SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hey I've just had the same response from AB saying they're 'not in a position to be able to finalise your visa application' and the wait is still 5-6 months.

Ok, just 3 more weeks of waiting, I can't complain (well, as long as it's the news I'm after)!

Guest guest72634
Hi,

I have been reading this forum for a while but thought I would let you know what my case officer VF sent me today.

Processing times have extended to between 6 - 8 months from date of application lodgement due to a smaller amount of visa places being offered in the current Australian financial year.

My stats are:

App lodged: 20/4/2012

Meds done a few days later

told had verything they needed on 25/5/2012.

and now it seems I may be lucky to be Oz in time for Christmas.

Lets hope it doesn't take anywhere near this long.

I also have VF. I emailed her today after reading your email but have had an out of office reply saying she won't be back until 30th July. So annoying the wait to see what she says is gonna be awful. I was planing on going over in Sept and having 2 months holiday before my visa is granted. I have already told work I am leaving at the end of Aug. If i now have to wait til Jan then that will be 12 months without seeing my Fiance. I am getting married in Feb, won't leave me much prep time either.

Anyone else been told its now 6-8 months?

I am waiting for a 300 visa.

Guys if this helps my case officer emailed me in reply to my several questions last week and told me to go ahead and book the flights and give her the dates once done so she can make sure the visa is granted by that date, by the time we fly it will be 7 months, she estimated the 5-6 month mark and still it hasn't changed, infact how can it change now she has told me and a few others to go ahead and book. People have been getting grants withing 5 months and a couple of days lately, surely it would have been 6 months + if this was the case........

Guest jimmyciara121
Just got my visa!!

Hey Donna, when did you send your application off? Just wondering because ours was sent 23rd Feb :)

Guest nimhug
Woohoo!!!

Application sent 7th Feb

Co assigned 16th Feb

Medical done 23rd Feb

Granted 16th July

Five months from when the Co was assigned to the Day! So happy! I'd go tomorrow, but alas we have to wait until October!

We had SV, good luck to everyone else!

Sorry I have not been on for a while! Super news - congrats! Best of luck with everything!

Guest nimhug
YAY!!!! Well done guys that is fantastic news!!! Good luck with the move! Hopefully us March applicants won't be too far behind you...

Thanks Wardie! Yes fingers crossed the visas they keep rolling in. Devastated to log on here and see the posts relating to 6-8 months. Here's hoping that wont be the case and you will all get your visas asap. Good luck.

Guest jimmyciara121
Hiya mine was sent 23rd of feb as well

Well congrats to you! Hope ours isn't to much longer! Good luck with the move

I posted my spouse application, and also my son's application by descent last Monday. Can anyone please tell me if the Embassy acknowledges receipt and when they usually do this? Also what is the current approximate waiting time? I front loaded my police check if that makes a difference.

This is all a bit scarey!:smile:

LG is away until the 20th August :(

Nooooooooooooo.........gutted to read this!!

Does anyone know what happens when this is the case when your visa is due to be granted. Does another CO takeover?

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Guest MrsWooky
Nooooooooooooo.........gutted to read this!!

Does anyone know what happens when this is the case when your visa is due to be granted. Does another CO takeover?

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Hi ScOz

I think I read somewhere earlier on this thread (but I'm not sure how long ago and the exact circumstances) that someone rang to chase their visa grant when their CO was away on leave and another CO dealt with it and granted it. If you have been given a timeframe which falls before the 20th August I can't see that you have anything to lose by calling and trying to speak to someone else. I suppose it depends on circumstances but if your plans will be affected then I would ring if I were you, you never know. When did you apply?

The other thing that worries me is that a month's leave is a long time and that LG will have a huge backlog when she returns which is likely to have a knock on effect (unless someone covers her work in her absence).

Good luck anyway, and let us know how you get on if you decide to call.

D.

11 days and counting since the 5 month mark passed... now I'm beginning to worry. Seems like everyone else is getting there's granted by this stage. You never hear of the ones that don't get it granted. Hope all my paperwork was in order! :S

Guest jimmyciara121
11 days and counting since the 5 month mark passed... now I'm beginning to worry. Seems like everyone else is getting there's granted by this stage. You never hear of the ones that don't get it granted. Hope all my paperwork was in order! :S

We are on the 5 month and 5 day mark and haven't heard anything as well, very frustrating. Good luck, hope you hear soon

I posted my spouse application, and also my son's application by descent last Monday. Can anyone please tell me if the Embassy acknowledges receipt and when they usually do this? Also what is the current approximate waiting time? I front loaded my police check if that makes a difference.

This is all a bit scarey!:smile:

I posted my application for 309/100 in June (via an agent through my husband's work), also front loaded with police check. I had a letter about a week later, via the agent, confirming receipt and allocation of a CO. This also asked me to go for a medical and gave me the relevant info to organise this. It quoted waiting time of 5-6 months.