)

Fingers crossed you only have 1 week to go!

Just got my wifes 2nd stage visa approved, 100, 2 years to the day since the 309 was approved, as we have been to Aus and now back in the UK there is a 'must enter by date' condition of the end of july next year on it. We are planning to go for a holiday in feb/mar next year so will activate it then.

Hi! Submitted application today for Permanent Partner visa. OH went to Aus 2wks ago to care for his mum who has terminal cancer, and due to finances it now looks like we will be apart until we can get to Aus. Was told 6-8 mths on phone on Friday, quite gutted it's gone up! Have explained our circumstances in a covering letter (we have a 3yo so being apart for months is tough) and asked if we can be considered for compassionate/compelling circumstances. Is there anyone who has made a similar request, or know what kind of circumstances are considered 'compelling'? We're looking at flying out in November, so it wld be a real blow if I couldn't work until march! All thoughts appreciated :D

What a difficult situation for you all. I hope you get granted soon.

We played the "would like the children to spend some time with elderly great-grandparents before it's too late" card, but it hasn't made any difference (and it's not quite the same, obviously).

Good luck!