SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Tavajkovia

My fiance just got his Visa!!!

Application lodged: 02/02/2012 (frontloaded police checks)

Case officer (PS): 06/02/2012

Medicals: 17/02/2012

Visa grant: 10/07/2012 (Subclass 100)

Woohooo! Going out for steaks to celebrate! :D

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Guest wardie77

Congrats!!! Fantastic news! Enjoy your celebrations!!!

Hey guys,

I'm just gonna give you an update, Meds done on 5th July, Emailed CO yesterday asking whether results have been received and the meds and police checks are passed, she replied saying ' I have received all your documents and can advise nothing further is required from you. Current processing times are around 5 to 6 months so your application will be ready to finalise around November/December.

I then emailed my agent to double check if this meant it was a definite grant or whether to wait until then and it would be looked at again and re-assessed, my agent advised it is a definite grant but to just our turn in the queue. Yeeeeehaaaaa, now it's just a matter of waiting, we are looking at flying around Jan or Feb next year, so it's now just a case o seeling up and booking flights :) Yipppeeeee excited isn't the word lol xXXx

Glad to hear of all the other grants also, so made up for everyone it must be amazing and i can't wait for the day we are at that stage too :D Good luck to everyone else also.

Guest Samantha22

Hello does anyone know how to find out who your case officer is if you went through a migration agent first? Is there a number I can call to find out??

Guest Chantel
Hey guys,

I'm just gonna give you an update, Meds done on 5th July, Emailed CO yesterday asking whether results have been received and the meds and police checks are passed, she replied saying ' I have received all your documents and can advise nothing further is required from you. Current processing times are around 5 to 6 months so your application will be ready to finalise around November/December.

I then emailed my agent to double check if this meant it was a definite grant or whether to wait until then and it would be looked at again and re-assessed, my agent advised it is a definite grant but to just our turn in the queue. Yeeeeehaaaaa, now it's just a matter of waiting, we are looking at flying around Jan or Feb next year, so it's now just a case o seeling up and booking flights :) Yipppeeeee excited isn't the word lol xXXx

Glad to hear of all the other grants also, so made up for everyone it must be amazing and i can't wait for the day we are at that stage too :D Good luck to everyone else also.

Very, very exciting! Congratulations! :cute:

Guest jubjub87

I emailed my case officer to make sure that he had received everything and i got a reply saying,

'Thank you for your e-mail and no additional documents are required for your application. At present I am not in a position to be able to finalise your visa application. The processing times for Partner Migration is 5-6 months from the date you lodged the application (12/06/2012) to take into account our current on-going case load and to allow for applications to be finalised according to the date they were lodged. I will be in contact as soon as possible with regards to finalisation of your visa.

So im assuming that all is good and now its just a matter of waiting,right?! Fingers crossed!

Guest Chantel

A very BIG CONGRATULATIONS! :biggrin:

Guest ciaram

Hello everyone,

First time posting (though I have been admittedly following and getting invaluable information from this forum for months).

Here are our stats.

Application Submitted: Feb 29th -2012.

Visa Type: De Facto Partner Visa

Location: Offshore - Originally Ottawa but transfered to London July 6th 2012*

Police checks: Included at time of application

Medicals: Submitted March 12th on request (cost $260 CAD)

C/O: Yes in London but never in Ottawa

I am Irish and my partner is Australian. We met in Canada where we had been living together for 2 years (though only 'officially' ie; with both names on lease etc. for one year) at time of application. We originally submitted our application in Canada, as advised by the DIAC, but then in April my Canadian visa expired so we went traveling at then moved back to Ireland last month. Due to our change of address, about 2 weeks ago our application was transferred to the London Office. My partner has since returned to Australia to try find a job and get us set up before I arrive.

Once our application arrived at the London office I was contacted by my new c/o immediately. (Which is great, in 4 months in Canada we never heard from our C/O once, London already seems far more organized). He advised my visa should be granted around the end of July.

Guest nimhug
Hello everyone,

First time posting (though I have been admittedly following and getting invaluable information from this forum for months).

Here are our stats.

Application Submitted: Feb 29th -2012.

Visa Type: De Facto Partner Visa

Location: Offshore - Originally Ottawa but transfered to London July 6th 2012*

Police checks: Included at time of application

Medicals: Submitted March 12th on request (cost $260 CAD)

C/O: Yes in London but never in Ottawa

I am Irish and my partner is Australian. We met in Canada where we had been living together for 2 years (though only 'officially' ie; with both names on lease etc. for one year) at time of application. We originally submitted our application in Canada, as advised by the DIAC, but then in April my Canadian visa expired so we went traveling at then moved back to Ireland last month. Due to our change of address, about 2 weeks ago our application was transferred to the London Office. My partner has since returned to Australia to try find a job and get us set up before I arrive.

Once our application arrived at the London office I was contacted by my new c/o immediately. (Which is great, in 4 months in Canada we never heard from our C/O once, London already seems far more organized). He advised my visa should be granted around the end of July.

Welcome Ciara! And good luck - not long now and it looks like it was worth transferring to London! What part of Australia are you heading to?

Hi all,

I've not contributed before, but have gleaned so much valuable information from everyone on here, it seems churlish not to.

Applied for a Partner Offshore on 21/06/12, CO assigned 26/06/12 (AB), just completed medical and everything is crossed.

My wife's australian, and we're moving to melbourne between January-March next year.

Thanks all on the forum for your help

Guest Jujube

Hi

First time posting too! I'm about to apply for a permanent visa with a view to moving to Australia within the next 12 months with my husband's new job. He's Australian, I'm Irish and we've been married for 5 years and living in London. We also have a one year old son, who has Australian citizenship through descent. We have a fair amount of evidence of our relationship, so I'm not too worried about that side of things on the application.

The problem is that I'm also about to start an IVF cycle, which if successful, would mean I couldn't do the xray until after the baby is born, which isn't ideal as we want to be certain I can get over there pretty much straight after #2 comes along. When I've looked into front loading the application to include the medical checks, all the information says to only start the medical checks once requested to do so by the CO. So I'm not sure what I should do. Would it be unacceptable to front load my application with the medical checks in light of the IVF? Will the doctors doing the health check refuse to do it without the CO requesting it in the first instance? Will the CO reject an application with the medical checks front loaded?

All advice greatly appreciated!

Hi

First time posting too! I'm about to apply for a permanent visa with a view to moving to Australia within the next 12 months with my husband's new job. He's Australian, I'm Irish and we've been married for 5 years and living in London. We also have a one year old son, who has Australian citizenship through descent. We have a fair amount of evidence of our relationship, so I'm not too worried about that side of things on the application.

The problem is that I'm also about to start an IVF cycle, which if successful, would mean I couldn't do the xray until after the baby is born, which isn't ideal as we want to be certain I can get over there pretty much straight after #2 comes along. When I've looked into front loading the application to include the medical checks, all the information says to only start the medical checks once requested to do so by the CO. So I'm not sure what I should do. Would it be unacceptable to front load my application with the medical checks in light of the IVF? Will the doctors doing the health check refuse to do it without the CO requesting it in the first instance? Will the CO reject an application with the medical checks front loaded?

All advice greatly appreciated!

Initial thoughts

- Get the visa application in now - you will get the request for medicals very quickly

- Ask your Doctor(s) if there is any risk getting the scan X number of days after the IVF cycle

Guest Jujube

We don't have the stat decs yet, so we won't be able to get the application in before starting IVF I'm afraid. Timing has just turned against us unexpectedly for a whole raft of personal reasons....

We don't have the stat decs yet, so we won't be able to get the application in before starting IVF I'm afraid. Timing has just turned against us unexpectedly for a whole raft of personal reasons....

After thinking about it & reading this reply... I think you should call Australia House.

http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/IMMI_contact.html

From what I remember the stat dec's are a 'best effort' for out of country submissions - and in your case in particular unlikely to be required due to the other substantial evidence available. (Child, Marriage, Length of relationship) If they are required it is likely your CO (who will at the same time request medicals) will just ask for them then. By which point you will have them done! ;)

But yeah... call Australia House

Guest Jujube

Thanks both. I just called Australia House and they've said I can front load the medical but firstly I will be doing so at my own risk from a timing perspective and secondly, I will need to find a doctor's practice from the approved list that will produce a paper report. Apparently some are 100% linked to the eMedical system and can't produce paper reports.

So I've sent off emails to a couple of the greater London places to see if they can help.

Thanks again!

Guest Samantha22
Just took the plunge and booked my flights without a visa!! (Hopefully) flying on August 3rd to Melbourne!

Hello I just realised I have the same case officer as you!! Do you have his email address as I applied around the same time as you and would like my visa granted too!!!! I just don't have a contact for him!

Guest charleysmum74

does anyone have experience of applying for an e visitor in lieu of their spouse visa being granted? I'm leaving on Monday and SV told me that I could enter on a tourist visa as my 100 isn't due to be granted until Sept. I applied for an e visitor today, and it could tak eup to 10 days!!! eeeeek. Just wondeirn gif anyone had done the same thing and how long it took for their e visitor to come through.

thanks!!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum but have read through A LOT of the threads & posts...lots of useful info

I am applying for defacto spouse visa, all paperwork etc received 28/03/12 (my CO is LG), police check, medical paperwork received 03/04.

LG told me to expect completion by end Aug/Sept, I'm just wondering if it is worth emailing/calling to try to get a more concrete date? My parter & I would both really like to be ready to fly as soon as possible after completion of the visa process and want to hand notice in at work etc rather than waiting until September then handing notice and having to wait another 4-6 weeks before we can go.

What is people's experience of trying this? Is it worth it or am I just likely to get the same sort of date as an answer?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Off to Aus
additional info

Guest MrsWooky
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum but have read through A LOT of the threads & posts...lots of useful info

I am applying for defacto spouse visa, all paperwork etc received 28/03/12 (my CO is LG), police check, medical paperwork received 03/04.

LG told me to expect completion by end Aug/Sept, I'm just wondering if it is worth emailing/calling to try to get a more concrete date? My parter & I would both really like to be ready to fly as soon as possible after completion of the visa process and want to hand notice in at work etc rather than waiting until September then handing notice and having to wait another 4-6 weeks before we can go.

What is people's experience of trying this? Is it worth it or am I just likely to get the same sort of date as an answer?

Thanks in advance

Hi

LG is my CO too, and from my exhaustive reading on this thread, she seems to be a little on the vague side. However, I have always found her efficient and and forthcoming on other issues - I don't think you have anything to lose by giving her a ring/email just to ask if she can more specific. It's got to be understandable that for most people, their life is on hold while waiting for the visa grant and you can't be punished for asking.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

D.